PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'm giving up bodybuilding...

Youngguns
04-04-2011, 10:43 PM
for something much cooler.

1fouvwilGWc&

LIQUIDEX
04-04-2011, 10:52 PM
as corny as it is, their skillz are impressive

Fricano
04-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Do you think people pay to run around that place? I imagine its a place of business. Kind of funny if a bunch of adults were running around jumping off shit like they were in some play pen. Pretty sick vid though.

PJ BRAUN
04-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Impressive. I wonder what kind of wear and tear they suffer on knees and ankles?

swingslammer
04-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Bodybuilders get up onstage and compete....you were just a guy who worked out. You do look good, I will giv you that....but not a bodybuilder.

If I go out for a jog....that don't make me a marathoner!

Youngguns
04-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Bodybuilders get up onstage and compete....you were just a guy who worked out. You do look good, I will giv you that....but not a bodybuilder.

If I go out for a jog....that don't make me a marathoner!

Correct, I'm a body sculptor. I've had this discussion before and I came out correct. If someone body builds and competes then they're a "competitive bodybuilder", if you body build and don't compete you're just a bodybuilder.

sassy69
04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Any particular reason you posted this in the Girl Talk forum? Possibly concern of doing free running during your period and dealing w/ cramps & bloating or something?

The Big Sexy
04-05-2011, 01:47 PM
This is actually cool as hell. If I attempted any of that it would be a blown out knee and a broken neck probably 90% positive at least one of those would happen... if not, a torn ab, twisted this or shattered that.

It just looks so free and fun. Damnit bodybuilding is boring as hell.

Youngguns
04-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Any particular reason you posted this in the Girl Talk forum? Possibly concern of doing free running during your period and dealing w/ cramps & bloating or something?
I'm a mod favourite so they put it here.

This is actually cool as hell. If I attempted any of that it would be a blown out knee and a broken neck probably 90% positive at least one of those would happen... if not, a torn ab, twisted this or shattered that.

It just looks so free and fun. Damnit bodybuilding is boring as hell.

I agree, bodybuilding is dang boring. It's awesome in the sense that we look amazing and larger than life coupled with having a strong mind to push through insane workouts... but it's not "fun". I think it's time I move away from "getting as big and lean as possible" and becoming the best athlete while still keeping size. We all change and my dream of becoming a pro bodybuilder faded long ago, I believe it takes too much life that you're missing out on. Longevity and day to day fulfillment is what I'm gunning for.

swingslammer
04-05-2011, 02:38 PM
^^^^^ Good for you, I have always said the dreams you had in your youth don't have to rule your adulthood ^^^^

LIQUIDEX
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
FYI..................professional athletes do not have long life spans. That is a FACT.

Non-Competitive Bodybuilding only helps in the anti aging process, it will allow U to grow old without having someone else constantly looking after u and wiping ur ass.

Powerlifting/Strongman is done out of passion, and possible insanity, there's no competent Powerlifter/strongman who has not FUCKED UP his body when in reality it was not necessary to begin with.

*Conclusion* Moderate bodybuilding +Light activity (i.e. recreational sport 2X/wk) + Nutrition = Long Healthy Life <<<<< When all things are equal, genetic variables, and lifestyle/Environmental constraints may vary results.

sassy69
04-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm a mod favourite so they put it here.

I see. You go girl!

Youngguns
04-05-2011, 03:32 PM
FYI..................professional athletes do not have long life spans. That is a FACT.

Non-Competitive Bodybuilding only helps in the anti aging process, it will allow U to grow old without having someone else constantly looking after u and wiping ur ass.

Powerlifting/Strongman is done out of passion, and possible insanity, there's no competent Powerlifter/strongman who has not FUCKED UP his body when in reality it was not necessary to begin with.

*Conclusion* Moderate bodybuilding +Light activity (i.e. recreational sport 2X/wk) + Nutrition = Long Healthy Life <<<<< When all things are equal, genetic variables, and lifestyle/Environmental constraints may vary results.
Couldn't agree more with your conclusion.

kentuckyslim
04-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I see. You go girl!

Oh Sassy. I almost bust a tit laughing at this. :yep:

tight booty
04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
^^^^^^ So did I. Sassy, you are harlarious. :p

Cdimeo
04-06-2011, 08:39 AM

:headbang: well said! I would like to add, though, that many bodybuilders are equally as passionate about the sport as any other athlete--and have equal potential for injury and insanity :)

GetLean
04-06-2011, 08:55 AM
I like how the camera guy gets kicked

swingslammer
04-06-2011, 02:37 PM
OK, I finally actually watched to vid.... I just don't see any practical purpose for that?

I have been asked many many times to move or carry heavy stuff.......people see me and say "Hey come over here and help me with this".

No one is ever just going to look at you and say "Wow you are in to freerunning" or "You must run marathons".
They do however say all the time "You must be a bodybuilder".....they don't even say "Workout" , they say Bodybuilder because it is obvious I have taken it further than just working out.

The Big Sexy
04-06-2011, 02:42 PM
OK, I finally actually watched to vid.... I just don't see any practical purpose for that?

I have been asked many many times to move or carry heavy stuff.......people see me and say "Hey come over here and help me with this".

No one is ever just going to look at you and say "Wow you are in to freerunning" or "You must run marathons".
They do however say all the time "You must be a bodybuilder".....they don't even say "Workout" , they say Bodybuilder because it is obvious I have taken it further than just working out.

There isn't a practical purpose for surfing, biking, playing pool, volleyball... etc.

It's exercise, it looks fun as hell... and can you imagine the applications you could have just out in public or showing off for friends? Or running away from cops? lol

kentuckyslim
04-06-2011, 03:21 PM
You could win ninja warrior...that would be cool.

The Big Sexy
04-06-2011, 03:28 PM
You could win ninja warrior...that would be cool.

They couldn't win bikini... too much work involved in Free Running... they'd have to work less... just roll out of bed. ;)

kentuckyslim
04-06-2011, 03:59 PM
LOL I know, it's hard enough rolling out of bed looking this damn fine every day. That just looks all kinds of exhausting.

GeminiJedi
04-06-2011, 10:40 PM
there isn't a practical purpose for surfing, biking, playing pool, volleyball... Etc.

It's exercise, it looks fun as hell... And can you imagine the applications you could have just out in public or showing off for friends? or running away from cops? lol

^^this

FATPANDA
04-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Lol freerunning im to fat for that i jump of a curb and hurt myself lol...muchless jumping of sumtin 5 feet hell no i would be in a world of trouble....!!!!!!

JohnnyStyles
04-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Looks really cool.....these guys can make great stuntmen ....!!!

Tu Holmes
05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Why is this in "girl talk"?

daft205
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Hilarious post! Literally lol'ed!

BigJD69
05-04-2011, 08:32 PM
I wish he would give up posting on this site!!!

Medium Extreme
05-18-2011, 09:16 AM
It looks like a bunch of attention whores on meth. Fuck em.

BC123Jm
05-18-2011, 11:53 AM
since when were you ever a BodyBuilder?

Youngguns
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
^^ Since I started to lift weights and grow.

BC123Jm
05-18-2011, 08:08 PM
^^ Since I started to lift weights and grow.

Just because i eat taco's, it doesn't make me a mexican.

THE WIFE
05-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Impressive. I wonder what kind of wear and tear they suffer on knees and ankles?

Ya, I was thinking the same thing... looks like it would be rough on the joints

"Rodz"
05-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Just because i eat taco's, it doesn't make me a mexican.

Mexican^^^^^