PDA

View Full Version : Need help toning up

Dustyroy25
03-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey guys I just joined and have a few questions. What supplements would y'all recommend for me to tone up.

I am 6'1" and weigh in at 235lbs and my goal is to get down to 210 and add muscle at the same time. I'm not fat or anything but have love handles and somewhat of a gut is starting to form so I figured it is about time to hit the gym. So what would y'all recommend
All opinions welcome I dont know much about this stuff

Dustyroy25
03-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Also what are certain exercises that could help me lose belly fat and love handles??

Dustyroy25
03-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Really no one can give me ideas!!

ricker35910
03-24-2011, 06:42 PM
a strict diet and a good workout plan...

SwoleChamp
03-24-2011, 07:26 PM
gotta have the diet in order...then a solid workout plan...and u have to stick to it...

DieselXT
03-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Hey guys I just joined and have a few questions. What supplements would y'all recommend for me to tone up.

I am 6'1" and weigh in at 235lbs and my goal is to get down to 210 and add muscle at the same time. I'm not fat or anything but have love handles and somewhat of a gut is starting to form so I figured it is about time to hit the gym. So what would y'all recommend
All opinions welcome I dont know much about this stuff

you really cant add muscle while losing weight... its either one or the other.... hmmm use a good fatburner and maybe some creatine to maintain some muscle you may have and also to add strength and also use a good multi and some omega 3 caps.... as for diet try out daves keto im on it and really good and really if you do this diet you may not need to use a fat burner..... i hope this helps good luck brother

Dustyroy25
03-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks fellas but isn't there a way to turn the fat into muscle and is there any supplements to aid in doing so?

phrikshin
03-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks fellas but isn't there a way to turn the fat into muscle and is there any supplements to aid in doing so?

Nothing is going to turn fat into muscle, though that supplement would make a billion dollars if it existed.

Sticking to a diet and workout plan is going to get you the results you need. Bad news, I know, but sometimes we have to exercise willpower!

Some supplements I have taken in order to achieve results include creatine, alpha-lipoic acid, l-glutamine, and cissus quadrangularis. This is the "natural" (OTC) route. Please research these supplements quite thoroughly before trying them, and if they give you any discomfort, STOP.

Sieve
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Diet is most important.
Get your nutrion right.

miamibodybuilder
03-26-2011, 08:05 AM
well i've only been competing for about 5 years, but one thing i do know is that in order to get lean, it's all about diet and cardio my man. all of my prep coaches in the past have always told me the same thing, the weights dont get you lean, it's your diet and your cardio regimen that burn the fat off. as far as supplements you can take, obviously a good fat burner would help. i've used AAEFX's LEAN FIX in the past and it works very well, so i would recommend that product. but if you want to get lean, you gotta put in the time and effort to eat clean and do that cardio.

Dustyroy25
03-26-2011, 08:50 AM
I really appreciate yalls help fellas. Now I got to find a good diet to get on and keep doin my cardio

LIQUIDEX
03-26-2011, 09:33 AM
^^^^^^^^search for dave palumbo cutting diet for 200lb man, that does all the work for u, as for supplements, you could use a basic EC stack @ 200mg Caffeine, and 25mg Ephedrine x 3/day..........i would start off with 30min of cardio 5x/week, and increase gradually..........you might want to take creatine too, helps your muscles keep hydrated, and helps your intensity in the gym while dieting..........

Sieve
03-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I dont think thats good advice for a bigginer Liquidex

LIQUIDEX
03-26-2011, 10:31 AM
I dont think thats good advice for a bigginer Liquidex

come on man, creatine and EC stack, what's soo dangerous about that.......i'm not trying to pick a fight dude, just please elaborate

Sieve
03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
There is no substitute for a good diet.
Drugs are the answer mindset isnt good for a beginer.
What is he going to do if he starts using eca now when he drop 10lbs and has another 20lbs to drop and the scale will not move ? Increase dossages ? Not a good ideea.
Also I find the Dave diet not adequate for someone who one day eats chocolate for breakfest and the next is on a keto diet.
Slow and small changes in lifestyle are the answer .
I do not think Keto diets benefit most people, expecially beginers.
Also premade diets arent really good, he must learn what diffrent foods do and what diffrent foods contain and personally adapt that to his personal needs /taste.
Dont give a man a fish, teach him how to catch one.

LIQUIDEX
03-26-2011, 11:13 AM
^^^^^^^ok man, i see what you saying, i'll revise my advice just for you ;)

Basics for a Healthy life style

Diet/Exercise

calculate your bmr and TDEE, u can use various online calculator for that, try this one out BMR (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) , TDEE (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html)
learn to read food lables, calories, carbs, protein, fats
if you wish to loose wieght, after calculating youir TDEE, subtract 500cal from the total, and track you progress, you should be lossing anywhere from 1lb to 2lb depending on your activity
cut out all processed junk (i.e. ice cream, burgers, white bread, candies, high sugar cereals, white pasta, pizza etc...)
go for Whole foods (i.e. oatmeal, yams, red potatoes, Brown rice, Whole Wheat bread, Whole grain cereals, lean cuts of chicken, meat, Vegetables/fruits)
gradually start spreading out meals, start by 4 meals a day spread out evenly.
pick up an activity, either it be weight lifting, sports, running.........just get moving
sleep should be routine, preferably same bedtime every night, 8hrs.
you can have the occasional splurge/indulgence, no binging though, and keep it to a minimum, on special occasions, or dinning out meal on the weekend.
try to keep alcohol consumption to a minimum, 1-3drinks/wk, if you can cut it out all together it would be best.
the most important thing, consistency and patience, that's how you will achieve your goals, and try to learn about nutrition/exercise on your spare time..........

Dadup
03-26-2011, 12:27 PM
^^^^^^^ok man, i see what you saying, i'll revise my advice just for you ;)

Basics for a Healthy life style

Diet/Exercise

calculate your bmr and TDEE, u can use various online calculator for that, try this one out BMR (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) , TDEE (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html)
learn to read food lables, calories, carbs, protein, fats
if you wish to loose wieght, after calculating youir TDEE, subtract 500cal from the total, and track you progress, you should be lossing anywhere from 1lb to 2lb depending on your activity
cut out all processed junk (i.e. ice cream, burgers, white bread, candies, high sugar cereals, white pasta, pizza etc...)
go for Whole foods (i.e. oatmeal, yams, red potatoes, Brown rice, Whole Wheat bread, Whole grain cereals, lean cuts of chicken, meat, Vegetables/fruits)
gradually start spreading out meals, start by 4 meals a day spread out evenly.
pick up an activity, either it be weight lifting, sports, running.........just get moving
sleep should be routine, preferably same bedtime every night, 8hrs.
you can have the occasional splurge/indulgence, no binging though, and keep it to a minimum, on special occasions, or dinning out meal on the weekend.
try to keep alcohol consumption to a minimum, 1-3drinks/wk, if you can cut it out all together it would be best.
the most important thing, consistency and patience, that's how you will achieve your goals, and try to learn about nutrition/exercise on your spare time..........

great tips for a beginner, also maybe add in some BCAAs pre and post training to aide in recovery, they are far more anabolic than just a whey protein powder, and are actually metabolized in the muscle rather than in the liver! good luck!

Dustyroy25
03-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow that's alot to take in but hey im learning and that's why I joined this forum because I figured you guys could help from yalls experience. By the way I'm not really sure what BCAA is can you explain a little more please.

LIQUIDEX
03-26-2011, 06:59 PM
^^^^^^^^^i wouldn't worry about BCAA's(Branch Chained Amino Acids) for now, but if your really interested, just google it...........

BC123Jm
03-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Wow that's alot to take in but hey im learning and that's why I joined this forum because I figured you guys could help from yalls experience. By the way I'm not really sure what BCAA is can you explain a little more please.

honestly dude, you need to learn the basics. I'm guessing you probably dont even know the difference between cabs and protein or how to put together a basic weight training program and do the exercises properly. i'm not trying to be negative but asking questions back and forth when you dont know the basics is just going to confuse you. what i would do is read up on the basics and then come back and ask questions about what you read but dont understand. i dont know what books to point you to but i'm sure some here can paste a link to some good reading material for the basics.

Liquidex is good at researching that sort of stuff. maybe he cant point you towards some good books.

once you have the basics, then this will all make more sense. it can be overwhelming at first and seems like a lot for a beginner to learn, but its pretty simple once you have the basics down.

Dustyroy25
03-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Ok thanks, and no I really have no idea what the hell I'm doin that's why I'm asking questions on here and there is so much B.S. on the net I dont know what to believe or what not to believe. I hope it gets easier to understand because I had no idea It would be this much involved. But thanks for the info

Dadup
03-26-2011, 07:47 PM
BCAAs are branched chain amino acids, but Liquidex is probably right, focus more on the basics for now, no problem man, that's what we're all here for, we all had your questions at some point, soak it all up!

BC123Jm
03-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Ok thanks, and no I really have no idea what the hell I'm doin that's why I'm asking questions on here and there is so much B.S. on the net I dont know what to believe or what not to believe. I hope it gets easier to understand because I had no idea It would be this much involved. But thanks for the info

it gets eaiser. keep checking this thread i'm sure someone will put up a good link for the basics on working out and designing a good meal plan.
one step at a time. its kind of like learning a new language. definitely dont believe the crap you read in fitness magazines.