PDA

View Full Version : Dog Crap or FST-7?

Colin K
02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Anyone doing either type of training style? I'm currently doing FST myself, find it good, but like any routine as long as its new to you, its tough to do.

Never tried dog crap as I have a psychological problem with low reps. :(

buster12
02-11-2009, 08:30 PM
FST-7 ! love it. Have been making great improvements this off season!

tjoe
02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
why not one for 8-12 weeks and then the other for 8-12 weeks. I would say DC first to jack up your strength and the hit FST-7 for the volume. Great mix of heavy/volume work!

bigred
02-11-2009, 08:34 PM
i like fst alot but i never tried DC

Guaresnay
02-11-2009, 08:34 PM
FST-7 ! love it. Have been making great improvements this off season!

+1! FST-7 works great for me :D

"BB2K"
02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Why not mix both? Finish off your DC training with FST-7.... FTW!

tjoe
02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I'll go one step farther and so go lo carb during the DC and the add them in for the FST-7. Those diet strategies would compliment those training ideas quite well.

v1hyp
02-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm currently on my 3rd DC blast and have had good results so far. I would recommend you give it a try!! Check this site out for good info

intensemuscle.com

JamesWebb
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I just started Razor's style HIT and gotta say i love it. get over the low rep problems and move some heavy weight

vinnyQ
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah currently I start with a Dogg Crapp movement or two and finish with an isolation FST-7 movement gains have been steady and amazing. Very taxing though you tieter on the edge of overtraining.

GrayBull
02-12-2009, 02:42 AM
I'll go one step farther and so go lo carb during the DC and the add them in for the FST-7. Those diet strategies would compliment those training ideas quite well.

Indeed they would.

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 02:49 AM
I don't think you should limit yourself to those two varieties, a better approach would be to discover the ratio of muscle fiber types in each individual bodypart, then train that muscle group precisely with the fiber type ratio in mind.

The 7 sets of 8-12 reps does not fit into every criteria for all the various muscle fiber types and subgroups, DC would probably be more effective at hitting all the muscle fiber types, the drop sets in DC training are what's truly critical to achieving full stimulation of Type I and all the subgroups of Type II muscle fiber.

"BB2K"
02-12-2009, 09:13 AM
My trainer has me on one hell of a routine right now and isnt a fan of FST-7... (maybe because he just hasnt tried this kick ass routine) i go do my 7's regardless of what he thinks of it.. i love it and love the pump i get from it. I feel it is VERY beneficial to every routine.

txmuscle
02-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I have seen a lot of improvements since i started fst-7. I think everyone should give it a try.

red barraca
02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I have seen a lot of improvements since i started fst-7. I think everyone should give it a try.

yep bump that^ ...there's nothing like it.

TheJackHammer
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM
i just started FST-7 and i got to say i like it alot. i feel great afterwards and the pump is just amazing.

orhochris
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
i didn't try fst long enough to comment on results... but I did enjoy the workouts.

I just had my third shoulder surgery... so heavy heavy lifting like dc requires is out for me. may go to the fST 7 now since they want you up heaviest at the 8-12 range and then pump up with the 7 sets for the volume...

dc i'm sure you all know generally calls for a double rest pause set of 12-15 reps... so you're doing like 6,3,3, for some sets and that weight ration with low reps is too much for my shoulder to take... I loved it for the 8 months I used it and did make tremendous strength gains with no aas/ph assistance. was stronger naturally on dc than I was with hormonal products training with a traditional 3 sets of whatever reps times 3 ex.

Nic Brunicardi
02-12-2009, 01:59 PM
I've only tried FST-7 for a short period of time, but it didn't appeal that much to me. However, I LOVES me some DC!!! :D

I think DC is so great because the key element is constant progression which (provided the nutrition is in order) will result in muscle gains without a doubt.
I think people are too concerned with DC training having to be shit heavy! I really don't find it so. Dante advocates some high rep exercises for specific muscle groups, and I'm sure if you're proned to shoulder problems, there's no law against tweaking the program, making shoulder a muscle group you'll have to work with higher reps. Like I said before, constant progression is the key, not the amount of weight per se.

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 02:21 PM
The problem with terms like 'heavy' and 'light' are that they are relative and ambiguous. Failure on the other hand, is more concise and definitive, failure is where another repetition cannot be performed in the full range of motion.

Dante specifically states that DC training is not for everyone. For the guy with the shoulder problem, you should be thinking purely in terms of getting your shoulder up to par not the hype surrounding these two popular styles of training. You'll want your shoulder at full strength to be able to get the most out of either training style, while another shoulder injury will only further hamper your progress.

Por2gue
02-12-2009, 03:47 PM
To many people don't stick with one routine long enough to give it a fair yes or no. DC is for the long haul, it's not something to be mixing in here or there, in that case it's truly not DC cause the resting isn't what it should be and your sets are way higher than DC protocol. If you wanna try out DC, then give it 100% of your focus, don't mix up other stuff with it. This is exactly what Dante is constantly repeating, when people try to mix things up and go on to say" DC didn't work for me." Just my 2

bigtimektz
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
To many people don't stick with one routine long enough to give it a fair yes or no. DC is for the long haul, it's not something to be mixing in here or there, in that case it's truly not DC cause the resting isn't what it should be and your sets are way higher than DC protocol. If you wanna try out DC, then give it 100% of your focus, don't mix up other stuff with it. This is exactly what Dante is constantly repeating, when people try to mix things up and go on to say" DC didn't work for me." Just my 2

Exactly. I have been guilty of not giving a program my full devotion. I am on DC now and will stay on.

v1hyp
02-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Give it some time at least two blast and you'll see!!!

APOSTLE
02-13-2009, 12:10 AM

Hey Bro, you seem to know this DC stuff pretty good. I read and it says that you need to be experienced to train this way. But how experienced? I started training at 17 and am almost 29, 12 years pretty serious. Would I qualify to do this DC training?

TheSpirit
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
all or nothing

Levrone147
02-13-2009, 09:21 AM
By serious I think Dante was meaning "willing" since each set is failure and beyond no inexperience bb will know what true failure is.

bigtimektz
02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey Bro, you seem to know this DC stuff pretty good. I read and it says that you need to be experienced to train this way. But how experienced? I started training at 17 and am almost 29, 12 years pretty serious. Would I qualify to do this DC training?

If you have been lifting serious for that time then you are definitely ready and capable of DC. It takes 100% devotion to really do it properly.

red barraca
02-13-2009, 11:51 AM

thank's for clearing that up,best post i seen allday

APOSTLE
02-13-2009, 12:12 PM
If you have been lifting serious for that time then you are definitely ready and capable of DC. It takes 100% devotion to really do it properly.

Thanks man, let me do some more reading on it and then decide if that is the path I am gonna follow.

v1hyp
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Its been suggested that you have atleast 3 good years of training under your belt first.

Yolo
02-13-2009, 06:04 PM

If you manage to truly go to failure as required and constantly progress, you shouldn't have a problem regardless of how long you've been training. Good luck!

irishmuscle
02-16-2009, 09:33 AM
fst is awesome never did dc,hey colin,what type of training do you do,you luck huge!!

almard
03-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Dc Training is the best.....

v1hyp
03-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Dc Training is the best.....

Yeah buddy !! :bowdown:

buster12
03-23-2009, 03:53 PM
I hate changing my answer, but I like DC much more... You cant go wrong with it. It makes much more sense too...

almard
03-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Fst-7 is for Baby's, when you grow up you go for Dc Training.........

SallyAnne
03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks man, let me do some more reading on it and then decide if that is the path I am gonna follow.

I bought Jason Wojo's DVD on DC and it helped clarify what DC really is. I did 3 blasts of DC last year and I loved it.

v1hyp
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
I bought Jason Wojo's DVD on DC and it helped clarify what DC really is. I did 3 blasts of DC last year and I loved it.

Thats just sexy,,

Mossberg
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Starting FST-7 next week

Getnbigger
01-17-2011, 09:32 PM
DC training all the way. However, you better check your motivation to grow and willingness for pain first. DC training is not about low reps as you mentioned above, it is about rest pause sets often times 15-30 reps. If you do not like the idea of painfully beating your log book I would go with fst-7.

If you commit to DC you will get bigger and stronger; significantly. But don't halfway commit, or make up your own DC style workout. Follow the plan and be ready to grow.

Conrad
01-17-2011, 09:46 PM
DC training all the way. However, you better check your motivation to grow and willingness for pain first. DC training is not about low reps as you mentioned above, it is about rest pause sets often times 15-30 reps. If you do not like the idea of painfully beating your log book I would go with fst-7.

If you commit to DC you will get bigger and stronger; significantly. But don't halfway commit, or make up your own DC style workout. Follow the plan and be ready to grow.
Exactly bud!