PDA

View Full Version : Italian Bodybuilders?

Joshua H
03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
I wanted to ask if we have any pro bodybuilders living in Italy right now? I was over in Rome and Naples 2 years ago November for 2 weeks. I remember recalling how hard it would be to train and eat like a bodybuilder in Italy because of the quality and size of the gyms they had and the foods they had. More so the culture of how they eat vs what they eat. Breakfast almost non-existant, lunch is huge and dinner is also a enormous meal! The notion of eating 5-6 times a day would be harder there then it is in the stats by several fold (since we are now becoming a nation of grazers vs 3 squares a day) I managed 5-6 workouts druring my 2 weeks in Italy and still got 4 meals a day in (thanks to Met-Rx) meal replacement shakes. But to do that for months on end or years on end during a prep period seems almost impossible if you ask me.

Anyone speak from experience in this neck of the woods?:confused:

SpeedoGuido
03-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Don't they have grocery stores there?
I'm not being sarcastic, I plan on visiting Italy in the near future.
Here in Nashville I find it hard to eat clean unless I eat at home. For the most part the restaurant food really sucks here anyway! .... (Real Italian food doesn't even exist here!)
I would think most pros would want to be in control of everything they eat so following the normal eating habits of the locals would not even be an option.... but I dunno'!

DaEagles
03-30-2009, 05:19 PM
They have grocery stores over here.

DocGabri
04-14-2009, 06:50 AM
It appear strange to me, yes, we have a lot of grocery stores here