PDA

View Full Version : Can Palumbo's program be tweaked for even greater fat loss?

Running Rebel
03-27-2009, 08:43 PM
I understand Dave's diet works extremely well for losing fat while preserving muscle. But what if someone isn't concerned about catabolism? What's the most effective way to lose as much fat as humanly possible? I ask this because I unexpectedly landed a modeling gig and the shoot takes place in 5 weeks, and I'm in full off season mode right now! I have to lose a lot of body fat. Nutritionally and cardio wise, how can I tweak Dave's program for even more fat loss? Ead less fats? Less protein? Add in HITT in addition to the LISS that I'm doing?

Luka Treska
03-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Sprinting and high intensity cardio did it for me, I went from 230 to 190, then I dropping my meals from 6 a day to 2-3 a day brought me to 180. I don't recommend the meal thing because your "look" will suffer from it, but high intensity cardio will get you lean and smaller.

A-Maxx
03-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I would say up your cardio and take in less calories :confused:

buster12
03-27-2009, 10:15 PM
You can stop eating protein and fat. You might die. So, I wouldn't recommend it. lol

Running Rebel
03-27-2009, 10:33 PM
You can stop eating protein and fat. You might die. So, I wouldn't recommend it. lol

Haha, yea, the supermodel diet- no carbs, fats or proteins, lol

bigtimektz
03-27-2009, 10:44 PM
you can stop eating protein and fat. You might die. So, i wouldn't recommend it. Lol

lmao

A-Maxx
03-27-2009, 10:53 PM
man...just add nose candy or candy rox to ur diet...and you'll drop weight like no other

look what it did for Amy Winehouse..she's more famous then ever now :D

http://beconfused.com/media/2008/06/amy-winehouse-before-and-after.jpg

thepump
03-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I understand Dave's diet works extremely well for losing fat while preserving muscle. But what if someone isn't concerned about catabolism? What's the most effective way to lose as much fat as humanly possible? I ask this because I unexpectedly landed a modeling gig and the shoot takes place in 5 weeks, and I'm in full off season mode right now! I have to lose a lot of body fat. Nutritionally and cardio wise, how can I tweak Dave's program for even more fat loss? Ead less fats? Less protein? Add in HITT in addition to the LISS that I'm doing?

That's a great question, being that I'm not really sure which program he has tailored to you being the your body is diff and will show diff results, depending what you throw at it and your genetics. So I would say why not just ask Dave in his Q&A, he'll be hip to your problems and offer some great advice.

red barraca
03-27-2009, 10:59 PM
dave gave a mma diet for a fighter. six whole omega-3eggs(any style) .use macadamia oil to grease the pan.meal 2...7 ounces chicken with one third raw almonds,cashews,or walnuts.meal4.protein shake 50g whey protein isolate with 2 talbespoons of extra virgin coconut oil.meal5.7 ounces lean beef with a green salad(no tomatoes carrots or red peppers)with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or macadamia nut oil and vinegar.meal6.shake 50g whey protein isolate with 2 talbe spoons of macadamia oil......on nontraining days,substitute 2 tablespoons of all natural peanut btter

Running Rebel
03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
That's a great question, being that I'm not really sure which program he has tailored to you being the your body is diff and will show diff results, depending what you throw at it and your genetics. So I would say why not just ask Dave in his Q&A, he'll be hip to your problems and offer some great advice.

Yeah, I've actually always been interested in this question, being that I personal train women sometimes and the average woman doesn't give a shit about preserving muscle, lol.

thepump
03-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I've actually always been interested in this question, being that I personal train women sometimes and the average woman doesn't give a shit about preserving muscle, lol.

LOL Yeah I feel you on that. I do personal training as well and have come across the same issues. Also, Dave and I have been training together for the last year and I'm sure if you throw the question at him he will gladly give you some of his trophey winning advice.

Running Rebel
03-27-2009, 11:17 PM
man...just add nose candy or candy rox to ur diet...and you'll drop weight like no other

look what it did for Amy Winehouse..she's more famous then ever now :D

http://beconfused.com/media/2008/06/amy-winehouse-before-and-after.jpg

OMG! THats crazy! She looked hot when she was thick.

thepump
03-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I second that.

bgoo101
04-01-2009, 05:20 AM
keep meals the same, up cardio 2hrs a day add more fat burners.... no cheat meal.....

Frosty
04-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, 2-3 hours of cardio a day, fat burner, use 40g of fish oil replacing some dietary fats. Stick to chicken breast, turkey breast, and white fish. IMO do this for the first 2 weeks then once adapted remove the dietary fat and just leave fish oil for the 3 last weeks. An extreme method that will work would be for those last 2-3 weeks just eat a can of tuna for meals and use protein shakes. You can use 3 shakes and 3 cans if you want. This and fish oil. You'll drop a ton of weight with doing your cardio. Skip the cheats.

tribal
04-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Yeah, 2-3 hours of cardio a day, fat burner, use 40g of fish oil replacing some dietary fats. Stick to chicken breast, turkey breast, and white fish. IMO do this for the first 2 weeks then once adapted remove the dietary fat and just leave fish oil for the 3 last weeks. An extreme method that will work would be for those last 2-3 weeks just eat a can of tuna for meals and use protein shakes. You can use 3 shakes and 3 cans if you want. This and fish oil. You'll drop a ton of weight with doing your cardio. Skip the cheats.
i have a dumb question? but are you recommending that he not eat vegetables?

Frosty
04-23-2009, 05:32 AM
Towards the end for extreme loss, yes. It'll also keep the waist smaller.

tribal
04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
for the whole 5 weeks? or are you saying last 2-3 weeks? does he take fiber when he stops the veggies or thats out to?

Frosty
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
for the whole 5 weeks? or are you saying last 2-3 weeks? does he take fiber when he stops the veggies or thats out to?

The last 2-3 weeks. 5 weeks is too much. I wouldn't take fiber if you want the smallest waist possible. Just eating 6 tiny protein meals a day without fiber or veggies will really shrink your waist, allowing ab definition to come out more and give a better illusion of size. For modeling a tiny waist is more desirable than being full and huge.

tribal
04-23-2009, 06:17 PM
The last 2-3 weeks. 5 weeks is too much. I wouldn't take fiber if you want the smallest waist possible. Just eating 6 tiny protein meals a day without fiber or veggies will really shrink your waist, allowing ab definition to come out more and give a better illusion of size. For modeling a tiny waist is more desirable than being full and huge.
thanks much

cheddar cheese
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Wouldn't you get serious bloat/back up issues without the fibre if you go without it for that long?

Frosty
04-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Wouldn't you get serious bloat/back up issues without the fibre if you go without it for that long?

It should all come out eventually if you drink enough water and get enough salt :) Just not big volume so you don't shit as much.