PDA

View Full Version : My progress and prep from 8 weeks out of my first show

peteyc123
05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Hey im 8 weeks out of my first show my previous post was called 9 weeks out from first show i just didnt want to add pics becuase i wanted to start a new one. Im 5'11 with long ass limbs and weighing in a 193.2 this morning. My legs r lacking alot and i kno this. I think my conditioning will help me do better ion my show and my coach thinks thats the only way we'll do good. Im doing light heavy novice and light heavy open just for experience. Let me know what you guys think thank you for your time.

Jude2
05-15-2011, 09:28 PM
You look on target in your upper body. In the off season you need to work on your legs of course, but also your back width and thickness. You should do well in the novice. You need to try to get the conditioning in your lower body to match your upper.

peteyc123
05-15-2011, 10:04 PM
you look on target in your upper body. In the off season you need to work on your legs of course, but also your back width and thickness. You should do well in the novice. You need to try to get the conditioning in your lower body to match your upper.

i am trying thanks alot for your cirtique...yea my back def needs work and hopefully this offseason my legs and back will look totally different and ill be a heavyweight!!

tammyp
05-16-2011, 06:23 AM
yep legs need work. cond in upper is good but needs more size w your height.

peteyc123
05-16-2011, 06:57 AM
yep legs need work. cond in upper is good but needs more size w your height.

Yea ur absolutely right....this offseason I'm really gunna bulk clean and pound my legs...I'm excited for it..I just think doin a local NPC show and getting my feet wet will make me grow a s abodybuilder and I think my conditioning won't be to bad in novice light heavy. Thanks for your input

Scoobysnacks
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
glutes hams and quads are a lot softer. If 193 is morning weight, you are going to be damn close to 180 shredded up. You guys may need to consider dropping into middles. yes youd be tall, but with proper conditioning I dont see you holding onto ligthheavy, or you will be really outsized. Just my opinion based on how that lower ab looks then the rest of the lower body.

Ss

peteyc123
05-16-2011, 11:41 AM
glutes hams and quads are a lot softer. If 193 is morning weight, you are going to be damn close to 180 shredded up. You guys may need to consider dropping into middles. yes youd be tall, but with proper conditioning I dont see you holding onto ligthheavy, or you will be really outsized. Just my opinion based on how that lower ab looks then the rest of the lower body.

Ss

even in novice light heavy? i know the open i can see what your saying but i wont come in to the middles. ive been to a couple shows this year and have noticed nothing special and havent seen any real good conditioning or size in light heavy and i definitely think i can hang in there with the novice. i think dropping to middle is not the best idea. id like to see what phil says..

Scoobysnacks
05-16-2011, 12:23 PM
even in novice light heavy? i know the open i can see what your saying but i wont come in to the middles. ive been to a couple shows this year and have noticed nothing special and havent seen any real good conditioning or size in light heavy and i definitely think i can hang in there with the novice. i think dropping to middle is not the best idea. id like to see what phil says..

Yeah if he is guiding you for sure take his advice. Ive prepped enough people to know to have shredded glutes from where you are you will be 180 morning weight maybe lower. So I was just saying for the open dry out and drop into 176 then fill out. Its all up to you and your prep coach. Good Luck man.

ss

peteyc123
05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah if he is guiding you for sure take his advice. Ive prepped enough people to know to have shredded glutes from where you are you will be 180 morning weight maybe lower. So I was just saying for the open dry out and drop into 176 then fill out. Its all up to you and your prep coach. Good Luck man.

ss

thanks scoobs i appreciate it. well i guess ill just keep chipping away and see where iend up...thanks for your time and opinion. i see what your saying though and your right im guessing ill be around 180 so well see.. thanks again and keep doing hwat your doing your helping alot of people out on here

s2h
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
conditioning is your friend...get lean as you can..fyi..last time i checked there isnt a lhw novice division...so i would def shoot for novice mw...which like scoob's said is where your gonna be most likely anyway...good luck...

peteyc123
05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
conditioning is your friend...get lean as you can..fyi..last time i checked there isnt a lhw novice division...so i would def shoot for novice mw...which like scoob's said is where your gonna be most likely anyway...good luck...

on the app it said light heavy novice and i talked to the promoter and told him what class i was entering and he didnt mention that their wasnt such a division but who knows.. but whatever i weigh i weigh come 8 weeks. it would be interesting to see myself below 180. its hard first time competitor ecspecially being around 210lbs and to come down that much in weight kind of messes with you mentally you know.. but im happy with my progress and how i look and excited to see where these last 8 weeks take me..thanks for the input !!

s2h
05-16-2011, 10:39 PM
on the app it said light heavy novice and i talked to the promoter and told him what class i was entering and he didnt mention that their wasnt such a division but who knows.. but whatever i weigh i weigh come 8 weeks. it would be interesting to see myself below 180. its hard first time competitor ecspecially being around 210lbs and to come down that much in weight kind of messes with you mentally you know.. but im happy with my progress and how i look and excited to see where these last 8 weeks take me..thanks for the input !!sounds good..just get in the best shape you can..and let the chips fall as they may..good luck and keep us posted...

peteyc123
05-17-2011, 07:45 AM
sounds good..just get in the best shape you can..and let the chips fall as they may..good luck and keep us posted...

thanks S2H i def will..ill prob put pics up in about 2-3weeks..thanks for your help

peteyc123
06-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Hey every1 here are some recent pics of me 5 weeks out of my first show..these pics were takin after a back and bi workout and i weighed in at 190.8 this morning..im a little flat becuase my coach depleted me a little to speed up weight loss the previous two days..these pics were takin a couple hours ago please leave feedback i appreciate it...

tammyp
06-07-2011, 06:18 AM
looking much better w condioning...gotta bring up the wheels.

peteyc123
06-07-2011, 06:20 AM
looking much better w condioning...gotta bring up the wheels.

thanks tammy...i know im pounding the shit out of them...this offseason im gunna tear em apart and bring a new set next year!! but ih ave to work with what i have which sucks i got a late start!! lol thanks for the feedback

Jude2
06-09-2011, 12:20 AM
NIce improvements. Should do well in the novice class. The wt classes are totally different for the novice class than the open.

peteyc123
06-11-2011, 09:19 AM
NIce improvements. Should do well in the novice class. The wt classes are totally different for the novice class than the open.

thanks jude..im going in my first show just for fun and experience...my coach is also putting me in the open division too just for experience also..but i def would be happy with top 5 in novice..