PDA

View Full Version : Fit for 2- My pregnancy journal

LisaRD23
04-26-2011, 11:05 AM
So yes ladies, I am pregnant!! I had my 1st appointment yesterday and was confirmed to be exactly 7 weeks, with a due date of December 12th.
I have my first ultrasound tonight:)

I've been keeping up with my workouts and doc told me, I can continue to do anything I was doing before- just not to over exhaust myself.So for the past 3 weeks (since I found out) I have kept up 4 day split and just lowered the cardio a bit.

My weight so far:
1 week before find out (4/2): 113.4 lbs
This morning: 116 lbs

I will try to keep up to date in here as much as I can for those who are interested in this hormonal roller coaster for the next 8 monthg:)

Last night got a shoulders done.
DB Press- 25s x10x10x10x10 (really dropped weight on these...just don't have the strength)
Arnold Press- 15s x10x10x10x10
Reverse Pec deck- 40lbs x10x10x10
Sida Lat Raise- 10s x12x12...drop set 5s x8x8

ABS- crunches on ball 3x15 & hip raises 3x15

Cardio: 30min moderate pace on elliptical

The Prodigy
04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Congrats!! I am SO excited for you!:)

stephaniewicked
04-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Yay, so excited to follow your journey girl. I know how long you guys have been looking forward to this. Is your daughter excited to be a big sister?? :)

December's a good month (that's when I was born! :p) Congrats again!! :flowers:

LisaRD23
04-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks Prodigy & Steph:hugme:

I'm actually a little stressed about having to go on maternity leave in December. I haven't told my boss yet. The end of the year is sooo busy. I am the Head of my department so I really have to get a plan in order while I'm on leave. Hopefully all the company employees will be have and I won't return to a an HR nightmare!!

Victoria is happy:) Although the reality really hasn't set in for her yet. My routine hasn't changed, I have no morning sickness, and not showing yet so be being pregnant is not "in her face" every day. She just said that it's going to be wierd b/c she's been used to the 3 of us for so long, so she's wondering how it's going to be with 4.

stephaniewicked
04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Stress isn't good for the baby, so make sure you take care of yourself... which, no doubt you will! :)

katt981
04-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Congrats on the new one coming! I'm sure your daughter will love being a big sister!

ChristyLaurenPoole
04-27-2011, 12:26 AM
This will be cool to follow. I always kind of wondered how much you can really train while you're pregnant. What are you going to do as far as diet goes? I mean will you be eating more or trying to maintain only a certain amount of weight gain? Will you still be able to build muscle while having a fetus growing inside you? Ahhh so many questions. KEEP US POSTED! :)

OH AND CONNNNNNNNNNNGRATS!

-BLP-
04-27-2011, 12:28 AM
amazing !!!!!

LisaRD23
04-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Stress isn't good for the baby, so make sure you take care of yourself... which, no doubt you will! :)

Nah, I'm being good about that.:)

Congrats on the new one coming! I'm sure your daughter will love being a big sister!

Thanks

This will be cool to follow. I always kind of wondered how much you can really train while you're pregnant. What are you going to do as far as diet goes? I mean will you be eating more or trying to maintain only a certain amount of weight gain? Will you still be able to build muscle while having a fetus growing inside you? Ahhh so many questions. KEEP US POSTED! :)

OH AND CONNNNNNNNNNNGRATS!

Thanks!! Right now for diet I'm pretty much keeping things the same. What I did was figure what my maintaince calories were and I set a meal plan from there. This is just to make sure I'm eating as I should. A pregnant woman only needs about 300 extra calories. So I keep my basics and I'm letting the extra calories find thier way into my diet on thier own. Example, adding milk to my oatmeal, extra piece of fruit at lunch, having a extra snack if I feel like it. For right now, untill the cravings kick in I'm still leaving the cheat meals to the weekend. Which works either way cause I don't like eating heavy during the day at work and I don't want to eat crap too late when I get home either.

Building muscle right now is probally not going to happen. I can't go to failure so I don't over exhaust or injure myself. Plus I've already felt a strength drop just from the fatigue. So trying to maintain is the focus. No real "goals" just aiming to keep fit & healthy.

amazing !!!!! :)

Cdimeo
04-27-2011, 09:57 AM
From what my doc said during my pregnancies--your body can handle what it was capable of handling pre-prego for the most part. I was so damn sick with my daughter I spent afternoons in bed instead of the gym. And I ate so much when I was prego with my son that you could barely see muscle LOL.

Are you feeling well??

LisaRD23
04-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Yup- my doc said I can do pretty much anything I was doing before- just to be smart.

I'm actually feeling pretty good. The major symptom I feel is the tieredness & fatigue. My boobs are a bit sore and seem to be getting bigger everyday, and from time to time I'm getting some intigestion which causes some queasyness and serious bloat...ugh... but I haven't been "sick". So far any morning sickness is staying away.

I really didn't get sick for my daughter, only once or twice. i only had some food adversions. So I'm hoping this pregnancy keeps low on the sickness too.

tammyp
04-27-2011, 11:12 AM
good for you lisa!

ChristyLaurenPoole
04-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Nah, I'm being good about that.:)

Thanks

Thanks!! Right now for diet I'm pretty much keeping things the same. What I did was figure what my maintaince calories were and I set a meal plan from there. This is just to make sure I'm eating as I should. A pregnant woman only needs about 300 extra calories. So I keep my basics and I'm letting the extra calories find thier way into my diet on thier own. Example, adding milk to my oatmeal, extra piece of fruit at lunch, having a extra snack if I feel like it. For right now, untill the cravings kick in I'm still leaving the cheat meals to the weekend. Which works either way cause I don't like eating heavy during the day at work and I don't want to eat crap too late when I get home either.

Building muscle right now is probally not going to happen. I can't go to failure so I don't over exhaust or injure myself. Plus I've already felt a strength drop just from the fatigue. So trying to maintain is the focus. No real "goals" just aiming to keep fit & healthy.

:)

Hmmmm, that is TOTALLY interesting. You really only need an extra 300 calories a day!? That seems crazy. Thats SO LITTLE. I'd think like a thousand?! I dunno. I like your attitude though that its milk and fruit additions. Very cool!

LisaRD23
04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Well..go figure...a newborn only drinks about 2oz of milk the first few days of life...so there's really no such thing as "eating for two".

So I didn't make it into the gym Tuesday night b/c I had my 1st early scan and got a peek at baby:) It's the size of a bean right now. Everything is looking healthy & and on track. Baby had a Heart Beat of 130 per min. Strong little thing!

I did make to the gym last night. I was pissed the entire time I was there...but I got my work out in. Here's my drama:
1- I had zero appittite for my pre-work out meal so I just ate a Quest bar instead of the meal I packed
2- I get to the gym and realize I forgot to pack socks!!:mad:
3- Every single piece of equipment I had planned on using was occupied so I switched up everything. Little upset by this mainly b/c I wanted to take advantage and use certain eqipment while I still could.

Anyway...so my work out.

Leg press- 2/45s x15x15x15x15
Seated Leg Curls- 40lbs x15x15x15
Hack Squats- 2/35s x15x15x15
Lunges- 2/10s- x12x12
Seated Calves- 1/25 x15x15x15

I was going to jump on the stepper for a bit since today should have been a cardio day- but with no socks my feet were already burning in my converse!!

Here's a sample of what my diet is like most days.
1- egg white, 1 yolk, oatmeal, fruit, some almond milk in oats
2- 2% Plain Greek Yogurt (or cottage cheese) , 1c veggies
3- chicken w/ veggies, serving of fruit
4- chicken w/ WW Pita or sweet potatoes (Pre work out)
5- 1scoop plain whey, 1c skim plus milk, frozen fruit (Post work out)
6- some kind of protein w/ veggies. If I'm feeling hungry I'll add in some carbs like brown rice or Eziekel Bread. Followed by a small treat like 1 or 2 cookies:)

The Prodigy
04-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I will be following along! I want to know what is in store for me!

stephaniewicked
04-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Most people I know are surprised to learn that a pregnant woman doesn't need to eat like a house just because they have a little one baking! lol

Sounds like things are on track, mama... so cool that you can still lift the way you were (for the most part, at this stage of the game!) I always wondered about that. I don't plan to have to worry about this anytime soon (maybe, ever! :p), but it's interesting to see the similarities and differences of training during pregnancy.

Glad to hear you're feeling good too! :)

LisaRD23
04-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah, training hasn't been too different. Not yet anyway.

I didn't make it to the gym Thursday b/c I got out of work past 7:30pm so I went straight home. I also told my boss on Thursday that I was pregnant and he was happy for me. Right now he will be the only one at work who knows. God forbid I get sick, or something happens I need someone to know what's going on. Plus I have a great relationship with him. I felt like I was telling my dad I was pregnant!! Lol...:)

So Friday's workout:
Chest & Back
Incline DB Press: 25sx10x10, 30sx10x10
Machine Pec: 50lbsx10x10x10
Lat Pull down: 55lbsx10x10, 70lbsx10x10
Wide grip row on low pully: 55lbsx10x10x10
Close Grip Pull down: 70lbs x10x10x10

Cardio: 30min Hill Walk on treadmill (4% - 8%)

Saturday-- I've been trying to make this a cardio only day but my week got pushed back.
Tri's & Bi's
Dips on assist: -30lbs x10x10x10x10
Push Downs: 25lbsx10x10x10
DH OH Ext: 25x10x10x10
Kick Backs: 10s x15x15
BB Cable Curls: 25x10x10x10x10
Alt DB Curls: 15sx10x10 20sx10
Hammer Curls: 15sx10x10x10

I was going to get in some cardio and abs but then I realized it was already 1:30pm and I had been out of the house since 10:30am. I went to the chiropractor for myself and for my daughter so my day started early. I decided to go home to eat and chill out a bit.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day so I might hit the track for a few laps. We shall see:)

LisaRD23
05-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Ok so I have a little bit of a pregnancy nutrition rant.

I was in the store over the weekend and I saw these "Belly Bars". Supposed to be a nutritional snack for us preggos. Yeah right...all good untill you read the label:

INGREDIENTS: Brown Rice Syrup, Oats, Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Milk, Chocolate Liquor, Dextrose, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla), Soy Crisp (Soy Protein, Tapioca Starch, Salt), Soybeans, Brown Rice Crisp (Brown Rice Flour, Rice Flour, Distilled Monoglycerides), Cocoa Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Natural Flavors, Non-Fat Milk Powder, Mini Marshmallows (Invert Sugar, Sugar, Water, Algin, Titanium Dioxide, Natural Flavor, Cornstarch), Pear Juice Concentrate, Cocoa.
FORTIFIED WITH: Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Citrate, Cholecalciferol (Vit D3), Potassium Iodide (Iodine), Choline Bitartrate, Ascorbic Acid (Vit C), Zinc Oxide
CONTAINS: Milk, Soy. May Contain: Tree Nut, Peanut. No Hydrogenated Oils.

These bars have about 12g of sugar and only 8g of protein...sounds more like a candy bar to me. Note the "mini marshmallows". Now I switch my whey protein to plain unflavored, so I was looking for a protein bar option. Mainly to keep in my bag for when I don't have food readily avilable. But after reading this, I think I'm just going to stay with the Quest bars. I feel better about the nurtients and a small serving of sucralose less than 1x per week ain't going to do much harm.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Congratulations!

stephaniewicked
05-03-2011, 05:38 AM
You can still do abs?! Sorry if that's a silly question, but I saw that and had to ask... lol.

You are probably better off making your own natural protein bars using your unflavored whey, oats, natural pb, nuts, dried cranberries, etc. It will probably taste better too! :p

LisaRD23
05-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Yup, I can still do abs!! I'm avoiding any weighted ab excersises and once I get into 2nd trimester I need to avoid laying flat on my back. But I'll probally keep just doing ball crunches and find an alternate way to do lower abs.

I know soon it will be to uncomfortable to do much ab work- so I'm just trying to keep them as strong as possible for now.

For the protein bars- I don't even eat them often enough to want to go through the trouble of making my own!!

---------------------
I've been out of the gym for the past two days cause I haven't been feeling well. I had to leave work early yesterday b/c I was having some stomach pains. I saw my doc this morning and I seem to be having some digestive issues. My stomach is a bit inflamed. Sux b/c I have yet to have any morning sickness or even food adversions. I just can't digest what I eat:dunno:

Anyway, I made some adjustment to my diet and lowered my protein amounts to see if that helps. Just have to watch things and see how it goes.

-BLP-
05-04-2011, 12:30 PM
your my hero ,,, i hope my girl do same in 2013

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Great work Lisa!!! I love reading your journal its like a glimpse of what my life will be like in 10 years! Thanks for doing this, seriously!

Although, I still cringe sometimes when I read about your workouts and I imagine a little baby getting squished each time you do a sit up. LOL ! ! !! !

LisaRD23
05-05-2011, 09:44 AM
your my hero ,,, i hope my girl do same in 2013

good luck to you guys. Just remember that every woman will experince different symptoms during pregnancy so while working out may be easy for one, doesn't mean another will be the same.

Although, I still cringe sometimes when I read about your workouts and I imagine a little baby getting squished each time you do a sit up. LOL ! ! !! !

Lol...:p Don't worry baby has plenty of cushion in there!!

LisaRD23
05-05-2011, 09:55 AM
So I had a funny night in the gym last night. I trained shoulders, ABS, and got in 30 min of cardio.

My husband and I have these "gym buddies". We've known them for almost 5 years now. Anyway, we told them I was pregnant a few weeks ago and now it's like I have 3 husbands b/c one of them is allways keeping an eye on my in the gym. So I get the "Are you sure you should lift that..." "You look tiered, you should go home..." Etc... A little annoying but I least I know I allways have someone there just incase.

Well last night as I was doing abs the jokes started!!

Here are the being pregnant in the gym jokes:

1) Why are you still doing abs? You think you're going to have a belly with a six pack?
2) The baby is going to be born with a six pack
3) The baby is probally jumping rope with the umbilical cord in there
4) The baby is going to be so fit that it's going to walk right out of you and just say "what's up?" instead of crying.
5) The baby is going to want a breast milk protein shake
6) Instead of a bottle the baby will be walking around with a dumbbell
7) At your next sonogram you're going to see the baby flexing

:lmao::lmao: These idoits were on a roll last night!!

stephaniewicked
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Haha, that's so cute! I don't even have to see you to know that you're glowing!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-05-2011, 11:26 PM
ha ha ha those jokes are great! Nice that you have a good gym family looking out for ya!

sassy69
05-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Congrats Lisa!

Shariff Abel
05-06-2011, 01:24 AM
good stuff keep it up not many woman can do what you do . tums up!

LisaRD23
05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
All day yesterday was attack of the allergies. I usually do feel it a little bit for like a day or two but I must be exrta sensitive b/c I literally want to rip my nose off my face. I have sooo much sinus pressure and nothing comming out when I blow. Still feeling the same today...this sux esp since the weather outside is so nice. My doc said I could take Benadryl, but it just makes me sleepy. I'm already fighting fatigue. I got some saline nose drops but it's not doing too much.

I did make it into the gym dispite feeling crappy. I figured maybe if I sart moving i'd feel better. That ended up in a so-so workout. Couldn't get cardio in b/c the nose pressure was just too much. But I did manage to survive legs:)

Legs
Squats- 95lbs x10, 105lbs x10, 115lbs x10, 115lbs x10
RDL's- 65lbs x10x10x10
Single leg ext- 20lbs x10x10, 25lbs x10 (each leg)
Step ups on platform- w/ two 10lbs DBs x15x15
Standing Calves on smith- 70lbs (plates) x12x12x12x12

I attempted to get on the stepper but the gym was just feeling too stuffy at that point and my nose was driving me crazy, so I finished with some stretching and called it a night.

LisaRD23
05-07-2011, 02:54 PM
My allergies were still terrible yesterday. I had to skip the gym b/c I could barley breath plus the sinus pressure gave me a massive headache. I slept with a vicks vaporizer in the room last night and finally got some relief. I also slept about 10 hours....beautiful!!

I took a while to get going this morning but I did make it into the gym by the afternoon. I missed a few days this week so I squeezed in a few body parts.

Chest/Back/Bi's/Tri's/Calves
Isolateral Machine Press- 40lbs x10x10x10
Cable Flys- 20lbs x12x12x12
Lat Pull down- 70lbs x10x10x10
Low Cable Row- 60lbs x12x12x12
BB Curls- 35lbs x10, 40lbs x10x10
Hammer Curls- 15s x12x12x12
OH EZ Bar Ext- 20lbs x10x10x10
Seated Dip Machine- 60lbs x12x12x12
Seated Calves- 50lbs x15x15x15

Decline Crunch- x15x15x15

Then finished up with a 15min power walk on treadmill @4% incline

I left the gym feeling pretty good. It was good to get my body moving. Still feeling stuffy but I can BREATH!!! Yay!!!:)

stephaniewicked
05-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Allergies have been bad for everyone lately... yay for breathing again though! :)

Happy Mother's Day girlie!!

The Prodigy
05-09-2011, 11:25 AM
So I had a funny night in the gym last night. I trained shoulders, ABS, and got in 30 min of cardio.

My husband and I have these "gym buddies". We've known them for almost 5 years now. Anyway, we told them I was pregnant a few weeks ago and now it's like I have 3 husbands b/c one of them is allways keeping an eye on my in the gym. So I get the "Are you sure you should lift that..." "You look tiered, you should go home..." Etc... A little annoying but I least I know I allways have someone there just incase.

Well last night as I was doing abs the jokes started!!

Here are the being pregnant in the gym jokes:

1) Why are you still doing abs? You think you're going to have a belly with a six pack?
2) The baby is going to be born with a six pack
3) The baby is probally jumping rope with the umbilical cord in there
4) The baby is going to be so fit that it's going to walk right out of you and just say "what's up?" instead of crying.
5) The baby is going to want a breast milk protein shake
6) Instead of a bottle the baby will be walking around with a dumbbell
7) At your next sonogram you're going to see the baby flexing

:lmao::lmao: These idoits were on a roll last night!!

I LOVE IT!!! How many weeks are you now? Are you doing one of those calendars where it emails or texts you what is developing that week with the baby? Everyone at work does it! Its fun to hear them talk about what the baby is up to!!

LisaRD23
05-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Happy Mother's Day girlie!!

I LOVE IT!!! How many weeks are you now? Are you doing one of those calendars where it emails or texts you what is developing that week with the baby? Everyone at work does it! Its fun to hear them talk about what the baby is up to!!

I'm 9 weeks. I get email updates every week. I have like 3 different sites I use b/c each one allways tells me something a little different and some give me updates on what to expect in my own body.

Baby is the size of a grape this week and facial features are starting to form:rBaby:

As me and my body- I'm starting to feel the hormone surges. I got very emotional the other day and couldn't sleep b/c I was just upset. You can't tell that I'm pregnant just from looking at me but since last week I have to leave my pants unbuttoned- still zipped- just unbuttoned. I also had to buy some new shirts. My belly really just looks like I'm gaining wieght. You can't tell it's a baby. But my tight shirts and unbuttoned pants don't look to hot....oh and my boob are HUGE. I just got them big 2 years ago!! I had to buy a new bra and I'm now up from a C to a D. I swear once this belly starts to pop I'm going to tip over from all the weight in the front!!

LisaRD23
05-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Monday
DB Press- 25lbs x10x10x10x10
DB Side Lat Raise- 10s x12x12x12
Front BB Raise- 20lbs x12x12x12
Reverse Pec- 25lbs x12x12x12

Ball Crunches- 3x15

30min Cardio on elliptical

LisaRD23
05-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Tuesday

Leg Press- 90lbs(plates) x10x10x10x10
Lying Leg Curls (while I still can:))- 40lbs x10x10x0
Single Leg Ext- 25lbs each x10x10x10
Lunges- 2/10s- x12x12
Seates Cavles- 25lb plate x15x15x15

I went home with a bit of a headache last night. I suffer from migraines so I showered, ate, and then just went straight to bed with a cold eye mask on over my forehead. I still woke up with a headache this morning so I had to take some extra time before getting out of bed. I reapplied the eye mask and my husband made me some coffee. It helped to take the edge off a little. I'm at work now, trying to so as much non-computer work as I can so I won't have to stare at the screen too much.

I s/w my doc about my migraines during my 1st prenatal appointment and she told me that it can go two ways for me. 1- migiranes get worse b/c of the hormones or 2- I get lucky and migraines subside and hormones have an alternate effect. My best remedies are cool compressions, caffine, rest, and the only pain med I can take is Tylenol. But Tylenol does absolutley nothing for me, so I'm not even bothering with that. So far I just have an annoying headache and not a full blown migraine. Praying it stays that way, I can not afford to loose any work time this week since I leave to Bahamas next week.

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey Girl! Happy belated Mothers day! Also, bahamas! WHOOO-HOO!!! Just hang in there girl! We're all so excited for you!

Sunnyday
05-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Woo-hoo! How did I miss this? Oh yeah, my relatives have been driving me nuts the past few weeks, LOL!

So glad that you are keeping a journal here, and that you are still training in the gym. It blew all my friends and relatives away that I was still weight training (and doing abs - gasp!) while pregnant. I did planks, hanging leg lifts and ball crunches all the way to delivery, btw. Kept challenging weights the whole way through, too.

Sorry you are having sinus problems, they suck any time of the year, but most of all when you are pregnant. My allergies got real bad during all 3 of my pregnancies. German herbal remedy: steep some chamomile tea (bags or loose), enough to make about 1 qt tea in a 2-qt pot. Put it on a table and sit over the steaming hot tea with a towel over your head to keep in the steam. You can reheat the tea and reuse it (since you're not going to drink it). Works great, clears up pressure, loosens goo & congestion. Also works for coughs. I do this about 10-20 mins as needed whenever sinus pressure or chest congestion get bad. Try to inhale the steam through your nose to get it up into sinus cavity. HTH!

LisaRD23
05-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks Christy:)

Thanks for the tips Sunny. Thankfully I've been better this week. Any tips for travel motion sickness? I usually start going crazy on a plane after the 1st 1.5hrs so I'm hoping I'm not going to be extra sensitive now.

Today is my other baby's birthday. She turns 14 yrs old today:hypno:!! Way to space those kids apart huh? We're going to take her to PF Chang's tonight since she LOVES chinese food, then we're going to Monster Mini-Golf. Tomorrow she'll be doing the big girl think ang going to Chili's then to a movie with her friends. My daughter has such a diverse group of friends. They look like the United Nations walking around; hispanic, oriental, indian, arabic, american, african-american. This group has it all!!:)

Sunnyday
05-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks Christy:)

Thanks for the tips Sunny. Thankfully I've been better this week. Any tips for travel motion sickness? I usually start going crazy on a plane after the 1st 1.5hrs so I'm hoping I'm not going to be extra sensitive now.

Today is my other baby's birthday. She turns 14 yrs old today:hypno:!! Way to space those kids apart huh? We're going to take her to PF Chang's tonight since she LOVES chinese food, then we're going to Monster Mini-Golf. Tomorrow she'll be doing the big girl think ang going to Chili's then to a movie with her friends. My daughter has such a diverse group of friends. They look like the United Nations walking around; hispanic, oriental, indian, arabic, american, african-american. This group has it all!!:)

Motion sickness, you betcha! I got all sorts of motion sickness when I was pregnant, especially while riding in the car with someone else driving other than me. Go to your local pharmacy and pick up motion sickness wristbands. They have a small plastic button that you line up with a pressure point on the inside of your wrist. Also keep cases of sugarless cinnamon gum and put a pack in every bag you carry as well as in the car.

Crystallized ginger is high sugar but works as good as gum in case you are tired of chewing the gum and want a change. My favorite treat was Reed's Premium Ginger Brew - premium Jamaican style ginger ale. I am a ginger-holic and I love their Extra (think double ginger-spicy). Still love it as a treat served super-cold over crushed ice. You can usually find Reed's at any Wegman's, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or higher-end grocery store in the organic section. I call it a treat because it is not sugar-free.

And congrats to your big girl! My 3 kids span 10 to 2, so I can relate fairly well. :D

LisaRD23
05-16-2011, 09:59 AM
ThanksI'll check out those wrist bands. I don't know about the gingerale though. I LOVE ginerale but when I have sugary drinks, they seems to not agree with my stomach. This has allways been the case with me so I drink diet- but I've been staying away from artifical sweeteners as much as I can. Maybe some ginger candies? I saw ginger gum somewhere....

Anyway, last week was a busy one. Here's a quick gym update:

Wed- 30min Cardio
Thurs- off...another headache
Fri- Bi's/ tri's & 30min Cardio
Sat- Chest/Back & 20min cardio

I decided to challenge myself a little bit on the weights this week. I upped the weight on my lifts about 5lbs for the last set of every exercise. I figured might as well but all these extra carbs to some good use.:p

I'm 10 weeks pregnant today and I seem to have hit a bit of a hormone surge these past few days. I had 3 headaches this week, suddenly started craving stuff, and I've been rather emotional. I cried like 4 time this weekend for no good reason other than I was just feeling overly fustraed about non-significant things

I also had to go shopping this weekend for some clothes to leave on our trip. Shopping...should be happy about that right? Wrong... I have ZERO summer clothes to wear. All my summer stuff is like a size 1 or 2 and when I tried some stuff on it just looks ridiculous. I'm in that awkward pregnancy phase right now. You can't tell I'm pregnant by looking at me, instead I just look fat. At least a baby bump would look cute. My expanding wasit line does not look cute.

Maternity clothes don't fit right now, so I had to instead give in and just buy bigger sizes. So I needed shorts & Tops. I have about 2 dresses that still fit and my husband bought me a dress last week. I also had to buy a new swim suit. My bank account is hurting right now, all for stuff that probally won't fit in another 4 weeks!

Ok...finished with my pregnant lady rant.

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-16-2011, 11:56 AM
ThanksI'll check out those wrist bands. I don't know about the gingerale though. I LOVE ginerale but when I have sugary drinks, they seems to not agree with my stomach. This has allways been the case with me so I drink diet- but I've been staying away from artifical sweeteners as much as I can. Maybe some ginger candies? I saw ginger gum somewhere....

Anyway, last week was a busy one. Here's a quick gym update:

Wed- 30min Cardio
Thurs- off...another headache
Fri- Bi's/ tri's & 30min Cardio
Sat- Chest/Back & 20min cardio

I decided to challenge myself a little bit on the weights this week. I upped the weight on my lifts about 5lbs for the last set of every exercise. I figured might as well but all these extra carbs to some good use.:p

I'm 10 weeks pregnant today and I seem to have hit a bit of a hormone surge these past few days. I had 3 headaches this week, suddenly started craving stuff, and I've been rather emotional. I cried like 4 time this weekend for no good reason other than I was just feeling overly fustraed about non-significant things

I also had to go shopping this weekend for some clothes to leave on our trip. Shopping...should be happy about that right? Wrong... I have ZERO summer clothes to wear. All my summer stuff is like a size 1 or 2 and when I tried some stuff on it just looks ridiculous. I'm in that awkward pregnancy phase right now. You can't tell I'm pregnant by looking at me, instead I just look fat. At least a baby bump would look cute. My expanding wasit line does not look cute.

Maternity clothes don't fit right now, so I had to instead give in and just buy bigger sizes. So I needed shorts & Tops. I have about 2 dresses that still fit and my husband bought me a dress last week. I also had to buy a new swim suit. My bank account is hurting right now, all for stuff that probally won't fit in another 4 weeks!

Ok...finished with my pregnant lady rant.

I think its Kashi?? That has a ginger cashew whole grain cereal? Its very good and could substitute your morning carbs? Its pretty low in cals/carbs for a cereal!

I hear you on the clothes. I have jeans ranging from a size 6-16!!!!!! I've been all over the map the past few years. But I'm hoping now I can soon throw out all the 'big sizes' and just keep the tiny ones!

Be happy, you're prego and cute and GLOWING! Don't give a HOOT what peeps say, bc you're going to rock that bod no matter what, and are doing WAY more than NON-PREGNANT PEOPLE DO!!

I hope you got a bikini by the way. Rock that belly girl! Draw a smiley face on it! :p

stephaniewicked
05-17-2011, 06:19 AM
You're so cute... my cousin is pregnant with her first and she absolutely refused to go maternity shopping. Back in December, we hit the mall and she just bought a bunch of sweats to live in for a couple months. She wanted nothing to do with "mother to be" stores. Sounds like a good problem to have when you have such an awesome little gift that you'll be receiving in time for Christmas!

LisaRD23
05-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm not exactly in maternity clothes denial- I'm just really too tiny for them. I usally shop in the Junior's section so for these early pregnancy months getting a Medium or Large in women's and size 5 or 6 pants are doing the trick. I WISH I could wear sweats all day. I still haven't had a problem with any of my gym clothes except for needing new sports bra's. Right now spandex is my friend...but I can't wear that to work...grrr...

No bikini for me Christy. My midsection is an area I have allways been self conscious of, even when competition stage ready. So I would not be comfortable in a bikini right now. Plus the skin on my belly has already begun to get itchy from time to time, so I do not want to tan my expanding skin. Doing so can cause more strechmarks since your sking dires out and it's harder to stretch- also it can cause strechmarks to become deeper & darker. I made it through my last pregnancy stretch mark free on my belly (only a few on boobs and hips) so I plan on hopefully keeping it that way!

Monday- shoulders, abs & 30min Cardio

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-17-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm not exactly in maternity clothes denial- I'm just really too tiny for them. I usally shop in the Junior's section so for these early pregnancy months getting a Medium or Large in women's and size 5 or 6 pants are doing the trick. I WISH I could wear sweats all day. I still haven't had a problem with any of my gym clothes except for needing new sports bra's. Right now spandex is my friend...but I can't wear that to work...grrr...

No bikini for me Christy. My midsection is an area I have allways been self conscious of, even when competition stage ready. So I would not be comfortable in a bikini right now. Plus the skin on my belly has already begun to get itchy from time to time, so I do not want to tan my expanding skin. Doing so can cause more strechmarks since your sking dires out and it's harder to stretch- also it can cause strechmarks to become deeper & darker. I made it through my last pregnancy stretch mark free on my belly (only a few on boobs and hips) so I plan on hopefully keeping it that way!

Monday- shoulders, abs & 30min Cardio

Oh yeh, thats true about the tanning huh? Now thats REALLY a bun in the oven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAR HAR HAR! :p

Sunnyday
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Hey Lisa, just checkin' in. I totally hear ya on the junior section stuff. My last 2 pregnancies I went with the ultra-low rise stuff and that really helped.

I was thinking what I'd wear for the spring at work (if I were pregnant and not yet showing) and all I could come up with is stretchy camisoles over those lacy-knit sweaters that are all over the juniors section these days...? Casual stuff is so much easier ain't it.

LisaRD23
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
So I left work early today to get ready to leave tomorrow. I have to get to bed early b/c we have to be out of the house at 6am. I've been having a hard time getting up for work after 8-9 hours of sleep so tomorrow morning is not going to be pretty.

I planned to get a quick workout in but that didn't go so well. I did make it to the gym, I finished up squats and SLDLs....but then I had to stop b/c I suddenly started feeling dizzy. I was seeing black spots and I felt like my heart was going to explode. I wasn't even lifting heavy. So I sat down and drank some water until I started feeling better. I better now thankfully. But it looks like I'm going to have to cut squats out of my routine. 2 weeks ago I felt extremely wiped out after my leg work out, so the following week I switched squats for leg presses and felt better. Now this week I couldn't get past the 2nd exercise. So I think it's just too much of a "power" movement for me. Sux...

Anyway, I'm about to start getting my plane snacks ready- oatmeal pancakes, peanut butter protein balls & protein muffins- then I have to finish packing and run out for a quick mani & pedi.

Bahamas here I come!!:)

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-18-2011, 03:19 PM
HAVE A BLAST GIRLFRIEND! Please post up a pretty pic when you get back so we can all live vicariously through you!

LisaRD23
05-26-2011, 10:26 AM
We got back on Sunday afternoon. I have all my pics on my lap top at home so I'll try to post some up this weekend. Bahamas was ok. I wasn't too crazy about the hotel we stayed at. It was all inclusive and the food was terrible. To eat in one of the resturants instead of the Buffet you had to go down stairs between 8am-9am to make a reservation in person. I also didn't like that they allowed smoking everywhere!! Even in the lobby. But it was free...so I'm just glad I didn'y pay for something that I was disappointed with.

The beach was beautiful and we were right next door to the Atlantis so we hit up the casino there and did the Aquarium tour. We also got to walk the whole property. There was more things we could have done there but it was CRAZY expensive, the food was also really expensive. One place had a chicken dinner at $36!!

I also had a bit of an emotional trip. I don't know if it was hormones or what. :dunno: Don't want to get into it, but I Kinda couldn't wait until I got home.

Anyway...got a nice tan and drank tons of Virgin Pina Colada's, Virgin Strawberry Daquris, and Virgin Mojito's- which is actually really good even with no alchol. Very refreshing!! I also must have had my pregnant lady radar on b/c I spotted like 10 other pregnant women during the trip!!

I have a doctor's appointment tonight and my 2nd ulta sound scheduled for next week. I've been having a tough time in the gym latley too so I'll have to talk to my doc about that tonight. Wed before leaving I tried to get a workout in but had to stop b/c I got dizzy, the only exercise I did while away was walking & swiming- which was good, but when I came back to the gym on Tuesday to only do shoulders I had to stop by the time I got to the 3rd exercise b/c I got dizzy again. I eat about an hour before I go, bring water with me, and of course I've been eating good and drinking my water during the day so I don't know what's up. Last night I just walked on the treadmill on an incline for about 30min and seemed to do okay with that.

I'll give a doc update and post up some pics over the weekend.

The Prodigy
05-26-2011, 11:05 AM
We got back on Sunday afternoon. I have all my pics on my lap top at home so I'll try to post some up this weekend. Bahamas was ok. I wasn't too crazy about the hotel we stayed at. It was all inclusive and the food was terrible. To eat in one of the resturants instead of the Buffet you had to go down stairs between 8am-9am to make a reservation in person. I also didn't like that they allowed smoking everywhere!! Even in the lobby. But it was free...so I'm just glad I didn'y pay for something that I was disappointed with.

The beach was beautiful and we were right next door to the Atlantis so we hit up the casino there and did the Aquarium tour. We also got to walk the whole property. There was more things we could have done there but it was CRAZY expensive, the food was also really expensive. One place had a chicken dinner at $36!!

I also had a bit of an emotional trip. I don't know if it was hormones or what. :dunno: Don't want to get into it, but I Kinda couldn't wait until I got home.

Anyway...got a nice tan and drank tons of Virgin Pina Colada's, Virgin Strawberry Daquris, and Virgin Mojito's- which is actually really good even with no alchol. Very refreshing!! I also must have had my pregnant lady radar on b/c I spotted like 10 other pregnant women during the trip!!

I have a doctor's appointment tonight and my 2nd ulta sound scheduled for next week. I've been having a tough time in the gym latley too so I'll have to talk to my doc about that tonight. Wed before leaving I tried to get a workout in but had to stop b/c I got dizzy, the only exercise I did while away was walking & swiming- which was good, but when I came back to the gym on Tuesday to only do shoulders I had to stop by the time I got to the 3rd exercise b/c I got dizzy again. I eat about an hour before I go, bring water with me, and of course I've been eating good and drinking my water during the day so I don't know what's up. Last night I just walked on the treadmill on an incline for about 30min and seemed to do okay with that.

I'll give a doc update and post up some pics over the weekend.

Glad you had fun! I can't wait to see pics!! I have babyitis lately! I want one already!!!

LisaRD23
05-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Here are some pictures of me & the husband in the Bahamas...haning at the beach & at the Atlantis. Almost 11 weeks pregnant during the trip.

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-30-2011, 12:12 PM
WOW GIRL! I'm so happy for you and glad that you posted the pics. I like the one of you in the hat the best, you're little daisy dukes are rocking!!! AND the scenery...........WOW. Totally living through you right now. =)

LisaRD23
05-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks Christy- hopefully I can keep those daisy dukes rocking for most of the summer!!

So I saw my doc on Thursday and everything is looking good. I have my 12 week scan schduled for Friday. I'm trying to change the location to get it done earlier b/c this place can only fit me in during the middle of the morning which is rather inconvieninent. This is a special testing scan too so I HAVE to get it done during my 12th week.

Anyway- I talk to the doc about my dizzy spells and she said that my body is over heating and my blood pressure is probally dropping during my workouts. I told her how much water I drink- which is beyond the "average" woman recomendation- so she suggested a salty snack before working out and maybe trying some gatorade. I really don'e like gatorade, so what I tried instead was filling my water bottle 1/2 gatorade and 1/2 water. That seemed to do the trick.

I decided to change up my training split to give myself some more rest time and not follow more than 1 workout a week with cardio. So my plan is 3 days training and 3-4 days cardio/ cardio falling on non lifting days. I didn't expect to have to change my training schdule so soon but I guess making it through pretty much of my entire 1st trimester on the same schdule is pretty good.:)

I got a quick workout in Saturday of Back & Bi's. But my week really started off yesterday so I'll detail on that.

Monday
Squats- 95lbs x12x12x12 (don't remember the last time I squated this light!! But I wanted to make it though this workout so I knew I had to keep it easy)
DB SLD's- 25s x12x12 30s x10
Extensions- 50lbsx12x12 55lbsx10
Lying Leg Curl- 40lbsx12x12 50lbsx10 (while I still can. I think in about another 2-3 weeks I'll have to find an alternate for these)
Glute Kick Back Machine- 30lbsx12x12

Standing Calf Machine- 60lbsx12x12
Seated Calf Machine- 25plate x12x12

Tonight will just be 30min cardio

The Prodigy
05-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks Christy- hopefully I can keep those daisy dukes rocking for most of the summer!!

So I saw my doc on Thursday and everything is looking good. I have my 12 week scan schduled for Friday. I'm trying to change the location to get it done earlier b/c this place can only fit me in during the middle of the morning which is rather inconvieninent. This is a special testing scan too so I HAVE to get it done during my 12th week.

Anyway- I talk to the doc about my dizzy spells and she said that my body is over heating and my blood pressure is probally dropping during my workouts. I told her how much water I drink- which is beyond the "average" woman recomendation- so she suggested a salty snack before working out and maybe trying some gatorade. I really don'e like gatorade, so what I tried instead was filling my water bottle 1/2 gatorade and 1/2 water. That seemed to do the trick.

I decided to change up my training split to give myself some more rest time and not follow more than 1 workout a week with cardio. So my plan is 3 days training and 3-4 days cardio/ cardio falling on non lifting days. I didn't expect to have to change my training schdule so soon but I guess making it through pretty much of my entire 1st trimester on the same schdule is pretty good.:)

I got a quick workout in Saturday of Back & Bi's. But my week really started off yesterday so I'll detail on that.

Monday
Squats- 95lbs x12x12x12 (don't remember the last time I squated this light!! But I wanted to make it though this workout so I knew I had to keep it easy)
DB SLD's- 25s x12x12 30s x10
Extensions- 50lbsx12x12 55lbsx10
Lying Leg Curl- 40lbsx12x12 50lbsx10 (while I still can. I think in about another 2-3 weeks I'll have to find an alternate for these)
Glute Kick Back Machine- 30lbsx12x12

Standing Calf Machine- 60lbsx12x12
Seated Calf Machine- 25plate x12x12

Tonight will just be 30min cardio

YAY! Cute pics! Can't wait to hear about the baby scan!!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
05-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Good luck with the scan, I'm sure it will be awesome! Do you get to see those 3D pictures of "it" yet.......have they been able to tell you if 'it' is a boy or girl?? Did ya'll wanna know?

About the dizzy stuff. Thats interesting bc I've been getting really dizzy and lightheaded (as I said in my journal) and I really was interested in hearing what your doc had to say. One other thing is that the Powerade ZERO has 0 cals / 0 carbs and has the same amount of salt and electrolytes as gatorade....so try that if you don't like the gatorade and all the sugars.

stephaniewicked
05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Beautiful pix, girl... I've been so out of the loop, didn't realize the trip was coming up so fast. Sorry to hear that the trip wasn't as awesome as expected... but like you said, at least it was free! ;) Looks beautiful! And what a nice little getaway for you guys before you get into 100% baby craziness!

LisaRD23
05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
YAY! Cute pics! Can't wait to hear about the baby scan!!!

I'm still waiting to hear back from the other place to see if they can get me in this week. I'm readin about all these things baby is doing in my belly I can't wait too see.

Good luck with the scan, I'm sure it will be awesome! Do you get to see those 3D pictures of "it" yet.......have they been able to tell you if 'it' is a boy or girl?? Did ya'll wanna know?

About the dizzy stuff. Thats interesting bc I've been getting really dizzy and lightheaded (as I said in my journal) and I really was interested in hearing what your doc had to say. One other thing is that the Powerade ZERO has 0 cals / 0 carbs and has the same amount of salt and electrolytes as gatorade....so try that if you don't like the gatorade and all the sugars.

yeah we are going to find out. But that will be at my next scan @ 20 weeks unless they are able to see something now. To get a 3d scan you have pay out of pocket 100% and they are only done at certain centers so I think we'll be sticking to regular BW pics for now!!

My getting dizzy has more to do with baby sucking up all my blood supply for it's own growth and leaving mommy with none!! I'll take a look at the powerade. Does it have artifical sweetener? I've been staying away from those.

Beautiful pix, girl... I've been so out of the loop, didn't realize the trip was coming up so fast. Sorry to hear that the trip wasn't as awesome as expected... but like you said, at least it was free! ;) Looks beautiful! And what a nice little getaway for you guys before you get into 100% baby craziness!

I think I was more upset with the trip b/c I was really, really looking forward to all this alone time that I just ended up dissappointed with everything. The hotel was pretty small so we couldn't do ANYTHING without running into someone from his job which got to be really annoying. We had a few moments but nothing compared to the get aways we've had in the past.

I literaly threw a fit one night and started crying b/c I felt like my husband thought I was no fun anymore, I wasn't sexy anymore, etc... He was trying to reassure me then I was yelling about only having sex 1.5 times and we were already there for like two days...ugh...I was an emotional mess.

katt981
05-31-2011, 07:00 PM
love the pic's! The water looks so amazing..... I've been to Freeport before, but not to Atlantis.. all I saw were the $$'s... LOL...

Sunnyday
05-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Hey Lisa! Welcome back! Pics look great.

I've been laying low getting ready for my own blast off in just a few days.

Wow, 12 weeks already! You will see some of the important markers and it's always fun to take a peek at the pip squeak who is robbing you of a decent WO, LOL! But IMO the real fun happens at the scan around 19 weeks or so, when they can tell gender, count all the vertebrae of the spine, etc. That one has always been my fave visit in all my pregnancies. Plus by then you will definitely look pregnant to the world and that is fun, too. ;)

Lookin' forward to seeing more pics so I can vicariously enjoy the Bahamas.

LisaRD23
06-02-2011, 09:50 AM
love the pic's! The water looks so amazing..... I've been to Freeport before, but not to Atlantis.. all I saw were the $$'s... LOL...

Yes everything there is VERY expensive. We were at the hotel next door.

Hey Lisa! Welcome back! Pics look great.

I've been laying low getting ready for my own blast off in just a few days.
Wow, 12 weeks already! You will see some of the important markers and it's always fun to take a peek at the pip squeak who is robbing you of a decent WO, LOL! But IMO the real fun happens at the scan around 19 weeks or so, when they can tell gender, count all the vertebrae of the spine, etc. That one has always been my fave visit in all my pregnancies. Plus by then you will definitely look pregnant to the world and that is fun, too. ;)Lookin' forward to seeing more pics so I can vicariously enjoy the Bahamas.

I know your show is right around the corner!! You must be jumping out of your skin by now!!

I'm getting the scan tomorrow morning since I wasn't able to reschdule. I can't wait. I need to see what's going on in there. Sometimes I really don't "feel" pregnant.

LisaRD23
06-02-2011, 09:54 AM
So I woke up exhausted this morning, but had a good workout last night.

Chest/tri's/Shoulders

Incline DB Press: 25s x12x10x12
Pec Dec: 40lbs x12x12x12
Rope Pushdowns: 17.5lbs x12x12x12
Dip Assist: (-40) x12 (-45) x12 (-50) x12
HS Machine Shoulder Press: 25s each side x12x12x12
Lat raise: 10s x12x12x12
Front raise: 10s x12x12x12

Ball Crunch 3x12
Leg Raise on Capt chair 2x12

ChristyLaurenPoole
06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
yeah we are going to find out. But that will be at my next scan @ 20 weeks unless they are able to see something now. To get a 3d scan you have pay out of pocket 100% and they are only done at certain centers so I think we'll be sticking to regular BW pics for now!!

My getting dizzy has more to do with baby sucking up all my blood supply for it's own growth and leaving mommy with none!! I'll take a look at the powerade. Does it have artifical sweetener? I've been staying away from those.

Oh wow you have to pay out of pocket, of course you do, they always have to find a way to pull at your heart strings / drain your wallet! HA! Well I hope the scan goes great and I can't wait to hear!

I'm not sure about the sweetener in the powerade now that you mention it, might have to investigate that!

BTW, I keep seeing a TON of 'mothers to be' at my gym lately and every time I think of you! I'm really proud of you guys for taking the upper hand and remaining healthy during your pregnancy! Too many girls just 'give up' and use it as an excuse to get obese. Its sad bc they are only doing a disservice to their babies.

You just keep rocking mama!

LisaRD23
06-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks Christy. I really can see how easy it is to fall out of your gym routine though. I missed a few days last week b/c I was concerned about the dizziness and wanted to talk to my doctor. Then there are sooo many times I just feel so exhausted after work that I really do just want to go home- - instead I just do a 1/2 assed work out.

I think changing up my schedule to 3 days training is going to help me not fall into that rut. Like yesterday I was really tiered all day. I good thing it was only a cardio day and not a lifiting day. So instead of going to the gym I went home, then walked outside at the track. My walked turned into 4 laps, 2 walking & 2 jogging. If it were a back to back lifitng day I probally would've just went home.

I had my scan this morning and everything is looking good. I'm measured at 12 weeks +5 days (puts me 1 day ahead). Heart beat is strong, and they checked baby's brain & stomach development and everything is on track.:)

Here's a little peak!!

LisaRD23
06-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Friday Back & Bi's
Low Cable Row- 50lbs x12x12x12
Close Grip Pull downs- 55lbs x12x12x12
Bent over bb row- 55lbs x10x10x10
DB Shrugs- 25s x12x12
BB Curls- 35lbs x12x12x12
Seated DB Curls- 15s x12x12x12
Hammer Curls- 15s x12x12

Glute Kick Back Machine- 30lbs x12x12 (since I have to go light on squats & ham string exercises I'm trying to work glutes directly 2x per week)

Ball Crunch 3x12
Leg Raises 2x12

katt981
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Love the baby pic!! I have to tell you, now that I'm older, I absolutely LOVE being a 'nana'.... take them, spoil them and give them back.. totally understand where my mom was coming from..lol

ChristyLaurenPoole
06-04-2011, 12:09 PM
whoooo hoo on the baby pic! HOW AWESOME AND AMAZING IS THAT!

Is this your first child? I forgot....

Don't even think about missing a workout, the FIRST thing is rest and recovery. I changed my training to 4 days a week too and its the best thing in life. Makes you feel more 'normal'.....cardio only days are nice, especially when its just low intensity steady state. A nice walk with my dog and I'm set. =)

LisaRD23
06-06-2011, 09:58 AM
2nd child. My daughter just turned 14....so really I feel like i'm doing it all for the 1st time. It's been sooo long plus my circumstances are completely different.

ChristyLaurenPoole
06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
2nd child. My daughter just turned 14....so really I feel like i'm doing it all for the 1st time. It's been sooo long plus my circumstances are completely different.

OMG there is a 14 year differance!? LOL....Thats nuts, but at least you'll have free babysitting? ;)

Sunnyday
06-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Free babysitting FTW! My oldest is only 10...still waiting for her to get to the point that we could leave her alone with the toddlers. The moment can't come soon enough!

And yay on the baby pic! I nicknamed my first 2 kids based on the way they looked in their first ultrasound pics, btw.

When you get to the halfway mark, I think you need to start counting weeks in reverse, like for contest prep. ;) Could be fun!

LisaRD23
06-07-2011, 10:15 AM

LisaRD23
06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Yup...that's right...I have a babysitter!! My husband likes it even more b/c when his "little girl" wants to hang out on friday nights he thinks he can trap her home to take care of baby. he's freaking out at the day she comes come with hearts in her eyes!!

So last night I had a good workout. I made alot of mental notes during it that I'll update at the end.

Legs
leg Press- two 45s x10x10x10
V-squat- two 25s x12, two 35s x12x12
Hack Squat- two 25s x10x10x10
Glute Kick Back- 30lbs x12x12
Standing Calves- 60lbs x12x12x12
Seated Calves- 20lbs x15x15

Notes: So, I've been rotating squats w/ leg presses. Last night I realized I may only have a few more weeks where I can do leg presses on the free weight machine. My belly is starting to poke out and it's going to get difficult brining my knees all the way down. There is a seated leg press machine where I am sitting more up right instead of in that tilted back position- I'll give that a try soon.

I Like the movement in the V-squat machine, it hit mu hams really good and I like the guidance the machine gives me. This will be good for when my balance starts to shift.

My joints are getting rather sensitive. I could've gone heavier on the Hack Squats but I started feeling my knees a bit on the 2nd set.

I like the glute kick back machine. I allways considered this one of the "girly" machines:p but I feels my buns a little tight/sore since throwing them into the mix last week. Hopefully this will keep the mush tush at bay!!

Weight this moring: 123lbs

ChristyLaurenPoole
06-07-2011, 01:16 PM
It boggles my mind to read 'weight 123' and 'mush tush' in one post. LOL

stephaniewicked
06-08-2011, 05:51 AM
I LOVE the booty blaster machine. It's good to hit that spot right back there. I like to use it as one of the finishing moves at the end of a ham/glute session...

Aww, the baby bump is coming... hope we get to see pix!!

LisaRD23
06-08-2011, 09:42 AM
It boggles my mind to read 'weight 123' and 'mush tush' in one post. LOL

Key point to remeber here is that I am only 4'11, not much room to distrubute that weight!!

I LOVE the booty blaster machine. It's good to hit that spot right back there. I like to use it as one of the finishing moves at the end of a ham/glute session...

Aww, the baby bump is coming... hope we get to see pix!!

Yes I have been loving it!! Best part is that since i'm short, when I'm bent over the pad it only reaches the bottom of my chest instead of being in the middle of my stomach. So it looks like I can keep this in for a while. I also have an ankle strap to use on the cables, so I'll be throwing in some standing leg curls, and kick backs in too!!

Funny, it seems that the baby bump has just appeared out of know where. Literally like one day to the next you can see a bump. I thought I had just woken up really bloated...but it hasn't gone away:)

Tuesday
hit the track last night for cardio. It's going to be in the 90's the rest of the weeks and that's just too hot for me to be out, so I took advantage of the low 80's last night. Wasn't too bad. There was a nice shade on most of the track by the time I got there.

So- 6/400m laps , 3 walking/3 jogging (every other one)

ChristyLaurenPoole
06-08-2011, 01:05 PM
OH BABY, YOU ARE SHAWTIE! LOL, cute!!!!!! Ok, mouth = shut. ;)

LisaRD23
06-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Wednesday, I skipped the gym and went home. I was feeling very sluggish all day and did not have the energy for weights. We went out to dinner then took a short walk around the neighborhood untill the mosquitoes started attaching us.

Thursday I was still a bit off, but ok to get my workout in.
(Chest/tri's/Shoulders)
Incline Press on Smith- +20lbs x12x12x12
Flat Press on Smith +30lbs x12x12x12
Bar Push downs- 22.5lbs x12x12x12
Reverse Pushdowns- 17.5 x12x12x12
OH DB Ext- 25lbs x10x10x10
DB Shoulder press- 20s x10x10x10
Lat Raise- 10s x12x12x12
Reverse Pec deck- 25lbs x12x12x12

Ball Crunches- 3x12
Chair Leg Raises- 2x12

I didn't sleep too well last night so I don't know about the gym tonight, it all depends on how I feel when I get out of work. I've been sooo busy that I am mentally exhausted come 5:00. I just got promoted to Assistant Vice President last month so I am really trying to NOT slack off and raise any concerns about me going on maternity leave or anything else like that. I know my boss well enough that I know that probally will never be the case...but still...

The Prodigy
06-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks Christy. I really can see how easy it is to fall out of your gym routine though. I missed a few days last week b/c I was concerned about the dizziness and wanted to talk to my doctor. Then there are sooo many times I just feel so exhausted after work that I really do just want to go home- - instead I just do a 1/2 assed work out.

I think changing up my schedule to 3 days training is going to help me not fall into that rut. Like yesterday I was really tiered all day. I good thing it was only a cardio day and not a lifiting day. So instead of going to the gym I went home, then walked outside at the track. My walked turned into 4 laps, 2 walking & 2 jogging. If it were a back to back lifitng day I probally would've just went home.

I had my scan this morning and everything is looking good. I'm measured at 12 weeks +5 days (puts me 1 day ahead). Heart beat is strong, and they checked baby's brain & stomach development and everything is on track.:)

Here's a little peak!!

YAY!!! That is what I was waiting to see!!!!

LisaRD23
06-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Friday
Back/Bi's/Glutes

Saturday
30 min cardio

Sunday
House cleaning...ugh:mad:

LisaRD23
06-14-2011, 09:36 AM
YAY!!! That is what I was waiting to see!!!!

Can't wait for my 20 week ultra sound. I get to find out if we're on team pink or blue.

LisaRD23
06-14-2011, 09:44 AM
So I had a decent workout for not getting much sleep this past week. I don't know what's up, there's allways something bothering me. I'm in desperate need of an adjustment that I will hopefully get on Saturday, I hate the sound of the air conditioner, the birds outside my bedroom window drive me crazy...ugh...I need a coocon to sleep in!!

Anyway, hit legs last night.

Squats- 95lbs x10x10x10
BB SLDs- 45lbs x12, 50lbs x12, 55lbs x12
Standing Leg Curls-sing leg (ankle cuff on cables) 12.5lbs x12x12x12
Leg Ext- 50lbs x12x12x12
*Super set*
Glute Kick backs- 30lbs x12x12
Lunges- x12x12 (body weight)

Standing calves 60lbs x12x12x12
Horizontial Calves 40lbs x15x15

LisaRD23
06-20-2011, 11:27 AM
last week was a bust week with work and all the end of year school stuff for my daughter. i got all my training in, but skipped here and there on cardio. Oh well...

This week going to be another crazy week. 8th grade graduation on Wed evening, then doctor on Thursday evening, so there goes 2 night of my week already.

I'm 15 weeks today and feeling okay. The tieredness is the only thing that's really kicking my ass. I'm still waiting for this 2nd trimester "boost of energy" I keep reading about, I think it's just a myth:dunno:

stephaniewicked
06-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Glad to hear everything is going well... aside from the usual amount of craziness! ;)

LisaRD23
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Love the avi Steph. You remind me of the movie Flash Dance with those leg warmers!!

Monday- took a rest day from gym, but I did walk 30min at lunch. I'm right on the water so it's a great spot. I have my Old Navy Fit Flops under my desk for my lunch breaks:p

Tuesday- Legs
V-Squat Machine +70lbs x12x12 +80lbs x12x12
DB SLDs- 25s x12x12x12
Pile Squat- 25lbs x12x12x12
Seated Single leg Ext- 25lbs each side x12x12x12
Lunges- 2x12 (no weight)
Standing calves- 60lbs x12x12
Seated calves- 20lbs x12x12

My weight seems to have leveled off a bit. I gained 10lbs in the first trimester, but I have now been pretty much the same weight for the past 3 weeks (123.5). I think the rapid increase for the 1st few weeks was not only my growing body (I think my boobs weigh 5lbs each right now..lol) but also the change in my diet. I previously was only eating carbs at about 2 meals per day, 3 meals the max depending on the day. So with having to increase carbs to practically every meal- my body was not used to that. Now that my belly is starting to show, you can tell that's pretty much the only part of my body (besides boobs) that's getting bigger. My hips feel like they are widening, but not really getting "fat". I don't have preggo face yet either.

So there's a quick body update:) Tonight I have my daughter's 8th grade graduation at 6:30. I'm leaving work at 4pm and will hopefully get to the gym for 30min of cardio, then will rush home to help her get ready.

The Prodigy
06-22-2011, 11:22 AM
I am actually wondering with implants if they affect breast feeding. Any ideas? If you are able to breast feed with implants do they droop afterwards?

LisaRD23
06-22-2011, 11:58 AM
I am actually wondering with implants if they affect breast feeding. Any ideas? If you are able to breast feed with implants do they droop afterwards?

I spoke with my P/S about this before I got my implants in 2009. The chances of still being able to breast feed are high, it will mainly depend on how much milk my body will produce. For instance, I've know women (without implants) who were able to BF thier 1st child, but weren't able to BF thier 2nd b/c thier body just didn't produce.

I also did not go through the nipple, which can damage nerves, so I skipped that risk.

The chances of droopping will #1 increase with the amount of weight I gain and #2 may or may not happen, every women will be different #3 treat my boobs as I would treat my belly. So make sure I moisturize to help with the elasticity of the skin.

The advise I was given was to not get pregnant within 1 yr of surgery b/c the chances of droop will be less.

Now- with a breast reduction, your chances of being able to BF will drop significantly b/c so much breast tissue is removed. My cousin was not able to BF b/c of this even though her breast remained quite large after reduction.

stephaniewicked
06-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Haha, thanks!! ;)

And congratulations to your daughter... wow, she's gonna be in high school in September. Can you believe it??! My sister is heading off to college in August and I'm still in shock. She's MY "baby".

LisaRD23
06-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Ugh...wher do i start? First off, my daughter's graduation was great. She received high honors and was awarded the Presidential Academics Excellence award for maintaing above a 3.5 GPA for the complete 3 years of middle school. She was inducted into the Jr. Honors Society and was given an award and selected to be part of ROGATE. She also had taken her SAT's last month and scored a 1350. Cant wait to see what she does in High School.:)

My doctos appointment last week was great, it was sooo funny! The doctor had a hard time reading the baby's heart beat because it kept moving around and wouldn't stay still. We would hear the heart for like 5 seconds, then hear a "swish", doc said was a kick, then she had to start moving the doppler around again to find the baby. We went through this a few times before she could get a good read. Heart beat was 150 BPM. She was like "wow, this is a very active baby..."

My week was totally thrown off but it was good. Can't wait to get back to a normal schedule this week.

On another not so great note, my younger sister (20) is pregnant. This normally would be a pretty cool thing, but it's not. It's a bad situation, I don't belive she's doing right, and I feel that this baby she is carrying is not her top priority. I'm not trying to sound selfish but if she doesn't get her shit together then I want nothing to do with her or her pregnancy. She thinks it's "so cute" that we are pregnant together...it's not cute.

katt981
06-28-2011, 12:17 PM
wow - you're daughter just slam dunked for SAT's!! And not even in high school yet? What does she want to major in next year?? Does she have any idea what she wants to do as a career yet?

lol on the activity of your baby - I guess you'll be keeping fit just running around after he/she is born and walking. ;)

Sorry about your sister, 20 is really young to have a baby. I don't know if you even realize what it entails at that age, but I guess she'll find out pretty quick.

Glad your training is going good so far. Reading the prior posts, I have to agree I really like the v-squat machine at our gym. It just kills my quads.

ChristyLaurenPoole
06-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Ugh...wher do i start? First off, my daughter's graduation was great. She received high honors and was awarded the Presidential Academics Excellence award for maintaing above a 3.5 GPA for the complete 3 years of middle school. She was inducted into the Jr. Honors Society and was given an award and selected to be part of ROGATE. She also had taken her SAT's last month and scored a 1350. Cant wait to see what she does in High School.:)

My doctos appointment last week was great, it was sooo funny! The doctor had a hard time reading the baby's heart beat because it kept moving around and wouldn't stay still. We would hear the heart for like 5 seconds, then hear a "swish", doc said was a kick, then she had to start moving the doppler around again to find the baby. We went through this a few times before she could get a good read. Heart beat was 150 BPM. She was like "wow, this is a very active baby..."

My week was totally thrown off but it was good. Can't wait to get back to a normal schedule this week.

On another not so great note, my younger sister (20) is pregnant. This normally would be a pretty cool thing, but it's not. It's a bad situation, I don't belive she's doing right, and I feel that this baby she is carrying is not her top priority. I'm not trying to sound selfish but if she doesn't get her shit together then I want nothing to do with her or her pregnancy. She thinks it's "so cute" that we are pregnant together...it's not cute.

Congrats on your daughter. So I'm kind of confused, she took her SAT's for college already and she scored a 1350!? And shes not even in high school yet!? That's unreal. My SAT scores were terrible. LOL Yet I got a 3.7 in college so I dunno how all that really works. I hate standardized testing! blah!

You baby is working out inside so it can pop out fit just like you ! BOOM BOOM POW!

Ok onto the serious note. I am so sorry hun. That sucks, because you WANT to be happy for her and share the moment, but when you know that its not 'right' its hard to be genuinely happy for her. In a way I completely understand that you want to remove yourself, but in other as the future aunt, you might want to stick around bc it sounds like the babe might need a good mother figure like yourself in the picture...

LisaRD23
06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
wow - you're daughter just slam dunked for SAT's!! And not even in high school yet? What does she want to major in next year?? Does she have any idea what she wants to do as a career yet?

lol on the activity of your baby - I guess you'll be keeping fit just running around after he/she is born and walking. ;)

Sorry about your sister, 20 is really young to have a baby. I don't know if you even realize what it entails at that age, but I guess she'll find out pretty quick.

Glad your training is going good so far. Reading the prior posts, I have to agree I really like the v-squat machine at our gym. It just kills my quads.

My daughter joined the Media Academy in HS for the fall. She takes all her required classes, plus gets to take media classes and see if she has an interest in that.

Well I was younger than her when I had my daughter, but I didn't get pregnant on purpose.

Congrats on your daughter. So I'm kind of confused, she took her SAT's for college already and she scored a 1350!? And shes not even in high school yet!? That's unreal. My SAT scores were terrible. LOL Yet I got a 3.7 in college so I dunno how all that really works. I hate standardized testing! blah!

You baby is working out inside so it can pop out fit just like you ! BOOM BOOM POW!

Ok onto the serious note. I am so sorry hun. That sucks, because you WANT to be happy for her and share the moment, but when you know that its not 'right' its hard to be genuinely happy for her. In a way I completely understand that you want to remove yourself, but in other as the future aunt, you might want to stick around bc it sounds like the babe might need a good mother figure like yourself in the picture...

Well SAT's now have 3 parts so instead of highest score being 1600 it's now 2400. These scores don't count for college. She will get take SATs again Jr. year. These scores help her get placed in Honors classes and she can start taking college level classes for credit her Sr. year.

With my sister it's just hard. She's in a bad situation b/c she's choosing to be in one. My mom did NOT kick her out and she living in a shit hole with a bunch of shit heads and is now acting like a shit head herself.

Sunnyday
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow, so much going on in your world!

Super happy for you that you've got such an active little one in the oven! That is always such a good feeling.

Congrats on your daughter's academic accomplishments! That is awesome, and we all know doesn't happen without great role models in her life. ;)

Sorry about your sister. My husband's niece is 9 months along and a similar situation. The family just had a baby shower for her. Hard to rejoice when you know the rest of the family will probably have to step in and be parents to the kid because the natural mom isn't mature enough to make wiser choices.

LisaRD23
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks Sunny...the drama is just too much sometimes. I guess we'll just to wait and see what happens. One thing I already told my husband, and I hope this doesn't make me sound like a complete bit#h, I do want any type of "double baby shower". I told him if my mom even comes up with the idea, he has to tell her that it's not going to happen. I just don't see #1 how I can enjoy my own knowing her situation and #2 If the low lives she's associating with are invited, then that's going to be a major problem for me.

So ANYWAY...on to other things!!!

My daughter is going to be voulenteering at the public libary over the summer. She loves the libary so that's pretty cool and she started training for cross counrty track with some friends for the fall team. I ran CCT my freshman year too:)

Monday- I had a good leg work out. I just have to keep reminding myself that even through I feel good I can't over do it. So I force myself to stop before I get tiered.

BB Squats- 95lbs x10x10x10x10
BB SLDs- 55lbs x12x12x12
Extensions- 55lbs x12x12x12
Kick backs on low cable pully- 12.5lbs each leg x12x12
Seated Calves- 25lb plate x12x12x12x12

Tuesday- Hit the track for cardio. I did 7 laps: walk/jog/walk/jog/walk/jog/walk
I'm so glad that I have still been able to take my cardio out side. By the time I hit the track, it's still warm out but 1/2 the track is shaded so I've been okay.

Sunnyday
06-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Agreed! NO to the double baby shower! That would just be wrong, wrong, wrong IMO.

I ran track in HS too. Sprinting and long jump. Some of my fondest HS memories.

It can sure be tough not pushing yourself in the gym - sort of like before a competition but for a longer time. Weights & reps still look good and it is still a solid WO, FWIW. :)

LisaRD23
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Wednesday
chest/shoulders/tri's

Incline press on smith- +20lbs x10x10x10
HS Iso Lateral Press Machine- +20lbs x10x10x10
Machine shoulder press- +25lbs each side x10x10x10x10
DB Lateral Raise- 10s x12x12x12
DB Bent over rear delts- 10s x10x10x10
OH Cable ext- 20lbs x10x10x10
Cable Push downs- 20lbs x10x10x10
Reverse Push Downs- 15lbs x12x12

Skipped abs last night. I felt and saw my stomach contracting during the over head exercises so I decided to not add any extra direct ab work in.

Irrelevant side note: I have officially retiered all g-strings and thongs for the time being. They just look ridiculous. Not very cute when thongs start to roll down b/c of widening hips and my expanding ass. So in attempt to still be some what of a sexy mamma....I DID NOT opt for the granny panties, or the maternity panties that are bigger than my head...I'm rocking seamless boy shorts instead. I picked up 5 for $15 from Annie Sez last week in really cute colors and patterns.:) Oh...they are also very comfty!!

The Prodigy
06-30-2011, 11:21 AM

Does your sister realize the responsibility associated with a baby? What does your parents think?

katt981
06-30-2011, 11:42 AM
my step daughter actually had THREE baby showers with her first.. it was total overkill. One for my side of the family, one for her side of the family and one for her friends... geez

Good call on not opting for those granny panties... those are not attractive on ANYONE! :no:

LisaRD23
06-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Does your sister realize the responsibility associated with a baby? What does your parents think?

yeah she knows. My mom has taken care of kids in the house for as long as I can rember, so my sister has seen a 1st hand account on the way things are. She also knows that I had my daughter at an even younger age than she is now. She knows all I do is work and consider my family...I just don't get it. The people she lives with belives in abusing the system, and has somehow implanted in her head that she will get what she needs from the government...but yet she lives with them and still calls my parents for money for food.

My dad is pissed, and refuses to give her any $$ while she is living with another family. Plus she hasn't been working and her so called "man" doesn't work either. So he feels that if you are not at least trying to do for yourself, then he's not going to give his hard earned money.

My mother on the other hand likes to live in La,La Land too. So while she is concerned for the health of the baby, she's not one with much of a backbone either. You can only do so much for your children. Sometimes it does takes letting them fall on thier face so they can learn the lessons of life.

my step daughter actually had THREE baby showers with her first.. it was total overkill. One for my side of the family, one for her side of the family and one for her friends... geez

Good call on not opting for those granny panties... those are not attractive on ANYONE! :no:

geeze!! the family couldn't combine and throw 1 shower? I know there is talk here at work about throwing me a shower...which I really don't care either way then just the family one. But they will be two completely different things.

Lol...on the grannies!! My husband would probally catch a heart attack if I came to be wearing those. He was trying to convience me to just buy bigger thongs!!

Sunnyday
06-30-2011, 03:51 PM
yeah she knows. My mom has taken care of kids in the house for as long as I can rember, so my sister has seen a 1st hand account on the way things are. She also knows that I had my daughter at an even younger age than she is now. She knows all I do is work and consider my family...I just don't get it. The people she lives with belives in abusing the system, and has somehow implanted in her head that she will get what she needs from the government...but yet she lives with them and still calls my parents for money for food.

My dad is pissed, and refuses to give her any $$ while she is living with another family. Plus she hasn't been working and her so called "man" doesn't work either. So he feels that if you are not at least trying to do for yourself, then he's not going to give his hard earned money.

My mother on the other hand likes to live in La,La Land too. So while she is concerned for the health of the baby, she's not one with much of a backbone either. You can only do so much for your children. Sometimes it does takes letting them fall on thier face so they can learn the lessons of life.

geeze!! the family couldn't combine and throw 1 shower? I know there is talk here at work about throwing me a shower...which I really don't care either way then just the family one. But they will be two completely different things.

Lol...on the grannies!! My husband would probally catch a heart attack if I came to be wearing those. He was trying to convience me to just buy bigger thongs!!

Couldn't agree more with your dad! :yep: Some people just meet with some hard circumstances but are willing to work HARD to pull themselves out but still need a helping hand to get them through. I'd support that type. The flips side, no way, not one thin dime. :no:

Agreed on letting your kids fall on their faces once in a while. It is sooo hard to do that as a parent but sometimes it is the only way some kids will learn a hard lesson.

I went for the bigger thongs myself. :) My husband would cry if I ever brought home granny panties!

ChristyLaurenPoole
06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
I used to HATE thongs, then once I tried them, I would NEVER go back to 'full coverage'.....lol little random trivia for ya'll. HAHAH

stephaniewicked
07-01-2011, 03:46 AM
Wow, I missed out on so much in here.

1. Congratulations to your daughter. You must be so freakin' proud of her!! What an accomplishment... what a smart cookie and a dedicated student!

2. Woohoo for the baby being a wild one... you guys are gonna have your hands full once he/she gets here! ;)

3. Veryyy sorry to hear about the situation with your sister. That's not ideal at all if she thinks this is all some fun little game. Bringing a baby into the world is serious business and not to be taken lightly... especially not if she's surrounding herself with shitty people and putting herself and the baby's health and safety in jeopardy. That's definitely not something you need to be stressing about right now while you're trying to take care of yourself and your own family... :(

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeh, I mean. I'm a moderately financially stable 27 year old, and I feel like raising a puppy is a big deal....a BABY.......forget it! lol

The Prodigy
07-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeh, I mean. I'm a moderately financially stable 27 year old, and I feel like raising a puppy is a big deal....a BABY.......forget it! lol

I am researching puppies as we speak! Thongs, babies....this is an interesting journal to hang out in!! LOL!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I am researching puppies as we speak! Thongs, babies....this is an interesting journal to hang out in!! LOL!!

OHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT KIND!? If you need help let me know! I got mine off the internet! Believe it or not! But you have to BE super super super careful!

LisaRD23
07-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Lol...thanks for the drama, baby, and thong support ladies :p!!

I had a pretty low key weekend. Friday I left work early & we went to see Transformers 3 then my town had fire works at night. Sat. was running around doing erands and squeezed in the gym between groceries & laundry. I am so annoyed that it rained like ALL day on Sunday! I was planning on going to the pool and attempt to catch some sun, but that didn't happen. Oh well...it was a good excuse to make a dent on the couch all day:)

I haven't seen or heard from my sister...so who knows what she's been up to. You know, I have enough of my own stuff going on to worry about all that drama.

Anyway- we have our family vacation comming up in about 3 weeks, and I'm exicted about that. I also have my next ultra sound right before we leave so I should find out of we're on team blue or team pink before we go. Which will be coll b/c we'll have the whole week to talk about it.

LisaRD23
07-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Tuesday
30min brisk walk during lunch hour
After work- legs
V-Squat- machine +70lbs x10x10x10x10
Pile Squat- 25DB x12x12x12
Seated Leg Curl- 50lbs x10x10x10
Leg Ext- single leg 25lbs each x10x10x10
Horizontial Calf machine- 60lbs x12x12x12

Side note: Baby sites needs to come up with a different way to measure baby's growth besides comparing baby to fruit. I couldn't each peaches for a week, last week I really wanted an orange but couldn't bring myself to peel it, and last night while cooking dinner I started crying while cutting an onion b/c this week the baby is supposed to be the size of a red onion!! i can't take this anymore.....:hypno:

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-06-2011, 12:55 PM
ha ha ha your hormones are getting the best of you sillybean!

stephaniewicked
07-07-2011, 04:10 AM

Haha, agreed... that's really cute though!

Where are you guys going on vacation? And when are we gonna see some baby bump pics?? :)

LisaRD23
07-07-2011, 09:51 AM

You have no idea.....

Haha, agreed... that's really cute though!

Where are you guys going on vacation? And when are we gonna see some baby bump pics?? :)

We are going to Split Rock Resort in Lake Harmony, PA. It's about 30min from the Poconos, you probally know where it is. The last time we stayed at Mt.Airy they got us to take a time share tour of the place and we really liked it- but NOT to buy.

They've renovated the whole place so it has an indoor water park, bowling, movie theater, mini golf, arcade, indoor & outdoor courts, swimming lake, out door pool, etc... I really like it b/c if we get stuck with a rainy day on vacation we still have tons to do. I'm going to be brining my cousin's daughter with me so my daughter has a buddy for the week.

I actually do need to take some updated pictures. I took a 6 weeks belly shot, and a 12 week belly shot. I was supposed to take the 16 week one last week but kept forgetting. I'll post up my "Progress" pictures once I get the new shot in.
---------------------------------

Last night I went straight home afterwork. It was a long day and I just felt burnt. It was a cardio day anyway and I did get in a 20min walk at lunch so no biggie there.

Here's what my diet looked like yesterday

1- 1/3c oatmeal with 1/2 banana & almond milk, plus egg whites & 1yolk
2- 1c plain greek yogurt w/ fresh strawberries
3- grilled chicken w/ vetable quinona & 1 green apple
4- 1 hard boiled egg & 1 slice trader joe's complete protien bread w/ nat PB
5- 1 cup skim milk
6- brown rice w/ red beans & steak

My daily diet pretty much looks the same every day. I don't plan my meals on the weekend though.
I switch up meal 3 & 6 depending on what I'm in the mood for and what I cook for dinner. For dinner I eat the same protein source I cook for the family and just cook my own grains or I'll have extra veggies if I don't have an appitite which does happen sometimes. When I lift, I'll add a scoop of whey to my milk in meal 5 and make a shake with some fruit.

and yes....sometimes some extra snacks do make thier way in:p

LisaRD23
07-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Thursday Chest/shoulders/tris
Incline press machine- 45lbs x10x10x10
Pec Fly Machine- 25lbs x10x10x10
HS Shoulder Press- +50lbs x10x10x10
DB Lat Raise- 10s x12x12x12
DB Front Raise- 10s x12x12x12
DB OH Ext- 20 x10x10x10
Rope Push Downs- 25lbs x10x10x10
Dip Assist -50x10, -60x10, -70x10
Stanind Calves- BW x15x15

LisaRD23
07-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Friday
30min cardio
15min on Precor Cross ramp
15min on elliptical

Saturday Back/Bis/glutes
Lat Pull down- 55lbs x10x10x10x10
V handle Pull down- 55lbs x10x10x10
Low Cable Row- 50lbs x10x10x10
Modified low back on low cable- 55lbs x10x10x10
^for this I position myself as if I'm doing a deadlift, keeping back flat and arms straight- almost like a seated DL

BB Curls- 30lbs x10x10x10x10
Compound set- Alternate DB Curls & Hammers- 15s x10x10
HS Preacher Curl Machine- 15lbs each arm x12x12

Glute machine- 30lbs x12x12

Ball Crunch x12x12

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-09-2011, 11:48 PM
GLUTES! Great job Lisa!

Sunnyday
07-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice work, Lisa!

LisaRD23
07-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks girls:)

So the new questions as of latley has been "will I compete again after having this baby?" My husband, family, and even my trainer has brought up the question. My honest answer is "I just don't know..."

If I do, it will be untill at least 1yr from birthdate. I am not going to add the stress of loosing pregnancy weight to stepping on stage, plus I'm not going to miss time out of my baby's 1st year b/c I am beating myself to death to get on stage for 10min.

The other thing is, I just don't know how I feel about competing anymore. Even though every show I continue to come in better and better, last summer I just didn't feel the fire after the show was over even though I came in 2nd place. Sometimes I wonder WTF the judges are thinking when they score...and every year it seems the politics involved over shadow all the ass busting the competitors go through.

katt981
07-11-2011, 11:54 AM
yeah, you never know how they are going to judge.. even we are surprised at some of the comps where we're saying "Yeah, she's got this" and 'she' comes in 3rd..

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Thats why I want my first show to be far far far away from here. . . LOL

LisaRD23
07-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Monday- legs

Squats on smith- +60lbs x10x10x10x10
DB RDL's- 25s x10x10x10
Seated ext- 55lbs x10x10x10
Standing cable kick backs- 7.5lbs per leg x12x12
Calves on leg press- 65lbs x12, 80lbs x12, 95lbs x12
Steated Calves- +20lbs x15x15

...and today I feel completely wiped out. I seem to allways be more tiered the next day after training legs. I guess it takes more out of me than any other work out. I'm thinking of moving legs to end of the week so I have the weekend to recover. I think the main thing with legs is that after I get home from the gym I'm still standing for about another 2 hours while I get dinner ready, pack my food for the next day, showe etc... I get home at about 7pm but don't sit until almost 9pm.

MrsSims
07-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks girls:)

So the new questions as of latley has been "will I compete again after having this baby?" My husband, family, and even my trainer has brought up the question. My honest answer is "I just don't know..."

If I do, it will be untill at least 1yr from birthdate. I am not going to add the stress of loosing pregnancy weight to stepping on stage, plus I'm not going to miss time out of my baby's 1st year b/c I am beating myself to death to get on stage for 10min.

The other thing is, I just don't know how I feel about competing anymore. Even though every show I continue to come in better and better, last summer I just didn't feel the fire after the show was over even though I came in 2nd place. Sometimes I wonder WTF the judges are thinking when they score...and every year it seems the politics involved over shadow all the ass busting the competitors go through.

Your Journal is Very inspiring.. I just went through it since I just joined very recently and I must say that to be pregnant, and continue training and staying on track is very motivating. I wish you the best of luck during your pregnancy and will continue following! I saw this post and it reminds me of how I felt at my last show.. I don't understand the way the judges score the Southern States down here in FL, but i'm sure its no different than any other state show in the US. I actually knew the guy who won the overall and he explained to me that the men that won were already chosen even before prejudging began. The show didn't seem fair and didn't make sense because the women (last year) had the pre-judging and Finals all at the same time.. It was super weird. So by the time I got on stage, I was waiting for 11 hours, which took the fun out of the competition aspect and I just wanted the show to be over with, since I was napping, waiting for our class to be up.. It was extremely stressful and instead of enjoying myself after the show, I just wanted to go home and go to bed :(.. Hopefully next time around will be different.. but it seems like most have the same opinion that these shows can definitely be VERY political!

LisaRD23
07-12-2011, 04:02 PM
thanks Mrssims...I'm trying!! I know that as I get further along it's going be more difficult to keep up on a regular gym schedule so I don't want to slack off now. latley when I have to choose between skipping weights or cardio I ditch the cardio. I know I'll drop any fat I gain, but trying to rebuild the muscle will be the hardest for me so maintaining that is my priority.

I just wish I'd see more pregnant women being fit and active...a side from just walking...hell I'd like to see more women in the free weight area period!! I go to a VERY commercial gym so besides my normal gym crew who knows me & my husband I allways have some idiot staring at me like I have 3 heads when I'm in there lifting anything heavier than a 10lb dumbell...especially now that my belly is becoming more and more noticeable, people look at me like :hypno:

Sunnyday
07-12-2011, 09:44 PM
If it's any consolation, Lisa, I have a friend at my gym who is due in September and still killing it with the weights. What's even more inspiring is that this is her 6th kid. Because of all the work she does to maintain her muscle (like you) she leans out crazy fast once she gets back postpartum. And ya, people who don't know her look at her all weird but those of us who know her and know bbing know she is one of the few who is doing it right. :)

LisaRD23
07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
If it's any consolation, Lisa, I have a friend at my gym who is due in September and still killing it with the weights. What's even more inspiring is that this is her 6th kid. Because of all the work she does to maintain her muscle (like you) she leans out crazy fast once she gets back postpartum. And ya, people who don't know her look at her all weird but those of us who know her and know bbing know she is one of the few who is doing it right. :)

Send her to my gym!!:p
I swear even my husband acts like he wants to stick me in a bubble sometimes!!

I skipped cardio last night, I was just too dam tiered by the time I got out of work. However....I just got this new prenatal pilated DVD so I did 20min of that when I got home.

I got to work a little late this morning too b/c I just did not want to get up. When I finally did get my ass out of bed I was moving like a turttle to get ready. I did make a nice breakfast though, and even took a picture:)

Oatmeal Blueberry Pancake

GirlyMuscle
07-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I wanna see the baby belly. :D

LisaRD23
07-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Okay..it seems that I will NEVER remember to transfer my pics from my camera at home so I took the cell to the bathroom here at work :)

I am 18 weeks

LisaRD23
07-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Wednesday
Chest/Shoulders/Tris

HS Incline press- 20lbs each side x10x10x10
DB Flyes- 15s x10x10, 10s x12
DB Shoulder press- 20s x10x10x10, 15s x12
Bent Over DB rear delt- 10s x10x10x10
Side/Front raise compound sets- x10x10
DB Upright row- 10s x12x12
Machine OH Ext- 25lbs x10x10x10
Rope Push Downs- 12.5lbs x10x10x10

Food yesterday:
1- 1/3c oatmeal w/ blueberries & unsweetened vanilla almond milk, egg whites + 1 yolk
Extra snack when I got to work- Piece of banana bread I made
2- 1c greek yogurt w/ handfull of Kashi Go lean crunch mixed in
3- brown rice w/ veggies & grilled chicken
4- 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice trader joes complete protein bread & 1tsp PB
5- 1c skim milk w/ 1 scoop whey & 1 whole banana
6- 6oz Outback Special Steak w/ sweet potatoe and veggies
^^^I was craving a steak (that I didn't have to cook) so hubby and I picked up a 12oz and shared it. My daughter ate grandma's

I have monthly Dr's check up tonight after work, then I'll be able to schedule my ultra sound for next week tomorrow morning.:)

Sunnyday
07-14-2011, 03:35 PM
18 weeks already! Wow, time is flying by with this baby. For you I'll bet it just seems to be dragging though.

Ya, wish I could send the other expecting mom over to ya for a while. I saw her on the stepmill today just kicking butt and pouring sweat. Helps that her husband is the loudest lifter in the gym, too. I mean everybody knows when he hits a PR and I just love that. :) It is super-motivating to be around them when the two of them are working out.

I feel your pain about family members wanting to put you in a bubble, too. My husband was fine, the rest of my family freaked that I was swimming a mile a day plus weights at 38 weeks, and that was the exact DAY I delivered my middle child, btw ;). By the 3rd pregnancy, they left me alone and/or I just stopped hearing their comments.

The women on both sides of my family all marvel, though, at how quickly I lose the baby weight. At my 6 wk postpartum checkup, I am usually about 6-8 lbs. over my normal weight. And they don't believe me when I tell them it's because of the regular exercise DURING the pregnancy. They think I starve myself when they're not looking, LOL!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-15-2011, 04:24 PM
omg you look so cute!!!!!!! I know I can't believe how fast time is flying! Do you feel like its going fast, or are you ready already?!

LisaRD23
07-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Sunny & Christy- lol you both pretty much said the same thing. Time really isn't dragging too much/ I mean yeah I feel like I've been pregnant forever already, but I really didn't start to "feel pregnant" or start really showing until I was about 12-13 weeks. So once I started looking pregnant it felt more real. Not getting morning sickness was surely a big PLUS!!!

Sunny- my husband isn't too bad. He likes that I've kept up my routine but I feel that deep down he's really just going above and beyond taking care of me as if in an attempt to make up for being somewhat of a jerk off during my last pregnancy. I mean we were teenagers so I do not hold it against him- but I know he feels bad that I had such a hard time back then so now he just wants to make sure that I am 100% okay and that there are no problems.

The other night he was like- you looked good at the gym, except for your belly you don't look pregnant...5 second pause...are you sure you should be squatting? You might be squishing the baby!

I really don't tell the rest of the family what I do. They ask me if I'm still working out and I'm like "yeah I am". They ask me if I'm eating, and I say "sure" I eat 6x a day....Then I just cut the conversation.

LisaRD23
07-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Duh...forgot my regular update.

Friday was back & bi's. I took Saturday & Sunday off except for some short walks around the neighborhood. I had planned to go the gym on Saturday for regular cardio, got dressed and everything, but I was procrastinating and we ended up watching Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 1 on DVD then we went to the movies to see part 2.

I hit legs last night, after next week while we go on vacation i'm to take the week off from lifting then when I start up the following week I'll be moving legs to the end of the week. I had planed to do that this week, but figured i'd just wait until we got back.

On Monday I'll be going for my ultrasound at 8am and will find out pink or blue, then we'll hopefully be on the road by 11am to Lake Harmony.:)

MrsSims
07-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Wo Hoo!! Hey Hey Girlie! Glad to see that your pregnancy is going well.. with No morning sickness? Thats definitely a plus! I hope your ultrasound went well this morning and your weekend also! Have a wonderful trip and please keep us posted on your workouts.. I'm so excited for all you mamas out there, with your training.. You've proven that it CAN be done, and staying on track is possible even while pregnant!! P.S. You look soooo lean in your pics, the only thing popping out is your little belly! I hope thats how I look in 10 yrs from now, when we get pregnant! :):):)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-19-2011, 03:03 PM
It would be cool for you to do progress pics in a bikini! So we could see how your pregnancy goes and like along with your training to see that it CAN be done and people don't have to get FAT

MrsSims
07-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Totally agree Christy!! She would put those prego excuse-makers to shame!! My bff gained over 70 pounds with each of her 2 pregnancies, and now she regrets it because of all the loose skin and stretch marks. Lisa is lucky to have the knowledge and will power to be able to stay on track with dieting and training! You are a perfect example my friend! ;)

stephaniewicked
07-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Yayyy, almost time to find out the baby's sex! That has to be an exciting milestone in a pregnancy!! I don't know how people go without finding out. I'm all about surprises, but that's a big one... if/when I ever have kids, I definitely would want to know in advance! Have you had an ultrasound where you see the baby's face yet? My cousin had some when she was pregnant and it's so freaky crazy how advanced technology has become and how you can see what the lil dude or chica looks like while they're still in utero (that's the right term, right?? lol)

Anyway... glad to hear things are going well. You look absolutely fantastic mama!! :flowers:

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Totally agree Christy!! She would put those prego excuse-makers to shame!! My bff gained over 70 pounds with each of her 2 pregnancies, and now she regrets it because of all the loose skin and stretch marks. Lisa is lucky to have the knowledge and will power to be able to stay on track with dieting and training! You are a perfect example my friend! ;)

Right!? I mean....I would hate to gain weight again, its almost a fear. I'm 155 now, when I was 145 last month and I'm freaking out. I'm not going an higher, but I'm just staying the same bc I'm not super head strong back in the game yet. Plus, if she did that we could make like one of those photo flip book things for the baby! =) This is you in my belly! hahehehehahahah

Yayyy, almost time to find out the baby's sex! That has to be an exciting milestone in a pregnancy!! I don't know how people go without finding out. I'm all about surprises, but that's a big one... if/when I ever have kids, I definitely would want to know in advance! Have you had an ultrasound where you see the baby's face yet? My cousin had some when she was pregnant and it's so freaky crazy how advanced technology has become and how you can see what the lil dude or chica looks like while they're still in utero (that's the right term, right?? lol)

Anyway... glad to hear things are going well. You look absolutely fantastic mama!! :flowers:

I totally agree, there is NO WAY I could wait, I'm such an anal planner!!!! I'd want to have all the right 'stuff' so if its a girl or boy I have that kind of stuff! lol

LisaRD23
07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks girls. However it looks like my go-go-go- spirit may have sidelined me for a few days :(

Tuesday was a cardio day for me. it was way to hot outside to go to the track so I took to the treadmill instead. I got 30min done- invervals of 5min walking 3min jog.

It was all great untill about 8pm. My back felt a bit tight when I was done so when I got home in popped in my Prenatal Pilates DVD and did the 10min flexability segment for some stretching. Well...by 8pm I could not put any weight on my left leg b/c when I did I got a huge pinch in my hip that shot down right to the bottom my left booty cheek. I then woke up at 3am b/c my other leg was falling asleep. I woke up my husband and he helped me walk around the house and massaged my leg. All the while I was still in tremendous pain on my left side.

I called out of work and went to see my chiropratcor 1st thing in the morning. Seems that I have a pinched sciatic (sp?) nerve which is making my gluteus minimus work harder and is knotting up the muscle. So my only relief was a slight adjustment and I've been applying ice to my left hip and booty cheek.

I'm back at wotk today and I do feel better, but I am very stiff an uncomfortable.

LisaRD23
07-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Wo Hoo!! Hey Hey Girlie! Glad to see that your pregnancy is going well.. with No morning sickness? Thats definitely a plus! I hope your ultrasound went well this morning and your weekend also! Have a wonderful trip and please keep us posted on your workouts.. I'm so excited for all you mamas out there, with your training.. You've proven that it CAN be done, and staying on track is possible even while pregnant!! P.S. You look soooo lean in your pics, the only thing popping out is your little belly! I hope thats how I look in 10 yrs from now, when we get pregnant! :):):)

Nope, aside from the ocassional inigestion & heart burn I have not gotten sick at all. I think keeping up with my eating habits really helped with this. I did have to increase my carbs sooner than I thought b/c it helps to absorb some of the stomach acid...but eating every 2-3 hours helped to keep my stomach calmer. On the days I just didn't feel like eating and would skip a meal, a noticed that I would start to feel sick. Also- not eating crap helped to not give my digestive track any extra work.

It would be cool for you to do progress pics in a bikini! So we could see how your pregnancy goes and like along with your training to see that it CAN be done and people don't have to get FAT

Well my bikini's look absoultley ridiculous on me so you probally won't see any of those pictures!! But I have been taking progress pictures in gym clothes, so once I get them all lined up I'll post up a few. I'll be in a bathing suit next week to while on vacation so I'll put up a picture or two.

My body is deff changing, but I don't feel "fat". I noticed a dimple on my ass and pretty much freaked out, but when I saw my thighs still looked smooth I calmed down a bit:)

Totally agree Christy!! She would put those prego excuse-makers to shame!! My bff gained over 70 pounds with each of her 2 pregnancies, and now she regrets it because of all the loose skin and stretch marks. Lisa is lucky to have the knowledge and will power to be able to stay on track with dieting and training! You are a perfect example my friend

70lbs!! Wow. I'm not getting crazy about the weight at all. So far I've gained 15lbs and I'm okay with that. I'm not even in maternity clothes yet. I just have tops in a bigger size and I have belly bands for my pants. I'm hoping to gain no more than 30lbs...but again I know I'm being healthy so as long as I stay active, the numbers aren't going to drive me too crazy.

I found out with my daughter, so I HAVE to find out with this baby too. it's not just the planning, but I feel I can bond more when I know HE or SHE is kicking me. Plus I want to start planning the baby's room etc... It's so much fun when you know.

You're talking about those 3d scans. We considered getting them done but insurance doesn't cover and they are about $300. I'd rather put the $300 towards something the baby needs.

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Ugh, that really sucks about your back. I can so relate (tho I'm not preggers!!! So I imagine that is MUCH WORSE) But I am ALWAYS having issues with my back, sometimes I get afraid to push myself at ANYTHING!!!

Awww, I so feel for you hun! I just know how its feels to have that nerve pinched! Hang in there an soon it will pass!

I am so sure you look f'ing cute as a button in your bikini so you just stop right there!!!!

I used to be on the baby train, but now I'm not really sure WHEN that whole thing will happen for me, but in time. AND WHEN I DO, I'm going to rock the hell outta my bikini! ! ! ! haha ha! BUN IN THE OVEN OUT AND ALL! ! !

you rock girl, can't wait to know the sex and the NAME! ! !

Sunnyday
07-21-2011, 11:51 PM
OW! Sorry about the pinched sciatic nerve. I'm too familiar with that in pregnancy. Happened with my first and I was in AGONY! Ice and massage and rest brought it back to baseline for me. Then I got regular adjustments at the osteopath every 2 weeks postpartum until my joints started to harden up again. I swam regularly with my other 2 pregnancies and it never returned.

You CAN keep your weight gain reasonable, and I know you will. Even though you are temporarily sidelined the fact that you are exercising regularly and eating healthy will keep you from going overboard. If I can do it in all 3 pregnancies, anyone who exercises can. :)

I found out gender with my first, but when it came to babies 2 and 3, my husband wanted to be surprised. I couldn't stand waiting that long. So out of respect to him, I told him I would find out and keep it to myself...and I did...with my next 2 pregnancies. It was great knowing and I just never talked about it. My husband got his surprise on delivery day and it drove the rest of my family nuts. Win-win!

LisaRD23
07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Ugh, that really sucks about your back. I can so relate (tho I'm not preggers!!! So I imagine that is MUCH WORSE) But I am ALWAYS having issues with my back, sometimes I get afraid to push myself at ANYTHING!!!

Awww, I so feel for you hun! I just know how its feels to have that nerve pinched! Hang in there an soon it will pass!

I am so sure you look f'ing cute as a button in your bikini so you just stop right there!!!!

I used to be on the baby train, but now I'm not really sure WHEN that whole thing will happen for me, but in time. AND WHEN I DO, I'm going to rock the hell outta my bikini! ! ! ! haha ha! BUN IN THE OVEN OUT AND ALL! ! !

you rock girl, can't wait to know the sex and the NAME! ! !

I honeslty thought I'd have baby #2 at least 3 years ago, then we got side tracked and wrapped up with the other crap life threw our way. But this year we finally decided F-it!! If we were able to make it work when we were teenagers then we know we can make it work now.

When mommy time hits you'll know:)

I'll try to see if I can get on here during the week to let you gals know the results.

OW! Sorry about the pinched sciatic nerve. I'm too familiar with that in pregnancy. Happened with my first and I was in AGONY! Ice and massage and rest brought it back to baseline for me. Then I got regular adjustments at the osteopath every 2 weeks postpartum until my joints started to harden up again. I swam regularly with my other 2 pregnancies and it never returned.

You CAN keep your weight gain reasonable, and I know you will. Even though you are temporarily sidelined the fact that you are exercising regularly and eating healthy will keep you from going overboard. If I can do it in all 3 pregnancies, anyone who exercises can. :)

I found out gender with my first, but when it came to babies 2 and 3, my husband wanted to be surprised. I couldn't stand waiting that long. So out of respect to him, I told him I would find out and keep it to myself...and I did...with my next 2 pregnancies. It was great knowing and I just never talked about it. My husband got his surprise on delivery day and it drove the rest of my family nuts. Win-win!

Oh girl this really does suck!! I'm sitting here now at work with an ice pack on my ass!! I feel better, but I still get a pinch every now and again. The owrst part is I don't know what actually made it happen, since I didn't do anything different, so I don't know what to avoid to prevent it from happening again. We have a pool at our gym but I honeslty don't know how often they even clean it so I'm weary about using it.

I wouldn't be able to keep the secret from my husband! How did you do it? I would have been calling baby "he" or "she" all the time instead "the baby"

Sunnyday
07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
OW! I can totally feel those pinches all the way over here. You may never know what's causing them. Could just be your spine changing shape with the pregnancy.

With the gender thing, I just didn't talk about it - at ALL! If you never speak about it to ANYONE (including strangers) then it's not as hard as you might think. Also I knew how important it was for him to be surprised, so I wanted to respect his wishes. I just wanted to know for me, not to tell anyone, anyway. :)

LisaRD23
07-29-2011, 06:46 PM
So I just got back from PA this afternoon. The weather was so-so but we had a good time. My avatar is an updated pic. I'm going to make that tankini s-t-r-e-t-c-h :p

I already look like a bowling ball smuggler...check it out!!

LisaRD23
07-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I swear I have pregnancy ADD...anyway. We had a good time. I felt like I had ZERO alone time with my husband, even though we brought my cousin's daughter with us so she and my daughter could hand out together. We were in kid central all week.

I'm glad I have a 2nd week off from work to catch up on some rest. Other than walking and some swiming I took the week off from any training. My husband went down to the resort gym a few times, but I decided togive my back a break b/c it was still hurting on Sunday and Monday morning before we left.

Oh yes....and we did have our ultra sound on Monday morning before leaving and....IT'S A BOY!!! I'm not surprised at all. I really "felt" this was a boy and he's a wild one too!! He was really putting on a show for us during the ultra sound. Wiggling around and rolling from one side to the other. Very cute!!

katt981
07-29-2011, 07:25 PM
WOO HOO A BOY! How fun! Any names picked out yet?

and... you do that tankini well...LOL

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-30-2011, 01:38 AM
CONGRATS!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LITTLE MISTER!!!! I WONDER IF HE KNOWS HE HAS A FAN CLUB!?!??!?!? ;)

ps----------that bowling ball pic is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO flipping CUTE! :hmn:

LisaRD23
08-01-2011, 10:44 AM
WOO HOO A BOY! How fun! Any names picked out yet?

and... you do that tankini well...LOL

Lol...thanks. I tried the 1 piece I had bought to wear in the Bahamas in May. I was able to get it on but it was very uncomfotable. I felt like I was wearing spanx or something. Lol...

We've been talking about names and have settled on two right now. But we decided that we do not our dear family's suggestions on names so we are going to keep the name to ourselves.

CONGRATS!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LITTLE MISTER!!!! I WONDER IF HE KNOWS HE HAS A FAN CLUB!?!??!?!? ;)

ps----------that bowling ball pic is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO flipping CUTE! :hmn:

LisaRD23
08-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Well I started to reply to you Christy but got distracted and then couldn't the post anymore....:mad:

Anyway, little man is starting make me feel like I am going to have my hands full with him. i don't remember feeling this much movement this early with my daughter. I'm 21 weeks today and I started feeling light flutter movements by 16 weeks. Now I feel kicks and wiggles with no question. He also seems to become very active at about 12am...nice!!!

So I am off from work for the 2nd week this week. I have my daughter's back to school physicals scheduled and just plan on being home for most of the week. We have a town pool I might hit up later on this afternoon. I can't seem to stay in the sun to long anymore even with wearing SPF 80, so I might just take advantage of that and get the twilight passes at 4pm which are cheaper anyway:)

I took all last week off from lifting so I am about to get ready to head out to the gym in a few mintues. It'll be nice to we my work out in early, and while the gym is not packed. I'll be hitting back & bi's today and then moving legs to later in the week. I've been wanted to do that for a while.

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-01-2011, 11:15 AM
I heard the pool is like the BEST exercise for being pregnant? YOU LOOK so super cute in that bathing suit!=)

Sunnyday
08-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Woo hoo! Just 19 weeks out! :D My first was a girl and 2nd a boy and I never would've guessed there was so much of a difference, even as babies! It took me the rest of my 2nd pregnancy to deal with the fact that I wasn't having a girl and just fell in love with my boy from the moment he was born. After my boy, I wanted another boy ('cause it is soooo much easier!), and had to come to grips with having a girl, LOL! Now I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Funny how that works.

LisaRD23
08-01-2011, 01:58 PM
I heard the pool is like the BEST exercise for being pregnant? YOU LOOK so super cute in that bathing suit!=)

It is!! I loved being in the pool while away. My gym has a pool but I don't want to get in it. The water allways looks rather questionable. So hopefully I can do the outdoor pool a bit more fequently for the rest of the summer.

Woo hoo! Just 19 weeks out! :D My first was a girl and 2nd a boy and I never would've guessed there was so much of a difference, even as babies! It took me the rest of my 2nd pregnancy to deal with the fact that I wasn't having a girl and just fell in love with my boy from the moment he was born. After my boy, I wanted another boy ('cause it is soooo much easier!), and had to come to grips with having a girl, LOL! Now I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Funny how that works.

Time is flying!! Although I do think I'll probally go in a week or 2 early, so I'm going to prepare for that!

I was secretly hoping for a little boy. So it was nice to find out that we are deff having a boy. My husband and I kept looking at all the little boys while we were on vacation. The wild ones, the calm, the daring and of course the brats:p

-----------------------
Just got back from the gym. Going early and not having to drag my ass in after working all day really does make a difference.

Low cable row- 45lbs x10x10x10
Fixed pull down- 40x10, 45x10, 50x10
Lat Pull down- 55lbs x10x10x10
EZ Bar Curls- 30lbs x10x10x10
Alt DB Curls- 15s x10x10x10
Hammer Curls- 15s x10x10
Reverse Curls- 20lbs x10x10

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
LOL. I swam a lot in college and I was a life guard all my teen years....but Its sucks bc all the pools around here always look 'questionable' as well. . . hahah

I found this pic and SO thought of you!

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-03-2011, 12:18 PM
OK, if you do not have this yet, you HAVE to get it! ! ! !!

Good gift from the Husband I think! ;)

shankuan
08-03-2011, 03:19 PM
OK, if you do not have this yet, you HAVE to get it! ! ! !!

Good gift from the Husband I think! ;)

It takes YOU CLP to find these things!! This is just too cute though seriously cute!!! :yep:

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-03-2011, 04:40 PM
It takes YOU CLP to find these things!! This is just too cute though seriously cute!!! :yep:

I've said it a million times....MY bank account is LUCKY I only have a dog to spoil HAHAHAHA!

LisaRD23
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
hahaha...those are cute Christy!! There actually is a t-shirt he wants to get that we were waiting to confirm it was bout first. I have to find a picture, but it's a picture of a baby baseball player who looks like he's still in the womb.

Tuesday
30min cardio- 20min on elliptical/ 10min walk on treadmill.
I also made it to the pool yesterday afternoon.:)

Wednesday
Chest/shoulders/tris
Press machine- 30lbs x10x10x10
Pec Fly machine- 25lbs x10x10x10
DB Shoulder press- 20s x10x10x10
Font/side raise combo- 10s x10x10x10
Bent over rear delt row on smith- +15lbs 10x10
Cable push downs- 30lbs x10x10x10
OH DB Ext- 20lbs x10x10x10
DB Kick Backs- 10s x10x10

LisaRD23
08-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Found it!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-04-2011, 08:17 AM
yesssssssssssssssssss!

Sunnyday
08-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Too cute!

LisaRD23
08-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Today did not feel like a vacation day!! I spent the afternoon running from pediatrician to dentist back to lab for blood tests for my daughter. All this to prep for back to school and getting her sports papers in order.

Then I spent hours in both Walmart & Kohls trying to find some bra's. I don't want to spend too much $$ on new bras, and I am having such a hard time trying to find something comfortable. I was looking at the nursing bra's but it won't make sense to get those right now in case I grow more, which I am sure I will. Underwire bra's are VERY uncomfortable for me right now, and all the wireless bras just look so blah...or don't fit right. I really hate my boobs right now. They just feel huge and sloppy.:thumbsdown:

Today is supposed to be a cardio only day but I am exhausted from the running around and all the doctor's offices. I'm going to do 20-30 minutes of my prenatal Pilates DVD instead. Hopefully the stretching and slow movements will help me feel better.

LisaRD23
08-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Back to work today...:cry: I swear I wish I could start maternity leave now!! Even my husband noticed that I was more rested and looked more alive by the time he saw me after work.

So had an ok weekend. I skipped the gym on Friday since hubby left work early so he could come home and hand out with us. We bought some sandwiches and had a little picnic down at the piers then went home and watched a movie. I also got started on the baby registry:)

Saturday I hit legs in the morning then we went "down the shore" and hund out on the board walk for the afternoon.

Sunnyday
08-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Hang in there, Lisa. Just 18 weeks out. Treat it like a contest prep if that helps. I found some inexpensive, seamless (and very comfortable) sports bras at TJMaxx recently. Don't know if that would help for now. I also had a lot of luck with these...

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

The nursing camis are super comfy and I wore them from about 20 weeks out and then for my first 12 weeks postpartum. They are very forgiving with size, as are all their other bras.

stephaniewicked
08-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Congratulations, mama!!!! A little boy... have you started thinking about names yet? I know some people don't like to reveal the names on their list until they meet the baby and see what "fits"... :) This is getting exciting!!!

Sounds like you're busy! Wish I had time in the next few weeks... I'd love to meet ya down the shore one day. I've only gone ONCE this summer, WTF! I need some beach and boardwalk time before this season is over...

stephaniewicked
08-10-2011, 04:41 AM
We've been talking about names and have settled on two right now. But we decided that we do not our dear family's suggestions on names so we are going to keep the name to ourselves.

Oops, JUST saw this! Hehe :o

LisaRD23
08-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Hang in there, Lisa. Just 18 weeks out. Treat it like a contest prep if that helps. I found some inexpensive, seamless (and very comfortable) sports bras at TJMaxx recently. Don't know if that would help for now. I also had a lot of luck with these...

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

The nursing camis are super comfy and I wore them from about 20 weeks out and then for my first 12 weeks postpartum. They are very forgiving with size, as are all their other bras.

I'll check those out! I also have a TJ Maxx near work so I'll venture over there sometime during lunch this week. One my major problems is that my belly is high, so the band of my bra drives me crazy too. I just bought a size 38 just to have the extra room!!

LisaRD23
08-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Congratulations, mama!!!! A little boy... have you started thinking about names yet? I know some people don't like to reveal the names on their list until they meet the baby and see what "fits"... :) This is getting exciting!!!

Sounds like you're busy! Wish I had time in the next few weeks... I'd love to meet ya down the shore one day. I've only gone ONCE this summer, WTF! I need some beach and boardwalk time before this season is over...

Oops, JUST saw this! Hehe :o

Lol...we actually were thinking on just holding on to the two names we picked and wait until baby is born to decided which name we should choose.:)

Don't feel bad, I've only been down the shore 1x as well, and it wasn't even for the beach. Since this weekend I think it's been about 3 years since I headed down. Last time the Grand Prix was in Toms River I didn't even bother going to SeaSide the next day, we just drove back home.

LisaRD23
08-10-2011, 10:08 AM
So my 2 weeks of tranqulity came to an abrupt end by Monday afternoon. I decided to run out to Trader Joe's during lunch and I got into a minor car accident in the parking lot! This stupid lady tried to cut me off on the right while I was about to pull into a parking spot. I mean who cuts people off in a parking lot? She couldn't just wait for me to pull in...or better yet if she was in such in a rush pass me on the left where there was NO CARS!!!

Baby and I are fine, the impact wasn't hard at all. I didn't let the cop who came to the scene call an ambulance, but I did call my OB right away and left work to go get checked out. Everything was fine. I was more upset than anything else.

I'm just so upset. Like I really need to deal with police reports, insurance compaines and car repairs right now. To top it off I JUST got this new car at the end of March!!:mad:

I stood home after I left the doctor and skipped the gym, I was too worked up. I did make it in last night though and hit back/bi's & abs

shankuan
08-10-2011, 12:34 PM
So my 2 weeks of tranqulity came to an abrupt end by Monday afternoon. I decided to run out to Trader Joe's during lunch and I got into a minor car accident in the parking lot! This stupid lady tried to cut me off on the right while I was about to pull into a parking spot. I mean who cuts people off in a parking lot? She couldn't just wait for me to pull in...or better yet if she was in such in a rush pass me on the left where there was NO CARS!!!

Baby and I are fine, the impact wasn't hard at all. I didn't let the cop who came to the scene call an ambulance, but I did call my OB right away and left work to go get checked out. Everything was fine. I was more upset than anything else.

I'm just so upset. Like I really need to deal with police reports, insurance compaines and car repairs right now. To top it off I JUST got this new car at the end of March!!:mad:

I stood home after I left the doctor and skipped the gym, I was too worked up. I did make it in last night though and hit back/bi's & abs

OMG!!! I'm happy that you and baby are fine! whew!! That sucks, i mean really, i never get someone doing that! That sucks you having to deal with repairs to a new car, but better the car than you!

I hope you had a restful night and the workout helped you shed the effects of your upsetting encounter...and get a good night's sleep (if the munchkin allowed). Here's to a better UN-upsetting, productive and great day :beerbang: (imagine this as a hot cup of tea instead of beer :) )

Sunnyday
08-10-2011, 03:10 PM
OW! Sorry you have to go through all that right now. As if there is a "good" time to have someone cut you off in a parking lot and wreck your car, huh? Glad to hear you and the baby are OK.

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-10-2011, 05:54 PM
First off let me say how happy I am that you two are ok! That is whats most important.

I hate other people on the road, they are all so retarded, that I've actually learned to just expect the worst every time I get into my car. Its just how you have to be out here in Cali.

Hopefully the process won't be too stressful on you and it'll be a breeze, the worst part is just usually the wait for the repair shop if you only have that car. Hopefully your insurance will give you a rental for free!

Next, Uhm, can I have an invite to your baby registry? I think you should post it up here in your journal! ;)

LisaRD23
08-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Last night I did 30min of cardio. 20min on elliptical followed by 10min walk on treadmill.

Diet was good. I'm trying to allow myself some fun while keeping control on things. This is what I had:

1- egg whites mixed with 1 yolk, 1/4c Oatmeal w/ unsweetened vanilla almond milk & blueberries
2- 1c Cottage cheese topped w/ Kashi go Lean Crunch and 1 can V8
3- Chicken lasagna with greens salad- from Whole Foods
4- 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice Trader Joe's Complete Protein bread w/ PB
5- 1 tall glass Skim Milk Plus (when I got home from gym)
6- Brown rice w/ chicken & Red Beans
Dessert:)- 1cup Rice Pudding shared with hubby.

OMG!!! I'm happy that you and baby are fine! whew!! That sucks, i mean really, i never get someone doing that! That sucks you having to deal with repairs to a new car, but better the car than you!

I hope you had a restful night and the workout helped you shed the effects of your upsetting encounter...and get a good night's sleep (if the munchkin allowed). Here's to a better UN-upsetting, productive and great day :beerbang: (imagine this as a hot cup of tea instead of beer :) )

Thanks:) it really is just more annoying than anything, esp. since this lady somehow thinks it's my fault. But I'll be getting the police report tomorrow and the officer was being VERY compasionate towards me while the lady was pretty much causing a scene. So that just gave me more creditbility.

...you know in the UK pregnant women are allowed to have the occasional drink. Like a beer or a cup or two of wine a week;)

OW! Sorry you have to go through all that right now. As if there is a "good" time to have someone cut you off in a parking lot and wreck your car, huh? Glad to hear you and the baby are OK.

You're right. There never is a right time. I haven't delt with repairs from an accident in over 7 years!! So it sucks. But my car is drivable so I am going to wait it out and make the claim for the other insurance company to pay costs up front. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

First off let me say how happy I am that you two are ok! That is whats most important.

I hate other people on the road, they are all so retarded, that I've actually learned to just expect the worst every time I get into my car. Its just how you have to be out here in Cali.

Hopefully the process won't be too stressful on you and it'll be a breeze, the worst part is just usually the wait for the repair shop if you only have that car. Hopefully your insurance will give you a rental for free!

Next, Uhm, can I have an invite to your baby registry? I think you should post it up here in your journal! ;)

Girl here in North Jersey is the same thing. I see so many stupid things on the road every day!! I get a rental covered up to $30 a day so that will work out when I send the car in.

I am SO ADDICTED to my registry!! Lol... I just started it this week and I must say it feels sooo odd making a list of what I would like as baby gifts. I am adding items as if I'm shopping myself so I look for the deals and I sort the categories from lowest price to highest...then I second guess myself and wonder if what I picked is ok.:o I was the same way with my wedding registry. I had already been living alone for 8 years so it felt wierd since I really didn't need stuff to "get started". I just needed a major upgrade on the cheap stuff I had!!

Anyway...here's the info.
There's not much clothing items on it because people can buy whatever they want for baby. I'm not picky like that:)

Store: Babies R Us
Registry #: 47275477

http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/index.jsp?_flowExecutionKey=_c62919F2F-B61F-116B-9C6C-28E8E3FF1800_k64D1F738-3A61-88CF-6CC0-9EDB2D743066&overrideStore=TRUS

LisaRD23
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Here's a candid gym shot my husband took of me on this phone while doing bi's on Tuesday night.

katt981
08-11-2011, 11:01 AM
you look so cute!!! :) Yeah I LOVE Babies R Us!! Even though I'm not buying for my kids, but for the grandkids, it's so awesome!

solo_builder
08-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I believe you should get some more rest than this
the baby needs what you eat more than your muscles
congrats anyway and I hope you both get well dec 12th ;) :D

Sunnyday
08-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Mama, you look totally adorable in that pic!

BTW, I know it's not a glamorous thing to add to your registry, but throw some diapers in various sizes into the mix so you have them when the time comes. I know no mom who doesn't appreciate a case of diapers to save her own (or her husband's) trip to the store.

Also another thing I've suggested to moms who are on their non-first baby is a maid service. Who wouldn't want to have the bathrooms cleaned and the floors vacuumed in those first few weeks?

LisaRD23
08-12-2011, 10:26 AM
So I took last night off the gym. I wasn't planning to but by 4pm yesterday I just suddenyl started feeling sooo tiered, so I went straight home after work. I'm glad I did too because by 8:30 I started feeling "funky" and had cold symptoms. Back of nose & throat feeling very dry and burning eyes. I got only about 5 hours of sleep last night because I was just uncomfortable. Still feeling funky today.

you look so cute!!! :) Yeah I LOVE Babies R Us!! Even though I'm not buying for my kids, but for the grandkids, it's so awesome!

Thanks:) I love BRU too, but sometimes I find thier items a bit over priced. I like finding the hole in the wall shops, sometimes you are surprised by the stuff you can find!!

I believe you should get some more rest than this
the baby needs what you eat more than your muscles
congrats anyway and I hope you both get well dec 12th ;) :D

My current schedule is allowing for plenty of rest. My workouts are no where near the intesity they used to be either. Plus- baby will suck everything he needs from my body and leave my muscles hungry if need be ;)

Thanks for the well wishes.:)

Mama, you look totally adorable in that pic!

BTW, I know it's not a glamorous thing to add to your registry, but throw some diapers in various sizes into the mix so you have them when the time comes. I know no mom who doesn't appreciate a case of diapers to save her own (or her husband's) trip to the store.

Also another thing I've suggested to moms who are on their non-first baby is a maid service. Who wouldn't want to have the bathrooms cleaned and the floors vacuumed in those first few weeks?

Lol..thanks. I look so ROUND!! Like if you pushed me down a hill I'd just keep rolling until I hit the bottom:p

I added a few diapers to the registry, but then wasn't sure if I should. Same thing with the clothes- I'd think that people would know to purchase these things, but I think I'll go ahead and throw some on.

Oh- the maid service...well this is where my 14 year old comes in handy. I've already had her start helping to scrub the bathroom and she sweep the floors. I'm teaching my husband how to mop "correctly" and I have my eye on one of those steam mops.

LisaRD23
08-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Still feeling a bit under the weather. My whole head feels congested. I took Friday and the rest of the weekend off from the gym. Last night I just did 30min of cardio afterwork and called it a day. I'm a bit better today so depending on what my energy levels are at 5:00 i'll decided what my gym plan will be tonight.

I got an update on my sister and her craziness. She's going to be having a girl...and she's still on the stupid tip. She continues to swear that her BF and his family are going to do all these things for her, but yet she calls my parents for $$ b/c she needs clothes. I mean seriously...

My mother "supposedly" asked her what she plans on doing once the baby is born, is she going back to school and what her child care arrangements are going to be. Again she swears that the BF's mom is going to be taking care of the baby. This makes me very nervous b/c my mother already takes care of my uncles kids (2yr old & 9month old). My sister does not seem capable of taking care of her self so I can't see her sucking it up and taking the bus to my mother's house to drop off the baby if she ends up calling my mom for child care...that's one to many kids and way too much drama to take one for someone who doesn't even know what the heck she is doing. I can see her in school for 2 months then stopping (she's done this before). I have a CAREER and a job that PAYS THE BILLS and I can't be stresses out that my childcare arrangements are going to get screwed up b/c of her drama. This is starting to make me very concerned.

katt981
08-16-2011, 10:15 AM
ugh, sorry you are dealing with this - sometimes family just don't 'get it' until it too late. Reality will hit sooner than your sister wants it to. Bummer.

As far as the gym, I think at this point it's more important for you to be totally better for both you and the baby before you wear yourself down farther at the gym.

MitsyKnox
08-16-2011, 10:29 AM
I LOVE seeing pregnant women in the gym! Good for you to keep up the training! And good for your baby too! Congrats:)

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm so glad that you're doing awesome and that you're still allowing yourself to 'enjoy things' will keeping healthy for you and the little man on the way! I mean, I would hate to be pregnant and just have to stay at home and do nothing, and sadly a lot of woman do that! I think I would be 'nervous' to train with weights, like leg days....but I think doing the cardio thing would just be SUCH a great idea! I also wonder, that if you feed your baby right while its in the womb and keep your cardio up, if you're preparing him to have a better metabolism in life!? That would be something cool to look into. . . or if metabolism is figure out during their younger years?

Glad to hear that you've got a rental car sorted out! That is really a relief, but honestly, when EVER a shop says 'Oh it'll be "x" amount of weeks..." I always............ALWAYS tell people to tack a month onto that. BC I've worked in shops before and I just know how it goes.

HA HA HA I would be like that too with mine as well I think, BUT I'm also one of those 'plan ahead super doer's with things like that, so I think I wouldn't have much 'left' to add to the registry, bc I would already want to make sure I have everything I need WELL in advance! LOL. But then again I guess you could just have the baby shower like a month ahead? I wish we all lived closer bc I'd love to come and celebrate with you, plus I am an awesome baby sitter! ;)

So how does the registry work, can people buy things off line and then ship them to you? hehehe

I LOVE seeing pregnant women in the gym! Good for you to keep up the training! And good for your baby too! Congrats:)

I AGREE! There have been so many lately too! Must have been super sexy time a few months ago he he he he!

LisaRD23
08-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Love it!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes!

LisaRD23
08-18-2011, 10:13 AM
ugh, sorry you are dealing with this - sometimes family just don't 'get it' until it too late. Reality will hit sooner than your sister wants it to. Bummer.

As far as the gym, I think at this point it's more important for you to be totally better for both you and the baby before you wear yourself down farther at the gym.

I hope so. I feel like I may sound a little selfish for worring about how her crap is going to effect me, but I am worried about the baby she is having too. I could give two craps about what she decides to do with her life, but brining in an innoncent life into your mess is just not right. I had my daughter young and I had tough decisions to make. In the end I swallowed my pride and did what the best for my child.

I've been taking an "active rest" this week.
Monday 30min cardio
Tuesday off- just took a short walk at lunch
Wednesday 30min cardio

...I'm going to each day depending on how I feel by the end of the day.

I LOVE seeing pregnant women in the gym! Good for you to keep up the training! And good for your baby too! Congrats

Thanks! I wish I had a bump buddy at the gym.

I'm so glad that you're doing awesome and that you're still allowing yourself to 'enjoy things' will keeping healthy for you and the little man on the way! I mean, I would hate to be pregnant and just have to stay at home and do nothing, and sadly a lot of woman do that! I think I would be 'nervous' to train with weights, like leg days....but I think doing the cardio thing would just be SUCH a great idea! I also wonder, that if you feed your baby right while its in the womb and keep your cardio up, if you're preparing him to have a better metabolism in life!? That would be something cool to look into. . . or if metabolism is figure out during their younger years?

Glad to hear that you've got a rental car sorted out! That is really a relief, but honestly, when EVER a shop says 'Oh it'll be "x" amount of weeks..." I always............ALWAYS tell people to tack a month onto that. BC I've worked in shops before and I just know how it goes.

HA HA HA I would be like that too with mine as well I think, BUT I'm also one of those 'plan ahead super doer's with things like that, so I think I wouldn't have much 'left' to add to the registry, bc I would already want to make sure I have everything I need WELL in advance! LOL. But then again I guess you could just have the baby shower like a month ahead? I wish we all lived closer bc I'd love to come and celebrate with you, plus I am an awesome baby sitter! ;)

So how does the registry work, can people buy things off line and then ship them to you? hehehe

I AGREE! There have been so many lately too! Must have been super sexy time a few months ago he he he he!

You are so right. I'm on a pregnancy forum and I am so surprised at these women who say they do nothing and get out of breath just from minor house work. I mean hello...part of that is b/c you are out of shape. Yes, I take my time off when I need too and I admit I have days where I just don't feel like going to the gym, but I refuse to just sit and do nothing.

I wasn't too sure about training legs, or lifting weight over my head in the begining. But I just listened to my body and do what feels comfortable. I've been adding more machine work into the mix too and I normally only use free weights so it's a nice change in the training too.

Just click and ship;) Or you can take a trip out to NJ:)

Not a super sexy time...it was just cold outside so we were all looking for body heat!:p

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-19-2011, 01:13 AM
HA HA HA All good to kno! I hear you on the lifting, some people are just more conservative that others, I think if you STARTED off being in shape, you're more inclined to want to push yourself during your pregnancy, where others that were never really IN SHAPE or active think 'omg i can't do anything now I'm pregnant' and then I think there are people that say that, using pregnancy as an excuse to swell up! LOL. That is healthy for NO ONE, My fear would be that after the pregnancy, then I'd be too fat to hold my own baby! SCREW THAT!

MitsyKnox
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
HA HA HA All good to kno! I hear you on the lifting, some people are just more conservative that others, I think if you STARTED off being in shape, you're more inclined to want to push yourself during your pregnancy, where others that were never really IN SHAPE or active think 'omg i can't do anything now I'm pregnant' and then I think there are people that say that, using pregnancy as an excuse to swell up! LOL. That is healthy for NO ONE, My fear would be that after the pregnancy, then I'd be too fat to hold my own baby! SCREW THAT!

Yes I think it's amazing! And delivery should be so much easier...and your baby has reduced risk for so many health conditions because you are exercising. We are finally recognizing the benefits of exercise during pregnancy - for so long women were scared it might harm the baby. Of course in some circumstances it's not advised...but good for you! I bet your body bounces back quick! You look sooooooo great!

LisaRD23
08-22-2011, 09:54 AM

Yes I think it's amazing! And delivery should be so much easier...and your baby has reduced risk for so many health conditions because you are exercising. We are finally recognizing the benefits of exercise during pregnancy - for so long women were scared it might harm the baby. Of course in some circumstances it's not advised...but good for you! I bet your body bounces back quick! You look sooooooo great!

I've already been talking to my husband about how our schedules are going to change once baby gets here and gym time will have to be worked out. I'm an after work gym goer b/c I am just so not a morning person. But I think I'll be going early in the morning before work once little man gets here. After work I don't end up getting home until 7pm or later from the gym and that just leaves me no time. It's easier with my daughter since she's older she'll hang out in the kitchen with me while I'm cooking and getting ready for the next day. She helps and we chat, etc... But an infant will obviously need more than that, plus I don't want to leave at my mom's ALL DAY!!

Baby is not even here yet and he's taking over my life!! Lol...:)

Sunnyday
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Good for you that you are thinking ahead of how to get back into the gym before the little guy comes in and takes over. I was on a great gym schedule before my 2nd and unfortunately didn't consider what happens AFTER and in my case he DID take over my life. Took what seemed like forever to come up with a game plan to get back into the gym. By baby #3, I did like you're doing and gave it some thought BEFORE the big event and that made things a whole lot easier on everyone. :)

LisaRD23
08-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Good for you that you are thinking ahead of how to get back into the gym before the little guy comes in and takes over. I was on a great gym schedule before my 2nd and unfortunately didn't consider what happens AFTER and in my case he DID take over my life. Took what seemed like forever to come up with a game plan to get back into the gym. By baby #3, I did like you're doing and gave it some thought BEFORE the big event and that made things a whole lot easier on everyone. :)

Well, it's the "plan". Hopefully I can make it happen! I really don't like lifting extremely early in the morning. I don't feel warmed up enought and I'm watching the clock like a hawk to make sure I give myself enough time to get ready for work- so i feel as if my workouts are rushed. Hopefully I can get used to it and set up a training schedule that will be quick & efficient.

----------------------------------------------------------
So I finally made it back into the gym last night after having a crappy week last week. Over the weekend I actually finished the complete Pre-natal Pilates DVD that I have. A few segments included some light dumbell work so I pulled out my old dumbells and had a surprisingly good work out:)

Last night I hit Back & Bi's
1 arm low cable rows- 25lbs x10x10x10
Fixed pull down- 55lbs x10x10x10
Close grip w/ V bar pull down- 55lbs x10x10x10
EZ bar curls- 30lbs x10x10x10
DB Hammers- 15s x10x10x10
BB Reverse- 20lbs x10x10

katt981
08-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I've always been an early morning lifter. I think the real reason is that if I go after work, there are too many people in the weight area, which makes it hard to go from one set to the next without having to wait for the db's or bb's.... tends to make me irritated..lol.. But in the morning, we usually only have 5-6 people lifting, so it's WAY better!

And - you get it over and done with for the day! Except if you have to go back after work for cardio :)

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I am completely useless in the morning so I never know how anyone can go and TRAIN in the morning, that would kill me. I have to at least have a cup of coffee in me before I can do anything, AM Cardio is even hard. . . LOL

Sunnyday
08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
WO looked real nice! Keep it going...! :D

LisaRD23
08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
I've always been an early morning lifter. I think the real reason is that if I go after work, there are too many people in the weight area, which makes it hard to go from one set to the next without having to wait for the db's or bb's.... tends to make me irritated..lol.. But in the morning, we usually only have 5-6 people lifting, so it's WAY better!

And - you get it over and done with for the day! Except if you have to go back after work for cardio :)

I am completely useless in the morning so I never know how anyone can go and TRAIN in the morning, that would kill me. I have to at least have a cup of coffee in me before I can do anything, AM Cardio is even hard. . . LOL

Yes, the free weight area allways does look nice and empty at 6am:) I've dealt with the early morning cardio, but training is going to be a whole new monster. Thing is, at least for the 1st year I want to try to do it ALL in the morning and only do a 2x a day gym session if I HAVE to. I guess b/c of the limited time I'm going to have to decided on exactly what my goals are going to be. It seems that fat loss, and regain some muscle...with fat loss as the priority...will be my focus. The following year I'll focus on building again. I guess...who knows...I'm sure my "plan" will change like 5x times:p

WO looked real nice! Keep it going...! :D

Thanks Sunny. I can't believe how quick I've been able to get through my work outs. I've actually been home by or 7:00 pm!! Quick and effective!

Last night was just cardio: 20min elliptical 10min treadmill fast walk

MitsyKnox
08-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Okay, I realize this has nothing to do with fitness...but have you decided on a name for your son yet? Just curious. I bet you are super excited!

LisaRD23
08-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Okay, I realize this has nothing to do with fitness...but have you decided on a name for your son yet? Just curious. I bet you are super excited!

Lol...it's ok. There's plenty of room for off topic talk in here!!
We have two names picked out. We decided to just keep it between us for now. I think we are going to wait untill we see him to choose which name we will go with. Also, we are going to allow our daughter to choose his middle name.

When I was pregnant for my daughter I was going to name her Sabrina, but at the last mintue I let Javier choose the name. So, my daughter is Victoria Karen....was supposed to be Victoria Lisa (boy would have had my husband's name for the middle) but my now mother in law just happened to be in the hospital room with me when I was completing the birth certificate, I was still on blood pressure & pain meds...all of a sudden I some how got convinced to put Karen!! She will be staying very far away from me this time! I told my husband not to leave me in the room alone with ANYONE!!! Lol...

----------------------------------------------
Wednesday
chest/shoulders/tri's

Incline HS- 25s on each side x10x10x8
Pec Dec- 30lbs x10x10x10
HS Shoulder press- 25s on each side x10x10x10
DB Lateral/Front Raise Combo- 10s x10x10x10
Cable Push Downs- 20lbs x10x10x10
OH Ext Machine- 30lbs x10x10x10

Baby was kickin me the ENTIRE time I was working out! My husband said he was kicking me for motivation lol:p But feeling so much movement made me decide to skip any ab work. I just felt wierd!!

After I got home and made dinner hubby and I tokk a short walk around the block while waiting for Victoria to get home from track pratice.

LisaRD23
08-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Took Thursday & Friday off. Thursday I was just exhausted all day, so I took a 30min walk on my lunch hour and then decided to just go straight home after work. Yesterday it took me over an hour to get home with people starting to prepare for this hurricane. My office is right on the Hudson River water front so it seems that everyone who's homes are in that low area where out in the supermarkets and doing last minute errands since NYC warned of shutting down.

I'm close to the city, but there were no evacuations for my town. My surrounding towns are more of a concern and I had to put my disaster recovery plan at work into action in case my office gets hit. It's already been raining all afternoon so we'll see what Irene brings. The worst is supposed to hit over night into early morning Sunday.

We got our regular food shopping done (nightmare in the market- thank god for online ordering all I have to do is pick up!) , I went to my chiropractor, and hit the gym early today. (priorities :))

I haven't done legs in 2 weeks so I felt rather off today.
Still a good workout- - but I felt weak, I hope not to get too sore.

Legs
Squats on smith + 50lbs x10x10x10
*Standing calves in between sets x15x15x15
DB RDLs- 20s x10x10x10
Seated Ext- 45lbs x10x10x10
Seated leg curls- 40lbs x10x10x10
Glute Kick Back Machine- 30lbs x12x12
Calves on vertical leg press- 70lbs x15x15x15

katt981
08-29-2011, 12:22 PM
oh, nothing like the feeling when you've missed legs for a couple weeks - ouch! Is your office still standing?

Sunnyday
08-29-2011, 02:44 PM
OW! You must be a hurtin' mama after that AND missing legs for 2 weeks. OW!

LisaRD23
08-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Ok so Irene has passed! I lost power at about 12am Saturday night and didn't get it back untill after 3pm on Sunday. My street was fine but the cross street to get to my house was under water, so they also ended up turing off the gas lines until water went down. We got some water in the house that leaked through old windows and the A/C that's installed in the wall- that was from the wind blowing all water to the one side of my house. I was hot and uncomfortable Sunday, and also worried about food in the fridge. Freezer stuff was still cold, so we packed up the dairy items and my husband brought me to my mom's house- who lives 10min away and never lost power...go figure. Anyway, by the time he had went back to the house to collect the freezer stuff the power came back on:) Some parts of my town had more damage than others. The parking lot and track/field of my daugthers school was under water, but cleared up by yesterday morning. Surprisingly enough my office was a-ok! We had some branches who didn't have power yesterday, but no damage and we were all operational.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Legs are surprisngly not bad at all! Little tight by Sunday afternoon but no major soreness at all. Very happy about that!!

Monday- Back & Bi's
Lat pull down- 45lbs x12 55lbsx10x10
Seated low cable row- 40lbs x10x10x10 (this is starting to feel awkward, I can't pull in close enough to get a good contraction on my back,will have to stick to 1 arm rows)
Low Back pulls- 40lbs x10 (had to stop these, felt uncomfotable. My belly kept pushing on my top thighs)
Close grip pull downs (RG)- 45lbs x10x10x10
Incline bicep curl machine- 30lbs x10x10x10
Straight Bar Curl- 30lbs x10x10x10
Hammer curls- 15s x10x10x10

Abs on ball- 2x15 (kept getting kicked everytime I crunched :rolleyes:so I stopped after two sets)

The Prodigy
08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Glad to hear you are okay! Scary stuff!

MitsyKnox
08-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Glad you made it through the hurricane. I hate hurricanes!!! Yuck! Only 2 more months of the season, fingers crossed none will hit my side of the gulf.

LisaRD23
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
There are now reports of another tropical storm that storm trackers are watching. Unlikely it would hit this area again but people are now very nervous. Rivers in NJ are just starting to crest and towns that made it without any hurricane damage are now being evacuted b/c of flooding. My husband has not been able to make it into his office all week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday- Cardio
The high school track is completely dried out so I hit the track yesterday after work. Didn't feel like being in the gym for cardio.

Walked 6 laps on the track, finished with 1 set of walking lunges on the straight away.

Sunnyday
08-31-2011, 01:46 PM
^Yep, people around here are freaking out, even though it appears it will not affect us. Today is my daughter's first day of school - was supposed to be Monday. Areas south of here still without power. Grocery store shelves gonna be cleaned out of bread, milk, eggs, and toilet paper within the next 24 hours I suppose.

LisaRD23
09-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I couldn't even bother turning on the news last night. I'll worry about the weather the day I wake up in the morning:p

Wednesday- chest/shoulder/tris
HS Isloated press +30lbs x10x10x10
Pec Dec- 40lbs x10x10x10
DB Shoulder Press- 20s x10x10x10
BB Bent over rear delt row- 35lbsx10x10 40lbsx10
Side Lat Raise- 10s x10x10x10
DB OH Ext- 20lbs x10x10x10
Seated Machine Pushdown- 45lbs x10x10x10

As I'm getting closer to my 3rd trimester (I'm 25wks now) I think I'm going to switch up my training again. I started with my normal 4-day split, then 2nd tri set up a 3-day split. Now I think I'm going to set up a 3x per week full body routine. That way even if I do happen to miss 1 training day, I still will hit both upper and lower body at least twice. I didn't like going two weeks with out training legs recently. At the same time I make it into more of an endurance training session. I'll be working on setting that up sometime over the weekend and hopefully put into action in about two weeks.

Sunnyday
09-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey Lisa, I saw this and thought of you...

http://images6.cpcache.com/product_zoom/521661046v1_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

katt981
09-06-2011, 07:48 PM
^ LOL - Perfect!

shankuan
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey Lisa, I saw this and thought of you...

http://images6.cpcache.com/product_zoom/521661046v1_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

lolol! cute!

sandyfletcher
09-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Thats Perfect xD

pregnancy swimsuits (http://www.worldoftrade.com/sell/pregnancy-swimsuits.htm)

LisaRD23
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey girls:)

I have a ton of catching up to do in your journals, I hope everyone is doing well. I have been SOOOO bust latley!

I am offically in 3rd trimester today!! Time is getting close! In fact time is getting so close that during my last doctor's appointment I find out I will be starting maternity leave about 3 weeks earlier than I expected to. So that has thrown me through a loop. Work has been non stop!! My last day working is going to be Nov. 4th, I thought I'd be here untill the Thanksgiving weekend. But my daughter was born 6 weeks early, so as a caution my doc wants to send me early. She is also a big beliver in mommy getting rest before going through labor, so she typically does not allow paitents to work untill they go into labor. She will put them on medical leave 2-3 weeks before due date. I'm going to be set up with a laptop and stuff anyway, so I will be connected to work.

Anyway- work outs are still going good. I'm going to be changing to full body routines this week so I'll update on how that goes. So far I've gained 22lbs- which I am perfectly fine with. I don't feel "fat" at all. I'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy pants (with bella band). Strech marks & cellulite also has NOT made an appearance:)

katt981
09-19-2011, 10:09 PM
22 lbs is GREAT! Just around the corner now! :yep:

LisaRD23
09-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks Katt. I actually am surprised at my weight though, I got up to 20lbs fairly quickly but for the past 3-4 weeks my weight has remained steady and I have not had a major increase. In fact, I think I am the same weight I was during my last dr's visit.

Last night's workout was good. It was a bit challenging going through a full body routine, but it also felt good because it was Monday and I already hit every body part:)

LisaRD23
09-27-2011, 10:19 AM
So as the end of this pregnancy approaches, and I only have 6 weeks left of work before I start my leave things are just getting crazy and time is becoming an issue- - - I have ZERO time!!

There are just so many things I have to take care of at work before I leave, I am helping my husband organize for the baby shower (poor man needs help and if my family steps into the process they will just take over & he wants to make sure things are the way we would want them...not the way a bunch of old fashion, over exaggerated hispanic women wants it :p), top that my big baby just started freshman year of High School. She is in all honor's classes, she's running for Student Government, on X-Country track team, and is trying out for swim team in the winter. This is a sensitve time esp. considering her age and all the changes that comes with brining a new baby into the picture after 14yrs. So I have to make sure we keep a focus on her.

katt981
09-27-2011, 10:21 AM
exciting! All in all, feeling good? I know, I absolutely HATED people asking me that question when I was getting close.. LOL but I had to ask ;)

ChristyLaurenPoole
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Saw this and totally thought of you!!!! I know I've been MIA but I hope all has been well!!! xoxox

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8914/285434136zuue8ontc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/285434136zuue8ontc.jpg/)

LisaRD23
10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone. This is just a quick update. I have had an unexpected turn of events and my baby was born at 29 weeks + 3 days on September 29th.

Due to my own serious health complications I had an emergency c-section to save my life and the life of my baby. I was in ICU for a week and my baby remains in NICU. He is doing well, and has been recovering, he is a fighter.

I do not wish to get into details, I just ask that everyone one here who can be considered an RX friend, or even if you just happen to read this journal for the 1st time, please keep my baby in your prayers that he may come home soon and that he will recover 100%

Julian Gabriel born 9/29/11
3 lbs 1.9 oz & 15 inches long
he is now 3 lbs 10oz

katt981
10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
congratulations! I will certainly keep both of you in my prayers - precious little boy. A fighter just like his mom :hugme:

The Prodigy
10-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone. This is just a quick update. I have had an unexpected turn of events and my baby was born at 29 weeks + 3 days on September 29th.

Due to my own serious health complications I had an emergency c-section to save my life and the life of my baby. I was in ICU for a week and my baby remains in NICU. He is doing well, and has been recovering, he is a fighter.

I do not wish to get into details, I just ask that everyone one here who can be considered an RX friend, or even if you just happen to read this journal for the 1st time, please keep my baby in your prayers that he may come home soon and that he will recover 100%

Julian Gabriel born 9/29/11
3 lbs 1.9 oz & 15 inches long
he is now 3 lbs 10oz

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I am glad mom and baby are on the road to recovery! I will keep you both in my prayers!