PDA

View Full Version : FST-7 Training

flipper
02-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Just wondering if anybody here is on Palumbo's diet while doing FST-7 training, and how's its going for them?

THUNDERGOD
02-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Just wondering if anybody here is on Palumbo's diet while doing FST-7 training, and how's its going for them?

I think I responded to your question in Dave's Q&A thread. Check that and PM me if you need more info.

TheJackHammer
02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
is there any way that some one could post on here or tell me where i could find the FST-7 program? i want to see what it is. thanks

flipper
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM
http://www.fst-7.com/

APK
02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I think the whole idea behind the FST 7 is to have carbs for the pump effect. Most people who use FST7 are pros who want to had quality not quantity to there muscle. I tried doing it on KETO type of diet and got burnt out. Btw, I did FST7 when I used to eat 400carbs a day and didnt think it was that effective.

flipper
02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Right now I'm on a keto diet and I'm loving FST-7. The pump lasts all day and muscles feel nice and full.

APK
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Right now I'm on a keto diet and I'm loving FST-7. The pump lasts all day and muscles feel nice and full.

Interesting. Well different people different results

red barraca
02-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I think the whole idea behind the FST 7 is to have carbs for the pump effect. Most people who use FST7 are pros who want to had quality not quantity to there muscle. I tried doing it on KETO type of diet and got burnt out. Btw, I did FST7 when I used to eat 400carbs a day and didnt think it was that effective.

iam on fst-7 and what i do is carbs with two meal's before training,and one after.eat 2 meals than train/#2 meal eat 1 hour prior train.post have shake,then 1 hour later eat meal with carb's,after that back to keto,iam trying not to plie a bunch of fat in offseason

TaylorB
02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
ehhhhh pretty basic stuff... lift heavy then throw in a bunch of pump sets... shoudlnt everyone have always been training this way ? personally its how ive always done things..

mr.genetics
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I may try this next offseason and see how it goes. Right now in my prep, I don't really think it would be that effective due to the lack of carbs.

ChowderPaw
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
ehhhhh pretty basic stuff... lift heavy then throw in a bunch of pump sets... shoudlnt everyone have always been training this way ? personally its how ive always done things..

Yeah.., basically a re-packaging of an existing idea imo. But it does make you f'ing sore the first few times if you havent been already doing lots of volume. My question is, is it really capable of "stretching facsia" in people that say already have 10+ years of lifting under their belt with doing site injections along with it?

red barraca
02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah.., basically a re-packaging of an existing idea imo. But it does make you f'ing sore the first few times if you havent been already doing lots of volume. My question is, is it really capable of "stretching facsia" in people that say already have 10+ years of lifting under their belt with doing site injections along with it?

yes it work's you ask.chowderpaw

buster12
02-10-2009, 12:55 AM
I do fst-7, but im in my offseason so my carbs are high. srry. I love it though... my physique has been making crazy improvements with it!

flipper
02-10-2009, 11:26 AM

Hany's own words from his site:

"The only things I would be concerned with would be recovery and usage of too light of weight during the 7's. The 7's should not be done going light!!
There are too many people who think that 7's are pump sets. They are not pump sets people!!!"

Shawn Bellon
02-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Correct I make adjustments to my 7's. Some sessions I just keep the weight the same if I am spent already. Other days I go heavier to start and adjust as I fatigue.

Deserusan
02-10-2009, 01:08 PM
From my perspective, FST-7 might be difficult on a ketogenic diet. It's very demanding and taxing on the the given body group, but also on the CNS. While bulking, when I'm done with an FST workout I'm pretty damn drained and doing cardio afterwards on a hypocaloric diet would complete hell. I know Hany likes his athletes to keep the calories high so I don't imagine he'd be dropping out the carbs to a such a degree to ellicit a ketogenic status.

Shawn Bellon
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
He keeps tellings me to eat!

DocGabri
02-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Fantastic method of training for offseason or with carb cycling in pre-contest. YEs, not with keto diet

flipper
02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
I asked Palumbo on the MD forum if it was ok, and he said yes.

This is Thundergod's reply in another post:

You might have to stick to 1 or 2 HIT sets instead of doing 3-4 sets durning the workout prior to the final set/pump set. John said it best, "you need blood to get a pump, not carbs." So using an NO product might help increase the blood flow/pump.

Any thoughts?