PDA

View Full Version : Critique me

kathyfit
04-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I know that I was holding water due to factors I could not help...I know...and some fat, too. What can I improve on?

Jude2
04-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Not a bad figure. You need to try to get your lower body conditioning to match your upper body. More side delts would help, but the biggest issue is your thighs.

Scoobysnacks
04-20-2011, 10:48 PM
more medial deltoid
more back thickness
more back width to combat a somewhat wider waist
More glute so it ties better to hams
like jude said tighter quads and Id even say a tad more muscle in them, not to much but a bit more to fill them out.

Good Luck

tammyp
04-21-2011, 06:33 AM
all they said! i have nothing i could add.

kathyfit
04-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Thank you for the feedback! If only it was that easy ;)......I'll take your advice and push harder. I'm thinking about master's nationals so I don't have much time.

s2h
04-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you for the feedback! If only it was that easy ;)......I'll take your advice and push harder. I'm thinking about master's nationals so I don't have much time.fall in love with lunges...good luck...

kathyfit
05-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Here are new pics with a better angle 2 weeks after the first pics. I realize I need to be bigger yet and lean down my legs more, but my new question is: should I switch to bikini?

Scoobysnacks
05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Here are new pics with a better angle 2 weeks after the first pics. I realize I need to be bigger yet and lean down my legs more, but my new question is: should I switch to bikini?

How did you do, you look good. I dont think Id switch to bikini and here is why. My wife is kind of in this boat too. To be in bikini you will need to add back some bodyfat. Without that god given TINY waist you will appear wider waisted with some fat back on you. I think you are where you should be, you said it, just need to add some muscle, shoulders lats mainly and you will be right there in the running at figure comps.

Good Luck

Ss

holyintellect
05-04-2011, 01:03 PM
The second set of pics is much more flattering...How did you do in that show? I agree with what the guys have already mentioned....specifically the medial delt and back thickness recommendations. I also agree that a switch to bikini would not be in your best interest.

s2h
05-04-2011, 01:07 PM
def a better look in the second set of pics...i'm with scoob's that you need to stay in figure...

kathyfit
05-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks....I'm glad you said that because I'd rather do figure. I placed 4th out 5 :( I am ready to train as hard as I can and gain that muscle! Done with NGA....

Here is a pic of the line up.

Scoobysnacks
05-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks....I'm glad you said that because I'd rather do figure. I placed 4th out 5 :( I am ready to train as hard as I can and gain that muscle! Done with NGA....

Here is a pic of the line up.

pics dont always tell the entire tale, but damn, I cant find 3 other girls better than you, maybe one, arguable two.

Jude2
05-04-2011, 11:42 PM
pics dont always tell the entire tale, but damn, I cant find 3 other girls better than you, maybe one, arguable two.
I agree. I would have to see the back shots. But you have improved, stick with figure and give it some time.

kathyfit
07-08-2011, 06:14 PM
My next show is in 2 weeks. I've worked hard and even harder on eating plenty, but my shoulders are still behind IMO. Any suggestions? I am still bringing in around 150 g carbs a day to try and stay full.

tammyp
07-09-2011, 05:55 AM
tighter in glutes and hams.

s2h
07-09-2011, 06:08 PM
My next show is in 2 weeks. I've worked hard and even harder on eating plenty, but my shoulders are still behind IMO. Any suggestions? I am still bringing in around 150 g carbs a day to try and stay full.use bands to do side laterals..when you get to the highest point in your side lateral...rotate your hands out so your thumbs turn towards your body..this will help with your medials...

Scoobysnacks
07-10-2011, 03:08 PM
My suggestion is a nice long off-season. You wont build boulder shoulders always competing, muscle gains don't work that way, especially for women who have way less testosterone.

In the immediate future the most you can do is lean out a tad more to give a better appearance to the delt tie in.

Also you can see fat held at the lower back on the sides, get that off. At this point not a lot can be done to build shoulders in two weeks.

Ss

kathyfit
07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Thank you for all the feedback. I really appreciate it! :)