03-30-2011, 01:29 AM
YQi8xUZ0V90

kentuckyslim
03-30-2011, 02:01 AM
...poor thing still can't squat 405. Hence the name. :yep:

strugglestosquat405
03-30-2011, 02:06 AM
...poor thing still can't squat 405. Hence the name. :yep:
actually I have done 542 without knee wrpas, thanks for trying to ride tho.

kentuckyslim
03-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Shhhhhh.

LIQUIDEX
03-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Shhhhhh.

I second that...............u have 16posts, meaning u just signed up, so you do struggle to squat 405.

strugglestosquat405
03-30-2011, 02:16 AM
I second that...............u have 16posts, meaning u just signed up, so you do struggle to squat 405.
hahahah funny ass pic, big respect for the post..hit u on the rechardge bro bro

Fah-Q
03-30-2011, 03:29 AM
Is this really you as a child? Didn't you used to say that deadlifting 800 cans of babyfood at a time was nothing?

http://chismetime.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/fat_babythumbnail.jpg

kentuckyslim
03-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Those tits belong in 18+

5 Grams year round baby
03-30-2011, 03:41 PM
I doubt this is the real chris...
Regardless an 800lb deadlift is unreal for an 18 year old, this fuckin kid is less then 200 lbs away from the record raw deadlift... wtf what are you taking man, no hate just really wanna fuckin know!!!?

MiamiMadePunk
03-30-2011, 03:59 PM
YQi8xUZ0V90
fake weights at it's best

Ryan Bracewell
03-30-2011, 04:27 PM

Its real weights. The kid has been a good deadlifter for a while

TLG
03-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Who cares either way. If he wants to stop the madness, he should just simply get into a deadlift only, have it passed, and then everyone on both sides can stop the crap.

Sieve
03-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Good job.
I dont know why everyone is against him?

strugglestosquat405
03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Regardless an 800lb deadlift is unreal for an 18 year old, this fuckin kid is less then 200 lbs away from the record raw deadlift... wtf what are you taking man, no hate just really wanna fuckin know!!!?
PM me...nothing ground breaking.

ummm, ok. To be completely honest with you I have never seen fake plates in my life.

Its real weights. The kid has been a good deadlifter for a while
Thanks Ryan, I saw your comments on marundes muscle, appreciate it.

Who cares either way. If he wants to stop the madness, he should just simply get into a deadlift only, have it passed, and then everyone on both sides can stop the crap.
I got a full meet, in around 17 days, My planned deadlift attempts are 700-804-820

Good job.
I dont know why everyone is against him?
I look weak lol, prolly why.

MightyMetcalf
03-30-2011, 06:06 PM
I look weak lol, prolly why.

You can say that again. Damn thats a lot of I mean f--k load of strength in a skinny body, no hate.

Fah-Q
03-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Wondering the same thing.. isn't it true tall people/ long limbs = great for deadlifts?

Ryan Bracewell
03-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Wondering the same thing.. isn't it true tall people/ long limbs = great for deadlifts?

Long arms.

symphonyofdreams
04-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Wow mind blowing strength! my mind is boggled and I'm very inspired . What kinda of cycles do guys take with this kinda strength to size ratio? obviously great training routine/ genes and what not, but not likely a 18 year old is pulling that clean unless maybe they were 300 pounds. Not many guys of any age or weight pulling that

crashcrew56
04-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Awesome deadlift!
I noticed the Frantz shirt, you train with the Frantz team?

joe d
04-04-2011, 06:59 AM
amazing dl

just curious. what are your comp plans? have you been competing yet?

strugglestosquat405
04-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Wow mind blowing strength! my mind is boggled and I'm very inspired . What kinda of cycles do guys take with this kinda strength to size ratio? obviously great training routine/ genes and what not, but not likely a 18 year old is pulling that clean unless maybe they were 300 pounds. Not many guys of any age or weight pulling that
I tried IGF-1 nasal spray once, the gains were fkin awesome, but the sides were too much.

Awesome deadlift!
I noticed the Frantz shirt, you train with the Frantz team?
Yep most of the time, sometimes when I am training with reps and such and I don't go there tho, I just train at a local commercial gym.

amazing dl

just curious. what are your comp plans? have you been competing yet?
Competition in two weeks!

here is a video update of the last heavy lower body training session before the meet in 13 days: oqTHth6BtaY

crashcrew56
04-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Cool, how do you like their new place?
What meet are you competing in?
You should come check out Jakked Hardcore sometime, we're always looking for more lifters.

5 Grams year round baby
04-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I tried IGF-1 nasal spray once, the gains were fkin awesome, but the sides were too much.

Yep most of the time, sometimes when I am training with reps and such and I don't go there tho, I just train at a local commercial gym.

Competition in two weeks!

here is a video update of the last heavy lower body training session before the meet in 13 days: oqTHth6BtaY

Godd damn bro, you sir are a beast!! Good luck at your meet.

crashcrew56
04-04-2011, 03:38 PM
If you're lifting at the UPA Nationals, then let me give you a heads up, I'll be judging and make sure you are squatting deep. That's one of Bill Carpenters big things, he doesn't like to see high squats get passed in meets

strugglestosquat405
04-04-2011, 04:05 PM
If you're lifting at the UPA Nationals, then let me give you a heads up, I'll be judging and make sure you are squatting deep. That's one of Bill Carpenters big things, he doesn't like to see high squats get passed in meets
Your saying my 607 wasn't deep enough?

strugglestosquat405
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Cool, how do you like their new place?
What meet are you competing in?
You should come check out Jakked Hardcore sometime, we're always looking for more lifters.
I've been to jakked a few times in last 5 years.

crashcrew56
04-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Your saying my 607 wasn't deep enough?

I didn't really pay attention to the depth, and it's hard to judge depth from the front, I was just giving you a little heads up

Ryan Bracewell
04-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Are the squats in that video just belt & wraps, or do you have briefs/suit under your clothes(not sure why you would though)?

strugglestosquat405
04-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Are the squats in that video just belt & wraps, or do you have briefs/suit under your clothes(not sure why you would though)?
Naw just belt and wraps, the meet I am training for has a "raw" category and allows belt and wraps and wrist wraps I think.

How did you do at the deadlift contest with Benni, I saw you went on bb.com?

strugglestosquat405
04-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I didn't really pay attention to the depth, and it's hard to judge depth from the front, I was just giving you a little heads up
O ok...I mean the people I'm there trianing with were telling me to go up, so I thought I was deep enough, haha, sensitive topic I guess made me a little defensive. :dunno:

crashcrew56
04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm familiar with some of the guys that train at Frantz, they generally squat a little high

strugglestosquat405
04-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm familiar with some of the guys that train at Frantz, they generally squat a little high
Eric Lilliebridge called my depth...he squats high?

Ryan Bracewell
04-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Naw just belt and wraps, the meet I am training for has a "raw" category and allows belt and wraps and wrist wraps I think.

How did you do at the deadlift contest with Benni, I saw you went on bb.com?

Very impressive squats. One of these days I need to learn how to wrap my knees.

Went well. Hit both of my goals 425 bench and 800 DL. 800 went up pretty easy, but 825 stalled out. Have not seen the video so I'm not sure if my form was off or I just blew my load on the 800.

crashcrew56
04-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Eric Lilliebridge called my depth...he squats high?

None of the Lilliebridges squat high, all great lifters. I was refering to some of the Frantz equipped guys, I've lifted with some of them in the past.

strugglestosquat405
04-05-2011, 12:35 AM
None of the Lilliebridges squat high, all great lifters. I was refering to some of the Frantz equipped guys, I've lifted with some of them in the past.
O, Me and the Lilliebridges and few other come into train on saturday a couple hours after the equipped guys. Just to avoid overcrowding and such. Since at the new gym there is about 10-20 suited lifter and around 7-10 raw.

symphonyofdreams
04-05-2011, 12:57 AM
wow if your really natural that's extremely impressive. if not that's still amazing. what age did you start dead lifting and squatting? How many days a week are you dead lifting and squatting? and about how many sets per work out?

symphonyofdreams
04-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Also, i'm curious about your stance, have you experimented with different widths? You and this other guy that i'm really impressed with have a really narrow stance. I used to go wider then i do now and my form seemed to improve going more narrow. I'm thinking about going even more narrow like you and the other guy. Seems you get alot better hamstring and glute activation that way?

kindom-muscle
04-05-2011, 04:59 AM
thats incredible bro,how do you grip 800 without straps,amazing dude,fuk the haters here,jealous man

symphonyofdreams
04-05-2011, 05:11 AM
thats incredible bro,how do you grip 800 without straps,amazing dude,fuk the haters here,jealous man

He's using hook grip not just standard double over and yeah his grip is great. I've seen a guy do over 900 with a hook grip so hook grip has alot of potentinal.

chris: do you have to have huge hands to have a good hook grip? also does it hurt your thumb? or do you get used to it?

strugglestosquat405
04-05-2011, 01:01 PM
wow if your really natural that's extremely impressive. if not that's still amazing. what age did you start dead lifting and squatting? How many days a week are you dead lifting and squatting? and about how many sets per work out?
about 14, and it's always different, during the week week I been doing high rep squats, here is 365 set from last tuesday: 2YAYKg9g78o

Also, i'm curious about your stance, have you experimented with different widths? You and this other guy that i'm really impressed with have a really narrow stance. I used to go wider then i do now and my form seemed to improve going more narrow. I'm thinking about going even more narrow like you and the other guy. Seems you get alot better hamstring and glute activation that way?
well I do wide sometimes to hit different muscles differently, but I find its hard to get down all the way wide stance.

hah thanks

He's using hook grip not just standard double over and yeah his grip is great. I've seen a guy do over 900 with a hook grip so hook grip has alot of potentinal.

chris: do you have to have huge hands to have a good hook grip? also does it hurt your thumb? or do you get used to it?
medium maybe big hands, I can palm a bball tho

smj091977
04-06-2011, 10:14 AM
They make these little things, called weight clips, so the weight doesn't move as much lol Nice job. Have you ever attempted bodyweight squats for 50?

symphonyofdreams
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM
couple more questions:

Whats your diet all about?

Whats your goal weight? Looks like your frame can easily handle a lean 250 plus

strugglestosquat405
04-07-2011, 12:39 AM
couple more questions:

Whats your diet all about?

Whats your goal weight? Looks like your frame can easily handle a lean 250 plus

Diet latley has been high protein High carbs.....Like 500+ carbs, 450+ protein.

Um I am NOT lean at all right now. I wanna be 220ish after the meet. That's my goal weight. Well see, I think I'll have to be at least 250 lean to pull 1000.

Thanks for checking my vids out dude.

LIQUIDEX
04-07-2011, 12:41 AM

Um I am NOT lean at all right now. I wanna be 220ish after the meet. That's my goal weight. Well see, I think I'll have to be at least 250 lean to pull 1000.

your one lucky bastard, i can't eat that much carbs, i would turn into Pillsbury Doug boy in no time............

fuck my genetics.

symphonyofdreams
04-07-2011, 12:45 AM

at the pace your progression your going to hit 1,000 for sure baring some big injury. you think you can hit it by your 21 b-day?

strugglestosquat405
04-07-2011, 01:03 AM
your one lucky bastard, i can't eat that much carbs, i would turn into Pillsbury Doug boy in no time............

fuck my genetics.
hahah you have no idea, I walk around people ask me if I have grapes in my cheeks from all those damn carbs making me gain water weight lol

at the pace your progression your going to hit 1,000 for sure baring some big injury. you think you can hit it by your 21 b-day?
Not sure man. Just depends on how much my back and leg muscles are willing to grow, My lifts shoot up from muscle gain, but It doesn't come easy, like for some of my friends who look at the bar and got 18" guns hahah

symphonyofdreams
04-07-2011, 01:07 AM
hahah you have no idea, I walk around people ask me if I have grapes in my cheeks from all those damn carbs making me gain water weight lol

Not sure man. Just depends on how much my back and leg muscles are willing to grow, My lifts shoot up from muscle gain, but It doesn't come easy, like for some of my friends who look at the bar and got 18" guns hahah

Yeah but how many of those guy's with 18's are deadlifting 800 and squating close to 600? most likely not many. Jonny jackson is like the strongest bodybuilder and competes in powerlifting and your dead is about the same as his and he's monstrous. You must have some crazy fast twitch muscle fibers and a crazy nervous system. I guess your a black man that is white haha.

5 Grams year round baby
04-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah but how many of those guy's with 18's are deadlifting 800 and squating close to 600? most likely not many. Jonny jackson is like the strongest bodybuilder and competes in powerlifting and your dead is about the same as his and he's monstrous. You must have some crazy fast twitch muscle fibers and a crazy nervous system. I guess your a black man that is white haha.

Ok we get it man you love him, relax lol... :no:

strugglestosquat405
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
hmmm I wonder, how does one get this tested?

Ok we get it man you love him, relax lol... :no:
5 grams of what bro? lol

5 Grams year round baby
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
5 grams of what bro? lol

Creatin brahhh, what elsee??? :yep:

strugglestosquat405
04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Creatin brahhh, what elsee??? :yep:
O nice....I was thinking DAA. ;)

symphonyofdreams
04-07-2011, 04:01 PM
hmmm I wonder, how does one get this tested?

5 grams of what bro? lol

Not sure if someone could have it tested, but it is 100 percent genetic. you can make the fibers you have bigger and stronger, but the ratio of fast twitch to slow twitch aren't going to change. Reason why some people are good at certain activities while another person could be better at something different

Power Princess Jess
04-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Sick deadlift! His arms are crazzzy long...that helps!

HammerStrength12
04-07-2011, 05:41 PM
O nice....I was thinking DAA. ;)

Hey, DAA's some good shit lol

symphonyofdreams
04-08-2011, 05:35 AM
How long did it take you to get used to hook grip? once you get used to it does it still hurt alot? do you use hook grip because of the biceps injury possibly of over under?

Deltasaurus
04-10-2011, 11:27 PM
fucking insane kid blows my mind too stronger than the top BBers at deadlift and only 18 shit is insane!!!
someone help him with his bench cause with those gorilla arms thats going to be his only lower lift.
man ur going to total 2000 in no time at all

strugglestosquat405
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
How long did it take you to get used to hook grip? once you get used to it does it still hurt alot? do you use hook grip because of the biceps injury possibly of over under?
I am not sure, at first I think it hurt more, but I could always bare the pain :-)...yeah its just smarter to use a hook grip when you are able to.

fucking insane kid blows my mind too stronger than the top BBers at deadlift and only 18 shit is insane!!!
someone help him with his bench cause with those gorilla arms thats going to be his only lower lift.
man ur going to total 2000 in no time at all
I like overhead pressing more anyway lol. gorilla arms? lets not get carried away, I have about a 6'5" wingspan or so.

symphonyofdreams
04-12-2011, 01:25 AM
I am not sure, at first I think it hurt more, but I could always bare the pain :-)...yeah its just smarter to use a hook grip when you are able to.

I like overhead pressing more anyway lol. gorilla arms? lets not get carried away, I have about a 6'5" wingspan or so.

77 inch wing span? that's very long. aren't you close to 6'3''? So i guess that's not freakshow long but still good reach

Deltasaurus
04-12-2011, 02:56 AM
long reach for pushing on a bunch of weight on bench too

strugglestosquat405
04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
77 inch wing span? that's very long. aren't you close to 6'3''? So i guess that's not freakshow long but still good reach
6'3.25" so my reach is like 1.75" longer then it should be to be autmonaomically correct.

If you ever measured yours post up lets see?:yep: lol

Jason Bever
04-20-2011, 03:31 PM
I remember Chris competing in the 2008 NAS Teenage Nationals. I believe he was 4th as a 16 year old while many competitors were pushing their 20th birthday. Nice job with the pulling and let me know when you'll be back on the southside! We can get a training session in with you warming up with my max! Keep up the good work!

strugglestosquat405
04-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I remember Chris competing in the 2008 NAS Teenage Nationals. I believe he was 4th as a 16 year old while many competitors were pushing their 20th birthday. Nice job with the pulling and let me know when you'll be back on the southside! We can get a training session in with you warming up with my max! Keep up the good work!
Hey Bever, good to hear from you. The contests you put on were so fun! Thanks for the reminder of the teen nats performance, I think it was my last contest, can't wait to enter a pro am sometime soon. Of course I will come if I am ever on the southside, my grandmas right near there remember? I visted her like 6 moths ago, and went to some gym near by called cardinal fintness LOL! it was ok, at least I got in free.

Jason Bever
04-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Chris- Thanks for the compliments about the contests. I'm glad you had a good time! Keep me posted on when you're competing, either in strongman or powerlifting. I'd like to check it out if my schedule allows.

Your grandma and I live in the same neighborhood. Let me know when you're in next and we'll get some training in. We'll go to Lance's or World of Fitness and bypass Cardinal. Nice people at Cardinal, but not our style of gym. I had a friend get chewed out for bringing chalk in there!

Take care and best of luck!

strugglestosquat405
04-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Chris- Thanks for the compliments about the contests. I'm glad you had a good time! Keep me posted on when you're competing, either in strongman or powerlifting. I'd like to check it out if my schedule allows.

Your grandma and I live in the same neighborhood. Let me know when you're in next and we'll get some training in. We'll go to Lance's or World of Fitness and bypass Cardinal. Nice people at Cardinal, but not our style of gym. I had a friend get chewed out for bringing chalk in there!

Take care and best of luck!
Okay next time I'll be near you will be sunday, but I am not sure if its the best day for training lol. Yeah cardinal was ok all I did was some OHP and watch all the weird trainers lol.

Jason Bever
04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Sunday won't work since we are hosting Easter. Keep me posted on when you are coming back south and we will get some training in!

Armored Underdog
04-23-2011, 08:24 PM
do you have trouble benching?

symphonyofdreams
04-23-2011, 09:02 PM
do you have trouble benching?

of course someone with arms that long isn't going to have a great bench but his bench is still decent and really good overhead press.

strugglestosquat405
04-24-2011, 12:19 AM
My bench weakness, is more from doing elbows flared for yearrs, and tearing my pec recently more then anything.

and for those of you who enjoy my video here is two more lol
BCwmcCD0WEg

xnUuN4rbUMs

symphonyofdreams
04-24-2011, 09:16 PM
wow your leaning up quick if that's recent

strugglestosquat405
04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
wow your leaning up quick if that's recent
Yes, and thanks. heres a pic
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3298771&stc=1&d=1303828028

symphonyofdreams
04-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Nice looking good. how many times a week have you been deadlifting? do you always squat on deadlift day?

strugglestosquat405
04-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Nice looking good. how many times a week have you been deadlifting? do you always squat on deadlift day?
I beleve deadlift once every two weeks with rdl work in between is prolly the best approach. squatting well, I can squat up to 4x aweek lol. Just light sometimes obviously. Latley I have been deadlift more often but I feel I have been healing, and again, you prolly can deadlift once a week if every week is not all out, like if you are not strugggling too bad, I could see someone being able to do three weeks in a row, and forth off or very light, and make good gains that way. While I am posting might as well include my last video (lol) clTIiejXb3o

symphonyofdreams
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Nice, that's alot of times a week to squat lol why do you think it's fine to squat 4 times a week but not even dead once a week? how many days a week do you do RDL's?