PDA

View Full Version : What is the shelf life for Mac Nut Oil

PTB
05-12-2011, 01:03 PM
I just purchased from AllStarHealth, and when I looked at the "use by", date, it had October 2011.

Certainly I would think I would have used a whole bottle by then, but in general, what's the shelf on a new bottle?

Amazon Doll
05-12-2011, 04:24 PM
I bought a gallon of it, I keep it in the refrigerator so it doesn't go bad & just take out what I need each week.

PTB
05-12-2011, 04:29 PM
I bought a gallon of it, I keep it in the refrigerator so it doesn't go bad & just take out what I need each week.

hmm, so does it become hard like lard or does it remain liquid?

MightyMetcalf
05-12-2011, 08:38 PM

wow, where did you buy a gallon?

robofsteel
05-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I will get you an official answer from Dave.

Amazon Doll
05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
$29 for a gallon. They have organic for $65

http://www.bulknaturaloils.com/Products/15821-macadamia-nut-oil.aspx

It gets semi solid in the fridge. I let it sit out a half hour before poring what I need

MightyMetcalf
05-14-2011, 12:19 AM
oh wow, thanks.

Do you have to refrigerate it? I always just keep it on the counter

SharpRazor
05-14-2011, 12:34 AM
I just purchased from AllStarHealth, and when I looked at the "use by", date, it had October 2011.

Certainly I would think I would have used a whole bottle by then, but in general, what's the shelf on a new bottle?

Have you heard of google, took me literary 10sec. Mac oil has a shelf life of 2years, does not need to be refrigerated, but you can do so if you like. BAM.

Info obtained from this link: http://www.calcompnutrition.com/mac-nut-oil-faq.html

I will get you an official answer from Dave.

Giant LOL + ROFL.

Curt James
05-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Welcome to Rx Muscle, DouchRazor. :beerbang:

Supertrap2
05-15-2011, 05:29 AM

I bought one as well with the same date sticker but mine was placed over the top of another sticker with a best by date of Jan 2011. My wife thinks it's going bad I myself not really sure as I have never used any before. Not real happy to peel back a sticker and find best by Jan 2011 when purchased 5 months later though.

PTB
05-15-2011, 07:21 PM
I bought one as well with the same date sticker but mine was placed over the top of another sticker with a best by date of Jan 2011. My wife thinks it's going bad I myself not really sure as I have never used any before. Not real happy to peel back a sticker and find best by Jan 2011 when purchased 5 months later though.

Wow that's bad practice by AllStarHealth if they are doing that -to sell expired goods and cheat by adding on other stickers. If in fact shelf life is 2 years, then they must have an inventory they haven't moved in quite a while. It may be good to check exp. dates on other products as well. Not sure what Species Nutrition may think about that though or if something could be done to discourage that practice in the future.

Supertrap2
05-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Wow that's bad practice by AllStarHealth if they are doing that -to sell expired goods and cheat by adding on other stickers. If in fact shelf life is 2 years, then they must have an inventory they haven't moved in quite a while. It may be good to check exp. dates on other products as well. Not sure what Species Nutrition may think about that though or if something could be done to discourage that practice in the future.

PTB, Sorry for not being more clear but I meant I bought a bottle with the same sticker.I do make purchases from Allstar but this bottle didn't come from them and I don't think the sticker was put on there by the company I purchased from either.

Curt James
05-15-2011, 11:08 PM
PTB, Sorry for not being more clear but I meant I bought a bottle with the same sticker.I do make purchases from Allstar but this bottle didn't come from them and I don't think the sticker was put on there by the company I purchased from either.

Imo, it wouldn't matter who put the sticker there. The company that sold you the product is responsible for selling you quality supplements or food stuffs.

If I ordered supps from Bodybuilding.com and they arrived with the tubs open or the seals broken I'd be returning that sh1t pronto. Likewise a double sticker.

PTB
08-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Just ordered some more Mac Nut Oil from LOCKOUTSUPPLEMENTS.

I got the same thing as reported before:

You had a Sell By sticker of 'Oct 2011'. Under that sticker was one reading 'Jan 2011'

It's not that difficult to see. The sticker didn't fully cover the one under it.

robofsteel
08-09-2011, 09:44 AM
You should be fine til abt 2013 with the bottle you have. The Jan 2011 sticker was a mistake at the manufacturing site so they just put an oct 2011 sticker over it. I use the Mac oil everyday and have had no issues with it.

killercuda426
10-16-2011, 07:03 PM
same here i got to bottles and the sticker under is jan-11 the top one was oct-11 and i get daves oil all the time but the oil i usually get has a nice nutty flavor. this bottle im not going to say the name but taste just like this real cheap mac oil i got from australia and had 3 other people taste it .and they couldnt tell the differnts between them either.

killercuda426
10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
no answer on the taste and oct 11 only right around the coner 2 bottles to me no good

killercuda426
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
[SIZE=5]robofsteel[/SIZ"]RX Muscle Forums - View Profile: robofsteel@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: robofsteel</title>@@AMEPARAM@@robofsteel do you have any answers to this thank you

Waylon
11-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Both bottles I have ordered form them (on Amazon) have had the same thing. I get it and it's expiration date is the fallowing month, makes me a little concerned but Iv used them up before then anyways

:ninjaloco:

robofsteel
11-28-2011, 08:58 AM
You should be fine til abt 2013 with the bottle you have. The Jan 2011 sticker was a mistake at the manufacturing site so they just put an oct 2011 sticker over it. I use the Mac oil everyday and have had no issues with it.

robofsteel
11-28-2011, 08:58 AM
New Mac Oil is in stock and has been shipping for a few months now.

iRock2
08-09-2013, 04:39 AM
when will mac nut oil be back in stock ?