PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Europa Mens Physique

Bencher
03-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Just found out that the Dallas version of the Europa Super Show will be having a Mens Physique division this year. I have a trainee that we will be entering into this. So far, how do yall think the judging has gone? As in size, muscularity, leanness, proportions....
Are they looking for Abercrombie & Fitch models or more Mens Fitness cover model? All chest n abs, or do they also want wide shoulders, good size arms and back?? So damn confusing as what to work towards. Figure we will just keep going the way we are and look for bout 6-8%bf and nice proportioned upper and good calfs.

broc-man
04-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Did My First Men's Physique Show, The 2011 Jax Physique... Open class 3rd, Masters Over 35 1st.......Remember this Division is New to the Judges also, so bring your guy in Great Conditioned and he will do well, I think the Mens Fitness Look is more of what to look for in this class, if you want to look Huge then do the bodybuilding, this class is not looking for size, its looking for an overall Conditioned Physique....................Ho Ya I'am in my 50's...................................BROC

NutriFitBobby
04-05-2011, 02:17 AM
I did the GNC Muscle Contest and placed 4th due to the fact that I didn't pull my water for pre judging. I pulled it for finals but no judging was done at night. I asked the head judge and several others for feedback and was told that they didn't know what I did between the morning and night but if I would of did that for pre judging I would of left the overall winner. This was by far the most competitive show to date. All the supplement companies made their athletes compete and these guys were peeled. From what I could tell they wanted is obviously a decent face, good abs and chest and stage presence. Here's a video interview and workout shot of me the day after to give you an idea what they may be looking for.

http://www.jamcoretraining.com/content/who-bobby-ashhurst

I was 5'10" 173 lbs for this show. I probably weighed 175 lbs for this video.

broc-man
04-05-2011, 06:26 AM
You Looked Great Bobby, don't waste anytime, Go get that Pro Card, its knocking at your
door...............Good Luck........................BROC

LIQUIDEX
04-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Another MPD Thread.............Total of 4 <<<<<<<<< That i know of!

BC123Jm
04-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Did My First Men's Physique Show, The 2011 Jax Physique... Open class 3rd, Masters Over 35 1st.......Remember this Division is New to the Judges also, so bring your guy in Great Conditioned and he will do well, I think the Mens Fitness Look is more of what to look for in this class, if you want to look Huge then do the bodybuilding, this class is not looking for size, its looking for an overall Conditioned Physique....................Ho Ya I'am in my 50's...................................BROC

can you post up a pic?
i'm thinking of doing MPD 35+, not sure if i'm too big.

NutriFitBobby
04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
You Looked Great Bobby, don't waste anytime, Go get that Pro Card, its knocking at your
door...............Good Luck........................BROC
Thanks Broc, I gotta make sure the judges know who I am and get my stage presence down to a T before I step on stage at a national show. Gonna spend each day getting a little bit better.

NutriFitBobby
04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
can you post up a pic?
i'm thinking of doing MPD 35+, not sure if i'm too big.
Post of pic of what you look like bro. I've talked to a lot of people and judges about the division so I feel I have a good idea what they consider too big. But then again it depends on who you are competing against. If the majority of the guys are closer to looking like a natural bodybuilder they will lean that way for that particular show and vice versa.

BC123Jm
04-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Post of pic of what you look like bro. I've talked to a lot of people and judges about the division so I feel I have a good idea what they consider too big. But then again it depends on who you are competing against. If the majority of the guys are closer to looking like a natural bodybuilder they will lean that way for that particular show and vice versa.

I'm not gonna bore everyone with my pics again cause i've posted tons of pics of me all over the place. check out this thread on MPD and you can see my pics Warning all male BB - RX Muscle Forums

if you really do have an expert opinion i would much appreciate it. some say i'm to big for MPD some say i could diet down.I'm seriously considering it maybe after the summer.

so let me know what you think.

NutriFitBobby
04-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm not gonna bore everyone with my pics again cause i've posted tons of pics of me all over the place. check out this thread on MPD and you can see my pics Warning all male BB - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=52034)

if you really do have an expert opinion i would much appreciate it. some say i'm to big for MPD some say i could diet down.I'm seriously considering it maybe after the summer.

so let me know what you think.
I just checked out your pics and I think they would tell you to take off some muscle to be honest. I was backstage with a lot of the guys built like yourself and they were consistent and telling them all the same thing. Then again it depends on who you are on stage against. If everyone is a little more muscular then you're probably good to go but if they come in smaller then you're screwed. It's a tough thing for all of us to hear after spending so many years putting on muscle to now be told that we need to take some off but if MPD is where we want to compete then we need to come a little closer to looking like a fitness model and less like a bodybuilder. You're pretty thick bro! Why not do bodybuilding?