PDA

View Full Version : intersting article

ayezer
04-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Here is an interesting article

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110420184429.htm

ayezer
04-23-2011, 01:57 PM
would never try to beat out Palumbo but I did e-mail this to DAve before I posted.

ayezer
04-23-2011, 02:57 PM
thanks no it is ok I just wanted to validate these diets.

I am just a Registered Dietitian have competed
Dave is a leader in Bodybuilding.

Curt James
04-26-2011, 11:20 PM
If what you're saying is true, then palumbo has played you, you should demand a few species products.It's only fair.

How exactly? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/smileys/thinking.gif

ayezer
04-27-2011, 08:12 AM
How exactly? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/smileys/thinking.gif

Curt James elaborate what do you mean "How exactly"

Like I said I am an RD I e-mailed this article to Dave Palumbo because I know a lot of bodybuilders do keto diets and his rec diet is keto as well
and just thought it was interesting. It was one study and some peope may be interested in how a keto diet can affect overall health.
That is why I e-mailed it to Dave first then I posted it myself.

I get these type of e-mails due to being an Rd and working in the clinical end of nutrition as well as working as a personal trainer and some private nutrition.

Hammerfit
04-27-2011, 08:39 AM
very interesting, thanks for posting:yep:

ayezer
04-27-2011, 08:49 AM
you are welcome

mkris7
05-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Interesting Article, thanks for posting. Yes, Dave is a well established in the sport and he know his stuff...BIG TIME.

I however, I am not a big fan of the Keto Diet. Maybe it too SPARTAN for me LOL :)
I am just glad that there are many roads to same destination....or else I would go madd if that was my only choice for contest prep LOL :)

Since your a RD, do you see that bodybuilding diets whether it is keto, carb cycling, etc
as effective for the average who does not compete?

Also can you recommend a good nutritional program. I used to have one back in 95 that I used while getting ready for a show, it tracked everything and it was very user friendly.

Thanks again, nice post :)

ayezer
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
yes I believe in education and information to everyone and they make their own decision and through experience.

No diet is perfect, for instance there probably needs to be more research on keto diets for instance there was a study that stated being on a ketogenic diet too long may effect some enzymes that protest the heart in a negative way the article was in I am pretty sure muscular development.
Generally bb magazines are not great for research but many of them are reporting studies from other medical nutrition journals.

As for a diet if someone does not compete it depends I think is the person on the overweight side. I think for many it is very hard to get lean without cutting carbs at least by eating mainly low glycemic index carbs.
So therefore a well rounded eat from all food groups basic diet, healthy fats, lean proteins etc.

For a bodybuilding contest there is no 100% right answer I myself have a slow metabolism so I have to at some time in the diet cut carbs and keto for a part of my dieting and sometimes if behind have dieted ketop for almost all of the diet, but there is theory if do it too long can lose muscle.
It that happens to you then a possibility is to rotate carbs for example hi carb day on leg day med carb day on back and chest day and low carb days on arms, shoulders and off days(no wt training).

I do not believe in cookie cutter basic diets they are out there and I by no means am the number 1 contest prep my main job is in the medical field but I have done some contest prep with others but I just don't could do better with myself.

Any questions feel free I will do my best.

mkris7
05-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Do you know any good nutritional programs I can use on my computer?

Thanks again for the response...great topic :)

ayezer
05-02-2011, 08:11 AM
I really do not know but google something may come up.

I use Bio ex but they sell it Ithink only to RDs as I h as well the is the food processor program.