PDA

View Full Version : My Goal at Junior Nationals 2011

danieleslinger02
03-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Ok Guys, Im 12 weeks out, and go ahead and light my ass on fire. Here's the plan. 2005, hit by a roadside bomb in Iraq. Broke my neck at the c-5,6,7., broke my left left shoulder and tore it completely from the clavicle, and required a left hip replacement. I was left with Epilepsy from a Traumatic Brain Injury from landing on my head after the explosion. I was in a coma for 9 days, came out, and went back under for 3 more weeks, and was partially paralyzed for the better of 9 months. I started training in 2006 lifting only the bar on a flat bench every day for 3 months, along with 30 lbs leg entensions, and curling 15 lb dumbell at 3 sets of 10. In 2006 it was discovered I had another shoulder surgery required, and once cleared from the that, I got dumped by a woman whos biological clock was ticking and that lit a fire under my ass. The biatch created monster. So now after 2 2nd place finishes last year in 2 National Qualifiers as a Super Heavy, Im taking it to Chicago. I know the judges told me I needed more thickness and that I placed second do to having the best condition in the WHOLE show, which in a sense made me proud because these guys most likely were all training while I was 150 lbs confined to a hospital bed with a Steel Halo and Rods on my head. So Id appreciate any and all advice as I have tried to work my ass off to Generate more thickness while trying to stay as lean as possible to keep my trademark conditioning come showtime. Dont hold back. Ive Attached pics from the All Armed Forces Nationals, and if there are any progressions and regressions, Id like some insight on what I did this offseason that I improved, or didnt improve enough on.

Thanks,

Dan Eslinger

danieleslinger02
03-22-2011, 10:05 PM
My goal is to be the 1st Iraqi/Afghanistan Veteran with a Purple Heart and Bronze Star to compete in a National Show.

Jude2
03-22-2011, 10:42 PM
First off thanks for surving our Country. What are your stats, because you look lean for a SHW. Looks like you added some size in your arms and legs. You need to add chest and back thickness, along with back width.

danieleslinger02
03-22-2011, 10:48 PM
First off thanks for surving our Country. What are your stats, because you look lean for a SHW. Looks like you added some size in your arms and legs. You need to add chest and back thickness, along with back width.
6'3" 271.4 on sunday at 730 am. Started dieting 2 weeks ago and was at 288. Working with an IFBB Pro here in the Tampa Area. He says our objective is to get lean and add MORE mass while getting ready, but wanted to see from an ouotside perspective. He chose Jr Nats as the show I should compete in.

and Thanks Judge for thanking me, but dont want me injuries holding me back. I wanted this success long before I got hit by the IED, it just put a little damper in the Timing.

Jude2
03-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Ok I knew you had to be tall. Yes I think the Jr. Nationals or the Jr USA is the right show for you.

danieleslinger02
03-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Ok I knew you had to be tall. Yes I think the Jr. Nationals or the Jr USA is the right show for you.
Ok, well that makes me happy that he's choosing the shows in my best interest. I just didnt feel like spending another season collecting a trophy in a Level 5 show. Obviously I have to be Realistic and know Im a long shot. But I'd like to show up, in the best shape possible and show them what I've got and build upon this day coming up, for years to come.

tammyp
03-23-2011, 06:05 AM
thank you as well! im w jude here. chest and back. you seen to have added size and at your height you really need to to fill out your frame.

danieleslinger02
03-23-2011, 08:14 AM
thank you as well! im w jude here. chest and back. you seen to have added size and at your height you really need to to fill out your frame.

I know miss tammy. Work in progress. Bustin ass everyday.

holyintellect
03-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Thats a very inspirational story! Glad to hear you have fought back from a very serious and life changing event....

I hate to be Mr. Obvious here, but simply because of your height, you're going to have to be crazy thick to be able to compare favorably next to most SHWs....

I truly think its just going to have to be a situation where you simply add overall mass...specifically from the back you look weak in the offseason pics.

danieleslinger02
03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Thats a very inspirational story! Glad to hear you have fought back from a very serious and life changing event....

I hate to be Mr. Obvious here, but simply because of your height, you're going to have to be crazy thick to be able to compare favorably next to most SHWs....

I truly think its just going to have to be a situation where you simply add overall mass...specifically from the back you look weak in the offseason pics.
Holyintellect, No offense taken to the critiquing. As I train daily, My mass on my back has been goal since day 1, obvious that I broke my neck, so the heavy back excercises came later in development than the others. do you guys suggest I do another Level 5? Im already dieting, and already paid my coach, so Id hate to sit the season out. It was his Idea to Jr Nats, is this the right move, or what should I do? Im just seeking the best professional opinions and trying to make the best sense out of it, since obviously my situation is a lot different than most bodybuilders.

The Big Sexy
03-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Bro... amazing story. You have made some dramatic improvements to your physique. I have no doubt that any goal you set for yourself, you will be able to obtain. If you run into some plateaus along the way - feel free to ask some of the people here to help you out... maybe giving you something in terms of knowledge you might not know or might not have thought of.

Very inspirational .

danieleslinger02
03-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Bro... amazing story. You have made some dramatic improvements to your physique. I have no doubt that any goal you set for yourself, you will be able to obtain. If you run into some plateaus along the way - feel free to ask some of the people here to help you out... maybe giving you something in terms of knowledge you might not know or might not have thought of.

Very inspirational .

TBS, Thanks for the Insight, I appreciate insight from anyone in all forms. Both positive and negative. I guess the issue I have at hand is, and this is coming from the judges. 1- My Conditionining is whats undeniable. Show after show since I stepped on stage, they've raved about my conditioning. I was looked dead in the eye and told last show I had better condition than the overall winner. They also compliemtn me on my Quadsweep. 2- Its also undeniable, I need the thickness from the rear. Deke Warner, who is one of our judges at all our shows here in Fla, told me Toney
Freeman had the same issue at my age (30), and had to take like 5 years off from competing or something of the sorts. However I dont wanna go that route as bodybuilding keeps my crave for competition under control. And obvious enough, lifting keeps me sane through all the vivid memories that remain from Afghanistan and Iraq 3- I work with Steve Namat, and Steve, whom I trust with everything, seems to think that we can make enough improvements while dieting. As He has me hitting Upper Back Furious one day, and Lower back Furious the next. I see myself everyday, and of course I know Steve is just one set of eyes, granted eyes I trust, but I do appreciate all other observations and suggestions you guys have. I plan on being on the scene for a while, this is 2011, and I plan on tearing the stage up still in 2021.

holyintellect
03-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Im already dieting, and already paid my coach, so Id hate to sit the season out. It was his Idea to Jr Nats, is this the right move, or what should I do?

I think the Jrs Nats is the right show....look at it this way, whats the worst that could happen? I seriously doubt you'll embarass yourself, so thats not likely....If you dont place well, or compare well with the others, you basically already know why...so its essentially an opportunity to step in and see just where exactly your weak parts put you in comparison with a good lineup...Good Luck!

Keep us posted....

danieleslinger02
03-28-2011, 08:00 PM
I think the Jrs Nats is the right show....look at it this way, whats the worst that could happen? I seriously doubt you'll embarass yourself, so thats not likely....If you dont place well, or compare well with the others, you basically already know why...so its essentially an opportunity to step in and see just where exactly your weak parts put you in comparison with a good lineup...Good Luck!

Keep us posted....

Feeling a little more full and tight this week. This was after meal 4, and a kick ass arm session, with a 3 sets of abs added in.

tammyp
03-31-2011, 08:40 AM
do you have a prep coach?

danieleslinger02
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
do you have a prep coach?
Yes Maam, Steve Namat

Scoobysnacks
03-31-2011, 08:45 PM
If conditioning is your thing you will need to bring it to a new level for this show. Your onstage pics def look good, but Jr Nationals is another ball game check out Dusty Hanshaws conditioning at that show as a super.

You need more back width for sure and I agree more chest as well.

Watch your front relaxed in the newest pics I feel like you are kind of crunching down but not fully. Dont do that its making your obliques jut out which isnt a good thing when you still need more lats. I would take a deep breath and get as big as you can and kind of vaccum your abs in the front realxed, this should cut down on those obliques jutting outwards. The opposite of the look you want in that pose you want your waist to taper into your trunks not over them.

Id also spend more time on your other poses as well.

Overall, I dont feel this show is over your head, its a great learning experience and will force you to elevate your game. And like holyintellect said, whats the worse that can happen, you look your best ever but dont place, oh well.

Good Luck