PDA

View Full Version : Progress

nwtrnr1
05-06-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm going for the 2012 Emerald Cup, here is an updated progress pic.

nwtrnr1
05-06-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm going for the 2012 Emerald Cup, here is an updated progress pic.

I'm trying to bulk up but still maintain some leaness, the pic is not the best , I need a tan lol. Current stats : 195lbs, 10% bodyfat. Goal for April next year 210lbs at 5% or less. I'm 44, and 5'11''. I am going to document the entire year. Since 2009 I've gone from 170lbs @ 11% so I think I'm getting closer to compete. If my finances hold up, and I can still train as hard as I have I think I'll be ready. :hypno:

masterschamp
05-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Looking thick....take your time when you cut and you should be carrying alot of muscle at contest time.

Keith

JoeB8962
05-06-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm trying to bulk up but still maintain some leaness, the pic is not the best , I need a tan lol. Current stats : 195lbs, 10% bodyfat. Goal for April next year 210lbs at 5% or less. I'm 44, and 5'11''. I am going to document the entire year. Since 2009 I've gone from 170lbs @ 11% so I think I'm getting closer to compete. If my finances hold up, and I can still train as hard as I have I think I'll be ready. :hypno:

Good luck with the finacial part of the game..this is a expensive hobby for sure!

JoeB

HeavyDutyGuy
05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Good shape and thickness! Blindingly pale- I can apply for disability after that.lol.
I hear you, the economy has just sucked. Compete if you can afford it- and you really WANT to do it. Otherwise, not worth it IMO.

mrky03
05-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Wow, you have really added a lot of muscle over the last few years! Good luck with your contest training, it is an expensive hobby but what isn't? lol

nwtrnr1
05-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Yes, definitely in need of a tan, the weather here in the NW has been much more overcast than usual thus blindingly pale lol. I'll decide for certain in 6 months just want to take my training to level where I can compete, that would be a goal that I've had since I was a kid but getting extremely fit is a goal too. One show I think would be enough just for the experience and to put on my resume as I want to eventually get into the fitness industry. I'm in an industry that collapsed and have made it through and it seems to be rebounding so well see. If I could get to the same level as you guys that would be sufficient another 10 years lol. Thanks for the props.

JoeB8962
05-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Yes, definitely in need of a tan, the weather here in the NW has been much more overcast than usual thus blindingly pale lol. I'll decide for certain in 6 months just want to take my training to level where I can compete, that would be a goal that I've had since I was a kid but getting extremely fit is a goal too. One show I think would be enough just for the experience and to put on my resume as I want to eventually get into the fitness industry. I'm in an industry that collapsed and have made it through and it seems to be rebounding so well see. If I could get to the same level as you guys that would be sufficient another 10 years lol. Thanks for the props.

I feel you Bro..like you my working world was turned upside down a few years ago when the Company I worked for was purchased by our Major Competitor. I served as Director of Purchasing and was offered to re-locate to their Main Office. Having 3 Daughters and a brand new Grandson in the area I politely declined their offer. Close to 3 figure salaries do not grow on trees here in AR so now I'm forced to work for a fraction of what I'd made in the past. But I'd put a little back along the years and this has given me the desire and time to do shows.

Oh and don't worry about your color that's why we get sprayed! lol

JoeB

nwtrnr1
05-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Some more pics taken today, I have a long way to got but training hard.