PDA

View Full Version : Noob Workout....

john80y
05-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Ok so my equipment is here... Power rack, adjustable bench, leg extension, lat bar, dumbbells 10 - 55lb

I currently weigh 170lb @ 7%bf and in pretty good shape (P90x and Insanity) but I now want to gain some serious muscle as I play rugby in fall/winter.. I've dropped about 14lb fat this year and well want it back in muscle.

I know its going to be 80% nutrition if I want to gain lean muscle but I also need a workout routine and thats where I need the help..

I would like to lift on Monday / Wed / Friday with leg day being Friday... I do train Rugby on Tuesday and Thursday but its just a lot of running and drills.

I'd love some suggestions on what lifts to do, I know this site has plenty of info but for a noob I really need someone to just be like do this, this and this on this day for this long etc..

Thanks for any help.. John

Dadup
05-21-2011, 06:37 PM
heavy compound movements...deadlift and squat are a must imo
how long have you been training?

john80y
05-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I've only done P90x which got me lean and fit... So haven't lifted since I was in school which is errr.. along time ago.. I was thinking something like this...

Mon - Sholder/Bicep/Tricep
Wed - Back/Chest
Fri - Legs / Abs

Youngguns
05-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Change it to Push, Pull and Legs. This way you have you heavy compound movements each workout, shoulders and arms are a waste. The stronger you get with the compound lifts the more muscle you'll grow so focus on them.

Dadup
05-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I would say since you just started lifting again, I would stick with pure compound movements...
chest- incline press and dips
back- barbell rows and DEADLIFTS
legs- squats, squats, and SQUATS
shoulders- military presses, lateral raises
biceps- barbell curls
tri's- dips
I personally believe more in cable work for arms, but since you're just getting into it, I would stick to the compound movements