PDA

View Full Version : Competition Hair/Makeup

The Prodigy
04-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Who have you used in the past? Who did you like or not like?

Cdimeo
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I personally have not used anyone before, but a few gals from my gym put together a new "squad" on the east coast and all of them are reputable, fun and sincere!

www.glamsquadnj.com

James Tucci
04-13-2011, 12:53 PM
For the NPC Excalibur and FMI (Phoenix) and wonderful young lady who does great work, named Holly J Dean. She's incredible and does everything competition/stage make up and Fitness Modeling, she's a true reniassance woman!

www.hollyjdean.com (http://www.hollyjdean.com)

West Coast but she does travel!!

GeminiJedi
04-13-2011, 01:25 PM
My coach did mine for my last show. I know Chaundra Tangi does makeup here in CO, too.

The Prodigy
04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Do you know of anyone who does it at the national shows?

GeminiJedi
04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Do you know of anyone who does it at the national shows?

I don't, but I'm sure people make the rounds. Google Chaundra Tangi and you'll get a link to FigureRX and her contact info

FitnBuf
04-13-2011, 04:24 PM
My coach did mine for my last show. I know Chaundra Tangi does makeup here in CO, too.

Chaundra Tangi does an awesome job for the ladies out here. My posing coach recommends her a lot. Not sure if she does the National shows though.

I spoke to Camala Rodriquez last year who also does make-up, but unfortunately she wasn’t available for my show so I cannot offer feedback.

GeminiJedi
04-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Chaundra Tangi does an awesome job for the ladies out here. My posing coach recommends her a lot. Not sure if she does the National shows though.

I spoke to Camala Rodriquez last year who also does make-up, but unfortunately she wasn’t available for my show so I cannot offer feedback.

Camala has done a pretty good job on make-up from what I've seen. She's never done mine, but I know that she's helped out people in a pinch backstage, too. Rita Rae did mine for my last show (that she coached me for).

BikiniAshley_62
04-23-2011, 02:21 PM
To chime in... My trainer is a IFBB Pro and has been very pleased with JanTana at her two pro shows she's done thus far.

As far as DIY color, my best friend and I just had a "order all our shit" party, and we went with the JanTana Hi Definition Color. I'm hoping we made the right pick. (She's used it before at three competitions.)

What I still don't have is the foundation- I've heard that some ladies use MAC? Any input?

I'm going to have my hairdresser do my make-up, and my hair is still one big question mark. =)

Cristina Liberatore
05-04-2011, 01:32 PM

Chaundra did my makeup for Nationals last year...and she was jammed packed with girls. So if she doesn't do all of the Nat'l shows, I think she at least does the big ones. Def worth checking out though.

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Do you guys use similar make up for photoshoots? We're shooting with Jeff at Jr. Nats and I'm wondering how 'MUCH' makeup to use for a photoshoot? Like with the shows I know you cake it on for the stage make up, but what about a photoshoot?

sassy69
05-04-2011, 05:37 PM
To chime in... My trainer is a IFBB Pro and has been very pleased with JanTana at her two pro shows she's done thus far.

As far as DIY color, my best friend and I just had a "order all our shit" party, and we went with the JanTana Hi Definition Color. I'm hoping we made the right pick. (She's used it before at three competitions.)

What I still don't have is the foundation- I've heard that some ladies use MAC? Any input?

I'm going to have my hairdresser do my make-up, and my hair is still one big question mark. =)

Jan Tana also sells a foundation that matches their color. I've used both MAC w/ Protan & the Jan Tana foundation w/ the Jan Tana spray they do at the show itself (i.e. hire the 'official show tanner' service because its sooooo much more convenient than doing multiple layers yourself. 30 min total and you're covered. sleep in it over night, get a touch up at the show, and you're good to go.)