PDA

View Full Version : i judged bikini this weekend

tammyp
03-29-2009, 03:27 PM
i was at the npc mr ms buffalo this weekend where i judged my 1st bikini class. granted this is a regional show, but it seems as though these girls dont train or diet...seems though they said..i wanna do a show today...as showed up. i hope the national shows get me more jazzed up for this new class.

Angela123
03-29-2009, 03:35 PM
i was afraid of that at smaller shows. bc let's be honest...i have been to regional shows where figure women show up and look as if they have not trained or dieted...ever. my gosh..i remember my first show..one women was ridiculous..it was just horrible how big, fat and covered in cellulite she was. it was embarrassing. so if some figure women are bad at regional...im sure bikini will have some bad ones as well.

it will be interesting to see jr usa's.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Tammy, I just attended my first NPC of the show year yesterday, where they had a Bikini class, and my observations match yours exactly ... with the exception of one competitor who looked very sharp and well prepared.

tammyp
03-29-2009, 04:17 PM
the only girl i thought was remotely decent shouldve done figure. and there is a different look entirely between classes. all we can do is wait and see...

MsGuns
03-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Interesting...
TammyP were there a lot of bikini gurls?

I guess the avg gurls are coming out...

sassy69
03-29-2009, 08:35 PM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA!

(Sorry had to choke that out, get it out of my system.... Please return to your regularly scheduled discussion...)

2hot4u
03-29-2009, 08:47 PM
this is great!!!!lol
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA!

(Sorry had to choke that out, get it out of my system.... Please return to your regularly scheduled discussion...)

carrie ann simmons
03-29-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm not gonna pretend to understand bikini. If all I wanted to do was get on stage in a bikini without training hard, I'd head up the road to the nearest sports bar and enter a contest there. At least I'd stand a chance at winning a couple hundred bucks for my trouble.

Ann Caliri
03-29-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm not gonna pretend to understand bikini. If all I wanted to do was get on stage in a bikini without training hard, I'd head up the road to the nearest sports bar and enter a contest there. At least I'd stand a chance at winning a couple hundred bucks for my trouble.

:lmao:

JVALDEZ
03-29-2009, 10:06 PM
i was afraid of that at smaller shows. bc let's be honest...i have been to regional shows where figure women show up and look as if they have not trained or dieted...ever. my gosh..i remember my first show..one women was ridiculous..it was just horrible how big, fat and covered in cellulite she was. it was embarrassing. so if some figure women are bad at regional...im sure bikini will have some bad ones as well.

it will be interesting to see jr usa's.

Well I feel you on that,but on a different note my wife just competed and took 1st in her class and lost the overall!!! as promised here are pics of my awsome wife,as soon as i get pics of the overall winner ill post them.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/joespeedzone/GEDC0618.jpg

Angela123
03-29-2009, 10:09 PM
damn...that pic didnt show thru. post again please. congrats to her!!!

JVALDEZ
03-29-2009, 10:17 PM
damn...that pic didnt show thru. post again please. congrats to her!!!

ok,its up!

Mufasa
03-29-2009, 10:23 PM

And don't forget, C; a free wet tee-shirt! (Or are you supposed to bring your own?) :confused:

Mufasa

Mufasa
03-29-2009, 10:26 PM
the only girl i thought was remotely decent shouldve done figure. and there is a different look entirely between classes. all we can do is wait and see...

Curious, Tammy;

How did she place?

Mufasa

~gymdiva~
03-29-2009, 10:28 PM
ok,its up!

I think your wife is a great example of someone that did her homework and brought in a good look...good coloring (tan), suit color looks awesome on her...I think she should give national level a shot for sure! :beerbang:

Mufasa
03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Well I feel you on that,but on a different note my wife just competed and took 1st in her class and lost the overall!!! as promised here are pics of my awsome wife,as soon as i get pics of the overall winner ill post them.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/joespeedzone/GEDC0618.jpg

I agree with Diva, J...

She really has great "figure" lines and most definitly looks like she prepared. To me, she looks better than those that won at the inaugural "AC" contest...by a mile...

Did she ever do a Figure Contest?

How do you and her think she compared to the overall winner?

Did you see a lot of the "walk-off-the-street" contestants like Tammy alluded to at her contest?

Congratulations! You guys should definitely take it to the National stage!

Mufasa

JVALDEZ
03-29-2009, 11:52 PM
I agree with Diva, J...

She really has great "figure" lines and most definitly looks like she prepared. To me, she looks better than those that won at the inaugural "AC" contest...by a mile...

Did she ever do a Figure Contest?

Actually no, it's her first show

How do you and her think she compared to the overall winner?

Since she's my wife im pretty bias,but from what i was told she should have won and the promoter of the show came up to her after and said the same,but to answer the question she looked better.

Did you see a lot of the "walk-off-the-street" contestants like Tammy alluded to at her contest?

There were 18 total competitiors I'd have to say at least half looked like walk ons.

Congratulations! You guys should definitely take it to the National stage!

Thanks, and she's already planning it!! jr's here we come!

Mufasa

jr's here we come!!

JVALDEZ
03-29-2009, 11:54 PM
I think your wife is a great example of someone that did her homework and brought in a good look...good coloring (tan), suit color looks awesome on her...I think she should give national level a shot for sure! :beerbang:
thanks,she really worked her but off! and she plans on doing the jr's.

~gymdiva~
03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
usa's or natls?

JVALDEZ
03-30-2009, 01:14 AM
usa's or natls?
nationals

bigmikecox
03-30-2009, 05:01 AM
i was at the npc mr ms buffalo this weekend where i judged my 1st bikini class. granted this is a regional show, but it seems as though these girls dont train or diet...seems though they said..i wanna do a show today...as showed up. i hope the national shows get me more jazzed up for this new class.

How do you decide who is the winner?

LANCE SPENCER
03-30-2009, 05:28 AM
i think its more like a beauty contest,am i right??

tammyp
03-30-2009, 06:13 AM
your wife is what bikini is suppose to be. shes gorgeous!

the girl i liked (figure look) took 3rd out of 5 girls.

Mufasa
03-30-2009, 07:22 AM

What do you think she was marked down for, Tammy?

(Too muscular? Too hard? Other?)

Mufasa

tammyp
03-30-2009, 07:51 AM
it wasnt the bikini look.

bikini look..beach shape...SI, playboy.

figure and bikini are different looks all together. figure has V taper, lines in delts...bikini ...none of that.

Mufasa
03-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Got it!

Thanks!

I guess we all are trying to get some kind of handle on the bikini criteria...

Mufasa

Allifit
03-30-2009, 08:16 AM
i'm not gonna pretend to understand bikini. If all i wanted to do was get on stage in a bikini without training hard, i'd head up the road to the nearest sports bar and enter a contest there. At least i'd stand a chance at winning a couple hundred bucks for my trouble.

lmao.........................:d

Allifit
03-30-2009, 08:30 AM

I competed at the AC in figure and so I was backstage with all the inagural bikini girls. Despite there being some decent bodies, there seemed to be little to no preparation involved in the show. Most of the girls werent even tanned and didnt even look like they'd leaned out or dieted. Some even had that loathed muffin top thing going on with their bikinis.

Far be it from me to detract from ANY beautiful woman, and I hope I'm not treading on ANY toes although I'm sure I will when I say this- IMO bikini has NO home being a "judged" competition in a NATIONAL PHYSIQUE organization. I'm trying to approach this with an open mind, but I simply cannot wrap my head around this notion- that we're moving "bikini contests" from sports bars to a competitive stage.:confused:

This is the same organization that houses female and male bodybuilding, figure, AND fitness. And now.... um bikini? What's next? If we keep lowering the standards to compete soon we'll have "IFBB coach potatos".

Bikini bodies are hot. They're great. They belong on the beach and in swimsuit magazines and in local "hottie of the night" bar contests, but they don't belong on the competitive stage of a physique committee. I understand that the NPC wants the marketability of having bikini, but "marketability" should not be a sole determining factor. The NPC is supposed to be the most prestigious amateur organization and if it isnt bad enough that they're neglecting fbbers and watering down figure physiques, we have now introduced "bikini" which (try as I might) just makes my stomach roll.

They are, in a sense, selling out in an effort to reach a more mainstream audience. And I find that disturbing.

esplendido
03-30-2009, 08:42 AM
The damn Show (IFBB, NPC) is run by MEN....and those men are promoters who like to make money. Bikini is just a greedy way to make more money with NO consideration of the sport of BBing.....PERIOD!

JVALDEZ
03-30-2009, 10:39 AM

Thanks Tammy,that means a lot to her,who knows this could be baby steps towards figure????;)

stephaniewicked
03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
J - Congratulations to your wife! She looks amazing!!

I've been dieting since the beginning of January for a bikini show in 4 weeks and I'm appalled by the (speculated) number of girls just jumping on stage for the hell of it when some of us have been working our asses off in preparation for a show. Even moreso, knowing the controversy surrounding this division, I want to show that I worked hard, dieted right and earned my way onto the stage. Hopefully that effort will reflect for those who truly put forth the work and stand out from those who effortlessly showed up on contest day.

Thanks for sharing your judging experience, Tammy!

JVALDEZ
03-30-2009, 11:02 AM
J - Congratulations to your wife! She looks amazing!!

I've been dieting since the beginning of January for a bikini show in 4 weeks and I'm appalled by the (speculated) number of girls just jumping on stage for the hell of it when some of us have been working our asses off in preparation for a show. Even moreso, knowing the controversy surrounding this division, I want to show that I worked hard, dieted right and earned my way onto the stage. Hopefully that effort will reflect for those who truly put forth the work and stand out from those who effortlessly showed up on contest day.

Thanks for sharing your judging experience, Tammy!

Thanks steph,go out there and rock that stage girl!

stephaniewicked
03-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks, J! :)

Hey Tammy... how did the girls pose (if at all)? I can't imagine standing on stage without posing in a presentable fashion, yet it seemed that some girls at the AC were just kinda standing there when they were off to the side. I heard on Muscle Girls radio last week that there isn't any required posing except for feet together during call outs.

Fitswim by Celeste
03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
we are having our first bikini show this weekend, and it is always a huge show - probably around 120-140 competitors, so it should be interesting to see how many there will be for bikini. i do wish they would wait a year before they start handing out pro cards - kind of ridiculous IMO.

pnohe
03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
I can tell you that the competitor that I am prepping for bikini at the Jr. usa's is BUSTING HER ASS!!!!! here is the difference as I see it from a trainers perspective.... She just does not have the natural ability to put on the kind of muscle that is being sought on the top national or pro level (I know because of the girls I currently work with and have worked with in the past). that being said, why not try this new class? she will look great at the Jr. USA's and if anything less than 100% commited atheletes show up, it will be lights out!!!!!!!!!

support the sport and the atheletes!!!!!!

~gymdiva~
03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
well figure started out the same way on the local level...there were girls who CLEARLY had no clue as to what a figure contest was...this will go the same way for a little while...

BadBoy
03-30-2009, 01:06 PM
i was at the npc mr ms buffalo this weekend where i judged my 1st bikini class. granted this is a regional show, but it seems as though these girls dont train or diet...seems though they said..i wanna do a show today...as showed up.

It's bikini.

What about that makes you think they work out?

Allifit
03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
The damn Show (IFBB, NPC) is run by MEN....and those men are promoters who like to make money. Bikini is just a greedy way to make more money with NO consideration of the sport of BBing.....PERIOD!

agreed esplendido- and I find it disheartning.....

tammyp
03-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks, J! :)

Hey Tammy... how did the girls pose (if at all)? I can't imagine standing on stage without posing in a presentable fashion, yet it seemed that some girls at the AC were just kinda standing there when they were off to the side. I heard on Muscle Girls radio last week that there isn't any required posing except for feet together during call outs.

quarter turns, stage walk but not formal poses, more like hand on hip, that sort of thing.

sassy69
03-30-2009, 06:49 PM
I can tell you that the competitor that I am prepping for bikini at the Jr. usa's is BUSTING HER ASS!!!!! here is the difference as I see it from a trainers perspective.... She just does not have the natural ability to put on the kind of muscle that is being sought on the top national or pro level (I know because of the girls I currently work with and have worked with in the past). that being said, why not try this new class? she will look great at the Jr. USA's and if anything less than 100% commited atheletes show up, it will be lights out!!!!!!!!!

support the sport and the atheletes!!!!!!

I get where you're coming from, but this statement bothers me a lot. How do you know she doesn't have "natural ability to put on muscle"? How long has she been lifting? 16 weeks of busting her ass? IMO I don't think people should be allowed on stage in a physique competition until they've done at least 2 yrs of solid lifting. Its TIME SPENT and MUSCLE EARNED. That's how you get "that kind of muscle". Those are the same people we all rolled our eyes at in Figure shows. And now they've dropped the bar even lower.

Sorry for the rant... It so feels like they're rewarding newbs and nothing else. Anyone who wants to go above & beyond moderatetly tight is probably too manly.

.. LOL Ugh.

Anyway I am still staying open-minded about this category & hoping to see some frustration by next year for the girls who are more advanced in their physiques who are looking for some love.

Best of luck w/ your client. I don't agree that its appropriate for open cattle call for the national shows this year either. People work hard to qualify for those shows in the other categories. But I guess that's why I don't work for the NPC.

(sorry for the sour grapes...)

sassy69
03-30-2009, 06:50 PM
quarter turns, stage walk but not formal poses, more like hand on hip, that sort of thing.

I hope they start specifying something. The stuff I saw at the AC show included things like shitty posture.. you'd think they'd know better ....

Skeptic
03-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Evidently Bikini is not offered up here in Canada, well at least in Ontario. That according to the only FBB at my gym.

Allifit
03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I get where you're coming from, but this statement bothers me a lot. How do you know she doesn't have "natural ability to put on muscle"? How long has she been lifting? 16 weeks of busting her ass? IMO I don't think people should be allowed on stage in a physique competition until they've done at least 2 yrs of solid lifting. Its TIME SPENT and MUSCLE EARNED. That's how you get "that kind of muscle". Those are the same people we all rolled our eyes at in Figure shows. And now they've dropped the bar even lower.

Best of luck w/ your client. I don't agree that its appropriate for open cattle call for the national shows this year either. People work hard to qualify for those shows in the other categories. But I guess that's why I don't work for the NPC.

Don't be sorry for "sour grapes". I'm glad I'm not the only skeptic.

I began lifting at age 18. I didn't do my first show until I was almost 21. That was NABBA. Then I took MORE time off to lift and did my first NPC show at 23 where I won the overall and qualified for nationals. Since, I've done the IFBB North Americans where I got 13th in my class, then the Arnold Am where I placed 6th.

My point with stating that, is that I lifted for nearly 3 years before I did a show. I continue to lift hard and work hard each and every day I'm in the gym. When I began lifting I was 110 lbs. 110 lbs. At 5'6"1/2 that is stringy. I couldn't curl 10 lbs for more then a few repetitions. Now I've weighed as much as 155 in my offseason and have a competiton weight of 128. I can curl 45lbs for reps. I had a body that most people would haved written off as never being able to gain muscle, and it simply isn't so. Yout statement that she "Cannot gain muscle" resonates with me because you cannot sit back and think that a girl doesnt have the natural ability to put on muscle without ACTUALLY giving her body that chance. It's not something that happens in 16 weeks.

And Sassy's statements about lowering the bar are spot on.....how much lower can we go?

sassy69
03-30-2009, 07:25 PM
I respect anyone who gets in the gym & kills it for a goal, but I started lifting when I was 16. I went years being the only girl in the gym and getting soo many dirty looks for being a girl touching the free weights and not staying in the "women's section". I didn't do my first show until I was 35 and I agonized over being "good enough" to even aspire to call myself a bodybuilder. And now people are trying to get on stage after < 12 months of training and getting all up in arms about how much more muscle they need to add by their next show.. which of course, is how we get into the whole steroid discussion. Anyone can kill it for a couple months, but can you do it for 27 years w/ the same gusto you walked into the gym w/ the first time?

But I guess you get my point. But like I said, props to anyone who goes into the gym w/ a goal. Lift hard ladies! Your bodies are strong and beautiful and never let anyone tell you you can't accomplish any fucking thing you want. You might not do it "this season" but I'll personally kick anyone directly in the gonads that tells you that you "can't". The gym is all about blowing the boundaries away. But it takes time. The journey is the reward. The boundaries you blow away are just places you stop to take a look at where you are.

But by the same token, what's the point if the boundary is reachable by just about anyone? That's how you breed mediocrity.

Allifit
03-30-2009, 07:29 PM
But I guess you get my point. But like I said, props to anyone who goes into the gym w/ a goal. Lift hard ladies! Your bodies are strong and beautiful and never let anyone tell you you can't accomplish any fucking thing you want. You might not do it "this season" but I'll personally kick anyone directly in the gonads that tells you that you "can't". The gym is all about blowing the boundaries away. But it takes time. The journey is the reward. The boundaries you blow away are just places you stop to take a look at where you are.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

But by the same token, what's the point if the boundary is reachable by just about anyone? That's how you breed mediocrity.

and this is how I feel about bikini unfortunately. When promoters and judges have openly said they want girls with "little to no muscularity" on stage in the regards to this "bikini" thing I tend to draw the line....

Suzanne
03-30-2009, 07:39 PM

Sorry for the rant... It so feels like they're rewarding newbs and nothing else. Anyone who wants to go above & beyond moderatetly tight is probably too manly.

.. LOL Ugh.

Anyway I am still staying open-minded about this category & hoping to see some frustration by next year for the girls who are more advanced in their physiques who are looking for some love.

this is so accurate! so many wanna be on stage in less than a year i just don't get it! why don't they want to look like they belong up there take the time to get the look.

I took more time off over the last year to make improvements then many of these girls who hit the stage and then complain they weren't big enough, lean enough and then go to the next step of saying those who did look good MUST be on drugs! It takes time! just about any one should be able to get figure amount of muscle if they just put in the work

bikini - i don't get at all! i don't get "prepping" for bikini that is a year round look that tons of people have it is a look taht is easily maintained no reason for an "off season" not like they ned to gain muscle????? no bkini competitors i know form hawaiin tropic (there were customers at my supplemnt store) prepped they looked the same year round and they top competitors

Angela123
03-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Don't be sorry for "sour grapes". I'm glad I'm not the only skeptic.

I began lifting at age 18. I didn't do my first show until I was almost 21. That was NABBA. Then I took MORE time off to lift and did my first NPC show at 23 where I won the overall and qualified for nationals. Since, I've done the IFBB North Americans where I got 13th in my class, then the Arnold Am where I placed 6th.

My point with stating that, is that I lifted for nearly 3 years before I did a show. I continue to lift hard and work hard each and every day I'm in the gym. When I began lifting I was 110 lbs. 110 lbs. At 5'6"1/2 that is stringy. I couldn't curl 10 lbs for more then a few repetitions. Now I've weighed as much as 155 in my offseason and have a competiton weight of 128. I can curl 45lbs for reps. I had a body that most people would haved written off as never being able to gain muscle, and it simply isn't so. Yout statement that she "Cannot gain muscle" resonates with me because you cannot sit back and think that a girl doesnt have the natural ability to put on muscle without ACTUALLY giving her body that chance. It's not something that happens in 16 weeks.

And Sassy's statements about lowering the bar are spot on.....how much lower can we go?

same here. started lifting at 19. first show in 2005, was at 22. even though people were telling me to do shows 6 months after i started lifting lol. i laughed in their faces. when i did decide to, i was 138 and dieted down for 16 wks to a ripped, yet very small 108, i had to get that small bc i didnt have as much muscle as I thought! it was an eye opener. yah, i was conditioned and had a good shape but i seriously needed more muscle and time in the gym...and that was after lifting for 3 years. in 08 i competed in figure at 127-130, bodybuilding at 124. offseason is now about 147. and my 147 now looks hell of a lot better than my 138 did those years ago!

many people who think they can never gain muscle...just arent training/eating properly. and no..when you are training for a show..actually you should be worried about leaning out, not adding the size. you cant put much muscle on when you dieting hardcore and doing tons of cardio. you need to work on adding that muscle in the offseason or throughout the years of constant lifting. lifting for a year does not mean you have tons of experience. i wish women would realize that it is okay to not compete right away. lift hardcore for a few years at least. i did...but shit...even after a few years, i was still tiny as hell at that 1st show. i finally have decent size...im almost 27...it takes a while. im still working on improving.

Angela123
03-30-2009, 09:43 PM
congrats jvaldez to your wife tho! she looks like she has the right structure for bikini. she did her homework too...tan, suit, hair, make up..all right on track. in regards to her not winning the over all...think of the little things...maybe she needs to work on her walk or poses. from the side she looks great...do you have any back or front shots tho?

JVALDEZ
03-30-2009, 11:23 PM
congrats jvaldez to your wife tho! she looks like she has the right structure for bikini. she did her homework too...tan, suit, hair, make up..all right on track. in regards to her not winning the over all...think of the little things...maybe she needs to work on her walk or poses. from the side she looks great...do you have any back or front shots tho?

Thanks ondrea,and i found out why she lost,no rear end,uggggg!! As soon as i get them ill post them,Im working on the youtube video so stay tuned!!

sassy69
03-31-2009, 12:42 AM
thanks ondrea,and i found out why she lost,no rear end,uggggg!! As soon as i get them ill post them,im working on the youtube video so stay tuned!!

squatz!

Allifit
03-31-2009, 08:29 AM
squatz!
And romanian deadlifts.... using the smith bar.... I do high reps, 15-20 reps.....builds in those glute n hammies.

Mufasa
03-31-2009, 09:12 AM
And romanian deadlifts.... using the smith bar.... I do high reps, 15-20 reps.....builds in those glute n hammies.

Uh...I think I need more photographic proof, Alli...! :p

Mufasa

Skeptic
03-31-2009, 09:22 AM
squatz!

This needs to be capitalized. SKKKWWWAAAAATTTTTZZZZZ

pnohe
03-31-2009, 09:38 AM

.. LOL Ugh.

hey now! don't EVER appologize for what you call sour grapes. Not to me anyway. opinions are always valid in our sport. my client has a lifelong history of gymnastics training, is a full time personal trainer and has aproxiamately 4 years of what we might call full time training towards the goal physique competition. could she stand on a figure stage? absofriggin lutely!! how likely is it that she could progress beyond the regional level... hmm questionable at best. I make my living doing this and I am good at it. It is ultimately important that I have an eye for the future of my competitors. my years in the industry and time spent with my many clients tell me about the "natural ability" of my competitors. Some have the gentics, some do not... work ethic is not always a lone determining factor of progress

Allifit
03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Uh...I think I need more photographic proof, Alli...! :p

Mufasa

hahaha "off season" glutes or "on season" glutes? Cause thats two different asses lol

Mufasa
04-01-2009, 10:18 PM
hahaha "off season" glutes or "on season" glutes? Cause thats two different asses lol

WooHooo!!!!!!

You mean I have a CHOICE Alli?????

(Okay...I just died and went to heaven! :p)

Hehe!

Mufasa

sassy69
04-02-2009, 02:05 AM
hey now! don't EVER appologize for what you call sour grapes. Not to me anyway. opinions are always valid in our sport. my client has a lifelong history of gymnastics training, is a full time personal trainer and has aproxiamately 4 years of what we might call full time training towards the goal physique competition. could she stand on a figure stage? absofriggin lutely!! how likely is it that she could progress beyond the regional level... hmm questionable at best. I make my living doing this and I am good at it. It is ultimately important that I have an eye for the future of my competitors. my years in the industry and time spent with my many clients tell me about the "natural ability" of my competitors. Some have the gentics, some do not... work ethic is not always a lone determining factor of progress

Thx for understanding. I don't want to dump on anyone who goes after the competitions made available. I think you get the larger concern we, as the established physique community, have about "where" its going / appears to going / no idea where its going. Technically, if you pay your federation annual dues, your entry fee and comply w/ the required suits & posing, you are qualified to stand in a competition. But I think its more on the competitors to help educate the newcomers about what what is considered "good" competition protocol. I.e. we want to set the bar high so that people do bring their best, as opposed to just showing up or because someone told them "You could compete!" becaues they look better than the average person in the gym (or a trainer is looking to get a client). IMO the reality is that most first timers will feel a great sense of accomplishment doing a show, but after a couple (if they choose to pursue it), they will probably start to feel frustration w/ the lack of direction to go in terms of constantly improving their physiques w/ more training, diet, etc. They become the girls who WANT to get ripped, but that isn't rewarded anywhere in the current catalog of categories.

Anyway... we'll see. It is still up to the competitors, IMO to keep the expected quality high and encourage competitors to put in the time in terms of years instead of seasons.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-02-2009, 04:49 AM
What's interesting, and what noone ever brings up is the NAME of this division. For the first time, we have a division named, not for any physique description (ie Bodybuilding, fitness, figure), but for what the contestants WEAR. That should speak volumes. (Yes I'm aware all female atheletes wear bikinis in at least part of their show). Maybe that's even more telling..

JVALDEZ
04-02-2009, 10:49 AM

As promised,her is the link for the final for bikini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgSfJieI2rw

~gymdiva~
04-02-2009, 12:06 PM

here you go :)

cgSfJieI2rw

~gymdiva~
04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
oh I liked the cut of the bottoms of her suit! I wasn't expecting that cute little v thing in the back!

JVALDEZ
04-02-2009, 01:23 PM
oh I liked the cut of the bottoms of her suit! I wasn't expecting that cute little v thing in the back!

Thanks for putting that up!

tammyp
04-02-2009, 01:58 PM
shes really cute. she will do well. i hope shes doing nationals.

MsGuns
04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
UFE shows out of Canada have bikini model comps....
I thought they had the LOOK....what do yall think?

MsGuns
04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Evidently Bikini is not offered up here in Canada, well at least in Ontario. That according to the only FBB at my gym.

UFE and FAME shows offer it...

MsGuns
04-02-2009, 02:06 PM
What's interesting, and what noone ever brings up is the NAME of this division. For the first time, we have a division named, not for any physique description (ie Bodybuilding, fitness, figure), but for what the contestants WEAR. That should speak volumes. (Yes I'm aware all female atheletes wear bikinis in at least part of their show). Maybe that's even more telling..

huh?

Angela123
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM

omg. i couldnt even finish watching it. i got too upset. your wife got robbed. not only is her genetric structure more appealing for what bikini wants, but she is a hell of a lot sexier (and let's face it...sexy counts for bikini), her suit was TONS better and it fit her better, her hair looked better, she KILLED the other girl in walking, poses and just standing there. the other girl looked awkward when she was standing. and what about the back pose, the other girl kept her hand on her hip, that made her look sloppy. and the 'no ass' comment, ummm...the other girl's ass...i dont even think its any different than your wife's ass. your wife's ass looks much better, the suit complimented it. the other girl's suit bottom was too big and baggy.

maybe your wife was too sexy lol. intimidated the judges.

wow. that made me just as mad as when i watch some figure comps! your wife should have won. i thought maybe she lost bc of presentation and posing..NOPE..she looked awesome out there. the other girl looked bad in her posing and presentation. your wife nailed all of it.

JVALDEZ
04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
omg. i couldnt even finish watching it. i got too upset. your wife got robbed. not only is her genetric structure more appealing for what bikini wants, but she is a hell of a lot sexier (and let's face it...sexy counts for bikini), her suit was TONS better and it fit her better, her hair looked better, she KILLED the other girl in walking, poses and just standing there. the other girl looked awkward when she was standing. and what about the back pose, the other girl kept her hand on her hip, that made her look sloppy. and the 'no ass' comment, ummm...the other girl's ass...i dont even think its any different than your wife's ass. your wife's ass looks much better, the suit complimented it. the other girl's suit bottom was too big and baggy.

maybe your wife was too sexy lol. intimidated the judges.

wow. that made me just as mad as when i watch some figure comps! your wife should have won. i thought maybe she lost bc of presentation and posing..NOPE..she looked awesome out there. the other girl looked bad in her posing and presentation. your wife nailed all of it.

Thanks so much for the comment Ondrea,my wife really really appreciated that,well she has the bug in her now! next up is the cal then jr nats,ill keep you informed!:)

JVALDEZ
04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
shes really cute. she will do well. i hope shes doing nationals.

thanks tammy,and yes jr nats are first on the list!

Arina Manta
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM

I back up those romanian deadlifts ( and not because I am Romanian :) ), but they are just great for the glutes and hammies. I do them with dumbbells and also one leg at the time ( the other one is up in the air ) keeping the ballance on holding on a incline bench.

PS: off topic: Alli girl you look great. Looking at your avatar pic, You improuved so much for the past 2 -3 years. You put some good size on you. Training hard payes of at the end. Well done and best of luck.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-02-2009, 06:45 PM
huh?

Bikini is a piece of clothing, not a body or atheletic performance.

MsGuns
04-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Hooter gurls dont look bad in bikini's either...2008 Miss Hooters International
http://southflorida.metromix.com/restaurants/photogallery/miss-hooters-international-is/495089/content
What do yall think???

sassy69
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Bikini is a piece of clothing, not a body or atheletic performance.

I assume they're leveraging the term "bikini body". A la bikini competitions, etc.

Suzanne
04-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Hooter gurls dont look bad in bikini's either...2008 Miss Hooters International
http://southflorida.metromix.com/restaurants/photogallery/miss-hooters-international-is/495089/content
What do yall think???

i think bikini does not belong in npc
they should stay at hooters hawaain tropic
and why pay all the money to compete in npc when you can compete at a bar for free and win money

MsGuns
04-07-2009, 09:36 PM
The Ms. Bikini Atlantic competition is quite simply a beauty contest, but with special emphasis on body shape, condition and overall attractiveness. It includes three competitive rounds. There are no qualifications to compete and the event is open to women worldwide. There are two Open Divisions - under 5'4" and over 5’4”. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age. No minors are permitted regardless of parental consent. In addition there is also a classic bikini division for contestants 35 years of age or older.

Bikini Judging Criteria
Themed Sportswear Round - 50% of Score
- Poise & Presence - 33%
- Sports Wear Selection - 33%
- Appearance - 33%
You have a chance to show your modeling talents and your creativity. Just like in the swimsuit round you will be asked to walk from one side of the stage to the other performing quarter turns at a specific point outlined on stage. The themed apparel you select should best represent your character, personality, athletic interests and/or any other appearance you're comfortable wearing. Just make sure it compliments your body. Work your magic - before you go on stage relax, enjoy your presentation and remember to smile.
This is an opportunity for contestants to get creative with their costume which can be designed of any sport in mind. No offensive costumes will be allowed (see through tops, thongs etc.) http://www.fitnessatlantic.com/images/bikini-rules.jpg

Bikini Round - 50% of Score
- Body Condition - 33%
- Facial Beauty - 33%
- Appearance - 33% Judges will analyze body shape, tone, symmetry, complexion, poise presentation and overall condition. Also, they will be looking for fit, toned feminine body that display proper conditioning. Contestants will be judged individually and in group comparisons. Facial beauty will be judged during this round as well. In the Bikini Round, Contestants must wear a two-piece, bikini swimsuit and high heel shoes. If a contestant is competing in both a Fitness Universe Pageant and Ms. Bikini Universe regional event, she must wear a different swimsuit in each event. G-String or thong type swimsuits are not allowed. Contestants whom have a muscular appearance and/or walk and generally carry themselves in a masculine manner will be negatively scored by the judges. http://www.fitnessatlantic.com/images/bikini-rules2.jpg

Maybe the NPC can follow other orgs...smile

Sledge
04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
The local NABBA here has a "sports model" comp attached to the shows, though it's not an official NABBA class. The last one I went to the woman that won was afigure compeditor who was a little out of shape. the woman that came second i had pegged for last etc etc etc their seemed to be no consistancy in the placings at all.

lilfitgirl
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
just out of curiosity...does anyone agree that bikini is a good starting point for first time competitors that are maybe not to the physique maturity needed to compete as figure!?

just a personal stand point...I am considering entering a few local shows next year and i am struggling with weather or not to try bikini or figure, as of now my muscle maturity is no where near what it needs to be for figure and would most likely do much better starting out in bikini - although my altimate goal is to put on mass and one day be able to compete in figure.

i do agree with the opinion that the women who enter should look fit and look like they have dieted and have that tight cute physique...i just watched the NPC Natural Ohio show last weekend and there were a few girls that i thaught should've dieted more and a few that need to work on stage presentation and poise...but for the most part a decent class.

JVALDEZ - your wife is a great example of a 'bikini bod' and i totally think she should've won overall!

Angela123
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
hey girlie...ive made it pretty clear that i am open to bikini. i will admit, at first it angered me and i hated the idea, but ive changed my view. i do agree that it IS a great starting point for future figure competitors. people get so mad seeing 'bikini' type women in figure..well now those people cant bitch about them, bc those women can do bikini.

do i think some of the bikini women who ive seen look like shit...yes...some do. they need to realize they cant just go on stage just bc to the average person, they look ok in a bikini. but ive seen plenty of figure competitors who look like shit too. and even some fbb who definitly should not have gotten on stage without another 6-8 wks of dieting.

JVALDEZ
04-10-2009, 12:07 AM
just out of curiosity...does anyone agree that bikini is a good starting point for first time competitors that are maybe not to the physique maturity needed to compete as figure!?

just a personal stand point...I am considering entering a few local shows next year and i am struggling with weather or not to try bikini or figure, as of now my muscle maturity is no where near what it needs to be for figure and would most likely do much better starting out in bikini - although my altimate goal is to put on mass and one day be able to compete in figure.

i do agree with the opinion that the women who enter should look fit and look like they have dieted and have that tight cute physique...i just watched the NPC Natural Ohio show last weekend and there were a few girls that i thaught should've dieted more and a few that need to work on stage presentation and poise...but for the most part a decent class.

JVALDEZ - your wife is a great example of a 'bikini bod' and i totally think she should've won overall!

Thanks! I personally think that it's a great start for a aspiring figure comp,it gets your feet wet into the npc and on to bigger and better things! good luck and rock that stage!!

tammyp
04-10-2009, 05:31 AM
i am open to it, very much so. just what i saw and judged wasnt anything to jazz me for it, to say the least.

sassy69
04-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Its an opportunity to get on the stage, but is it really worth that much in a competitive PHYSIQUE environment. Part of me is just itching to yell out loud "IF YOU"RE NOT READY FOR THE STAGE THEN SPEND ANOTHER YEAR LIFTING YOUR ASS OFF! ITS A PHYSIQUE COMPETITION!!!!!" This thing we call "stage ready" and "muscular development" are somethign you have to work for. That's why its a competition. There's PREP. And TIME SPENT.

I get they want to open the competition up to people, but the criteria for a bikini competitor is like "be breathing, dont' be fat, have a 2-piece suit". That's it. So... I guess I'm still on my rant about this is a lifestyle, not a season. If you don't have sufficient muscle mass to be a figure girl, then get the hell in the gym and start pushing & pulling heavy stuff. BUt by the same toekn, IMO it only takes a year of reasonable lifting, from scratch, to get the basic foundation of a figure physique.

/rant ... Sorry, all my personal opinion.

But to the point, the Bikini category exists, its a done deal. Its now officially part of what the NPC calls their collection of competitive categories. Let's see and encourage quality physiques who uphold the integrity of the "sport" (or whatever you want to call it). I'm all for women taking control of their bodies and developing their muscle mass to a beautiful result. If you're not concerned with the muscle, then IMO you're in the wrong "sport".

Suzanne
04-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I personally think if someone want to do figure then don't start in bikini you can't put on muscle while you do shows

why not take time and build the type of body you want instead of just getting on stage

bikini and figure are two completely diff body structures it isn't just muscle
bikini wants narrower collar bones wider hips exact opposite of figure

dvsness
04-10-2009, 01:04 PM
If you don't have sufficient muscle mass to be a figure girl, then get the hell in the gym and start pushing & pulling heavy stuff.

I personally think if someone want to do figure then don't start in bikini you can't put on muscle while you do shows

:beerbang:

~gymdiva~
04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
you know, I was thinking about it just now...and this thought had not occurred to me...

I have always tried to stay optimistic on this division...give it a shot and see where it goes...I do think it's a good stepping stone to someone who may want to move up to figure/fitness/bb one day...do I think it should be worthy of a pro card? no...especially when it has not even had a chance to be tested out yet...but I did just think about us bringing up why would someone want to spend money to compete in something they could earn money in at the local bar? well, maybe that's just it...maybe some women want something set in a more "classier" setting...this brings them in, they compete, they see more muscular women, they decide to step it up and go further and lift more, etc...it could be a snowball affect for some women...

but you know, like it or not, a bikini body is a physique...and all of us who compete equate hard work with a competitive physique, this is in actuality a physique...clearly this is going to be one of those things that a lot of us find laughable...but it's all about opening it up to the masses...I'll personally ignore it like I do most figure competitors and just do my thang...but I will support women like JV's wife who clearly have done their homework and put in the effort to compete...and hope that she gets bitten by the iron bug ;)

sassy69
04-11-2009, 03:27 AM
you know, I was thinking about it just now...and this thought had not occurred to me...

I have always tried to stay optimistic on this division...give it a shot and see where it goes...I do think it's a good stepping stone to someone who may want to move up to figure/fitness/bb one day...do I think it should be worthy of a pro card? no...especially when it has not even had a chance to be tested out yet...but I did just think about us bringing up why would someone want to spend money to compete in something they could earn money in at the local bar? well, maybe that's just it...maybe some women want something set in a more "classier" setting...this brings them in, they compete, they see more muscular women, they decide to step it up and go further and lift more, etc...it could be a snowball affect for some women...

but you know, like it or not, a bikini body is a physique...and all of us who compete equate hard work with a competitive physique, this is in actuality a physique...clearly this is going to be one of those things that a lot of us find laughable...but it's all about opening it up to the masses...I'll personally ignore it like I do most figure competitors and just do my thang...but I will support women like JV's wife who clearly have done their homework and put in the effort to compete...and hope that she gets bitten by the iron bug ;)

I guess at the end of the day, this is it. I still think it falls to the established competitors to set the stage for what should be considered stage quality, and also make it "ok" to wait and do the show you are prepared for vs the show date, regardless of prepared or not. If Bikini is supposed to be a pathway to Figure, then identify the girls who want to move up and show them the way. Encourage the time in the gym, and not the drugs.

tammyp
04-11-2009, 05:46 AM
i am with sharon. pro cards the 1st year? its a gift to me. it should have been tested out, let the girls and judges establish the look and criteria. i think more respect would be given if the class was called physique model or something along that line. bikini is too hooter girls!