PDA

View Full Version : Is MY 3x A WEEK SPLIT ANY GOOD??? HELP

small2big
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Its a 3x a week split hitting each muscle 1x a week, besides bis and tris, they get a "heavy" day and a "light" day. That why I do chest and bis vs chest and tris.

*****MONDAY=Chest and Bis
Bench 3x6-12 maybe a drop set of light weight for a bunch of reps
Incline 3x6-12
Flies 3x8-15
Dips 3x amap
BB curls 3x6-12
Hammers 3x6-12
Preachers 3x6-12

*****WEDNESDAY=Legs and Shoulders
Squat 3x6-12
Lunges 3x 15 steps
Leg Curls 3x6-12
Miltiary seated Press 4x6-12
Lat Raises 3x8-15
Cable Uprights 3x6-12

*****FRIDAY=Back and Tris
Deads 4x6-12
Rows 3x6-12
Uprights 3x6-12
LatpullDowns 3x6-12
Cable Pulldowns 3x6-12
Rope overhead pulls 3x6-12
Extensions 3x6-12

Deltasaurus
03-26-2009, 02:41 PM
looks good

Sledge
03-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I like it. Stick with it.

Koubs
03-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Simple, to the point... I personally never liked doing ANYTHING else on leg day (you are training shoulders that day as well)... I wouldn't have anything left in the tank... But if you feel like you can handle it, go for it!

small2big
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks, so you think its sufficient? Do you think it could work? Ive been working out about 3 years so Im not a total Newb.

O and I read in an old bodybuilding mag. that legs and shoulders was good to do, but im open to opinions! IF theres something I can improve let me know!

ironwarrior22
03-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Looks good. Only suggestion I have is doing pullups instead of pulldowns and possibly some dumbell shrugs in place of one of the upright rows since your doing them 2 days, but really that's just nitpicking. Good luck:)

DAVIDHARDY
03-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Simple, to the point... I personally never liked doing ANYTHING else on leg day (you are training shoulders that day as well)... I wouldn't have anything left in the tank... But if you feel like you can handle it, go for it!

Thanks, so you think its sufficient? Do you think it could work? Ive been working out about 3 years so Im not a total Newb.

O and I read in an old bodybuilding mag. that legs and shoulders was good to do, but im open to opinions! IF theres something I can improve let me know!

Agreed! I cant even think about doing anything else after legs, but if you can handle it, keep it up. I can't do back and legs 2 days apart either, so I would have to flip the Mon/Wed or Wed/Fri.

If you start getting gassed after legs and cant do the shoulders, try moving the shoulders and arms to one day(I would go with Monday), chest/back(Wednesday) to another and legs all by themselves(Friday). That's assuming that you dont have a problem doing legs and back 2 days apart. not trying to say it doesn't look good, I'm just giving you a different look at it.

Mr. Hyde
03-27-2009, 08:54 AM
I would do legs on the own day, if you wanna hit muscles 1x a week.

Chest / front delts / tri
Back / rear delts / traps / bi
Lower

or

Chest / arms
Back / delts
Lower

or

Chest / back
Delts / arms
Lower

Mr. Hyde
03-27-2009, 09:00 AM
You can also use the routine you laid out at the top and just split you delts up, front with chest, rear with back. Most of the time i split my delts up because front delts get hammered on chest day and rear delts and traps also get hit on back day pretty hard. Your only gonna be adding about 2 movements to each day so it would even extand the workout to much.

small2big
03-27-2009, 02:38 PM
I would do legs on the own day, if you wanna hit muscles 1x a week.

Chest / front delts / tri
Back / rear delts / traps / bi
Lower

or

Chest / arms
Back / delts
Lower

or

Chest / back
Delts / arms
Lower

Ok, well, since you pointed out the "1x" a week, is 1x a week honestly enough? to GAIN MASS

Mr. Hyde
03-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Yea once a week should be fine for mass gains, plenty of time to recover. Use alot of compound movements, dont use to many isolation excersises and always try to move more weight.
Ok, well, since you pointed out the "1x" a week, is 1x a week honestly enough? to GAIN MASS

CanadianBacon
03-29-2009, 06:43 PM
If I'm forced to do a 3 day split due to time constraints I do something very similar to that. The only problem I've run into is the shoulder + legs day. That is so taxing I've nearly passed out on multiple occasions. Other that that yeah it looks good.

Bubba Bronko
04-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Legs and shoulders holy smokes im done after legs....you could try chest/bi/shoulders....legs...back/triceps...that way you hit biceps on monday direct and indirectly on friday same with triceps. shoulders on chest day can be a pain but just be balls out

Bubba Bronko
04-03-2009, 12:09 AM

Just a suggestion search the site brosef! Proper sleep, diet and lifting will see results! Move weight and K.I.S.S. dont stray from the basics and what has worked...just my .02 :popcorn:

MusclesMarinara
04-03-2009, 01:13 AM
If you are progressing stick with it until it doesnt.. if it aint broke dont fix it. Everyone responds differently so you need to find out what works best for you, but its a good start!

AVBG
04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
solid workout plan.