PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lenar vs Shane Carwin. Who takes it.

FU*KMD!
03-30-2009, 12:39 PM
This fight has to happen eventually and you should already know why.
I have to go with Shane for the following reasons,

Experience in MMA - Shane is 11-0 although he's never fought past 2:11 of the first round, Brock is 3-1
Size - Brock's height and weight 6'3" and 275+(before weight cut) with XXXL size gloves, while Shane is 6'2" and 275+(before weight cut) but with XXXXL gloves(explains all the KO's)
Striking - Shane has 6 KO's, Brock has 1
Wrestling - Brock has a record of 106-5 in his 4 years of college, Shane also has a wrestling background
BJJ - Shane has 5 submissions and hasn't been submitted, Brock has 1 Submission from strikes and has been submitted once
Wonder what you guys think.

Plates
03-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Brock....

Gonzaga had Carwin rocked in the 1st pretty bad. I dont think Carwin can hang with Brock's speed and power.

Bennny
03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Lesner is a big, bad man. But I think he is overrated in MMA. I give the edge to Carwin and his experience. Experience in more fights is a huge factor.

FU*KMD!
03-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Gonzaga had Carwin rocked in the 1st pretty bad. I dont think Carwin can hang with Brock's speed and power.

What he ROCKED him with would've knocked most people out, plus he recovered quick and knocked Gonzaga out with one short right. Although they walk around the same weight Lesnar does seem bigger.

FU*KMD!
03-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Since Brock is scheduled to fight Mir next, I would like to see Shane and Cain Velasquez go at it first then determine match ups from there.

Thad
03-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Since Brock is scheduled to fight Mir next, I would like to see Shane and Cain Velasquez go at it first then determine match ups from there.
Isn't Mir out? I thought I heard that Mir was hurt.

Jello
03-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Isn't Mir out? I thought I heard that Mir was hurt.

The fight was pushed back a couple of months to give him time to heal.

FU*KMD!
03-31-2009, 03:57 AM
Yeah UFC 100 July 11th.

Plates
03-31-2009, 09:13 AM
What he ROCKED him with would've knocked most people out, plus he recovered quick and knocked Gonzaga out with one short right. Although they walk around the same weight Lesnar does seem bigger.

I dont think Carwin recovered hardly at all. If you go back and look at the fight, he was still dazed and gassed as hell. But I give him props for knocking Gonzaga out. Thats the fight game though, when you put your hands down as a professional fighter, you get KO'd. I still dont think that hes an all around better fighter than Gonzaga though.

In my opinion, I dont think Carwin wouldnt make it out of the 2nd with Brock. Too much power and speed.

SpeciesMMA
03-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry all you Brock fans...Carwin will RAPE Lesnar. He not only has more experience, can match size, has brutal KO power, a TESTED chin, but he trains also trains with a far superior team with a guru at the helm to design his gameplan.

Cheers

Plates
03-31-2009, 02:42 PM
I disagree. However, Im sure we will see sooner than later.

tommy gunn
03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Only seen Brock fight once and he looked akward but he has one hell of a knock out punch so right now I say its a toss up,but I have to go with the experience

FU*KMD!
04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry all you Brock fans...Carwin will RAPE Lesnar. He not only has more experience, can match size, has brutal KO power, a TESTED chin, but he trains also trains with a far superior team with a guru at the helm to design his gameplan.

Cheers

Yeah, training with Greg Jackson is also a huge advantage. Although they're not as big as Brock, Rashad, GSP, Jardine, Marquardt, etc aren't bad sparing partners either.

exit2010
04-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I would love to see Shane knock Lesnar's ass clean out but I don't think it is going to happen. Lesnar by decision.

Johnny Phenomenon
04-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Fedor.

SuperSaiyanPump
05-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Lesnar. That guy is just a sentient tank.

dublin-lifter
05-19-2009, 07:15 PM
look lesnar still has to beat sumone he already lost to for this fight to happen anytime in the near future and what about check kongo he must be nearly due a title shot

Plates
05-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Kongo would get tooled by Lesnar...quick, fast, and in a hurry. Brock is stronger and more powerful, not to mention more explosive.

dublin-lifter
05-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Kongo would get tooled by Lesnar...quick, fast, and in a hurry. Brock is stronger and more powerful, not to mention more explosive.
kongo is well faster then lesnar and has much quicker feet and is still very strong all lesnar knows is grand and pound true if he catches you with that your fucked but thats all he has
p.s i still think frank mirr will make him tap again

bionic redneck
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM
im a fan of both so id love to see that fight