PDA

View Full Version : Scott Connelly and Progenex Lawsuit

Jake DeMichele
03-17-2011, 01:16 AM
What ever happened with Scott Connelly and his Progenex lawsuit/company fiasco with those ex-cons. Did he ever win his lawsuit and get his money? Anyone have any info on this, Dave?

BuffGuy
03-17-2011, 04:33 AM
thats a good question..
I totaly forgot about this issue..
Progenex is not the same without Dr. Scott Connelly

Dee
03-17-2011, 01:49 PM
anthony roberts covered it very thoroughly in his blog....
he takes a lot of shots at this site as well so i wont put a link...google it.

that company is pretty fuct now....fired connelly, changed the formula of their product, sucks now, and lied about financial facts amongst other things.....

hopefully connelly comes out with some other great products.....he has some pretty interesting theories and science backing his products.

BuffGuy
03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
imo he should join forces with Dave.. and build and empire...

Yoshe
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
isn't Connelly releasing his BodyRX food this year?

barbellman
03-17-2011, 03:17 PM
imo he should join forces with Dave.. and build and empire...

LOL I think he built his empire about....oh 20 years ago sport :yep:

Jake DeMichele
03-17-2011, 04:02 PM
anthony roberts covered it very thoroughly in his blog....
he takes a lot of shots at this site as well so i wont put a link...google it.

that company is pretty fuct now....fired connelly, changed the formula of their product, sucks now, and lied about financial facts amongst other things.....

hopefully connelly comes out with some other great products.....he has some pretty interesting theories and science backing his products.

Anthony Roberts is an idiot.. Take most of what he says with a grain of salt. I'm just wondering what happened with the lawsuit, wasn't he suing them for a few million or something?

mustng91
03-17-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd rather know what ever happened to the "Muscle University" show that he was supposed to be doin here.

lartinos
03-18-2011, 02:14 AM
AR=muckraker

sam the man
03-19-2011, 09:22 AM
HE WROTE THE ONE AND ONLY ONE PAPER ON WHEY PROTIEN IN WHAT 84, SINCE THEN BEEN REPRINTED EVERY SECOND YEAR,, COME ON MATE,,, THINGS CHANGE,, its like saying arnold is great,,,, he was in his time, now he wont even turn pro with that physique,, ,same way whey protien was good in those days,, now the tech, research is much more advance,,,,

Triple-H_2005
03-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Anthony Roberts is an idiot..

Brother, I think we've found common ground!:hmn:

Jake DeMichele
03-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Brother, I think we've found common ground!:hmn:

haha :allgood:

chris mason
03-19-2011, 04:56 PM
HE WROTE THE ONE AND ONLY ONE PAPER ON WHEY PROTIEN IN WHAT 84, SINCE THEN BEEN REPRINTED EVERY SECOND YEAR,, COME ON MATE,,, THINGS CHANGE,, its like saying arnold is great,,,, he was in his time, now he wont even turn pro with that physique,, ,same way whey protien was good in those days,, now the tech, research is much more advance,,,,

So, what is the most advanced word on protein these days?

47ronin
03-19-2011, 04:58 PM

apparently HumaPro from what I've read

Jake DeMichele
03-19-2011, 07:44 PM

The company murray and goldburn who founded the whey growth factor extract that connelly used in the old progenex forumla sells their own products under the name Ascend in Australia. You can pay a whopping 100 dollars for two pounds of it. lololol.

chris mason
03-19-2011, 08:52 PM
apparently HumaPro from what I've read

Lol, well, sometimes a story repeated often enough becomes a collective truth, eh?

adpolice
03-20-2011, 05:19 AM

Nitrotech...proven 24x better than regural whey:drool:

Sandpig
03-20-2011, 08:37 AM

24x more likely to make you shit.

chris mason
03-20-2011, 02:12 PM

Lol, and the REAL joke is people still buy their products.

Youngguns
03-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Trueprotein baby!

I'll put up $$ against any other companies products for overall value.

Triple-H_2005
03-20-2011, 02:46 PM
On the ultra-rare occasion that I do use protein powder...agree w YG.

Trueprotein is the best!

ritch
03-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Trueprotein baby!

Go to truesupplements.com They are a Canadian based company. They sell a blend that is 50% iso 50% concentrate, is flavored and costs $40 canadian.

I ordered the trueprotein 100% concentrate and each 5lbs with shipping was just over $40.

So tell me who has the better value and how much cash were you putting up here and who does it go to?

rxwhey.com has a blend that is 70% iso, 30% concentrate and sells for $7 a lbs. Beat that TP!

I just posted 2 places that has better value.

Triple-H_2005
03-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Since I buy a tub of whey every 6 months, know TP's quality and reputation and have no idea who the Canadian company is...

I'll pay a little bit more.

ritch
03-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Since I buy a tub of whey every 6 months, know TP's quality and reputation and have no idea who the Canadian company is...

I'll pay a little bit more.

they will send you a free sample if you like.

Scott Stevenson
03-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Go to truesupplements.com They are a Canadian based company. They sell a blend that is 50% iso 50% concentrate, is flavored and costs $40 canadian.

I ordered the trueprotein 100% concentrate and each 5lbs with shipping was just over $40.

So tell me who has the better value and how much cash were you putting up here and who does it go to?

rxwhey.com has a blend that is 70% iso, 30% concentrate and sells for $7 a lbs. Beat that TP!

I just posted 2 places that has better value.

Have you compared nutrition facts labels or better yet, certificates of analysis, or are you just going on the percentages (which is seems from your analysis above)?...

-S

LIQUIDEX
03-20-2011, 03:04 PM

did some one mention samples......i might be ur candidate sir.

-LIQUIDEX-

ritch
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Have you compared nutrition facts labels or better yet, certificates of analysis, or are you just going on the percentages (which is seems from you analysis above)?...

-S

no not that. not necessary, besides those can be faked so no point. You either trust your source or you don't. Also I'm pretty sure the manufacture standards and labels are more on point with canadian products. Not hating on U.S. stuff...

Anyway, that was my point, I made 2 of them if that does not please people, then tough shit.

Triple-H_2005
03-20-2011, 03:26 PM

That would tell me what? Taste?

Unless they have a 3rd party assay, I'm not impressed.

Like I said, I only buy whey once or twice a year, in case of emergency, so it just isn't worth it to me to switch to an unknown company and compound.

Youngguns
03-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I trust Dante and his company. He's been great to his customers and seems like a stand up honest guy. I've never had a problem with them and they're straight up people, he has a set of morals many seem to lack. What other supplement company owner comes on all the bodybuilding boards and backs up his claims, answers question etc. The guy sells supplements straight up, I'm not a naive teen who gives into ad's, I want the best protein at the best price, I don't care if comes in food grade bags instead of bright coloured buckets with insane claims. The Canadian dollar is strong right now as well (actually the American is weak) so you'll get an even better value than before.

dropshot001
03-21-2011, 01:08 AM
i'm with youngguns. trueprotein can't be beat in terms of the products, price per pound/bottle or customer service. an all around great company

47ronin
03-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Trueprotein baby!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/25/article-1155731-02DAC8AA00000578-34_468x454.jpg

Effort
03-21-2011, 11:34 PM
i'm with youngguns. trueprotein can't be beat in terms of the products, price per pound/bottle or customer service. an all around great company

Are their new flavors good?

Scott Stevenson
03-23-2011, 02:54 AM
no not that. not necessary, besides those can be faked so no point. You either trust your source or you don't.

Certificates of analysis can be faked, true and you can siply mis-label, which is also done. So are you saying that the most important thing is trusting your source, less so than a price analysis?...

Also I'm pretty sure the manufacture standards and labels are more on point with canadian products. Not hating on U.S. stuff...

What makes you say that?...

-S

Good Grip
03-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Ive seen the ads for Dr. Connoelly's radioshow in Planet Muscle. Thats the only thing ive seen him release since Progenex.