PDA

View Full Version : Prepping for the USA

Terri LaBarge
05-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Thought I'd start a prep journal for the USA. I'm not as comfortable as it appears being out there with everything but my trainer thinks it's important to get feedback from members here. We usually do progress pics on Thursday, since that's the first day after my 3 days of no carbs on my carb cycling diet. I figure I'll look my leanest then. I'll post some vids occasionally.

The Jr. USA put my mind at ease somewhat after seeing Dana's winning physique. Like everyone else, I wasn't sure if I was heading in the right direction. My trainer is pretty confident that I fit the mold. Guess we'll see.

The last show I did I went full Keto for 12 weeks, guidance my trainer then (different trainer now) thought would be best for me. I have a fast metabolism and I wasn't happy with the results. I ended up stringy. My current trainer has me on a carb cycle diet...I could kiss him! I'm really hungry Mon-Wed, but start adding carbs in progressive amounts Thurs-Sun. which keeps me sane and not as hungry. He has me eating junk carbs on Sunday and at first I thought that wasn't a good idea. But after 6 weeks, I see his wisdom in it. I've dropped a pound a week and my strength is steady. The weight just feels heavier.

We alternate weeks between heavy training and higher rep/drop set training. This week is the higher rep week. We train 1 body part a day, Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Arms. I'm doing cardio 3 days a week at 45 minutes each. He says we'll ramp that up on week 8. I wanted to do more cardio but he insists that as long as I'm losing weight at 1 pound per week doing what we're doing, there's no need for more. I figure I'm about 6 pounds out from contest shape.

I'm 5'-4", so I'm not sure which class I'll end up in. I suppose it depends on if I'm just under or over that height the day before.

Not sure if we'll do pics tomorrow. My work schedule might not allow it. As soon as we do, I'll post some. Here's a vid of me doing seated rows today. It was obviously back day....

YouTube - ‪Back day 9 weeks out‬‏

The Prodigy
05-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome lady! Can't wait to meet you at the USA's. Where do you live?

Terri LaBarge
05-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Lookin forward to meeting you, too! I'm stuck in the middle of the country. I live in a suburb of Kansas City on the Kansas side. Gotta say the weather's been sucking!! Just had 4 tornadoes just a few miles from the house!

I'm carb cycling. No carbs Mon-Wed, then 40g-80g-120g-250g Thurs-Sun. Good carbs Thurs-Sat, then junk carbs on Sun. It's working pretty well. My trainer says we'll cut some of those carbs out starting week 8 and increase cardio. Yuck!! Not lookin forward to that!

Terri LaBarge
05-25-2011, 10:20 PM
A pic, 10 weeks out....

The Prodigy
05-26-2011, 11:10 AM
A pic, 10 weeks out....

Lookin good lady!! Post up some of your workouts! I need inspiration!

Andersen
05-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Good looking pose there Terri. Stay strong and best wishes to you!

Terri LaBarge
05-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks! Doin shoulders today. I'll see if I can't get some vids of the workout posted later.
Any of you gals have the problem with the lower ab area puffing up? Haven't had a period in a couple of months, prolly because of the diet, so I don't think that's it. I woke up this morning feelin fat because of it. I hate it! My trainer says between the diet and some estrogen control it'll go away.

Hungry!!!! I get a sweet potato today. I eat half with breakfast and half with dinner....just makes me hungrier! But this diet beats the hunger on Keto!

Buried in work today. Don't feel like doing it. Why does my work life have to get in the way of my personal life?! I just want to go to the gym and workout, get my nails done, grab a martini and chill on the deck. The sun is finally out after 4 days of rain.....just sayin.

Terri LaBarge
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
My shoulder workout: high rep day...except on presses

Warm up on smith machine.
10 reps with 95
8 reps with 135
6 reps with 155

Lateral flies
drop set...10x40's, 10x25's, 10x20's, 10x15's
repeat

Front flies
drop set...10x45's, 10x30's, 10x20's, 10x15's
repeat

Rear delts on reverse pec deck
10 reps with 130
drop set...10x110, 5x80, 5x60, 10x40

Shrugs (my traps are huge, so we don't do a lot for them)
barbell....15x185
15x225

My shoulders were weak when we started a year ago...very undersized, esp compared to my arms. My trainer had me lifting very heavy through March and they've come up a lot. Would still like them bigger!

Cdimeo
05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi Terri!
I have the problem with my lower abdomen as well. The deeper I get into dieting--the worse it seems to get. I used to think it was simply due to having children--and being constipated--but I cant friggin get it right??!! I had someone once advise me that it was a bit of bloat from eating too quickly (which I can totally see since Im so hungry that I scarf like a wild hyena when it's meal time.

Good luck at the USA's! I am waiting for WP until next year (I think) LOL--but I will be following along with your process!

Cara

Terri LaBarge
05-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi Terri!
I have the problem with my lower abdomen as well. The deeper I get into dieting--the worse it seems to get. I used to think it was simply due to having children--and being constipated--but I cant friggin get it right??!! I had someone once advise me that it was a bit of bloat from eating too quickly (which I can totally see since Im so hungry that I scarf like a wild hyena when it's meal time.

Good luck at the USA's! I am waiting for WP until next year (I think) LOL--but I will be following along with your process!

Cara

Hey Cara,
I'm almost thinking along the lines of some sort of intestinal edema. Don't know for sure. That or estrogen just gets screwed up...

I have 3 kids but never had this issue till I started this whole process and dieting. Although we need the protein I do think there is something to be said about the body having some trouble processing it.

Saw your pics... you look great! Why do you feel the need to wait till next year?

shankuan
05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
My shoulder workout: high rep day...except on presses

Warm up on smith machine.
10 reps with 95
8 reps with 135
6 reps with 155

Lateral flies
drop set...10x40's, 10x25's, 10x20's, 10x15's
repeat

Front flies
drop set...10x45's, 10x30's, 10x20's, 10x15's
repeat

Rear delts on reverse pec deck
10 reps with 130
drop set...10x110, 5x80, 5x60, 10x40

Shrugs (my traps are huge, so we don't do a lot for them)
barbell....15x185
15x225

My shoulders were weak when we started a year ago...very undersized, esp compared to my arms. My trainer had me lifting very heavy through March and they've come up a lot. Would still like them bigger!

:hail: you are a strong woman geesh! Nice work! I haven't seen poundages like that in a very long while...due to injury. First in the right shoulder and now in the left! I miss moving heavy for my shoulders :cry: Heavy push presses, upright rows and laterals singlehandedly grew my shoulders! And i too want mine bigger..:drool:

Terri LaBarge
05-27-2011, 12:05 AM
:hail: you are a strong woman geesh! Nice work! I haven't seen poundages like that in a very long while...due to injury. First in the right shoulder and now in the left! I miss moving heavy for my shoulders :cry: Heavy push presses, upright rows and laterals singlehandedly grew my shoulders! And i too want mine bigger..:drool:

Thanks! It's all the heavy training. Pic and vid below are from today. The vid was the third drop in a drop set of 4...

YouTube - ‪T does front raises‬‏

Terri LaBarge
05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Good looking pose there Terri. Stay strong and best wishes to you!

Thanks. Still working on the posing to find what works best for me. Saw all the pics of the 1st WPD competitors...that helps!

do you compete?

The Prodigy
05-27-2011, 10:43 AM
I have problems with my lower ab area as well. It goes away when I have the proper amount of fiber in my diet!

Thanks! Doin shoulders today. I'll see if I can't get some vids of the workout posted later.
Any of you gals have the problem with the lower ab area puffing up? Haven't had a period in a couple of months, prolly because of the diet, so I don't think that's it. I woke up this morning feelin fat because of it. I hate it! My trainer says between the diet and some estrogen control it'll go away.

Hungry!!!! I get a sweet potato today. I eat half with breakfast and half with dinner....just makes me hungrier! But this diet beats the hunger on Keto!

Buried in work today. Don't feel like doing it. Why does my work life have to get in the way of my personal life?! I just want to go to the gym and workout, get my nails done, grab a martini and chill on the deck. The sun is finally out after 4 days of rain.....just sayin.

Terri LaBarge
05-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Worked arms today...high reps.

Warm up, DB alt curls - 25's
Drop set...35's x 10, 22.5's x 10, 17.5's x 10
Drop set...40's x 8, 30's x 8, 20's x 10

EZ Curl bar
Drop set...75x5, 55x10
Repeat

Preacher curl machine
Drop set...125x5, 90x10, 70x10
Drop set...110x5, 80x10, 60x10

Tricep Pushdowns
warm up...60x12
Drop set...80x6, 60x10
Drop set...90x5, 70x10

Cable kickbacks, 1 arm
40x12
50x12

Seated dip machine
130x20
130x16
130x12

Seated calves
170x30
170x35
170x40

Here's a vid of my last set of seated dips and a pic from posing practice after...

YouTube - ‪Seated dips‬‏

Terri LaBarge
05-29-2011, 11:51 PM
My trainer had me run through a dewatering protocol this weekend just like we will for the show. We used dyazide. Saturday morning the change was amazing! It actually helped me see how much fat I needed to lose! I feel a lot better about my progress. After seeing how Dana looked I was intimidated. Still am really. But I feel a little better about things now...

Ibarramedia
05-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Wait.... You're Esplendido's better half?

esplendido
05-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Wait.... You're Esplendido's better half?

Terri is not my better half.

I suggested that she join here and initially helped her post picks. I suggested Rx because she needs the support of other women competing in the WPD or have other competition experiences they can share with.

Her account has been deactivated, I assume because of me, which isn't fair to her. She didn't even know me until a year ago and is a great person and hard worker. I hope admin reconsiders their decision, if in fact that's what happened. I'm sure Rx wants active female members, especially with her talent.

Terri LaBarge
06-01-2011, 05:58 PM

I suggested that she join here and initially helped her post picks. I suggested Rx because she needs the support of other women competing in the WPD or have other competition experiences they can share with.

Her account has been deactivated, I assume because of me, which isn't fair to her. She didn't even know me until a year ago and is a great person and hard worker. I hope admin reconsiders their decision, if in fact that's what happened. I'm sure Rx wants active female members, especially with her talent.

Just wanted to shout out a big thanks to those involved in fixing my account! I will be posting some progress pics as well as adding to my training journal..

Ibarramedia
06-01-2011, 06:21 PM

My apologies. I was a bit confused with your relationship with her.

wildcat22
06-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Good luck to you!!! Things appear to be coming along great!!! Glad your hear and thanks for sharing your experience!!!:yep:

Terri LaBarge
06-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Good luck to you!!! Things appear to be coming along great!!! Glad your hear and thanks for sharing your experience!!!:yep:

Thank you! It's exciting and crazy at the same time. At least I'll have one more show to see the results from before mine.

My diet is starting to get to the sucky stage. Still eatin carbs on the carb rotation but I'm havin trouble concentrating thru the day. We've ramped up cardio...doin an hour a day, every other day on the stepmill...Ugh!!! I feel weaker during lifts but my strength hasn't gone down....just a rep or two weaker.

Here's my workouts from the last 3 days...heavy week

Legs

Squats
warmup with bar, 10x135, 10x185, 8x225, 4x275

Leg press
10x500, 8x600, 15x500

Leg extensions
10x190, 10x220, 10x230

Leg curls
10x110, 10x125, 8x135

Chest

Bench
warmup with bar, 10x95, 8x135, 6x165

Prone DB flies
10x55's, 10x60's

Incline DB flies
10x45's, 10x50's

Pec Deck (on reverse pec deck machine)
10x130, 10x140

Back

Wide grip pulldowns
warmup - 10x105, 10x135, 10x150, 8x165

t-bar rows
10x2 plates (45's), 10x2 plates + 2-10's

Seated rows
10x135, 10x150, 10x165

Narrow grip pulldowns
10x120, 10x120, 10x120

Here's a vid of me doing leg extensions:

YouTube - ‪T does legs‬‏

The Prodigy
06-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Post some progress pics lady!! I am dying to see yah!!!

Terri LaBarge
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Post some progress pics lady!! I am dying to see yah!!!

Takin progress pics tomorrow and will post some tomorrow night!! :)

Terri LaBarge
06-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Here are pics taken today...

katt981
06-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Your look GREAT! Love the pics!

Terri LaBarge
06-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Did shoulders today. Felt kinda weak tho. The diet is starting to kick my ass!!! I'm really nervous about getting the fat off of my lower abs and upper thighs! Still 8 weeks left...

Shoulders

Smith machine presses
Warmup with bar
95x10, 115x8, 125x6 (Weeeeeak!)

Lateral DB flies
35'sx10, 40'sx10, 40'sx8

Front DB flies
40'sx10, 45'sx8, 45'sx8

Reverse pec deck
130x10, 130x8, 110x10

No shrugs today....my traps are almost too big!

katt981
06-03-2011, 09:30 PM
HOLY smokes! you did lateral flys with 40's?? ? damn....... i need to up my game.. lol

Terri LaBarge
06-03-2011, 09:48 PM
HOLY smokes! you did lateral flys with 40's?? ? damn....... i need to up my game.. lol

Hah! Yeah, actually have done them heavier when we were moving towards bbing. At least it chases off the young boys hogging all the DB's :)

Here are a couple more pics...

pillowtalk
06-03-2011, 11:16 PM
You look fantastic!

Terri LaBarge
06-04-2011, 04:01 PM
You look fantastic!

Thanks! Sometimes it's hard to see for yourself!

Did arms today. Here's a couple of vids from the workout...

YouTube - ‪T does preacher curls‬‏
YouTube - ‪Blasting arms‬‏

Arms

DB alt curls
Warmup with 22.5's, 30'sx10, 35'sx8, 40'sx6

EZ curl bar
75x10
85x8

Preacher curl machine
110x10, 110x10

Triceps pushdowns
Warmup with 60, 80x10, 90x10

Cable kickbacks
40x10, 50x10

Machine dips
150x15, 150x15

Feelin a little pain in the elbows. Figure the diet is keeping my joints a little dry. Was a good workout tho.

Ibarramedia
06-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Great delts and arms work! :ok:

Terri LaBarge
06-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Great delts and arms work! :ok:

Thanks! I really enjoy working out and even tho I've prepped for shows before, this is the hardest prep I've done. We've switched to alternating weeks between heavy and high rep. Hafta say the rep week is the toughest, but I love the pump I get and the soreness on the next day or two...always feelin like I haven't worked hard enough unless I'm sore after. Everything I work on rep days seems to burn forever. Love it!

Doin an hour of cardio daily. Rotating stepmill and walking. I prefer walking cause I do it outside. Stepmill....ugh!!! How boring. Not lookin forward to the extra cardio coming!!

katt981
06-06-2011, 11:35 AM
yeah, I have a definitely love/hate relationship with our stepmill.... lol

Andersen
06-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks! I really enjoy working out and even tho I've prepped for shows before, this is the hardest prep I've done. We've switched to alternating weeks between heavy and high rep. Hafta say the rep week is the toughest, but I love the pump I get and the soreness on the next day or two...always feelin like I haven't worked hard enough unless I'm sore after. Everything I work on rep days seems to burn forever. Love it!!

I think it would be interesting if you tried to do BB and WP.
Seems like you'd be better in BBing based on the WP judging so far.

Terri LaBarge
06-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I think it would be interesting if you tried to do BB and WP.
Seems like you'd be better in BBing based on the WP judging so far.

Hmmm...don't think I'm big enough for bbing, and really don't want to get big enough to be one. Femininity is important to me and so far I've pulled it off. I know....I'm a Diva. My trainer always asks 'how's the hair?' to figure out what he's got to deal with...lol! I like having muscle, but only as long as I'm never mistaken for anything but a girl.

Did legs today....rep week

Squats
warmup with bar, 10x135, 10x185, 10x185, 10x225

Leg press
10x500, 12x500, 15x500 (saw flashing lights and heard buzzing in my ears on the last set!)

Leg extensions
Drop set...10x205, 5x160, 5x120, 5x80
Drop set...10x190, 5x140, 5x110, 5x80 (Ugh! I couldn't walk after that)

Leg curls
Drop set...10x110, 5x90, 5x70, 5x50
Drop set...10x110, 5x80, 5x60, 5x40 (ok, gravity was making it hard to stand)

Was a good workout....but I really don't look forward to this one!

Terri LaBarge
06-06-2011, 06:37 PM
How important is the posing routine in scoring? Seems like you're placed in prejudging without it. I mean, Stella's got no groove! I don't even dance. It's hard learning to move the hips if you've never done it before. Suggestions?

Andersen
06-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Hmmm...don't think I'm big enough for bbing, and really don't want to get big enough to be one. Femininity is important to me and so far I've pulled it off. I know....I'm a Diva.

You are easily big for enough for the lightweight or middleweight division.
Go look at the some of the contest pics of past winners @ USA or Nationals.

They're not really any bigger than you are, and only slightly leaner.

Terri LaBarge
06-07-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm 5'-4" and currently 119 lbs. Probably end up around 115 by show time. My trainer's wife is 5'-2" and weighed 124 lbs ripped at her last show (she won)....She looks twice as big as me and she competes at the national level. Not sure I'd be competitive, and really don't want to get that big to be competitive.

But thank you for the encouragement! At least you see some muscle on me. Still not sure how much is enough....or too much.

Terri LaBarge
06-09-2011, 01:31 PM
OMG!!! Can a day go any worse than my Monday!? Had a flat in the middle of bumfuck USA and the company car didn't have a spare!!! Had to pull into Bubba's Gas & Go for help where 8 guys from Deliverance with only 12 teeth between them piled outta the store to gawk at the little blonde with the flat. Got a state trooper to come by and he said Bubba's wasn't a safe place to wait and he'd take me to the McDonalds down the street, like that was any better.
After several calls to my company, got a tow truck to come and tow me to "near" my destination...a city about 30 minutes from where I was headed.
Short story...missed my evening appointment, had to leave the car at a Chevy dealership and get a rental, and missed my workout on Tuesday waiting on the repair, which didn't take place then......UGH!!!!

Sooooo, we did chest and back together yesterday! We superset'd everything and thought I'd pass out! (my life is tooooo busy...)

Chest/Back

Bench press/wide grip pulldowns
Warmup with bar, Warmup with 105 lbs
95x10/135x10, 115x10/150x10, 135x6/165x8

Flat DB Flies/T-bar rows
50'sx10/70x10, 55'sx10/70x10

Incline DB Flies/seated rows
45'sx10/150x10, 45'sx8/165x10

Pec Deck/Narrow grip pulldowns
130x10/120x10, 115x10/120x10

Calves
2 sets standing, 210x35, 3 sets seated, 190x30

Here's some vids from the workout. My apologies for the titles...my trainer posts these on his youtube channel and he titles them thinking it will draw more views :dunno:

YouTube - ‪T does close grip pulldowns‬‏
YouTube - ‪Wow! T does pec deck‬‏
YouTube - ‪Hot blonde works back‬‏

magsmalone
06-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi Terri! You look very good. I think you will do well at the USA. I will be there also competing in bodybuilding lightweight division. Im going to Masters Nationals also the week before. I will look forward to seeing you in Vegas. Keep up the good work!

dbmneto
06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
[quote=Terri LaBarge;1450374]A pic, 10 weeks out....[/quot

Very beautiful! Congratulations!!

Terri LaBarge
06-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi Terri! You look very good. I think you will do well at the USA. I will be there also competing in bodybuilding lightweight division. Im going to Masters Nationals also the week before. I will look forward to seeing you in Vegas. Keep up the good work!

I am hoping so!! Hate to see hard work go unnoticed!

Glad you will be there as well. I will keep an eye out for ya! You are looking totally fab!! I feel ya...keep it up:)

Terri LaBarge
06-13-2011, 08:52 PM
[quote=Terri LaBarge;1450374]A pic, 10 weeks out....[/quot

Very beautiful! Congratulations!!

Thanks. New progress pics coming this week. Will put me 6 weeks out...

Terri LaBarge
06-13-2011, 09:07 PM
OK so 8 weeks out from this competition and a weekend from hell...

Although planned, got derailed from the gym for a few days. My 6 yr old went in for heart surgery. More stressful than I thought it was gonna be. hard to see your baby hooked up to stuff. All things said and done, she is home and recovering well. Wish we could bounce back that fast!!

Anyway, first day back in the gym...leg day. Felt good. Hopefully back on track this week...

The Prodigy
06-14-2011, 08:22 AM
OK so 8 weeks out from this competition and a weekend from hell...

Although planned, got derailed from the gym for a few days. My 6 yr old went in for heart surgery. More stressful than I thought it was gonna be. hard to see your baby hooked up to stuff. All things said and done, she is home and recovering well. Wish we could bounce back that fast!!

Anyway, first day back in the gym...leg day. Felt good. Hopefully back on track this week...

WOW! I couldn't imagine going thru this 8 weeks out! Did you know ahead of time she had to have this done? Being a mom is never easy! Hardest job in the world!

Terri LaBarge
06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
WOW! I couldn't imagine going thru this 8 weeks out! Did you know ahead of time she had to have this done? Being a mom is never easy! Hardest job in the world!

Yes. It's been planned since January. Didn't really have a choice. I tried to plan ahead for it but you are right, it is never easy. She is doing amazingly well tho:) Wish we could recover that fast!! Slow going for her for a while but doing well...

Terri LaBarge
07-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Sorry I've been absent for so long. My life has been complicated these last few weeks. My daughter's heart surgery, work changes, holidays and kids ballgames. I need a clone!

I'll write more later, but I'm getting excited AND nervous about Vegas!! It's going to be fun to meet those of you who will be there!

A couple of training vids below. I appreciate any feedback you can give me :)

YouTube - ‪T does kickbacks on pythons‬‏

YouTube - ‪T blasts pythons again‬‏

Terri LaBarge
07-07-2011, 12:45 AM
I can't believe the USA is just 3 1/2 weeks away. My trainer says I can't lose anymore weight or I'll be too hard. He's upped my protein over the last 2 weeks and has now upped my carbs. Says he wants me to go up a couple of pounds. I'm nervous about eating more but I have to agree with him. Says he wishes the show was this weekend.

It's hard lifting. My strength is down. My energy is down. Dieting sucks! Now I have to figure out how to put a little groove in my posing. We work on it for 20 minutes each day and I'm feelin better about it. Just nervous knowing some of the other girls are probably more dancy than me.

Got everything ready for the trip. Flight, hotel, hair and makeup, tanning, tickets for my husband and trainer. Never been to Vegas but I'm hearing it's where the fun is!

The hardest part is anticipating what the judges are looking for. Gawd, I hope I have it!

Ibarramedia
07-07-2011, 12:00 PM
You can do it Terri. Hang in there.

Terri LaBarge
07-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Been absolutely busy these last few weeks! Now it's crunch time with a week left. I'm so excited...and nervous!!! Thought I'd post a couple training vids taken today...my last heavy workout! I'm dreading the carb depletion coming...ugh! This week is gonna be a long one!

‪T does final kickbacks‬‏ - YouTube

‪T blasts pythons one last time‬‏ - YouTube

Terri LaBarge
07-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Here's a pic from yesterday.

shankuan
07-22-2011, 11:01 PM
looking tight Terri! All the best with your final week and the show next weekend!

Ibarramedia
07-23-2011, 05:25 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=99838&d=1311380512

Nice back detail.

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi Terri!
Your pic looks great!! I think you'll do well at the USA's. I'll be there cheering for ya!! dont worry about your routine, You want it to be good, and transitions smooth but try not to stress about it. Once your on stage you'll be full of adrenaline, nerves will go away and you'll do just great!!! Have a great trip to Vegas, I'll try to catch up with ya on Saturday if I can.

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Your really only 115lbs at 5'4? I am also that height and my contest weight is around 130. That has me scared about how much muscle to have/not have. Its confusing and everyones body is different. Non the less you look as if you fit the part for wp, hoping the same will happen for me....

katt981
07-26-2011, 07:23 PM
looking good! :yep:

Terri LaBarge
07-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Finally in Vegas and checked in at the hotel. Wow! So many competitors! I'm excited AND nervous. But I'm ready! Everything has come together right on time.

Gonna check in at the early height/weigh-in tonight. I hope to meet some of the girls in the WP. This is gonna be fun!

Terri LaBarge
07-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Your really only 115lbs at 5'4? I am also that height and my contest weight is around 130. That has me scared about how much muscle to have/not have. Its confusing and everyones body is different. Non the less you look as if you fit the part for wp, hoping the same will happen for me....

You're right, everyone's body is different. My coach tells me I have very small joints and a tiny waist which makes my muscle look bigger even at a light weight. I've ended up at 110lbs...prolly will put on another pound as I carb up. I'm happy with the look. My butt finally hardened up...my biggest worry. We'll see what the judges think. My coach is pretty excited but we all know it's a subjective decision in the end.

Looking forward to meeting you! I'll be the little blonde in awe of everyone else :)

stephaniewilles
07-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Small joints and waist does make a difference. I try not to stay focused on a number and go by the way I look. Easier said than done for sure lol!!!

You should be happy about your look, I saw your pics a few days ago and YOU look FAB!!!!! Yay for butt tightning =) my biggest worry as well!!! lol

Relax, rest and stay indoors, its hot out!!! heehee

I look forward to meeting you too! You'll be the blonde hot muscle chic, I'll be the off season brunette with teenager acne from head to chest lol!!! (thanks to prednisone) ugggghhh.. Saturday is my last day of taking it, so excited!!

Terri LaBarge
07-31-2011, 02:52 PM
It's over! I have to say I feel pretty good with some real food and sleep finally :)

I got called on the second call out. I had mixed feelings... On one hand it looked like I would make top 10 in my class at the USA! Who wouldn't be elated! On the other hand, I came to win so I was a little disappointed, too. It was my first national show, so the top ten potential is what I'm going with :). Congratulations to all the winners! I hope to be in your circle someday!

I got a lot...and I mean a lot of positive feedback. It was very encouraging, including a judge who came to me right after prejudging to tell me I had what they were looking for and to not give up. There was a ton of complaining about the judging, but it is what it is. There can be only one winner.

I'm gonna take a couple of weeks off to recoup and to wrap my mind around the results of this weekend. I'll prolly stay with WP but there's a lot to think about.

I still had fun and have really enjoyed meeting you guys and others in this sport. We'll see if there's more....