PDA

View Full Version : Ink, Keyboards and Publishing

HeavyDutyGuy
04-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I am interviewing bodybuilding great Boyer Coe for my next interview. Does anyone have any questions for this great champion?

mrky03
04-10-2011, 08:35 PM
This will be a great read! Definitely one of my all time favorites. I'm sure you'll cover all the topic's!

Rick Prince
04-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I am interviewing bodybuilding great Boyer Coe for my next interview. Does anyone have any questions for this great champion?
That's great news.
In a previous interview, Coe said he had developed a new line of gym equipment. Please ask him for an update on the development and the status of selling the designs to equipment manufacturers.

I recall seeing bodybuilding mags for the first time in my early twenties. Boyer Coe's split biceps just amazed me.

Dadup
04-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I think it would be pretty cool to ask him what his experiences were like when Mike Mentzer was training him! It'll be pretty interesting to see this interview!

Rtotem
04-10-2011, 11:53 PM
'Legend' has it that he benched 420 at the age of 17 after only 3 years of training. Would like to hear what he has to say about that.

KevinCouch
04-11-2011, 08:58 AM
I think Boyer boycotted the 1981 Olympia because of the 1980 Arnold controversial win. Would love to hear more about how he felt about both Arnold's condition in 1980 and Franco's condition in 1981. Was he close with either of these legends?

Awesome James.

JoeB8962
04-11-2011, 03:12 PM
My first experence with professional bodybuilding came in the summer of 1981 when a show was held in Lafayette, LA the Grand Prix of Louisiana. A group of us from our gym in Northeast Louisiana made the trip down to see the show and for a skinny teen that just started hitting the iron the impression still remains. We went to Red Lerille's on Friday the day before the show, walked onto the weight floor and there was Boyer Coe, my jaw hung open seeing someone for the first time with this kind of size and condition. The show on Saturday was won by Chris Dickerson if memory serves me and I think Chris went on to win the Olympia later in the fall.

These were the guys my generation grew up idolizing, you did not need to see their face to pick them out in a lineup as each had their on unique physique and trademark pose unlike the guys today that all look the same.

Tell Boyer thanks for doing what he did!

mrky03
04-11-2011, 08:24 PM
My first experence with professional bodybuilding came in the summer of 1981 when a show was held in Lafayette, LA the Grand Prix of Louisiana. A group of us from our gym in Northeast Louisiana made the trip down to see the show and for a skinny teen that just started hitting the iron the impression still remains. We went to Red Lerille's on Friday the day before the show, walked onto the weight floor and there was Boyer Coe, my jaw hung open seeing someone for the first time with this kind of size and condition. The show on Saturday was won by Chris Dickerson if memory serves me and I think Chris went on to win the Olympia later in the fall.

These were the guys my generation grew up idolizing, you did not need to see their face to pick them out in a lineup as each had their on unique physique and trademark pose unlike the guys today that all look the same.

Tell Boyer thanks for doing what he did!

Amen to that!

HeavyDutyGuy
04-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I asked a lot of questions, and he is taking his time, got the first three questions back and he went into some detail. He is surprised anyone finds it interesting!! Will keep you posted!

HeavyDutyGuy
04-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Got some good stuff from Boyer- pretty detailed. He is really putting out for this. Giving the truth, not feeding the legend as he put it. I can't say enough about him, integrity up the ying yang. What a guy!