PDA

View Full Version : 4 Weeks Out

JoeB8962
04-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey Guys, I'm 4 weeks out from my next show and thought I'd post a few pics to see what ya'll thought.

JoeB

Pavlenko
04-17-2011, 04:11 AM
condition is good, need more leg sweep / glute

Terraj
04-17-2011, 04:56 AM
I see we have the same calves, I gave up on mine.

Shoulders are spectacular!

Hammerfit
04-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Hey Guys, I'm 4 weeks out from my next show and thought I'd post a few pics to see what ya'll thought.

JoeB

Very good conditioning for 4 weeks out. Keep trying to bring out the lines in your quads. Lunge till you drop!

joedemarco
04-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Looking good Joe! Good luck!

Rick Prince
04-17-2011, 10:12 AM

JoeB

Nice improvements since your last show. You have added some size to your quads, and the detail in your back is sick at 4 weeks out.

FATPANDA
04-17-2011, 10:12 AM
look preety good calves dont really match but its wateva.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Very good conditioning for 4 weeks out. Keep trying to bring out the lines in your quads. Lunge till you drop!

Bump this. And, yes you can bring up calf in this short time. Every other day doing hundreds of full range of motion.

Great back/delts.

Baldie

JoeB8962
04-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Bump this. And, yes you can bring up calf in this short time. Every other day doing hundreds of full range of motion.

Great back/delts.

Baldie

Baldie I've tried it ALL for calves..high reps, low reps, hold at the top, hold at the bottom, working them every day, working them ever other day, once a week, twice a week, mega sets, low sets.

If you got the answer, please let me in on it!!!

Dadup
04-17-2011, 01:56 PM
lookin good man, great chest thickness, my calves started to grow when I started doing one set of stiff leg presses once a week!

nwtrnr1
04-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Great conditioning. Your back and shouldders are outstanding. I have the opposite problem, my quads grow slower, overall very balanced good job!

Growin24/7
04-17-2011, 04:53 PM
great conditioning brother, best of luck to you!

mkris7
04-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Great pics! If you real sharp at this point, just wait as the next few weeks go by, your body is going to be changing almost daily!!
What weight class are you in?

mrky03
04-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Look sharp! What show are you doing?

HeavyDutyGuy
04-17-2011, 09:14 PM
You just need more cuts in your legs, drop say 5 lbs, that should do it, and you should walk away with hardware. NICE physique.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Baldie I've tried it ALL for calves..high reps, low reps, hold at the top, hold at the bottom, working them every day, working them ever other day, once a week, twice a week, mega sets, low sets.

If you got the answer, please let me in on it!!!

This year I went brutally heavy with weights. I can hardly walk afterwards...BINGO.

Baldie

JoeB8962
04-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Great pics! If you real sharp at this point, just wait as the next few weeks go by, your body is going to be changing almost daily!!
What weight class are you in?

Masters 50+ and open lightweight

JoeB8962
04-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Look sharp! What show are you doing?

Muscle Mayhem in Kansas City, MO

JoeB8962
04-17-2011, 11:58 PM
You just need more cuts in your legs, drop say 5 lbs, that should do it, and you should walk away with hardware. NICE physique.

Got to drop that to make weight..

mkris7
04-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Light wieght? You look much bigger!!! Great job so far...

Hammerfit
04-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Calves: heavy as possible unilaterally back and forth no resting 50 reps per leg until you get to 300 reps then stretch and repeat then get on another exercise and hold the negative for a full 12 seconds go to intensemuscle.com and check out Dante's recommendation for stubborn calves good stuff helped me also got to eat rice and potatoes and 1 1 /2 grams protein per bw

Scoobysnacks
04-18-2011, 09:06 AM

agreed I told him 5 lbs from these pics before we manipulate sodium, so 155 then prob lose another 1.5 from pulling sea salt. Then fill in.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
04-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Calves: heavy as possible unilaterally back and forth no resting 50 reps per leg until you get to 300 reps then stretch and repeat then get on another exercise and hold the negative for a full 12 seconds go to intensemuscle.com and check out Dante's recommendation for stubborn calves good stuff helped me also got to eat rice and potatoes and 1 1 /2 grams protein per bw

^^^THIS. DC calves works its the only thing in my 12 yrs of bb'ing that I did that I can say yep my calves grew from that. Ive been doing it twice to three x weekly for the last year, to year and a half.

Ss

JoeB8962
04-18-2011, 09:55 AM
^^^THIS. DC calves works its the only thing in my 12 yrs of bb'ing that I did that I can say yep my calves grew from that. Ive been doing it twice to three x weekly for the last year, to year and a half.

Ss

Guys and Gals if you are looking for someone to work with on your prep I very highly recommend Jason, aka Scoobysnacks here on the rx board. For those of you that know me and have seen pics from my previous shows to where I'm at today the difference is night to day.

Scooby I know we still have a ways to travel but thanks for the ride so for buddy it's been a pleasure!

JoeB

axioma
04-18-2011, 12:51 PM
First: you look great! At four weeks out, all you can do is continue to focus on control and time under tension. This will make the thighs pop.
Second: you back is ridiculous! Incredible detail.
Third: Keep the course.
Fourth: This is addressed to those of you who aren't regular posters on this forum...wtf? Telling a guy he needs more quad sweep and calves at four weeks out? This guy obviously knows his shit and doesn't need some armchair pussy telling him what to "improve" in the last couple of weeks. Save it..we don't need it.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Guys and Gals if you are looking for someone to work with on your prep I very highly recommend Jason, aka Scoobysnacks here on the rx board. For those of you that know me and have seen pics from my previous shows to where I'm at today the difference is night to day.

Scooby I know we still have a ways to travel but thanks for the ride so for buddy it's been a pleasure!

JoeB
I would totally agree!

Hammerfit
04-18-2011, 01:23 PM
First: you look great! At four weeks out, all you can do is continue to focus on control and time under tension. This will make the thighs pop.
Second: you back is ridiculous! Incredible detail.
Third: Keep the course.
Fourth: This is addressed to those of you who aren't regular posters on this forum...wtf? Telling a guy he needs more quad sweep and calves at four weeks out? This guy obviously knows his shit and doesn't need some armchair pussy telling him what to "improve" in the last couple of weeks. Save it..we don't need it.

touche!

GerryT
04-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Best wishes, JoeB. Do it for yourself and be your best. Outstanding back. Agree with the other assessments. But just go for it.

I'm a posing coach, so holler if you want any advice.

Hammerfit
04-18-2011, 03:33 PM

Ss

sent an email explaining the routine....I have use it on several peeps w stubborn calves...Dante know his shit. It fits right into my schemes in that it is very painful if done correctly...but if you eat a cup of white rice afterwards you can literally watch them swell, you got to stretch them alot also and as scooby says, 2-3x a week

KevinCouch
04-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Lightweight? You look much bigger than that! Keep up the great work you condition is very good and you're just going to get better over the next few weeks. Will be following your progress if you want to continue to post progress pics that would be great!

Kevin

JoeB8962
04-18-2011, 05:13 PM
sent an email explaining the routine....I have use it on several peeps w stubborn calves...Dante know his shit. It fits right into my schemes in that it is very painful if done correctly...but if you eat a cup of white rice afterwards you can literally watch them swell, you got to stretch them alot also and as scooby says, 2-3x a week

I'll definitely give the calf routine a chance, thanks Mike

JoeB8962
04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Lightweight? You look much bigger than that! Keep up the great work you condition is very good and you're just going to get better over the next few weeks. Will be following your progress if you want to continue to post progress pics that would be great!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I was 159 on the nose this morning and sure, I'll post a few more pics as we get closer

masterschamp
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Joe...you look great,bro.....like Kevin and others have said, look much bigger than a lightweight. Conditioning is right on for where you are at. I also second what Hammer and Scooby said about Dante and the calf work.

Keith

Mac
04-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks Kevin, I was 159 on the nose this morning and sure, I'll post a few more pics as we get closer

Exactly what I weighed in at today, except nowhere near as lean. I would need to drop 10lbs.

Keep dialing it in.

mkris7
05-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Today is the day??? Best wishes, can't wait to know how things turned out!