PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NY Pro?

Hammerfit
05-29-2011, 10:35 AM
What did you think of Green's return? Jose Raymond in my opinion was the best look of anyone! The 5' tall Marvin Ward, OMG!

George F. said he brought Kai in at 90%!

Big disappointment for Cedric and Jason.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Kai was unreal. Starting to look like a shorter version of Coleman. Rockel was excellent, just could not over come the superfreak in first place. Cedric should NOT have gained 15 lbs between shows. 5 would have put him the money. Huh is overrated. His muscles don't pop at all. The 202's were excellent.

KevinCouch
05-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Kai was the best onstage no doubt even at 90% or so. Still don't really like his physique...

In the 202 class Jose deserved the win he was much harder than Flex Lewis. Although IMO flex lewis has better shape and is a bigger wider shouldered guy and will benefit more when they go to 212 it will fill out his frame more.

Cedric disappointment. No hard enough not big enough he has flex wheeler type shape but don't know if he will ever bring it together....

JoeB8962
05-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Guys I tell you..Flex was the Guest Poser at Mayhem and when I saw him backstage there I thought the NY Pro was his, he looked fantastic..now with that said seeing the pics I think the Judges made the right choice Jose was right on the money. Marvin Ward is what Bodybuilding is all about, taking what you've got and bringing out your full potential. I stand up an applaud the Man!

The Monster's...well the largest Monster won that's about all there's to say about that!

mkris7
05-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Kai has a uncanny looking back, don't recall any having a back like that before?
People forget Kai is not only big but at close to 38 he has the Mature Muscle that a lot of the younger guys don't have yet.
The man has put in his time in the sport. I am glad for him he has come a long way and I hope he has continued success.
I work for CPS and knowing that he survived a childhood were he grew up in foster care, it touches my heart and makes his story even more incredible..

I really love Cedric's physique and personalty. A very down to earth and humble athletic with full muscle belly's and great symmetry.....but I was disappointed when looking at the pre-judging photos. It did not look like the CM that I have seen in the magazines. I am not sure how he looked at the night show but in the morning he was flat, and holding water. That being said, that man's potential is sky's the limit! Can't wait to see him next time he nails it and is ready to go!

Rick Prince
05-29-2011, 08:13 PM
What did you think of Green's return? Jose Raymond in my opinion was the best look of anyone! The 5' tall Marvin Ward, OMG!

George F. said he brought Kai in at 90%!

Big disappointment for Cedric and Jason.

I thought Kai looked good, but not as good as he did at the 2009 Arnold. If he brings the conditioning he had at the '09 Arnold to the Olympia, the scoring could be very close.

Jose Raymond looked great & I can not argue with the judges decision. I train some on the weekends at Olympus where Flex Lewis and Brandon Curry train. Of course I was hoping Flex would win and Brandon would place better.

I attended 2008 Nationals where Marvin Ward won and accepted his pro card after qualifying for the 4th time. I thought he should have beat Ed Nunn for the overall at Nationals. Glad to finally see Marvin able to compete as a pro.

Jason Huh has good shape, but was disappointing. Huh appeared a bit over confident (cocky) in recent training videos.

Hammerfit
05-30-2011, 08:20 AM
I thought Kai looked good, but not as good as he did at the 2009 Arnold. If he brings the conditioning he had at the '09 Arnold to the Olympia, the scoring could be very close.

Jose Raymond looked great & I can not argue with the judges decision. I train some on the weekends at Olympus where Flex Lewis and Brandon Curry train. Of course I was hoping Flex would win and Brandon would place better.

I attended 2008 Nationals where Marvin Ward won and accepted his pro card after qualifying for the 4th time. I thought he should have beat Ed Nunn for the overall at Nationals. Glad to finally see Marvin able to compete as a pro.

Jason Huh has good shape, but was disappointing. Huh appeared a bit over confident (cocky) in recent training videos.

Huh appeared a bit over confident (cocky) in recent training videos
Thought the same thing! Mayb this will humble him some

GerryT
05-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Was there and agree with much of what you guys were saying.

202s was most exciting, since Jose and Flex were really close. Jose was a bit harder, especially at night show. Flex has better lines and won a couple of the poses. But Jose was so dense. He dominated Flex in side chest and back poses.

And Marvin Ward was the only other in 1st callout. He may have had the best condition and posing ability of the three. Marvin worked hard from his bantamweight days to bring his best to date.

It was Kai and everyone else. Ronny looked great as usual but could not overcome Kai's size. Just unreal, and wondering what he will bring to the Olympia. Craig Richardson was at his best, and the guy from France, Beyeke, was amazing. He competed in NABBA shows and won the Universe (I think in 09). Always liked Burneika. Looked a bit flat, but improved his posing and balance. He was happy to make the O on his first try.

And have to mention the ladeies. Figure and bikini competitors were lovely and fit. Bikini is getting better as far as showing competitors who at least looked like they were in the gym.

Very good event overall.

Hammerfit
06-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Was there and agree with much of what you guys were saying.

202s was most exciting, since Jose and Flex were really close. Jose was a bit harder, especially at night show. Flex has better lines and won a couple of the poses. But Jose was so dense. He dominated Flex in side chest and back poses.

And Marvin Ward was the only other in 1st callout. He may have had the best condition and posing ability of the three. Marvin worked hard from his bantamweight days to bring his best to date.

It was Kai and everyone else. Ronny looked great as usual but could not overcome Kai's size. Just unreal, and wondering what he will bring to the Olympia. Craig Richardson was at his best, and the guy from France, Beyeke, was amazing. He competed in NABBA shows and won the Universe (I think in 09). Always liked Burneika. Looked a bit flat, but improved his posing and balance. He was happy to make the O on his first try.

And have to mention the ladeies. Figure and bikini competitors were lovely and fit. Bikini is getting better as far as showing competitors who at least looked like they were in the gym.

Very good event overall.

I bet that was a great show to see in person. Kai has to somehow whittle down that mid section IMHO, to be a serious threat to J, Phil and Branch. If he does that...all bets are off, nobody has a back like that.

Baldiewonkanobi
06-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Kai's lats have created a new Bodybuilding term....HANGING LATS. Joins canon ball delts, etc.

Baldie

GerryT
06-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Agree with Hammer and Baldie. If kai had a tighter waist, he could be Mr. O. His back would dominate the others for sure.

Will be interesting to see what all the guys bring to the O stage.

HeavyDutyGuy
06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
IF Farah can do what Oscar was unable to do and bring Kai in peaked out for the
Olympia, and if Jay is off, we could have a new Mr O. From the back, if Kai is on, he will blow people away just as he did at this show.

Hammerfit
06-08-2011, 09:21 AM
I agree, if George can get Kai a bit tighter (mid section) he will be very hard to beat. If Jay and Kai both show up at their best, we are in for a monumental Mr O!

KevinCouch
06-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I agree, if George can get Kai a bit tighter (mid section) he will be very hard to beat. If Jay and Kai both show up at their best, we are in for a monumental Mr O!

Kai is a freak! No doubt about it. Although he has better lines than Jay there's something about his physique I really don't like...can't really explain it maybe his delts aren't cannonball enough from the front I know it doesn't make sense. I'm not a big fan of Jay's but I think it's going to be hard to beat this guy IF he comes in shredded and dry. I personally like Phil's physique but Kai might cancel Phil out and Branch Warren will IMO probably drop to 3rd thru 5th this year.

Hammerfit
06-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Kai is a freak! No doubt about it. Although he has better lines than Jay there's something about his physique I really don't like...can't really explain it maybe his delts aren't cannonball enough from the front I know it doesn't make sense. I'm not a big fan of Jay's but I think it's going to be hard to beat this guy IF he comes in shredded and dry. I personally like Phil's physique but Kai might cancel Phil out and Branch Warren will IMO probably drop to 3rd thru 5th this year.

Ok, I'll say it.....GH mid sections are killing mens bodybuilding Bring back Shawn Ray, Frank Zane, Arnold, etc. Modern Day: Cedric McMillian (he will put it together)

Hammerfit
06-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Ok, I'll say it.....GH mid sections are killing mens bodybuilding Bring back Shawn Ray, Frank Zane, Arnold, etc. Modern Day: Cedric McMillian (he will put it together)

I fully expect to get flamed from that, so bring it, it's just my opinion.:dunno:

KevinCouch
06-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I fully expect to get flamed from that, so bring it, it's just my opinion.:dunno:

You just speak the truth bro. Distended mid section do NOT look good. I can only speculate but I'm guessing it's the GH and insulin abuse. There are very few IFBB BB on stage that still have the small waists. I hope Phil Heath keeps his midsection down... from the looks of some of the guest posing he's done it appears to be gettin bigger too.

HeavyDutyGuy
06-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Cedric has the same problem I do- TALL guy, lots of frame to fill out- and does not come in peaked consistently. When and if he does (with say 15 lbs more muscle on that frame) he could turn the sport around, because he will just LOOK so much better than the guys around him.. Size aint everything..

masterschamp
06-08-2011, 11:34 AM

What's really stupifying is to see guys who are never even gonna step on stage running around the gym looking like they are pregnant. To me, nothing beats that classic v-taper runnning down to a wasp like waist.

Keith

HeavyDutyGuy
06-08-2011, 11:40 AM
By the way I think its more to do with adding in Insulin to the GH- combined with the massive amounts of food you can then eat - that does it. Stallone does his share of GH and he has a smaller waist.

Hammerfit
06-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Cedric has the same problem I do- TALL guy, lots of frame to fill out- and does not come in peaked consistently. When and if he does (with say 15 lbs more muscle on that frame) he could turn the sport around, because he will just LOOK so much better than the guys around him.. Size aint everything..

Totally agree..Cedric COULD be the next coming..he has the structure

JoeB8962
06-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Amen, Amen, Amen!!!