PDA

View Full Version : PFE on ALR

PFEPerformance
05-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey all -
Going to start a journal here for multiple reasons, but, primary for now is to log my experiences with ALR supps. I previously was an avid user of BI supplements and though they worked well for me, not "certain" they were completely supporting my current goals and needs along with having some pretty significant gastric and tummy issues (bloating, gas, indigestion, etc...). I'm not one to jump on supplement band wagons everytime something new comes out to wow the crowd with promises, so was semi content staying with what I knew worked. I competed in March (figure) and decided maybe time to do some research and see what may be a better fit for me. So, after a couple months and asking several questions, and doing some research, I landed on ALR. Placed my order and JUST starting as of Tuesday of this week.

I don't have another competition until October, so, in between here, looking to work on the areas that need additional work (per review of my most recent comp), put on some additional size, and get in even better/tighter shape for next comp.

ALR supps:
HumanPro - taking 5 - 4 x pd
Chained Out - 1 scoop mixed with CR upon waking
3 scoops mixed and drank throughout day
1 addl scoop on training days mixed with CR and drank pre-during- and post w/o
Chained Reaction - 1 soop upon waking mixed with CO
1 scoop mixed with CO (per above) on training days
Pro Anabol - 2 X p/d

ALREADY as of today - digestive issues and bloating GONE 100%. NO issues, tummy has flattened back out and the discomfort and gassiness is GONE!! woot-woot!! That in itself feels fantastic!!

Last nights workout (Chest and Abs) seemed to have more focus and energy going into it and throughout!

I put up some pics from most recent comp.

~Stay tuned~

cheddar cheese
05-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Hello welcome and great pics, which supp is it you take for your digestive issues?

PFEPerformance
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Hello welcome and great pics, which supp is it you take for your digestive issues?

Thank you!

I've "tried" all sorts of "crap" - digestive enzymes, motions, potions, etc... all to no relief..... switched foods around thinking food alergies, etc.... The ONLY thing I have changed currently is the switch to ALR !! Went off of all prior supps (including Whey Protein) and I am a new woman this week! Not kidding - at times I felt like I was 3 mos. preggers with a good pooch going, discomfort, gas, among "other" issues..... from Tuesday until now..... ALL completely gone with only ONE change - switch to ALR supps!

PFEPerformance
05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Sat w/o:

Legs
Exten:
90x10
80X10
70X11
60X15

Curls:
60X7
55X8
50X10
45X10
40X12
35X15

Front Squats:
95X25
95X15
85X25
85X15

Sumos
60X15 X 4
Good workout, strength and endurance steady and solid

PFEPerformance
05-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Sun w/o

Back and Delts

Bent over BB Row
90 X 12
90 X 10
85 X 12
85 X 12
SS with DB Rows
35 X 10
35 X 8
30 X 10
30 X 8

Wide Pulldown
80 X 12
80 X 10
70 X 14
70 x 13

Bar pullups
4 X 15

Shoulder Press
35# X 12
35# X 10
30# X 12
30# X 10

Front Raise with 45# Bar

Laterals
20# X 15
20# X 10
15# X 15

GREAT workout, energy and focus up....delts on fire when done!

stephaniewicked
05-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey Lorrie! So nice to see you're finally journaling here... I'll definitely be following along!

I'm a huge fan of ALR's and can't live without Humapro and Chain'd Out. Excited to read about your experience and see how you fare through your off-season and leading into your next show.

PFEPerformance
05-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey Lorrie! So nice to see you're finally journaling here... I'll definitely be following along!

I'm a huge fan of ALR's and can't live without Humapro and Chain'd Out. Excited to read about your experience and see how you fare through your off-season and leading into your next show.

Thanks Steph!! Yea....I've been putting off journaling for quite some time now....just making excuses for "not having the time" more than anything else. But, time to be accountable and have some reference material for this journey I'm on!! lol

ALR - man, not quite even a week in yet and I can't believe the difference in the digestive issues I was having!! INCREDIBLE change and ALL issues gone in such a short time!! Speaks volumes for these supps!!!

Training - haven't seen "major" changes yet....but, I have noticed a bit more focus, energy, and drive when normally I'd start running out of steam.

Don't know who all follows Dawn's thread...but, if you want some daily motivation and words to live by - she is the motivator!! Today's words were perfect for me:

May 8, 2011
pt of the day

Be daring, be different, be impractical,
be anything that will assert integrity of purpose
and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers,
the creatures of the commonplace,
the slaves of the ordinary.

And then the day came,
when the risk
to remain tight
in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
it took
to Blossom.

just friggin do it

Dawn fully reloaded
Pro card or die trying

My focus and fire are lit and the above just stirs it up!! Never be content with mediocrity!!

PFEPerformance
05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Monday May 9

Quads, Hams, and Lats all smidge sore today :lift2: Love it when I feel the effects of a great workout!!

1 week tomorrow for starting ALR supps.....
ZERO digestive issues that I have been totally plagued with in the past!

Got some new vascularity going on!

Energy is up and just "feel good"! Blue Raspberry CO is FANTASTIC....sipping on 3 scoops during workday has replaced my Diet Dew addiction for the better...LOL..... don't even feel like I need the additional cafeine now!

stephaniewicked
05-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Isn't blue razz CO the best??! I freakin' love that stuff!! I think it tastes like cotton candy! :p

PFEPerformance
05-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes - Blue Raz is the SHIT!! lol

Tuesday 5/10 Light leg day

Not sure what my "issue" was last night..... just was not mentally "there" for my training! Did it anyway and hit all on the roster to be completed....but, definitely did not have the "balls to the wall" head like I normally do....sorta sluggish and just "off"....but, guess we ALL have those days.... it's all good and training completed regardless!!

CO, CR, and HP in the A.M. pre breakfast is FANTASTIC! Seems to get me up and running, clears the morning fog, and excellent moods!!

Pre w/o
HP, CO, CR (drank part pre & remaining drank during training) TASTES AWESOME!!!!

Lt Leg Day

Extentions: 70# X 3 X 15, 70# X 1 X 12
Curls: 45# X 12 X 2, 40# X 12 X 2, 40# X 12 X 1, 35# X 15 X 1
Front Squats: All Tagging off of 12" box: 85# X 12 X 1 , 80# X 10 X 1,
75# X 12 X 1, 70# X 15 X 1
Sumo Squats with 60# DB: 4 X 15
Abs X 25 wtd off end of bench
Dips X 4 X 15

Post w/o
CO, HP....25 min....ate...TO BED! lol

PFEPerformance
05-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Thursday 5/12/11

Chest:
60# X 10 DB low incline press (up 5# from last week)
55# x 10 up 2 reps from last week
50# x 12
45# x 15

50# x 8 DB up one level/incline DB press (up 5# from last week)
45# x 10
40# x 12
40# x 15 pulled out an extra 3!! lol

Dips
2 x 15
2 x 10 Mega burn going after those! :lift2:

Abs
4 X 25 wtd crunches off end of bench

FANTASTIC workout even with gym temp being hotter than a .....!! VERY focussed, energy and strength ++ !!

ADDICTION WARNING AHEAD: lol
I am feeling so great - energy, digestion, moods, focus, strength, definition ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL improving! Obliques are back, puff belly is GONE ! Can see considerable change in digestion, focus, and energy in just a weeks time of switching to ALR!

So - lol - in "fear" of running out..... SECOND order placed to have in my "stash" when I do run out so there is no break in use....I'M HOOKED!! I cannot brag enough about ALR and the results I am seeing in such a short time and knowing this is just the tip of whats to come!

See my trainer next Saturday (Will have 3 1/2 weeks in on ALR at that point) for check in on BF, measurements, and full lifting session. Pretty stoked to see what he picks up on and what the numbers will be compared to 4/30 numbers!!

~Mediocrity is not an option!~

stephaniewicked
05-17-2011, 06:23 AM
I always fear running out of humapro and CO. I keep hp in my work bag (in case I'm ever stuck and can't get to a meal for some reason), one in my gym bag and some in my pantry... same with chain'd out! One in my gym bag and one in the pantry.

PFEPerformance
05-17-2011, 01:12 PM
LOL - Steph - Glad I'm not the only one "hooked"!!

Sat & Sun workouts were FANTASTIC!

Sat was back and delts, Sun was legs....ALL but a couple lifts are up at least 5# !! Focus is awesome and energy on Sunday was crazy....Had plenty of energy to lift heavy and hard but didn't leave completely spent and drained like previous leg days.

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with Front Squats...LOL Dread them at times and really have to mentally push....but, feel empowered when done!

~mediocrity is not an option!~

Madison
05-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Hey Lorrie!
I have been following along but not posted.
I am female also and wondering how are you liking Pro anabol?
I am trying to hold onto mass as i get into my biking season (I race bicycles in the off season) and this look like a good supplement.

Keep hitting it hard :)

PFEPerformance
05-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi Madison!

So far I'm LOVING all the ALR supps that I have chosen!! At this point, may be a little too soon to tell the full impact of Pro Anabol (I have two full weeks in), but, I will tell you I am having ZERO "bad" side effects. My goals are to stay relatively lean between shows, continue to grow (and supplement for this), and have optimal level of endurance, focus, and energy to do all of the above. To date - ONLY improvements !

This is not a statement I could make on ANY other supplement I have tried!! I'm not a supplement junkie, I don't jump on the latest greatest whatever, but I do a lot of research to find what best fits my goals and to date, have always compromised so to speak to take the good with the bad... the bad for me I can now nail down to Protein shakes (Whey) along with a couple other supps I was taking that always left me with bloating, gas, indigestion, I'm sure poor absorbtion, etc....

This is COMPLETELY gone and in turn, I have no doubt I'm getting double benefit because I'm actually absorbing and utilizing FULLY now.

For you - competing in bike races, I would imagine hanging on to hard earned muscle and endurance are TOP priority! I would suggest you do your research on Pro Anabol and come to your own conclusion, but I can tell you I have no regrets nor bad sides on any level!! It is also something you can take as a "female" that won't have a bad effect....something sometimes hard to find from other supp companies.

I will be able to give you an even better update after this Saturday....FIRST check in with trainer since started on ALR and I can compare my %'s and Lean mass to prior visit.

I would also suggest you take a look at Chained Reaction if you are looking for something to add additional support to your endurance training/events!

Hope that helps!
Take care and good luck!!
More questions, ask away!
Lorrie

PFEPerformance
05-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Update -
3 weeks in on ALR
Check in with trainer was on Saturday with full leg, back, and delt work

BF is down 1.3% and within 2.5% of comp, LMM is up a pound!!!!!!

THE ONLY CHANGE SINCE LAST VISIT (4/30) was the addn of ALR and the dropping of other Co. supps!!!!!! Amazing and I'm committed completely!

Sometimes you just have to see for yourself and be your own guinea pig to see what works for you and then find your own sweet spot to what you respond best to and/or adjust up/down...etc.... Trainer is extremely pleased and mega thumbs up to keep moving forward!

ALL lifts are up and endurance is the best it has EVER been!!!

Zero gastric/digestive issues, vascularity in arms, sleeping like a rock, training going fantastic, ALL numbers going in the RIGHT direction!!

~Mediocrity is NOT an option!

PFEPerformance
05-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Something else new - CRAVINGS are gone!! Those who know me know I'm a lil P Butter addict!! lol.... and when my BF is down, "that" craving goes up...not sure why.... last comp...4 weeks out....had to remove P Butter from the house it was THAT bad!! lol

Not just P Butter though....hunger pangs, carb cravings, etc... completely gone! Not to say I don't know when it's time to hit one of my meals, but, the in between non sense and feeling HUNGRY all the time is non existent and I'm sitting on a lower maintable BF then I ever have!

Makes me wonder if I'm having much better absorption of nutrients along with actually digesting things as they should be and not as much "waist" litterally..lol...

Makes me think my body is getting what it needs and being fed on all levels and finding a happy balance! Sort of knocking the hell out of the theory of some of my gym buddies that you have to have a "bulking" season??!!

Regardless - I'M LOVING THE RIDE!!!

dbmneto
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Good pics.

PFEPerformance
06-07-2011, 10:30 AM
OK - catching up - fell behind here for a few! Have been taking night classes for my Medic certs and haven't been able to keep up with journal. Fricken TIRED! lol

Also just realized I left my CO at home today on my kitchen counter..
.F-CK!!!! Note to self, buy an extra and leave at work!! Dam...Dam...Dam!!

Ok - nuff whining! Update:
Like I said, been working my normal 40 and taking night classes so I've missed a few workouts - have been getting two in per week vs my normal 4-5.....so that SUCKS as well and just makes me feel "0ff" if ya know what I mean?!

Had check in Sat with trainer...BF went up .5%.....have been off workouts and eating schedule...so, not as bad as I thought it would be.
Classes wrap tonight, test Fri...so, this will be behind me and will drop into full Comp Prep mode...

Good workout late last night and I have lost ZERO strength !! Quite stoked about that! Have stayed true to my HP and CO (except for today's morning brain fog!).....Obliques are very visible, back,chest, and shoulder definition is coming up! Trainer even noticed it more this week!! Woot....Woot!! He don't give compliments unless earned, so, great to know he is noticing also!!

I have been having a bit of trouble for about 5 days now with water retention - anyone have tips on what I can do to whip that - hit me with it! I have been drinking a minimum of a gal water a day...so, not that???? Not sure what's up with that!

Have a busy schedule ahead this week but will get 4 solid workouts in which always makes me feel better! Also have a Saturday morning track workout scheduled with speed drills and bleacher runs (killers - but love em!!).

Ready to get this last week behind me and shift back in to high gear with training!!!

~MEDIOCRITY IS NOT AN OPTION!!~

katt981
06-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Good luck with all your training/work/school - what a load!!

Haven't tried the ALR supps yet,,, will have to look into that. I would LOVE to get rid of my cravings.. lol :yep:

PFEPerformance
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Good luck with all your training/work/school - what a load!!

Haven't tried the ALR supps yet,,, will have to look into that. I would LOVE to get rid of my cravings.. lol :yep:

Thanks Katt!!! I HIGHLY reccomend ALR !! My cravings are non existent! Which is a LOT coming from a P Butter Addict!! lol

PFEPerformance
07-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Updates -

Training has been absolutely intense and incredible! ALL lifts continue to go up and definition is much more pronounced!

Having a bit of trouble this week with morning energy...but, it has been HOT here and my gym is "hardcore" lol...NO Air Conditioning ....last night was 98* and very muggy even with the doors open and fans running.....so, thinking I may be a little dehydrated and run down from that.

Checked in with trainer on Saturday and was holding some water (have been struggling with that for a while now and haven't figured out the cause)....but, Muscle up 2lbs and BF down another .5%...... he is extremely happy with the changes and though he wasn't overly supportive of my switch to ALR...he sure isn't complaining now!!!

Hoping to get some progress pics up sometime soon. Trainers opinion is I'm looking better now than I did for last comp and not even dieted down yet!! Oh yea!!!

Survived all my Medic classes and got that behind me and now can FULLY focus on ramping up hardcore for my October comp!!!!

~MEDIOCRITY IS NOT AN OPTION !!~

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I thought I was in on this one!? What.......OK WELL IM IN NOW! hahah

PFEPerformance
07-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I thought I was in on this one!? What.......OK WELL IM IN NOW! hahah

Welcome to my lil corner of the world Chica!! Glad to have ya!!

PFEPerformance
07-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Last night was chest......... 5 HP, mixed CO & CR on ice....off to gym

Low Incline
60# db x 12 (up!!)
60# db x 10
55# db x 11
55# db x 8

Mid Incline
50# db x 12 (up!)
50# db X 10
50# db x 8
45# db X 12

Tight deep dips
1 x 12
2 x 10
1 x 9

Inverted p/u's
2 x 10 ... DB's vertical
2 x 10 ... DB's horizontal

...........pick face up off floor.....move to abs....lol HOLY SHIT! Burnt em up!!

Abs - 4 X 25 wtd off end of bench

Let hubby carry gym bag - I couldn't lift it....LOL "j e l l o arms!!"

Awesome workout even with it being over 90* in the gym!!

Home - 5 HP - Chopped Steak, Green Beans, couple spoonfulls of LF C Cheese..... Crashed and burned!!

Water retention seems to be subsiding a smidge with increase in water intake.

katt981
07-08-2011, 12:25 PM
nice weights you're thowing around in here !!

PFEPerformance
07-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks Katt! Pushin hard!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I love how detailed your journal is! Keep rocking baby!

The Prodigy
07-08-2011, 04:56 PM
ALR? You mean ALRI?

PFEPerformance
07-08-2011, 05:09 PM
ALR? You mean ALRI?

yes

The Prodigy
07-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I love their products! I actually want to try a few more. What is your favorite ones?

PFEPerformance
07-09-2011, 10:19 AM
I love their products! I actually want to try a few more. What is your favorite ones?

Chained Out and HumaPro by far are my favs!!!

I mix Chained R and Chained O and drink part pre w/o and the rest during my workouts...LOVE IT! My gym is VERY hardcore and old school....NO A.C. in the summer. Last year at this time I was having a lot of trouble with energy and not feeling well during HOT summer day workouts...... NO issues this year! Says a lot!!

Going to try Hyperdrive H here shortly. I like Lean Dreams as well.

Do you have any favs?

PFEPerformance
07-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Saturday 7/9 -

Protein Pancake
5 HP
CO/CR mix - off to gym

LEG DAY

Front Squats - Narrow

115# X 20
115# X 20
115# X 18
115# X 15

Single Leg Curls

50# X 15
50# X 12
40# X 15
40# X 12

Leg Ext

80# X 15
80# X 12
80# X 10
70# X 12

Hacks-narrow - Deep

50# X 20 X 4

Calves
50# X 20 X 3

Drag myself to main floor - S T R E T C H ....LOL

Great workout even in the heat of the gym! Feeling good and strong!

5 HP

Chicken Breast
LF Cott Cheese
Small baked Red Potato

Water retention FINALLY going away..... Upped my water intake to 1.5 gal p/d....seems to be the ticket.

Got home, trimmed bushes, mowed lawn, watered flowers, ..............

5 HP

TIME TO EAT!!!

The Prodigy
07-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Chained Out and HumaPro by far are my favs!!!

I mix Chained R and Chained O and drink part pre w/o and the rest during my workouts...LOVE IT! My gym is VERY hardcore and old school....NO A.C. in the summer. Last year at this time I was having a lot of trouble with energy and not feeling well during HOT summer day workouts...... NO issues this year! Says a lot!!

Going to try Hyperdrive H here shortly. I like Lean Dreams as well.

Do you have any favs?

Chained Out Appletini and Lean Dreams. Altho...Comatose is great too! Where do you buy yours from?

PFEPerformance
07-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Chained Out Appletini and Lean Dreams. Altho...Comatose is great too! Where do you buy yours from?

I'm a Blue Raz girl!! lol I prefer Lean Dreams over Camatose...just seems to work better for me??

DPS Nutrition

PFEPerformance
07-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Sunday 7/10 was back and delt day .............. AWESOME workout and feelin it today!!

Bent over Low Rows

120# X 15
120# X 12
120# X 10
120# X 10

Wide Grip Pulldowns
100# X 12
90# X 12
80# X 13
80# x 10

Sh Press - lt day
30# x 15
30# x 12
30# x 10
30# x 10

45# X 15 X 4

Laterals
20# X 15
20# X 15
20# X 12

Workout was AWESOME and intensity on point.....later in day was having waives of nausia and just feeling completely wiped out.....Not sure what the hek was up with that....regardless.....ate and crashed early.....feeling much better today.

PFEPerformance
07-19-2011, 05:39 PM
No time for a great update - crazy busy week - on way out to gym....which, I have to say I'm not stoked about, gf txt me - over 100* in gym today and zero air moving......UGH.......... Oh well, big girl panties pulled up and out the door to hit it hard!!

Started HH yesterday- this stuff is the BOMB!!! Feeling incredible and loving the steady ALL day energy with no crashing and CLEAR head! WOW Outdid it with this one!! Will post more as I get a breather.

I'm officially at 101 days out from contest.......... around the corner from "cut" time - woot...woot.... SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

PFEPerformance
08-01-2011, 10:14 AM
OK - HERE WE GO........... 12 weeks out from comp as of Saturday!! woot....woot

Met with trainer - took pics...dear GOD that sucks first couple times...LOL

BF at 11.2

Cals to 1800 - bring on the Talapia!

Full leg w/o

Front Squats:
115# X 25 X 4

Hacks - new position to bring out quad sweep - feet LOW - stop on last notch - ALL the way to ATG!! Dam that felt like a LONG way down...lol

90# X 20 X 2
85# X 20 X 1
85# X 15 X 1.......can someone please go get me a walker?? lol

Quads are "singing" today!! I need to use the handicap stall so I can use the bar to lift me off the toilet!! JEEZ!! :yep:

Sunday w/o - back and lt day for delts:

Standing bent over rows
115# X 12 X 2
115# X 11 x 1
115# X 10 X 1

Lat Pulldowns
115# X 15 X 1
115# X 12 X 2
115# X 11 X 1

Pullups:
10, 8, 8, 6

DB Press
30# X 15 X 1
30# X 12 X 2
30# X 10 X 1 (burn baby burn!)

Front Raise
45# X 15 X 4

Laterals
20# X 15 X 4

Looking for input and guidance on HP and CO use for cut phase....this is my first round going into comp on ALRI so any input and guidance very welcome!

Taking 4 X 5 HP p/d
CO - 2 scoops in AM sipped on during cardio
3 scoops sipped throughout day
Hyperd H - 1 AM, 1 around noon if training day

Monster Mash Comp countdown - 88 DAYS!! The top five finishers get a sword instead of a "trophy" - DAM I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!

Madison
08-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey Lorrie!
Do you know what happened to the ALR forum on this board?
Just curious

Sunnyday
08-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Nice work! Which show are you doing?

PFEPerformance
08-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey Lorrie!
Do you know what happened to the ALR forum on this board?
Just curious

Author and his crew taking care of busy schedules and developments and have had to drop off the board ...you can go to ALRI direct for forums and info there.

PFEPerformance
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Nice work! Which show are you doing?

THANKS CHICA!! Doing the NPC Cincinnati Monster Mash end of October and two weeks later heading for Wheeling WV.....:yep:

PFEPerformance
08-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Gonna skip my update for tonight.....heavy heart and clouded thoughts....two of our best friends were in a major motorcycle accident and are both in critical condition. Hit by a drunk driver.....feeling much anger for this senseless and selfish tragedy to my friends! Their lives now forever impacted because someone thought to get behind the wheel drunk. Both have multiple fractures and internal injuries. My gf has head trauma and is in a coma. I'll be back with updates when emotions settle.

Sunnyday
08-08-2011, 09:13 PM
So sorry to read the heartbreaking news about your friends, Lorrie. Will have you and your friends in my thoughts and prayers.

The Prodigy
08-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Just wanted to stop in and let you know I have been thinking about you! BIG hugs!

PFEPerformance
08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
So sorry to read the heartbreaking news about your friends, Lorrie. Will have you and your friends in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you and please keep them coming!

PFEPerformance
08-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Just wanted to stop in and let you know I have been thinking about you! BIG hugs!

Thank you SO much - I could use about a 100 BIG HUGS right now!!

PFEPerformance
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Ok - this may be an emotional update - so - you have been forwarned...

My Friends - Jerry and Nanni

Jerry got out of ICU on Sunday and is having a third surgery today as I write this. Rib, Pelvic, Hip, Femur, Tib, Fib, and ankle fractures. Basically putting him back together. He is doing well and barring infection or something unexpected - he will come through this but a very LONG road ahead. Emotionally - he is deeply struggling

Nanni - my best friend - remains in a coma.... she has multiple skull fractures and brain trauma (she is in a coma), fluid in her lungs, severe damage to her legs. She has underwent one surgery so far to put a drain in her head to relieve some of the pressure and to attempt to repair some of her leg damage. She is in a coma that has been deepened by medication to aleviate the intra cranial pressure and to give her body time to heal. They have not been able to bring her up out of this yet without the pressure increasing, so they put her back in it deeper.

If you keep up with my journal - you know that I am a volunteer medic in my community - so lets just say - I wish I didn't know some of the things I know..............I have been crying several times a day and feel so incredibly helpless to do anything that makes any remote difference for my friends. I can't heal their mental, physical, or emotional pain nor change the direction this tragedy has taken their lives!

To the drunk driver - anger doesn't even come close to how I feel - these people were our very best friends! Nani and I talked and txtd daily if not several times a day - I miss her so much there is NO description for the emptiness I feel when I look at my phone at times I'd normally be getting or sending a "good morning", "hey what's up", "I gotta tell you something"....... I have all our txts for the last several months that I can't bring myself to read.....a couple of which were within the hour this all happened to them......

I have ZERO understanding for the actions of someone who could have so easily made a different choice..........I know they say you should be forgiving and not hold anger in your heart - but, I have NOOOOOOOOOOO forgivness within me for this person and anger is way too light of a word!!

I have stayed on my diet this week which, as oddly as it sounds, has helped only because it has given me a lil structure where there seems to be none. I've got my training in, through tears at times, but got them in...though not setting any records ..... just sorta going through the motions because it is helping keep me sanity right now. I keep having moments of feeling guilty for going on with my daily life and responsibilities when their lives are completely upside down right now and have come to a screaching halt. I'm 11 weeks out from competition and wonder WTF.....does any of this really matter??!

To all my RX friends - PLEASE take a moment to say I love you to your family, friends, loved ones and thank them for just being a part of your life - You NEVER know when those may be your last words to them.

I will post more updates as I can.....

katt981
08-11-2011, 11:07 AM
oh man, so sorry to hear about your friends - that's awful. We had a similar situation that happened to my husband's daughter as well. She was at a stop light and a drunk driver hit her from behind doing about 40 mph... wasn't even slowing down. She was 17 when it happened (2 years ago) and she's still having major back problems because of it.

I too have ZERO tolerance for someone that makes that decision to get behind the wheel after drinking - I mean, geez, wth are they thinking? oh yeah, they probably aren't :mad:

I'm sending a prayer your way for your friends - I hope they make a full recovery :flowers:

Sunnyday
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey, girl. So sorry to hear about your friends' conditions. You are a great friend for being there for them now. What you're feeling for the drunk driver is totally understandable. I can honestly say I'd feel the same way in your shoes.

Back in '94 there was a terrible accident in western MD involving two early-morning runners and a new dad who was driving home after working a double-shift (to make ends meet so his wife could stay home with the baby) and that new dad fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road into the two runners. I had the privilege of meeting the surviving runner, who lost his running partner and best friend in the accident. I was the survivor's teaching replacement while he recovered from his injuries. I can't tell you how many times that accident reminds me NOT to get behind the wheel when I'm fatigued.

I think so often people AREN'T thinking of safety - either their own or someone else's when they get behind the wheel. How many of us get into our large, metal boxes every day, drive at speeds over the posted limit...when we're running late for work or whatever...whether drunk or even just fatigued or overly distracted (think texting while driving). Hoping with everything in me that someone reading your thread will "rethink" things and not make an unsafe choice in the future.

I'll continue to keep you and your friends in my prayers.

Big hugs!:hmn: