PDA

View Full Version : Meds

HeavyDutyGuy
03-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Anyone prescribed meds for any disorders? If you are, do they cause you any problems-side effects- weight gain/loss, interaction with bodybuilding drugs/hrt? I have spent 6 years on Paxil, Depakote and Seroquel- was put on them in that order. Benout of- of Paxil for a few weeks and was coming off Seroquel. The results were pretty negative,so I am getting back on them. I think the major effect is that is harder to get in shape- cut- than it was. Not dramatically harder, but harder. I'm thinking of adding in Clen and/or T3 for the first time. I am not sure yet.

BigJD69
03-30-2009, 06:09 PM
You will loose weight with Paxil in the beginning, but for some reason after that you start to gain weight. Depakote killed my stomach was on that for a short time. Been on Lexapro for years, don't know if that is the reason I have a hard time loosing weight, but there is NO Sexual Side Effects!!!

Sistersteel
03-31-2009, 03:01 AM
Depakote and Lithium made me feel like a dead zombie. I don't know how anyone can tolerate going through life with NO emotions. I had NO feelings whatsoever on those meds. The world could have burned to the ground around me and I still would have had the "oh well" attitude. I would wake up and go to bed with a tremor too. To hell with that. Just shoot me already.

E.T phone home. lol

That was ten years ago though.

I am on wellbutrin now. Bupropion is just great, mild, with almost no sides at all. I am also on a very low dose. Does not numb me out, does not affect my sex drive or my weight. Does not make me a chatty happy morone either. Very much myself, minus the bad lows. I don't do postal if I miss a dose or wake up under a bridge. lol

And the funny thing is, it was my PCP who prescribed it to me about 5 years ago to give it a try. I told him I refused to be another shrink's lab rat. He had been on it himself for quite sometime and knowing me as well as he did, he figured it would not hurt to give it a shot. Been on it every since :)

He's retired now. Great guy.

SS

kratos47
04-05-2009, 05:37 AM
remeron for sleep,anxiety and depression

Foreskin
04-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Went on effexor sr just before christmas for some depression issues. Feeling better now but it gives me dry mouth and makes me sweat like crazy also find I get winded easily now, not sure if that's the drug or just my poor cardio though

HeavyDutyGuy
04-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Interesting how no two get the same side effects. For me, the worse side effects came from withdrawing from one or more of the meds. SS, funny, depakote doesn't make me a zombie at all, or even cause emotional blunting, but I was in a daze the first week when I was on Seroquel, and very anxious the last week w/o it. Should be getting it, and more paxil in a few days. I'm not enjoying how I'm feeling off them too much.

kraken
04-07-2009, 02:47 AM
I was on Lithium 1g a day, and Trazodone 100mg a day. Turned me into a lifeless zombie. Hated it. Removed myself from the situation I was in and only use the Traz to sleep on the rare night I can't fall alseep.

Mercury
04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Went on effexor sr just before christmas for some depression issues. Feeling better now but it gives me dry mouth and makes me sweat like crazy also find I get winded easily now, not sure if that's the drug or just my poor cardio though

I had a friend (honestly) who was taking effexor. If she missed even one dose, she would get bad withdrawal symptoms right away. It was almost like her body knew she was one minute past her dose time. I remember speeding her to the drugstore for a refill and having her be sick in the car next to me on the way, and she had only missed that morning's dose. You might not have the same experience, but just in case, thought I'd give you the head's up.

Chris the Swede
04-08-2009, 02:36 AM
Mirtazipine, a low dose at night to help me sleep. Great for hunger, sleep and as I understand it lowers cortisol as well.

Tried a few anti-depressants, I´m better off without them, SSRI:s suck.

vizzorz
04-09-2009, 04:29 AM
im on prozac 40mg a day, i would have to say it works pretty good, though i get really sweaty, i sorta have that oh well attitude now a days and it has affected my memory i think especially with school work.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Mirtazipine, a low dose at night to help me sleep. Great for hunger, sleep and as I understand it lowers cortisol as well.

Tried a few anti-depressants, I´m better off without them, SSRI:s suck.

What problem did you have with SSRI's? I've done well with Paxil. Back on it and Seroquel and feel almost normal.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-11-2009, 03:15 AM
I had a friend (honestly) who was taking effexor. If she missed even one dose, she would get bad withdrawal symptoms right away. It was almost like her body knew she was one minute past her dose time. I remember speeding her to the drugstore for a refill and having her be sick in the car next to me on the way, and she had only missed that morning's dose. You might not have the same experience, but just in case, thought I'd give you the head's up.

It was in her head. Your levels GRADUALLY decline after a dose.They don't plummet like that. It took 3 days off paxil before I noticied any real withdrawal effects.

Mercury
04-11-2009, 10:10 PM
It was in her head. Your levels GRADUALLY decline after a dose.They don't plummet like that. It took 3 days off paxil before I noticied any real withdrawal effects.

It may have been in her head, but her vomit was definitely in my car. :lmao:

Don't know what to say. Maybe she was super sensitive to it or something. I'm sure side effects or withdrawal symptoms differ from med to med, too. :)

kratos47
04-13-2009, 04:55 AM
TO CHRIS THE SWEDE,

haha were on the same med bro."Mirtazipine" is remeron. how much u take? i take the lowest dose too for sleep. 15mgs its the only thing that has worked for me. and no sides for me. but i do get a bit of the late night munchies haha but i keep it in check. and yes i also read it brings down cortisol:D

Sistersteel
04-15-2009, 10:58 AM
TO CHRIS THE SWEDE,

haha were on the same med bro."Mirtazipine" is remeron. how much u take? i take the lowest dose too for sleep. 15mgs its the only thing that has worked for me. and no sides for me. but i do get a bit of the late night munchies haha but i keep it in check. and yes i also read it brings down cortisol:D

Brings down cortisol??? sweet.
Is all it is a sleep aid?

B7emm
04-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Anyone prescribed meds for any disorders? If you are, do they cause you any problems-side effects- weight gain/loss, interaction with bodybuilding drugs/hrt? I have spent 6 years on Paxil, Depakote and Seroquel- was put on them in that order. Benout of- of Paxil for a few weeks and was coming off Seroquel. The results were pretty negative,so I am getting back on them. I think the major effect is that is harder to get in shape- cut- than it was. Not dramatically harder, but harder. I'm thinking of adding in Clen and/or T3 for the first time. I am not sure yet.
I have been down and out about my back for a wile and they put me on efexer it makes me sick. I couldent get out of bed much less train. its bad enough to have to take pain killers. with the hebie jebies you get when you stop takeing them. what made a difrence for me was wellbutren. I felt normal for the first time in a long time.

kratos47
04-16-2009, 03:58 AM
the remeron is not only for sleep. its like a combo med. its an anti deppresent,anti anxiety,sleeping med. but i like it its the only thing that has helped with my sleep

RickBobby
06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Taking Trileptal generic version(mild dose really meant for seizures but used off-label) BiPolar works fine
Wanna take SPAWN a prohormone it says not too on bottle if a history of depression
BiPolar a form of depression so should I need take it? Thoughts or is that BS on the bottle ?

Chi-town1984
08-29-2009, 07:29 PM
I was on PAXIL60MG for almost 4years, up until last summer with trazadone150mg, PAXIL worked tremondously for my anxiety, panic, ocd, depression, same wit the trazadone BUT i couldnt take the side effects of the PAXIL anymore. The only side effect i liked about the paxil was the weight gain, from the paxil, eating, and training everyday for 4years i got up to 260lbs, which is the heaviest i ever was. Now i just switched to PROZAC a few weeks ago, 10mg for now. Im basically just getting back on my meds after being off them for almost a year, so just 10mg of PROZAC, and half of pill of trazadone, 75mg......see how those work for me. Also, same ? as RICKBOBBY, but i also wanna know if taking supps with meds is ok. From what i heard, its OK to do BUT your meds wont work to thier full potential. Anyone with any knowledge on this would greatly be appreciated.

"Making your EGO in the gym SMAller........Makes your muscles biGGER"

musclemilf
09-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I was on Paxil then Celexa for panic attacks both of which collectively resulted in a 60 lb weight gain. Although I worked out daily, my diet turned awful. I ate stuff (and LOTS of it!!!) that I would never imagine eating. For instance, one xmas I ate an entire container of oreo cookies. I was power eating m&ms, burritos, pizza, chinese food, see's candie, you name it. Oh, I started drinking like fish.

The meds were very effective in controlling my symptoms, but I reached a point where I got tired of being a food processing plant and stopped taking the meds. It took me 4 years to take off the weight.

Goodfellas
09-12-2009, 10:26 AM
No side effects when i was on them.