PDA

View Full Version : junior usa 2011

Airborne81
05-23-2011, 09:10 AM
I just placed second as a lightweight at the recent junior usa's. My plan is to next compete at junior nationals not this year, but next year allowing plenty of time to work diligently on my weaknesses. any feedback greatly appreciated.

tammyp
05-23-2011, 05:14 PM
def need more chest,thickness, back width and thickness. cond is good.

Jude2
05-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Nice conditioning. Like Tammy said you are just lacking thickness and mainly in the back and some added width would also help.

Scoobysnacks
05-23-2011, 11:59 PM
no one mentioned medial delts but take a look at your front lat spread, really lacking the full round deltoids that is essential for a good front lat spread. I concur with others in the back width and some more thickness.

Conditioning is GREAT. I like to see that.

Great showing overall.

Ss

Airborne81
05-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks a ton for the feedback! As the saying goes...back to the drawing board.

sassy69
05-27-2011, 09:32 PM
On your rear lat don't round out your back so much - you lose the V shape. I'm guessing but I think when you set up, get to where you are in the above picture and then roll your shoulders up and back a little to get the up and out instead of turned in - which is what rounds out your back and turns the V shape into more of an O shape, that really causes you to lose a lot of the width you want to go for.

Airborne81
06-07-2011, 02:30 PM
I agree and thanks for the pointers...I feel i had this pose down to a T a few weeks out, but took some advice on changes and ended up ultimately weakening the pose. I'll continue to work on it.