PDA

View Full Version : from dereks poundstones facebook

Bryan Hildebrand
05-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Derek Poundstone
Just got to FL for a family reunion and have learned this state doesn't have friendly gyms!! LA Fitness shunned Kristin and I away and a place called Lifetime fitness wanted $50 for a daypass!!

time to call the aclu and look into the business practices that turn people away based on a certain physical characteristic? I am thinking yes!

and next time derek, pack your "Shake Weight". tight, lean, muscular arms in 3 minutes per day!

TLG
05-14-2011, 12:32 AM
I wonder what part of florida?

But yeah, "gyms" in florida are garbage.

robert da strongman
05-14-2011, 12:38 PM
I wonder what part of florida?

But yeah, "gyms" in florida are garbage.

he said boca

GENESIS
05-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Aren't these places business that can choose who they allow to use their facilities? Yes. I work out at lifetime actually and that is the actual price of a day pass for two people. Complain all you want, but its not like they tried to charge him more in an effort to detract him and his wife away from their services... Is he complaining that he doesnt have 50 dollars? or that Big corporate gyms dont care about who Derek Poundstone is, and wont let him in free because of that?

BigJD69
05-14-2011, 01:14 PM
I find it hard to believe that he couldn't find one gym to accommodate him esp in Fla. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't there a ton of gym's in Fla.????

TLG
05-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I find it hard to believe that he couldn't find one gym to accommodate him esp in Fla. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't there a ton of gym's in Fla.????

You have to realize that there are a lot of gyms, yes. BUT.... They do not accommodate anyone that isn't a mild bodybuilder or just a weekend warrior.

When I wanted to start adding in more powerlifts to my routine and start training heavy, after my first strongman contest, I had no options. There was nothing around, and there still isn't, I had to build up my garage gym.

Besides if it is boca, then yeah right, might as well just get on an expensive boat and hang out with the rich people.

Curt James
05-14-2011, 02:07 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_1nLdNGnrAes/Tc7ElE84EjI/AAAAAAAAE4w/X7EVVJKw3Fg/dp-facebook.JPG (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Derek-Poundstone/49090777709)

Curt James
05-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Maybe he wanted a convenient location. Kind of a broad brush to say the entire state of Florida doesn't have "friendly" gyms.

Friendly? :confused:

Curt James
05-14-2011, 02:22 PM
And LOL @ "shunned" :D

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_1nLdNGnrAes/Tc7GcNSO-EI/AAAAAAAAE5A/kyAaWPEURxU/shunned1.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_1nLdNGnrAes/Tc7GgHxeLzI/AAAAAAAAE5E/MfSC8BI48rs/shunned2.JPG

heh :p

Uh, it's probably physically possible for Derek Poundstone to break me into pieces and then to compress those pieces into a very tiny lunchbox.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_1nLdNGnrAes/Tc7HuvuKu8I/AAAAAAAAE5M/Rm8qiTvT8do/hello_kitty_rainbow_lunch_box.jpg

With that in mind...

DAMN YOU, LA FITNESS & LIFETIME FITNESS! DAMN YOU BOTH TO HELL!!!

J. Daniels
05-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Ft Lauderdale is close and has a couple great hardcore Gold's.

Shadow
05-14-2011, 02:37 PM
$50 for a day? A lot of gyms that's not even a MONTH'S worth of membership.

Sucks that someone who would actually get some use out of the gym was deterred like that.

Fah-Q
05-14-2011, 03:32 PM
The lifestyle I got to doesn't do a day pass, they will just let you get a workout in and it's only 20.00/ month so 25 per person for a workout is absolutely out of control.

BigJD69
05-14-2011, 04:49 PM
You have to realize that there are a lot of gyms, yes. BUT.... They do not accommodate anyone that isn't a mild bodybuilder or just a weekend warrior.

When I wanted to start adding in more powerlifts to my routine and start training heavy, after my first strongman contest, I had no options. There was nothing around, and there still isn't, I had to build up my garage gym.

Besides if it is boca, then yeah right, might as well just get on an expensive boat and hang out with the rich people.
WOW! I'm kinda suprised! Usually warm climate areas have a ton of different gyms to accomodate every type of lifter. I mean we all know Planet Fitness doesn't accomodate anyone but geeks!

BigJD69
05-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Maybe he wanted a convenient location. Kind of a broad brush to say the entire state of Florida doesn't have "friendly" gyms.

Friendly? :confused:
Curt if you opened a gym I would join it!:hmn:

Bryan Hildebrand
05-14-2011, 06:30 PM
florida is cross-fit capitol of the world.

TLG
05-14-2011, 11:52 PM
WOW! I'm kinda suprised! Usually warm climate areas have a ton of different gyms to accomodate every type of lifter. I mean we all know Planet Fitness doesn't accomodate anyone but geeks!

Well I cant speak on the whole state, but I know within 1 hours driving distance I only know of one place that actually would allow powerlifting and that is Orlando Barbell.

Now other then that, I know of three "local" gyms that were a little more old school and they all closed, so that leaves YMCA, Golds, planet fitness, lifestyles, anytime, and similar strip mall joints. Probably 20 total I can count within a hour distance.

That is why I said they only accommodate the mild bodybuilder and the weekend warriors.

Curt James
05-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Curt if you opened a gym I would join it!:hmn:

Appreciate that, JD, but I'd rather join Big Barry's Gym!

:bowdown: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_1nLdNGnrAes/TXuVkubDRKI/AAAAAAAADbU/MnmkI_mJUqI/bigbarry-toast.JPG

Dee
05-15-2011, 01:01 AM
$25 day pass sounds insane......id hope a rub and tug is included in that price.

data
07-08-2011, 04:14 PM
i'd pay $50 to see poundstone workout. lol.

AussieMuscle
07-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Damn gyms are expensive in the US. I basically train anywhere I want which is cheap as chips..