PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks Progress Pics

Joshua H
06-04-2011, 10:40 AM
April 25th to June 2nd. Not going to post up stats till people see them for what they are. I will post them shortly after I get some feedback.

Been on a concurrent hypertrophy/max strength program this whole time. 2 days upper/lower split for max strength. Then 3 day split between back/delts, legs, chest and arms for the hypertrophy days. I also do 2 days of track sprints on my no workout days.

Calories at roughly 3000k a day every day as I treat cardio sessions the same as lift session, nutritionally speaking.

tammyp
06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
are you looking to compete i assume? you need size every where before i would consider the stage. you are tall, and that works against you with adding muscle.

i would ditch the track work and seriously overhaul your program and diet. IMO you need way more cals and a different approach to your training.

Joshua H
06-06-2011, 05:39 PM
The plan I am on now has gotten me stronger then ever before. I have never made weekly gains in the big 3 lifts like this till the past 1-2 years. The track work is a must as part of my job as the strength and conditioning coordinator of the recreation department. I do a good deal of speed work with the rec, club and intramural sports teams on a weekly basis. I need to sustain some base level cardio and so the 2 short track workouts are the least I can get buy with to do so.

Off season my calories are around 4k a day on workout days and a hair lower on off days. For the past 6 weeks its been just under 3000k a day on average.

Size has only been a front-line goal since making the choice to try and do this July NANBF show that gym owner is putting a team together for. Strength has otherwise been priority 1 up till April 25th this year.

Would I like to be a bit bigger? Hell yes! Is it in my gene pool to be 230 with my build naturally? I would love to think so sure!

tammyp
06-07-2011, 06:20 AM
i just dont think you have much of a base to compete at this point. stronger is one thing, muscle growth is another. id take a year and build first...JMHO>

Joshua H
06-07-2011, 09:22 AM
i just dont think you have much of a base to compete at this point. stronger is one thing, muscle growth is another. id take a year and build first...JMHO>

In your honest opinion if I am 193lbs now in those last pictures, where do you think I would need to be weight wise (assuming I stick around 11-12%) to start dieting down for a show and be competitive? I'm 6'1" now mind you.

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2011, 11:19 AM

totally agree, i told him this in the offseason thread in contest prep section.

Ss

tammyp
06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
In your honest opinion if I am 193lbs now in those last pictures, where do you think I would need to be weight wise (assuming I stick around 11-12%) to start dieting down for a show and be competitive? I'm 6'1" now mind you.

its not about dieting down, its about having muscle mass. i cant really give you a weight per say. but at your height, alot more muscle to fill out your frame.

Joshua H
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
its not about dieting down, its about having muscle mass. i cant really give you a weight per say. but at your height, alot more muscle to fill out your frame.

Then in that case the choice I need to make is whether or not to drop the formal powerlifting as a priority objective as it has been, in place of bodybuilding like training and eating. A solid year of training for one and only one outcome (size) would be the only way I see myself adding any significant muscle mass.

I love powerlifting and have been hooked on it for 2 years now. Easier said then done to just drop it cold turkey. However if the alternative is worth the sacrifice then little is lost depending on how you see it.....gonna take some pro and con thought process.

GirlyMuscle
06-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Honestly, you haven't changed at all since you first came on the site 2 yrs ago. Everyone tells you the same thing over and over. And then you argue. If you don't want advice, stop asking for it.

Joshua H
06-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Honestly, you haven't changed at all since you first came on the site 2 yrs ago. Everyone tells you the same thing over and over. And then you argue. If you don't want advice, stop asking for it.

Thanks for the reply but it what way exactly am I asking for anything, arguing with anyone, or refusing to accept advice that has been given??

If you look here in this thread or in the off-season support thread, I am actually being pretty damn welcoming and thankful to those who have offered suggestions and responses to my posts.

Is that a problem or what?