PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Competition Season- BikiniAshley_62 :)

BikiniAshley_62
05-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey everyone! I'm a new poster on here but I wanted to start a journal. I feel it helps others to get to know you better, and I like the accountability. (And it gives me something to do inbetween meals ;)

My contest is on June 18th, in New Haven CT. I'll be doing the NPC CT State! I'll be competing in Bikini (for now.) PJ is my contest prep coach. Everything has been going really awesome!

I hired him halfway through my prep and he's been a lifesaver! I have a trainer, too, Tabitha Leandri.

I discovered the world of competing when I joined Gold's Gym New Haven in November of '09. I was inspired to change my life for the better when I saw the amazing, motivating atmosphere within the gym. Prior to joining, I had been struggling with eating disorders and a poor self-image.

I'll be updating as often as I can! Feel free to stop in and write.... well, whatever you want!!! :byeb:

BikiniAshley_62
05-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Today is my Saturday. (I have a weird schedule.) I definitely slept in.... Why can't I be a chipper morning person?! Damn.

Today I train with my trainer.... back, biceps, and abs. I also would like to get to the gym early so I can practice my posing. I haven't been doing that nearly as much as I want to, lately.

PJ gave me a small cheat last night. I had 2 pieces pizza. It sucked, because I have a BIG appetite... For my last cheat, I had a medium pizza with extra sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, 2 Reese's Big Cups, and 1/2 a box of Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake rolls.... lol. Needless to say he wasn't amused.

:drool:

What can I say.... I love to eat! And At 6'2", I can put away a decent amount of it!!! ;0

It's cold and freakin' raining today which doesn't make me want to go look at cars; but I need to. Maybe a third cup of coffee will help?

Oh! I'll also be competing July 16th in New York at the former Empire States show (not sure what its called now- It's now a MuscleMania show.)

Peace! I'll check in later. ;)

tammyp
05-17-2011, 04:51 PM
welcome and subscribed!

stephaniewicked
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Damn, girl... I thought I had an appetite haha... at least we can talk about it in our journals without feeling too guilty! :p

Look forward to following your progress...

BikiniAshley_62
05-18-2011, 12:30 AM
welcome and subscribed!

Thanks!! Glad to know at least one person is reading ;)

The training went well tonight! Oh, and I found a car. I'll post a picture when I buy it. =) I have to fill out the loan paperwork, etc.

I got a massage tonight... Soooo relaxing! Sigh. =)

I need to go to bed early tonight and that makes me sad! I am such a frickin' night owl it's not funny! I have a shoot tomorrow though (my first, local) and I have a shitton of stuff to do in the am beforehand.

I'll come back and let y'all know how tomorrow goes! ;)

Mr.Dedication
05-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Good luck on the competition and I'll be following :)

BikiniAshley_62
05-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Damn, girl... I thought I had an appetite haha... at least we can talk about it in our journals without feeling too guilty! :p

Look forward to following your progress...

Thanks Steph!!! I've been lurking your journal and you're gorgeous!!!

You're doing the JR. USAS right? And yes... I have a HUGE appetite. LOL.

<3

BikiniAshley_62
05-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Longer entry later.... I'm prepping food.

I WANT A REESE'S!!!!!!!!!

BikiniAshley_62
05-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Good luck on the competition and I'll be following :)

Thanks, babe!!! Do you have a journal, too???

Less than 4 weeks to go!!!!

:hmn:

BikiniAshley_62
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Today is a good day. I finished up work yesterday with a 4p-12a shift and I'm off until I leave for vacation. Not only is this my first contest prep, but it's my first time traveling while prepping (if that makes sense.) I'm a type A OCD organized type of Chick, so this should be easy- as long as I don't pack too much. (I could see myself bringing every spice I own, as well as 9 pairs of sneakers and all my muscle mags. LOL.)

I'm meeting Fleur and Jill at the gym later (if I can be ready in time- LOL.) I also have a one hour posing session with Tabi at 6- time to refine the posing and just hone in on what looks good, add some much-needed pizzazz, etc. I find I'm having a tendency to look too lost in thought while posing... LOL... Better than looking like a vapid ditz onstage though, right?! Oh boy....

I need to prep my meals, I want to cook my chicken for my vacation, freeze it, and toss it in my luggage. Food is EXPENSIVE in San Francisco!!!!

I'll eventually post a few more of my photos from my shoot. Maybe I'll give it a go now, lol.

Love you all... hope someone is reading this out there- if not that's cool too. ;)

Has anyone ever had their significant other get upset by their photo shoot pictures?

Cdimeo
05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
welcome! I cannot f'n imagine what my body would look like after a whole pie (small or not lol)....1-2 slices do me in with water for 3-5 days. Like a buffalo!

Bummed I live so far and my kids are too small to take with for Jr Nats--how is your progress???

BikiniAshley_62
05-24-2011, 02:28 PM
welcome! I cannot f'n imagine what my body would look like after a whole pie (small or not lol)....1-2 slices do me in with water for 3-5 days. Like a buffalo!

Bummed I live so far and my kids are too small to take with for Jr Nats--how is your progress???

Hey!!! I've made amazing progress. I hired PJ Braun at 10 weeks out and it's been crazy!!! I started dieting on February 25th and I've lost over 30 pounds since then. I feel like I've actually added muscle to my frame as well, although maybe I'm just seeing the muscle I already had more because I lost fat.

My strength hasn't gone down either.... I feel great!!! I was working with someone else prior to PJ and I felt like crap on the diet!!! I was eating over a pound of potatoes a day. I definitely don't do well with that many carbs. No way man. =)

LOL, I had some stomach pain and a lil bloating after the pizza, but overall was OK. I am a BIG eater... I actually have struggled my whole life with eating disorders, in particular compulsive binge eating- so one pizza is nothing for me. :yikes:

I'm finding I do very well with the structure and discipline that a contest diet provides- and PJ seems to have found a great combo in what he's laid out for me. I have a lot of energy and feel great!

I'm not doing JR Nats wither, although I'd love to go see my coach compete!!! My contest is in Hamden CT at Wilbur Cross High 6/18. Also I will be competing in NY 7/16, this time at a MuscleMania show- Oren Silvers is promoting it (the former Empire States show.)

Thanks for dropping in to say Hey!!!! ;)

BikiniAshley_62
05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey everyone.... I didn't wake up as late today (Yay) but I'm moving slow (boo.) I'm just not a morning person... I probably never will be!!! Oh well. I prepped some meals for today and tomorrow and actually started the task of cooking for my vacation... I only cooked two portions of chicken but screw it, its a start. I'm on coffee cup #3 and I'm tired!!! I need to start going to bed early, but... :/ I forgot how to sleep.

I'm heading out to do errands in a bit and of course hit up the gym. I had a good chest/bi's workout yesterday... I finally got up to 20lb with dumbbell curls and the form is good.... this makes me happy. I was stuck at 15 for a long time.

I need to pose today... I'm going to do shoulders and tri's... and also force myself to do abs. Cardio of course. ;)

Alright everyone... hope you all are having a kick ass day.... Live, laugh, love, and repeat. =)

The Prodigy
05-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Today is a good day. I finished up work yesterday with a 4p-12a shift and I'm off until I leave for vacation. Not only is this my first contest prep, but it's my first time traveling while prepping (if that makes sense.) I'm a type A OCD organized type of Chick, so this should be easy- as long as I don't pack too much. (I could see myself bringing every spice I own, as well as 9 pairs of sneakers and all my muscle mags. LOL.)

I'm meeting Fleur and Jill at the gym later (if I can be ready in time- LOL.) I also have a one hour posing session with Tabi at 6- time to refine the posing and just hone in on what looks good, add some much-needed pizzazz, etc. I find I'm having a tendency to look too lost in thought while posing... LOL... Better than looking like a vapid ditz onstage though, right?! Oh boy....

I need to prep my meals, I want to cook my chicken for my vacation, freeze it, and toss it in my luggage. Food is EXPENSIVE in San Francisco!!!!

I'll eventually post a few more of my photos from my shoot. Maybe I'll give it a go now, lol.

Love you all... hope someone is reading this out there- if not that's cool too. ;)

Has anyone ever had their significant other get upset by their photo shoot pictures?

YES! My ex used to not let me shoot in lingerie, naked or anything that showed to much skin!!! UR!!!

True Iron Chick
05-25-2011, 03:56 PM

I had one of those, insecurity is a b*tch. Had to drop him and found someone who encourages it rather than knocking it lol. :yep:

p.s. subscribed. Love you. message me back on fb.

Michelle Brent
05-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Great seeing you the other day Ash, sorry if it seemed like I was distracted!! (I was looking for Jillian and Fluer, i lost them, lol) keep it going!! Have in in S.F. it's my big city!! I lived very close in California, and of course I'm a big baseball Giants fan!!! Your almost there!! I'll see ya soon in the gym!

BikiniAshley_62
05-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Great seeing you the other day Ash, sorry if it seemed like I was distracted!! (I was looking for Jillian and Fluer, i lost them, lol) keep it going!! Have in in S.F. it's my big city!! I lived very close in California, and of course I'm a big baseball Giants fan!!! Your almost there!! I'll see ya soon in the gym!

Awwwww thanks Michelle and thanks for dropping in my journal!!!! Don't worry, I think I seem distracted all day every day, to EVERYONE right now- hehe. I can't wait to go away!!!! 3.5 weeks out from first show=stress!!!! Need to relax!!!! Love you and can't wait to see you soon!!!!

BikiniAshley_62
05-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I had one of those, insecurity is a b*tch. Had to drop him and found someone who encourages it rather than knocking it lol. :yep:

Yay!!! Thanks babe!!! Love your avatar.... My man is supportive, we worked the kinks out. I know I need to message you and Walter back. I've been super freakin' crazy busy this week.... I need to message some other people back as well!!! PS, I needed to tell you that I stole your saying "Holy snowflake" and I hope you don't mind!!!! Love ya!!!! :hugme: PS, you and your man are adorable together. Hope the prep is going well.

BikiniAshley_62
05-25-2011, 09:02 PM
YES! My ex used to not let me shoot in lingerie, naked or anything that showed to much skin!!! UR!!!

Oh Lord.... yes that makes things awkward, when you always have to second guess and turn down opportunities for fear of :what will he think???: My guy is great!!! But I was curious as to other women's experiences =)

This is DEFINITELY all new to me, and every new thing that comes up has to be navigated with care- new experiences, new chances to grow as a person, and learn more about myself and others! I love my life and the path I'm on!!!!

Thanks for stopping in my journal Gail!!!! =) I have 3.5 weeks until my dream of competing becomes a reality.

BikiniAshley_62
05-25-2011, 10:10 PM
So I had some strange experiences this week and I don't care to say anything about them, besides that I discovered this quote, and I LOVE IT, and it sums up how I'm feeling perfectly:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

-Nelson Mandela

Ny hope is that I can live my life in a way that is humble, yet the embodiment of the above, so that I may inspire others...

True Iron Chick
05-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Yay!!! Thanks babe!!! Love your avatar.... My man is supportive, we worked the kinks out. I know I need to message you and Walter back. I've been super freakin' crazy busy this week.... I need to message some other people back as well!!! PS, I needed to tell you that I stole your saying "Holy snowflake" and I hope you don't mind!!!! Love ya!!!! :hugme: PS, you and your man are adorable together. Hope the prep is going well.

lmao @ holy snowflakes...I can be quite creative when I want to be lol. You can use it!;)

BikiniAshley_62
05-30-2011, 12:58 PM
lmao @ holy snowflakes...I can be quite creative when I want to be lol. You can use it!;)

Hehehe. =) Sweet!!!!! Love ya girl.

Hey everyone!!! I am in beautiful San Francisco enjoying life and relaxing as I prep for my first show which is just under 3 weeks away. OMG!

I landed here on Thursday night late and it was a busy weekend with my man graduating and all. I had to bring all my meals with me as we gave his parents a tour of the city.... ALL THESE PEOPLE WANTED to do was sit in restaurants. Good Lord. They ate out fro breakfast lunch snack and dinner.... It was torture.... got hassled a bit from waiters, etc. about not ordering and pulling out a Tupperware instead. Oh well.

He has been such a help... Makin me stick to my diet 200% no tastes, not even 1 extra almond when I wanted one.

Yesterday was weight/PP day and I went down considerably in one week and the pics are much better than last week! PJ is happy and told me to go enjoy a nice cheat meal with my man. So I did. I felt way sick after but that seems to go with the territory. =)

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day!!!

stephaniewicked
05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
LOL @ pulling tupperware out in restaurants... been there, done that! "No thanks, I don't need anything. I'm just gonna eat this cold tilapia and collard greens." It's all part of the fun! :p

Hope you're enjoying the west coast... and congrats to your man!

True Iron Chick
05-31-2011, 04:20 PM
LOL @ pulling tupperware out in restaurants... been there, done that! "No thanks, I don't need anything. I'm just gonna eat this cold tilapia and collard greens." It's all part of the fun! :p

Hope you're enjoying the west coast... and congrats to your man!

or pulling out a ziplock bag with ezekiel bread... you dont have brown rice? NO PROBLEM! bam!.:yep:

3clipseGT
05-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Keep at it, gotta love the dedication it takes to pull out chicken or tilapia and greens at a time when everyone else is eating good food!

Im thinking of hiring PJ soon, i know a woman who uses him for her contest prep n whatnot.

Like i said though keep at it and do ur thing!

stephaniewicked
06-01-2011, 05:28 AM
or pulling out a ziplock bag with ezekiel bread... you dont have brown rice? NO PROBLEM! bam!.:yep:

LOVE ezekial bread... I wish! I lived out of ziplocks the weekend of the arnold... takes up less space than tupperware. MUCH easier when traveling! Just difficult to scrape the last few bites of fish and veggies when they get stuck in the corner of the bag, lol.

BikiniAshley_62
06-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Hey to everyone that posted while I was gone!!!! Vacation kicked major ass and I caught up on sleep. I has to train in a crappy gym but I made it work. And my boy was right there by my side training and making me do my cardio so that was cool!!! It's just crazy having to figure out what machines will work, etc in a new gym so I just winged it best I could.

So the worst part was the weekend- his parents were in town for two days and ALL.THEY.WANTED.TO.DO.WAS.GO.OUT.TO.EAT. Had to bring my cooler everywhere. Some restaurants was cool with it. Some weren't. Got called anorexic a few times, got patted on the back a few times. It was extremely difficult smelling the AMAZING San Francisco food- cravings were OUT OF CONTROL- we went out to eat 7 times in 2 days- I didn't falter. Oy vey!

Sunday was my weigh in. I stepped on the scale in trepidation, unsure of how I'd be with post flight bloat, etc. and I'd been drinking a shitton on diet soda to compensate whle dining out (only thing I could order at the restaurants, and at bars.)

143.6!!!!! The lowest I have been to date, and four pounds lower than my previous weekly weigh in!!! I was ecstatic. My boy took progress pictures and I literally looked like I was stage ready. I emailed PJ and he texted back, saying, "Go have a cheat meal. Enjoy it. No restrictions."

I DEF went all out.... I don't even know if I can LIST what I ate. I feel like it would be bad luck. Maybe I'll write the full list after the show. Let's just say it was A LOT OF F'N FOOD for being three weeks out.... my BF is 6'0' tall 200 lbs and was sickened and shocked by what I ate. And he's a Southern boy who can EAT.

I didn't really gain weight (although I DO NOT WEIGH MYSELF AFTER CHEATS, THAT SHIT IS JUST STUPID) I was bloated for two days and I feel back to normal. I weigh in tomorrow, a week later and I'm just hoping I'm back to 143, although if I'm not, I can't be upset, because that was a little low for 3 weeks out, anyhow.

Other than that.... I got my suit, tried it on, top is PERFECT, the bottoms were um way to small. The boy and I overnighted them back to Jodi and she's going to perform some wizardry on them to make them fit- bling the suit up and then hopefully I'll be good to go- still need to pick out some jewelry- I'm a little anxious but trying not to stress too much over a small piece of fabric.

I still have my cardio to do- I'm still on Cali time and I took a 3 hr. nap after work so I'm hella wired, booo. I hope everyone is doing great!!!!! Yay for two weeks out!!!

BikiniAshley_62
06-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Keep at it, gotta love the dedication it takes to pull out chicken or tilapia and greens at a time when everyone else is eating good food!

Im thinking of hiring PJ soon, i know a woman who uses him for her contest prep n whatnot.

Like i said though keep at it and do ur thing!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! HIRE PJ!!!! HE'S AWESOME.... Can NOT say enough good things about him.... HE HAS TRULY TAKEN MY PHYSIQUE to the next level.... as well as turned my contest prep around!!!!! I don't know where I'd be without him.... he has this innate ability to know what your body needs by looking at you.... he hasn't met me once and he's totally transformed me. Let me know how it goes!!!

:hugme:

BikiniAshley_62
06-04-2011, 10:16 PM
LOVE ezekial bread... I wish! I lived out of ziplocks the weekend of the arnold... takes up less space than tupperware. MUCH easier when traveling! Just difficult to scrape the last few bites of fish and veggies when they get stuck in the corner of the bag, lol.

OMG Steph.... Ezekiel bread is hella bangin. I never was able to tolerate many carbs anyway but the 1 slice I have at meal 3 doesn't bother me; it's gluten free, flourless and Low GI, for only 14g carbs its packs a considerable punch. I know I sound like a commercial but I love the cinnamon raisin, toast in, drizzle a lil SF syrup and sprinkle some cinnamon.... aaaahhhh. =)

stephaniewicked
06-06-2011, 06:00 AM
You went out to eat 7 times in 2 days? HOOOOLY! My family likes to dine out too and when I went on vacation last October (my off season), we didn't even eat that much. Good thing I had humapro to help keep me sane between meals. My family is on the "eat 2-3 big meals per day" plan. Let's just say that my belly did not appreciate that schedule at all! But that's alot of time to spend in restaurants... and it really is annoying to hear all the comments, but sounds like you've done a great job of blocking it out and focusing on your goal, so keep it up girlie!

And YES, the cinnamon raison ezekial is my favorite too! Sooooo yummy! You know what else I got? Protein bagels from www.highproteinbread.com... I had one the day after Jr USAs with scrambled egg whites and some part-skim mozzarella... Sooooooooo good! When I'm done "dieting", I wanna check out the bread. I'm a bread freak, so to have a high protein option to incorporate into my diet would make me a very happy girl! :)

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack your thread... keep kickin' booty!! Few more weeks!!! :excited:

BikiniAshley_62
06-07-2011, 02:20 PM
You went out to eat 7 times in 2 days? HOOOOLY! My family likes to dine out too and when I went on vacation last October (my off season), we didn't even eat that much. Good thing I had humapro to help keep me sane between meals. My family is on the "eat 2-3 big meals per day" plan. Let's just say that my belly did not appreciate that schedule at all! But that's alot of time to spend in restaurants... and it really is annoying to hear all the comments, but sounds like you've done a great job of blocking it out and focusing on your goal, so keep it up girlie!

And YES, the cinnamon raison ezekial is my favorite too! Sooooo yummy! You know what else I got? Protein bagels from www.highproteinbread.com (http://www.highproteinbread.com)... I had one the day after Jr USAs with scrambled egg whites and some part-skim mozzarella... Sooooooooo good! When I'm done "dieting", I wanna check out the bread. I'm a bread freak, so to have a high protein option to incorporate into my diet would make me a very happy girl! :)

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack your thread... keep kickin' booty!! Few more weeks!!! :excited:
Girl please. You can hijack my thread anytime. I think you're hella cool.

I'll have to check out the high protein bread- I'm gluten free though, I find it gives me trouble. I'm actually dairy free too.

Yeah the 7 restaurants in two days was overkill.... not for me, since I had my food, but I was like, Aren't these damn people sick of bingeing? Hehe!!!

11 DAYS! Love you girl!

BikiniAshley_62
06-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Good afternoon y'all! Slept in hella late today but I'm 11 days out so whatev! I think people 11 days out should be able to do WHATEVER they want ;) It's my day off... yes! I got roped into working tomorrow (my only other day off) and I'm pissed but I need the paper, so.... it's all good.

Surprisingly I have lots of energy today! I'm rolling with it and trying to get lots done around the house. Gotta pay some bills and run a few errands before leg day with my trainer. I plan on getting to the gym early so my friend Gina can take my progress pictures for PJ, and then I'd like to get a solid posing session in. Although at this point, I've practiced SO MUCH that it's almost redundant- feels natural- and I just need to work out the kinks and work on small details.

I'd post a progress pic for you guys but 1.) My latest set are on the boy's camera in Cali and 2.) I decided at 6 weeks out I wasn't going to put anymore up on the internet. I'm doing a small local show where I know all the girls who will be competing and I'd rather come in and surprise everyone... Sometimes it's wiser not to overshare. At least, that's where I'm at right now. ;)

I love you all... if you're reading this THANK YOU and feel free to comment, ask questions, post random weird pics, or do whatever....

XOXO

Sunnyday
06-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm fashionably late to your thread...sorry, busy winning my first show, hehe! :D

Subscribed now! Bet you are jumping out of your skin with excitement at this point.

BikiniAshley_62
06-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm fashionably late to your thread...sorry, busy winning my first show, hehe! :D

Subscribed now! Bet you are jumping out of your skin with excitement at this point.

Um!!! Better late than never and welcome!!!! Yay for a new reader!!!!

CONGRATUfreakingLATIONS on winning your first show!!!! OMG!!!!

I'm so excited.... 10 days out, whoa! Still plenty of things to do.... I need rest!!!

Sunnyday
06-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Definitely make rest your top priority in the days ahead. You will need every minute of it.

The Prodigy
07-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Update us on how your doing?

BikiniAshley_62
07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey!!!! Thanks for stopping in Gail....Things have been so crazy!!!

My contest season, for this year, has come to a close. I competed in two contests this year...Both were amazing experiences. I did the NPC CT State on June 18th, and this past weekend competed in the Empire States New York Natural Bodybuilding Championships.

Longer update when I get out of work, but after talking to PJ, he wants me to focus on building some muscle for the 2012 contest season. :)

I'm really excited and it feels good to be in offseason!!!

I've been out of the loop, but I'll be back on later tonight to update you all.

Here is a photo from a shoot I did with Dylan Cyr the day of the CT States

Ibarramedia
07-20-2011, 03:23 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=99614&d=1311189671

Looking good. :ok: Let's see some more pics. :beerbang:

BikiniAshley_62
07-26-2011, 12:19 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=99614&d=1311189671

Looking good. :ok: Let's see some more pics. :beerbang:
Thank you!!! I'll post a few more. Dylan was awesome and SO EASY to work with. :hmn:

BikiniAshley_62
07-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Another from shoot with Dylan Cyr, 6/18/2011....I feel like this one is too "girl next door" but eff it. It won't be my last photo shoot and next time I'll be morecomfortable with experimenting with different looks.

BikiniAshley_62
07-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Another one from Dylan, and the pink bra/panty is from Pat Nelson back in May. =)

BikiniAshley_62
07-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Well hey kids...I'm in official full offseason mode right now. Yeah!!! The focus of the offseason will be to build my legs and round out my glutes more.

Basically, the feedback from the judges (at both shows) was good- they said my stage presence was good for a first timer, my suit/make-up/hair/allthatshit was on point, etc.

So why the low placings? The consensus is that I need to build muscle. (Which PJ & I already knew, but I came in the best I could and I was really well conditioned. There's something to be said for being lean....at least nothing was jiggling that wasn't supposed to be onstage.)

I got my offseason diet Sat. and I started it Sunday. I haven't been 100% clean yet- yesterday, I had 4 M&M cookiesat my mom's. Also, later on, 2 Reese's. But, fuck it. It's my offseason, and if I want something, I'm have it.

With that said, I want to become more disciplined. I believe much of my (off-plan) eating is emotionally fueled...there's a difference between eating icecream because YOU.HAVE.TO.HAVE.IT. and eating it because you're bored, cranky, hot, tired, etc.

I wonder....do any of the men on here struggle with emotional eating? It seems like a female driven thing. Smfh.

I trained legs yesterday and it went OK...Still getting my offseason groove on. I trained my sister at the same time, so I got a teensy bit distracted.

Today is back, bi's, and calves. Just aiming to lift as heavy as possible and leave nothing on the gym floor.

I currently can't afford my trainer any longer. (PJ does my nutrition only, as of right now.) I was seeing a wonderful trainer, but, I'm tapped out after this competition season...I need to bust my own ass because I just can't pony up the money right now. I feel OK about it though....Change is good!!!

I want to start updating this more frequently...if you lurk this training journal, please feel free to comment randomly...It'll make me feel like someone is reading, and then I'll update more.

Peace, love, & Reese's cups,

BikiniAshley

Ibarramedia
07-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Nice pics. Keep posting them. Thanks.

I don't know about emotional eating so I can't comment. This my sound simplistic but it is bruttally honest as it pertains to me. I eat when I'm hungry and also want to grow. I also need fuel from my workouts to get bigger and stronger. Eating as in to ease my sadness or stop my anger does not happen. I do try my best to understand it because I know a lot of females go through this and experience this.

I will follow ytou and support your journey Ashley. Good luck to you. :beerbang:

stephaniewicked
07-27-2011, 04:26 AM
Hey girl! Way to go on your first season, and now your first off-season! My first few off-seasons were out of control. I'd try to be good, but caved into temptation wayyy too much. The end result (despite training at least 5 days a week with low-moderate cardio) was a chunkier version of myself that I wasn't happy with.

This is the first year I'm taking it by the balls and stealing control by not letting that happen and it feels amazing! I think it's okay to have a bite of something here and there... it's when you go all out and eat a bag of candy or a box of cookies daily where you really start to mess yourself up. The first week or two after a show are fair game to get things out of your system though, I think... lol.

You looked beautiful in your stage and photoshoot pix, so I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you bring for next year! :)

BikiniAshley_62
07-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Nice pics. Keep posting them. Thanks.

I don't know about emotional eating so I can't comment. This my sound simplistic but it is bruttally honest as it pertains to me. I eat when I'm hungry and also want to grow. I also need fuel from my workouts to get bigger and stronger. Eating as in to ease my sadness or stop my anger does not happen. I do try my best to understand it because I know a lot of females go through this and experience this.

I will follow ytou and support your journey Ashley. Good luck to you. :beerbang:

I'm glad you liked them!!! I have a few more, I'll post in weeks to come...this time, next year, I hope when I do shoots that my legs are JACKED!!!

I figure that most guys don't really struggle w/ emotional eating...guys *not all, but some* tend to be more rational on a whole with their feelings. We women take things out on ourselves...Go figure. ;) I am glad you're following along! Yay! :hmn:

Hey girl! Way to go on your first season, and now your first off-season! My first few off-seasons were out of control. I'd try to be good, but caved into temptation wayyy too much. The end result (despite training at least 5 days a week with low-moderate cardio) was a chunkier version of myself that I wasn't happy with.

This is the first year I'm taking it by the balls and stealing control by not letting that happen and it feels amazing! I think it's okay to have a bite of something here and there... it's when you go all out and eat a bag of candy or a box of cookies daily where you really start to mess yourself up. The first week or two after a show are fair game to get things out of your system though, I think... lol.

You looked beautiful in your stage and photoshoot pix, so I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you bring for next year! :)

Hey Steph!!! Thanks for stopping in...my Rx Journal has been a little lonely. LOL. I'm going to commit to updating it more frequently.

This is my first offseason, and like you said, a lot of people warned me to stay disciplined, so I'm trying...yesterday was my first 100% clean day since my last contest. I'm taking my weekly cheat meal on Thursday so at least I have something to look forward to =) I'm glad you liked the pictures...so many changes I want to make...but that's why we do this!!!

<3

WhitneyW
07-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Longer entry later.... I'm prepping food.

I WANT A REESE'S!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you have a great relationship with Reese's like I do lol yumm, look under my journal (Whitney's Bikini Prep) for the most awesome Reese's Peanut butter brownie recipe you have had in your life! :p

WhitneyW
07-27-2011, 03:25 PM

I can relate... I am keeping this post in mind!

BikiniAshley_62
07-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Looks like you have a great relationship with Reese's like I do lol yumm, look under my journal (Whitney's Bikini Prep) for the most awesome Reese's Peanut butter brownie recipe you have had in your life! :p

Hey!!! Thanks for stopping in and posting. I'm going to check out your journal and follow along :) And I'm excited for a new brownie recipe...I might just have to try it out!!!

I love Reese's. For my cheat night the other day I went to MGM Grand and got a LIL (a lot) tipsy....on the way home apparently I spent $20 on Reese's in a gas station. Smh. At least I shared them,

BikiniAshley_62
07-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Hey everyone...just finished up a long 10 hr shift. I'm glad to be home! Just chillin in front of the computer is a good way to relax. I'm going to run up the street in a lil bit to go do my cardio, I just got a membership to one of those 24hr gyms. Except it's not actually open 24hrs all the time...it closes at night on the weekends. SMH. The good part about it is if you go 24 times in one month you don't have to pay for your membership. Ever. I have daily cardio and I don't feel like driving back to Gold's sometimes so this is perfect. Plus, there is tanning.

I knew several people that competed today in the NPC portion of the Europa Battle of Champions in Hartford. It was awesome because they all placed well...bittersweet too, because part of me wished I had been competing today, too.

I'm finding it a little tough to adjust to being in the offseason and not having the competition body right now. I'm definitely starting to hit my stride, but its not easy. I'm realizing that I just have to stick to my diet (I got my off-season diet from PJ a week ago) and I DO get a cheat night once per week. At first I was upset because I see other girls who are in shape that cheat all the time. My body just doesn't work that way though.

I've gained about ten lbs. since my second show (I DID take an entire week from clean eating afterwards) which I hear is par for the course... It ALL went to my abdomen. I swear that is the ONLY friggin place I hold fat and it really pisses me off.

Smh. For now I'm just trying not to stress and to focus on building this body!!! My glutes are DEFINITELY, um, fuller now. My butt doubled in size since the July show but I don't mind that ;)

I guess that's it for now kids....Update soon!!! Holla.

BikiniAshley_62
08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone! I am definitely in a better state of mind since my last post. I've been sticking to my offseason diet (more or less) and I'm looking forward to my weekly cheat, which I'll have on Saturday night, probably! Yay! I've been having really awesome training sessions...strength is going up, I have good energy levels, and I'm looking overall FULLER, my tummy is tight (not stage tight, but under control for sure) and I look a lot better than I did on stage. I'm really excited about the improvements PJ and I can make with my physique in the next 8 months.

Sooo...I decided that when I send PJ my progress pictures every three months, I will also post them up on here. (Gulp.) I feel like that will give me an added edge of accountability...It's one thing sending pics to my coach but knowing I made a committment to put them up on RXMuscle, well, hopefully that will stop me from indulging in a second cheat or eating 25 cookies that aren't on the plan. Hehe.

I booked a flight to San Francisco two nights ago, I leave on Sept. 26 and will be there til October 6th. Super excited! I'm going to meet up with Christy and either train or eat *hopefully eat* when I'm there and I'm super pumped about this!!! My boyfriend lives out there, and I'm actually moving there in January, so I'm really happy knowing I'll already have a friend out there!

Now I'm considering doing the show she's doing (the NPC Contra Costa) It would be cool to have a show buddy, and we can represent BRAUNFITNESS together now that we have the same coach! Cool.

My original plan was to do the WBFF Fitness Atlantic next year, but I would have to fly back to CT with my boyfriend to do it. I'll have to see how finances are (just being realistic.)

I guess that's pretty much all my updates for now... going to train shoulders in a bit. It's my day off but really not too much going on. Hope everyone is well!!!

BikiniAshley_62
08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
It's Friday (gotta work all weekend-ugh) I went on a 1-hr hike today, on a trail nearby my house, Sleeping Giant Mountain. The trail my girlfriend and I took is almost all uphill, great for the glutes! I usually train glutes/hams 2x a week so this might replace that...I was going to go to the gym after work tonight, but I'm still sore from my leg day on Tuesday. Ow! (Best feeling ever)

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend...