PDA

View Full Version : Steriods & Sports

-Z-
02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
What is your opinion of steriods in sports?

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
fans demand more homeruns, touchdown, big hits....

these guys get paid immensely to be at that level....let them use it.

Viking
02-11-2009, 06:21 PM
The only sports they "belong" in are Powerlifting, Bodybuilding and Strongman.

-Z-
02-11-2009, 06:22 PM
fans demand more homeruns, touchdown, big hits....

these guys get paid immensely to be at that level....let them use it.

I agree 100%.

Mike Hunt
02-11-2009, 06:24 PM
I think this whole steroid issue in sports is getting old.Its like beating a dead horse over and over again.Instead of the goverment focusing on steriods they should be focusing on more important things like global warming,healthcare,the war in Iraq etc.So famous sport stars use steroids,get over it.I honestly couldnt care anymore.

Bubba Bronko
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I agree with Davey. I dont know these guys fuck it let them use its their choice they are grown men. hell if i had a $252 million contract id be doing everything possible to fill those expectations. Save the kids give me a fucking break go after drugs and alcohol and teen sex/pregnancy...yea the juice thats whats killing todays youth not alcohol and smoking. they belong in every sport i pay top money to see PROS i want my moneys worth...i want bigger hits more homeruns etc....welcome to america we created this. babe ruth a womanizer a drunk a smoker but look how much credit he gets for what he did. Let them play! my .02

HanSoLo
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Steroids have been in sports for a long time and will be in sports for a long time, this whole trying to clean them up is a waste of time. If guys in the pro's want to do em, so what? I honestly dont care if a player is on them or not, cause I wanna see a ball get knocked the fuck out of a park and not fall on the warning track.

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
I like how the hearing on economic stimulus was interrupted by this trivial episode of A-Rod's steroid use.

collegelinebacker31
02-12-2009, 11:52 PM
In my mind its really a no brainer as far as AAS in sports specifically div 1 football. im willing to do whatever it takes to get to the next level, and thats basically the mindset of the majority of my team. the coaches, fans and fellow teamates demand we get as big, fast and strong as possible. the athletes didnt create drug use in sports, the coaches and the public did. if you dont like it then stop tuning into ESPN to see me play.

tommigunzzz
02-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I say use what you want. There job is to entertain us. I don't care what it takes for them to do it.

Jer
02-13-2009, 11:44 AM
As long as there is that much money to be had, guys will do what it takes to be the best they can be. And using PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs are one way of doing so.

I pay good money to go to sporting events, they better be sauced up.

thepump
02-27-2009, 04:32 PM
i say to hell with testing. they find ways around it any way. trust me on that one.

also i say a drug is somthing that gives you a buzz and roids dont do that they help u reach your full 100%

Zetawill
02-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Texas steroid testing
$6milllion spent on testing
7 students caught out of 19000 tested

$315 to test each student.......OR $857,000 per athlete caught.

Plus the test they are doing is a joke. Easy to screw with from what I understand.

Military Might
03-15-2009, 08:57 PM
I think it's funny that this is even a thread on this website when we all know we're all pro-steroid, lol.

But honestly why are they even illegal? because ignorant people associate injecting yourself with steroids with injecting yourself with heroine, for the simple fact that there's a needle invovled. Making steroids illegal is just as retarded and dumb as making alcohol illegal back in the prohibition days. As a matter of fact, doesn't alcohol cause more problems than steroids do? People are just fucking dumb, fuck it though because no matter how dumb they are, other people are even dumber and will vote for those idiots to become the Vice President....ie. Joe Biden

MichaelWayne
03-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Well seeing so the truth will never come out, this is a wishlist.

1) Steroid education
2) Allow it, we pay so much, so should they! I don't want to see a 6'2" 250lb LB, I want a 6'2" 300lb LB hitting a chemically altered QB with a laser guided rocket arm!
3) Allow the evolution of sports to happen, its the nature of the beast

BigAl33
03-18-2009, 12:43 AM
There are more important things we should be saving our kids from. There is a lot more dangers in the schools than steroids. Especially if you look at the numbers.... I mean like % of kids who use steroids or drink, or use heroin, or are having unprotected sex while on exctasty...... Get my point?

MichaelWayne
03-18-2009, 09:31 AM

MichaelWayne
03-18-2009, 09:31 AM
There is a lot more dangers in the schools than steroids. Especially if you look at the numbers.... I mean like % of kids who use steroids ..... Get my point?

Get your point...uh, no?!?!??!:confused:

Dr. Joel Nathan
03-21-2009, 06:40 AM
As an Addiction Medicine Doc, most of my patients who come to me to detox from opiates are athletic currently or in the past. Genetics is a double edged sword. The athlete has a more potent feel to their endorphins when they workout and play their game and so when they get injured and get an opiate many have a strong positive reaction to them that is different than your average Joe.

The average Joe will be given, for instance, Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) and get the pain relief and probably will get sleepy. On the other hand, people with athletic prowess get an opposite reaction, opiates are like rocket fuel for them. Opiates for the athlete become a performance enhancer that reinforces taking them again and again.

With continued use of opiates comes tolerance and they need to take more and more to get the same effect. Also withdrawal occurs. In withdrawal they cannot participate in their sport due to symptoms of fatigue, nausea, stomach cramps, anxiety and inability to sleep.

Appropriate detox and treatment can untrap these men and women so they can go on with their lives, continue to excel at their sport and be role models for future athletes. No one has to know that they are recovering.

There is a forum on this board that I author that is about Addiction Medicine and Sports. Perhaps it would be of interest to readers of this column.

Joel

47ronin
03-21-2009, 07:13 AM
There will always be athletes that cheat by using drugs so why not level the playing field and allow them all to use them so long as they are prescribed and monitored by a doctor.

apex23
04-04-2009, 05:16 PM
in my mind its really a no brainer as far as aas in sports specifically div 1 football. Im willing to do whatever it takes to get to the next level, and thats basically the mindset of the majority of my team. The coaches, fans and fellow teamates demand we get as big, fast and strong as possible. The athletes didnt create drug use in sports, the coaches and the public did. If you dont like it then stop tuning into espn to see me play.

for a second i was thinking you went to usc...lol

BULLDOZER
04-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't want to see normal guys. they should all hit the pin.

GottaGetLean
06-17-2009, 11:57 PM
steriods and sports are great!:popcorn:

bringingthehuge
06-19-2009, 12:03 PM
I think they should all use if they want to. Bigger, Faster, Stronger means more excitement