PDA

View Full Version : Victory! RXM forum member thaifighter_87 wins his fight, 03/28/09

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Congratulations to RXM forum member, and my student, thaifighter_87 (I will let him share his name if he chooses) http://forums.rxmuscle.com/member.php?u=4459

Last night here in Memphis, he got a unanimous decision in a three round match with another local MMA fighter.

Highlights of the match:

Round one was him on a serious offensive. His opponent was not equipped to deal with the intensity of thaifighter's wave of strikes, so he wanted to go for clinch and takedowns early. Thaifighter did not really give him much of a chance, leveraging himself to brace against an armbar, picking up his opponent, and slamming him on the canvas several times. The crowd loved every one of them. At one point, Thaifighter was able to take a standing single leg lock, but when the opponent did not submit, he stepped over into a single crab. Still no submission... He did land good solid blows to the body and head, even bringing in some forearm and elbow techniques from training.

On this, he did not step over fast enough, and that allowed his opponent to get into a position that was not going to be stressful to him. The referee stood them up for inactivity on the ground.

Round two actually saw his opponent try to tie him up more, and faster, although he could not find a clear path to a submission of any sort. Thaifighter managed to lock on a lying leg lock with ankle lock, but again, did not sink it in fast enough, and his opponent was not in any dire trouble.

Round three was the best of all three. Instead of grappling with him, since that was not working, Thaifighter kept to the outside, going in with short burst combinations before withdrawing. All levels were attacked here. If caught in a clinch situation, Thaifighter forced the distance, and continued the process. This saw his opponent take quite a few good blows, including a hard right hook against the ropes which everyone thought was going to put him down. Thaifighter, although taking a few punches, did not look worse for wear at all. His opponent, however...

:D

So, I see where we need to work, and it will be done. His next confrontation will go much more smoothly.

His training consists of Muay Chaiya (of which almost ALL of it is not ring legal, but I do include modern ring style Muay Thai), Shootfighting, and Catch Wrestling.

Adina Zanolli
03-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Very cool!

musclegoddess65
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Obviously a very proud teacher :)

Congrats to your student!!!

Sledge
03-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Well done. Were do we see the video??

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Well done. Were do we see the video??

From what I understand, his opponent actually took video. What will become of it, I do not know though.

Personally, I am against the use of video, and would not like him to take any of his fights, as his opponents could be able to see them and know how to adjust to his fighting style. It helps, of course, to be able to go back and watch your performance so you can work on the problem areas, but I do not need it. I remember everything that I want to address.

Larry C
03-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Congratulations!

njdiva
03-29-2009, 08:37 PM
that's awesome! congrats on the win Thaifighter!:wavey:

GirlyMuscle
03-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!

Sandpig
03-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Great job, coach.