PDA

View Full Version : pre workout caffine

anthony1992
03-28-2009, 07:05 PM
what do you think of takeing caffine pre workout. If you think it should be at what dose and how long before a workout

NPCKnight
03-28-2009, 08:23 PM
200-400mg 15-30min prior. Bro...this is almost essential.

NPCKnight
03-28-2009, 08:53 PM
i have issues with people who walk into the gym with starbucks.... dont be that guy. a caffeine pill or maybe two work just fantastic.

buster12
03-28-2009, 08:54 PM
200-400mg 15-30min prior. Bro...this is almost essential.
your completly right. I agree that this essential 100%! I cant workout without it...:cool:

anthony1992
03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
thanks, so I will take 400mg 15-30min before every workout

DaveV
03-29-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm stim sensitive so I take 100mg before morning cardio. Gets me through it no sweat.

Youngguns
03-29-2009, 09:26 AM
You seem to have issues with alot of people from what I see. :) I like the taste of my Americano and I dont' give a fuck what anyone thinks about it. On another note, if you were in my gym you would have zero issues with me because I command alot of respect by virtue of both my intnensity, hard work and the results speak for themselves.. I'm 47 and I look better than most guys in my gym and my competitive bb track record has earned me the respect that only comes with victories and high placings in bigger shows. You go on worrying about what others think about you, I'll keep doing my thing. :wavey:
NPC seems to have some anger issues.

Maybe it's the test?

john koenig
03-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Big Mike, you keep on entering your gym with an Americano! I often walk into my gym for a morning workout with coffee, and I've often gone so far as to warm up on a bike with some of the coffee still to be consumed. Who cares? And like you, I'm older than most in the gym and in far better condition (plus I head the personal training department) and have the respect. But who cares about coffee? What about all the knobs with giant Monster drink cans they leave here and there, or little guys with gallon jugs of water they lug around like they're special? Coffee. I'm with you.

MichaelWayne
03-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Is it even possible to lift without it? Been so long I've forgot if its still possible to do...

I'm a fan of 250-500mg an hour before, then another 125-250mg a half hour before as a extra push.

Mossberg
03-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I'll pop one or two 200mg pills before I go to the gym, about 30 minutes before. If I forget or if I am just dead I might drink a small coffee on my way to the gym.

NPCKnight
03-30-2009, 04:20 AM

start with 200mg. it will probably be plenty.

NPCKnight
03-30-2009, 04:27 AM
You seem to have issues with alot of people from what I see. :) I like the taste of my Americano and I dont' give a fuck what anyone thinks about it. On another note, if you were in my gym you would have zero issues with me because I command alot of respect by virtue of both my intnensity, hard work and the results speak for themselves.. I'm 47 and I look better than most guys in my gym and my competitive bb track record has earned me the respect that only comes with victories and high placings in bigger shows. You go on worrying about what others think about you, I'll keep doing my thing. :wavey:

Care to elaborate who I may have issues with? I guarantee any REAL concrete issues I have with anyone are very legitimate.

Please dont tell me I would have zero issues with you and that you command respect like I need to bow down. The entire point of you writing what you just did proves you care what others think...so don't tell me to do that when you are the exact same way. I probably would have NO ISSUES with you in your gym or my gym or any gym but that would be entirely up to a number of different factors. Intensity, hard work, results....believe me I know plenty about that. You as an older guy are respectable because you train hard and still train period...and look better than most guys in your gym...great. I commend you.

I still dont like the 'be seen drinking coffee' thing in a gym. To me its like talking on your phone or reading muscle and fitness between sets. Again, I dont have issues with you but please dont try to call me out when I state my opinion on how something looks.

By the way, I don't remember...obviously you are a masters competitor but do you participate in the open too or no?

Koubs
03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
I like the caffeine 15-20 minutes pre-workout, I get that kick pretty quickly... Personally I go with 2-3 scoops of the No-xplode, which gives me some carbs and the caffeine... Although it doesn't say, I've heard each scoop is about 100mg of caffeine... Works great for me

militantmuscle
03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Care to elaborate who I may have issues with? I guarantee any REAL concrete issues I have with anyone are very legitimate.

Please dont tell me I would have zero issues with you and that you command respect like I need to bow down. The entire point of you writing what you just did proves you care what others think...so don't tell me to do that when you are the exact same way. I probably would have NO ISSUES with you in your gym or my gym or any gym but that would be entirely up to a number of different factors. Intensity, hard work, results....believe me I know plenty about that. You as an older guy are respectable because you train hard and still train period...and look better than most guys in your gym...great. I commend you.

I still dont like the 'be seen drinking coffee' thing in a gym. To me its like talking on your phone or reading muscle and fitness between sets. Again, I dont have issues with you but please dont try to call me out when I state my opinion on how something looks.

By the way, I don't remember...obviously you are a masters competitor but do you participate in the open too or no?

I can't see how you can compare drinking a pre workout stimulant to assist the workout to disruptive behavior such as using the cell phone and reading a magazine... is it that distracting? And what is wrong with a bodybuilder trying to enhance his workout through a liquid form as opposed to a pill?

SpeedoGuido
04-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I guzzle a huge coffee pre-workout... for some reason caffeine pills make me feel crappy.

Bubba Bronko
04-03-2009, 09:42 AM
200mg caffeine plus a coffee...30-45 pre

chasebny
04-03-2009, 11:08 AM
1 gallon of green tea in the morning.

thesamewords
04-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Hey big mike, i enjoy coffee but, i just dont like having it sloshing around in my guts when I work out! Right now I just use a green tea extract and caffiene pills. that way i can just take the pill with a shot of water or the extract with a shot of water.200 mg works best for me.

ChunkyThunder
04-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I work out in the morning and have been doing ok without the stims, but I think I'm gonna get some caff pills to see if I can get some extra energy and maybe a few extra reps on my sets.

prolly do 200mg of caffeine with an asprin

derekanthony
04-06-2009, 10:48 PM
hes a fucking momo look at his pick hes worrying what people drink id be worried looking at his mug. ouch! nice pick sean :wavey::D

derekanthony
04-06-2009, 10:50 PM
My remark regarding you having issues with people stems from the fact that you seem to always be challenging people with an "in your face" attitude. Whtat the fucks up with that? There are right and wrong ways to challenge someone's position on something. Case in point: In an insulin thread in Chem E section you tried calling out Maxititer because his opinions differed from yours and I warned you about in via PM. You come across as a brash person and I've had complaints about it before.

For the record, I don't go walking around the gym with my coffee, I drink what's left of it in the locker room or in a lounge area my gym has set up. And contrary to what you want to believe I really don't care what others think about it. You don't know me so you are in no position to tell me that I do care. Why do you give a fuck what others do anyway?

You misinterpreted my position about you having zero issues with me. My point was that if I walked into your gym you would respect me as I would you if you walked into my gym based on among other things my aura/presence, knowledge, intensity, physique etc. In other words, I look like I paid my dues. It wasn't a threat to you, I don't beleive in internet tough guys. I save that shit for real life should I ever need it. I compete as a Master's and sometimes I cross over to Open but the last year I did only bigger shows so as LHW it becomes tougher at 47 to knock heads with kids your age. In Master's events I expect to win, in the Open I just like to knock some kid off the podium. :) dont even bother hes a tool a fucking punk that cant back up his big mouth . right seany boy see you soon sweet tits ! i dont forget shit you talking shit about me. ginnys dont forget shit carmas a bitch i cant wait till you do your next show. you fucked with carma and shes going to come and bite your rite in your fucking flat ass !! ;);):wavey:

KEVDIESEL
04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
def a huge cup of joe before i hit the gym.

NPCKnight
04-07-2009, 12:36 PM
dont even bother hes a tool a fucking punk that cant back up his big mouth . right seany boy see you soon sweet tits ! i dont forget shit you talking shit about me. ginnys dont forget shit carmas a bitch i cant wait till you do your next show. you fucked with carma and shes going to come and bite your rite in your fucking flat ass !! ;);):wavey:

I see you're still at it Derek. Must be fun following me around the forum to all threads and talking more shit. I guess me staying out of your thread is really having an effect on you. Don't worry...I was told I'd be banned if I said anything in your thread...so I'm staying out. Its nice that you complained and got me sanctioned out of your thread...real manly thing to do since you were starting all the shit just like you are doing here and have done in other threads. Class act as always.

Frosty
04-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Why are people making such a big deal over a comment on coffee? It was just a comment. People talk shit on people that curl in the squat rack, but I do that sometimes to because of how my gym is. Who cares.

bigtattoony
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Why are people making such a big deal over a comment on coffee? It was just a comment. People talk shit on people that curl in the squat rack, but I do that sometimes to because of how my gym is. Who cares.

LOL frosty im with you we seem like a whole group of Kindergartners in this thread although it is almost as entertaining as reading Pit threads :popcorn:

Mike the Ripper
04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I work out at the end of the day around 7pm, so I love the boost that a caffeinated N.O supp gives me. No way I could train with the intensity I need without it. I wouldn't consider it essential but it is a great training aid.

Legend
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM

If you're taking it in pill form, take it about 45 minutes before training.