PDA

View Full Version : Critique Please

minibabe
05-16-2011, 02:52 PM
About a week out from my very first figure show. I do not have a front shot as I am at work, this was taken this past Friday night.

Thank you,

Amanda

minibabe
05-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I was just reading the forum rules, I forgot to include this stuff

I am 25 my height is 5'1 and my current weight is 104. This is my first show, I know I am not that "big" for a figure competitor but I am giving it my best shot and just trying to have fun with it :)
Thank you

minibabe
05-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Found another picture, the lighting in my house is horrible. I took this picture the day before. I think that this one looks better but you guys get the idea :)

thank you again

minibabe
05-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Anyone?

Scoobysnacks
05-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Anyone?

i know im waiting for a front pic too.

ss

tammyp
05-18-2011, 06:32 AM
yes post up front....

minibabe
05-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Im sorry, I took more pictures last night. I emailed them to myself so that I could post them up. I didnt have any fronts with me at work, sorry for this.

Thank you :)

Scoobysnacks
05-18-2011, 01:01 PM
for your first show you will do fine. Id like to see that little bit of lower back fat (just outside where the straps connect to bottoms) gone as its also making the waist wider from the front by expanding your sides. Delts arent bad but in the years to come medials need to be hit hard. Your figure shape is pretty good for a first show but you will eventually need even more back width but def more back thickness, more rows, deadlifts etc heavy.

Good Luck

Ss

minibabe
05-18-2011, 01:37 PM
As far as getting rid of the back fat? Do you think that some of that could be water, is this just diet?

I am def. going to try harder with my training. I only have been training for this since Nov. of last year. So after I compete in these two shows that I am going to do, Im going to try and put some mass on me.

thank you for the response and the tips/pointers :)

minibabe
05-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Also another comment on the back fat, do you think that this is something I can improve on with in two weeks? As my next show is june 4th. Or is this an area that takes time?

thank you so much again

tammyp
05-18-2011, 01:51 PM
for your first time youll be fine. your waist is a bit wide so id work on delts and back width. conditioning a bit tighter as well.

Scoobysnacks
05-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Also another comment on the back fat, do you think that this is something I can improve on with in two weeks? As my next show is june 4th. Or is this an area that takes time?

thank you so much again

If you have two weeks then yes you can. I never bank on anything being water assume its fat. Id use some HIIT cardio, are you familiar with it. Also you could in the future look into yohimbine hcl the final weeks, but since it causes water retention and needs to be dropped one week out its not worth it now.

Id pull maybe a few more carbs and use some HIIT cardio. should help.

Good Luck

Ss

minibabe
05-18-2011, 03:20 PM
I am not familiar with either of them. I will look into this for sure. As far as carbs goes, I have been down to about 30g a day for the past 9 days. I will work with what I have for this first show on Saturday and try and do my best for the second one in two weeks.

As for the yohimbine hcl maybe this is something I can use next go around.

Thank you for the tips. And you are correct, I should not bank on it being water. I really hope I can pull this stuff together. I will post up some of the show pictures on Monday hopefully.

Thank you again :)

Scoobysnacks
05-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I am not familiar with either of them. I will look into this for sure. As far as carbs goes, I have been down to about 30g a day for the past 9 days. I will work with what I have for this first show on Saturday and try and do my best for the second one in two weeks.

As for the yohimbine hcl maybe this is something I can use next go around.

Thank you for the tips. And you are correct, I should not bank on it being water. I really hope I can pull this stuff together. I will post up some of the show pictures on Monday hopefully.

Thank you again :)

You are welcome.

HIIT = high intensity interval training. Example would be:

5 min warm up 15 intervals 5 mins cool down; INTERVAL = all out EFFORT for 20 seconds, then moderate for 40 seconds then repeat the all out EFFORT phase. Back and forth. Heart rate should get over 160 bpm fairly quickly. I use the recumbent bike, during your "sprint" phase if people arent looking at you wondering what the hell you are doing, you arent pedaling fast enough:yep:

Good Luck

Ss