PDA

View Full Version : How to combine power lifting/strongman/hockey?

erikapulley
04-09-2011, 02:28 AM
I got into power lifting a weeks back, and doing so allowed me to learn about strongman training as well. I was wondering how to achieve all three without damaging any success/gains from each sport?

Training for hockey does include plyometrics and agility drills. Currently I bench, dead lift, squat, and overhead press every MON/WED/FRI, and this setup has worked well so far.

robert da strongman
04-09-2011, 11:22 AM
maybe some more specifics...what are the weights you are using, how much hockey practice, how long have you been at this?

FATPANDA
04-09-2011, 11:26 AM
I played hockey for a little while i still skate but dont play hockey as much your right does take alot of agility but when it comes to hockey excercising and lifting weights in itself is gonna help you with hockey for th fact that will help you with you quick turns your stabability and tons other. Sqauts are key when it comes to hockey because you are using your legs so much in hockey that it willl help your speed and power on the ice. Also yoga is great just for stretching out for hockey so your more flexible when making sharp turns and long strides on your skates... hope this helps:)