PDA

View Full Version : I'm Gonna Take State!!

missfiguretn
03-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi all!
I have been on here for forever looking at pictures from shows and things and figured I would do a journal for my upcoming show in August. This Saturday is 20 weeks out, and I am ready to get this thing started!
I did a show last March, 9 months after having a baby. Yes I was in good shape from having a baby, but wasnt quite show ready. So here I am, a year later, with a lot more muslce, a lot better shape, and about 20 pounds less to lose.
My husband has been bbing for 9 years, and has 4 national shows under his belt. He has to requalify this year, so we are going to do the same show. I am looking forward to us both looking amazing together, but this should make for an interesting diet. With us running a business, taking care of a 2 year old, and somehow working out, and squeezing in the cardio, it should be very interesting!!
I told him if we could handle me being pregnant and him doing 2 shows at that time, we can handle anything. LOL
Thank for checking in and any words of advise is always appreciated!! :hmn:

tammyp
03-22-2011, 05:46 AM
welcome and glad you are out of lurkdom!

Cdimeo
03-22-2011, 10:25 AM
best of luck in prepping!

missfiguretn
03-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks!!!
Looking forward to this Saturday when I start!! I will have to admit, I am going to miss my running and plyos. but I might be able to squeeze in a few intervals here and there. I am going to be doing a no carb diet, Dave's diet actually, so bye bye running, hello SSC!! LOL

missfiguretn
03-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Well, diets are in. It is kind of funny to see the difference between a bodybuilder and figure!! Especailly a man and a woman. I am starting out, 20 weeks no carbs. AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW
My husband on the other hand, still gets carbs. Hmmmm. We see who the chunky butt is here. LOL
Oh well! Off to happy dieting. :byeg:

missfiguretn
03-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I have a confession. LOL. I know that everyone loves junk food everynow and then, but MAAAANNN, you feel a million times better not eating it!! I have acutally been looking forward to starting my diet, just so I can feel better. I do know that this first week will be the hardest. Just getting used to the change, my body leveling out, and inderstanding that I cant run 5 miles anymore...(figurtivly speaking, not literally)

I do think doing this show with my husband is going to be nice. We can be there for each other, push each other, plus....if one of us is eating healthy, its easier to stick too instead of one person eating a pizza and the other not!! Also, we can look forward to our cheat meals together.

I am not going to post pics now, cause my booty is too big. LOL, but hopefully as the progress goes I will. I will say at 20 weeks out, I am 5'5, 150, 14.6% body fat. Most of the fat is in my thighs of course, I am a woman after all.

Trying a little something different with ym training for this show. Heavy heavy heavy shoulders and lats. Lighter on chest and arms. Super super light with 200 plus reps on legs. Kind of got too much size on legs and I need to stop squating and deadlifting heavy. LOL. My upper body says figure, my lower says bodybuilder. LOL

missfiguretn
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Almost one week down!!! I can tell one good difference with me doing no carbs and the hubby still eating carbs is... he has only lost 3 pounds so far and I have lost 6!!! I know it is water weight, but it still does the ego some good to see 6 pounds gone off the scale!

I am looking forward to my cheat meal already though. I think its cause my 2 year old walks around eating animal crackers. And she is only 21 pounds. She must have gotten some elses genes. LOL

Today was a brutal leg day. Switched up my training alittle. So 400 squats, 400 stepups, 200 leg extensions, 200 leg curls, and 300 lunges later.....I am spent. Definitly see a nap in my near future!

missfiguretn
04-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Week one gone! Only 19 more to go!!! I know it seems like forever. But I am sure it will be here before I know it. I lost 6 pounds this week, hello water!! LOL

First cheat meal tonight. I can tell you, I am not all that crazy about it. Probably cause its only been a week. Not too hard yet. Definitly have to continue getting used to eating only what I am SUPPOSED to eat and nothing more.

Well, everyone have a great weekend!

missfiguretn
04-05-2011, 03:08 PM
:drool: ok, so only 2nd week in and man, my leg workout bombed!! I think it is a combo of no carbs, already did my 40 mins of cardio outside at 6am, and then changing up me leg routine! Instead of doing heavy weight, low to med rep range, I am going to start working more on the conditioning of my legs til show time! I definitly have enough size, told by two judges, LOL, so now I am doing 3 sets of 50 or 3 sets of 100 or stupid crap like that. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :dunno:

Tomorrow is off day, thank God!! No cardio, no workouts, and I am getting my hair done!

LIQUIDEX
04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Pictures Please

Negative Criticism will not be tolerated, Tammy will make sure of it! ;)

missfiguretn
04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Pictures Please

Negative Criticism will not be tolerated, Tammy will make sure of it! ;)

Of me???? Ahahahahaha...maybe in a few weeks. :no:
I am not worried about everyone elses comments really, Im worried about my own self imagine issue. LOL I am just 18 1/2 weeks out so Ive got a little weight to lose. Only about 20 pounds, but you know us girls, we will pin point everything wrong with ourselves that no one else sees. LOL

Dave is doing me diet and it took all my nerve to send him my pictures last weekend. I didnt want him throwing up on himself. Ha ha

LIQUIDEX
04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Of me???? Ahahahahaha...maybe in a few weeks. :no:
I am not worried about everyone elses comments really, Im worried about my own self imagine issue. LOL I am just 18 1/2 weeks out so Ive got a little weight to lose. Only about 20 pounds, but you know us girls, we will pin point everything wrong with ourselves that no one else sees. LOL

Dave is doing me diet and it took all my nerve to send him my pictures last weekend. I didnt want him throwing up on himself. Ha ha

LoL............don't be hard on yourself, 20lb above contest weight puts you in the 'voluptuous' category <<<<<<<< Sexy if you ask me!

good luck in your prep, and please post some pics when you get close to contest time.

Best of Luck.

Dadup
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
good luck to you! it will be a great experience for you and your husband to be prepping together! like liquidex said, give us some pics, and we'll help out as much as we can!

missfiguretn
04-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks ya'll!!! I will get on it soon. LOL:hmn:

Sunnyday
04-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Welcome! Looking forward to following you through your prep.

FATPANDA
04-09-2011, 10:44 PM
best of luck to you!