PDA

View Full Version : IGF: W/ or W/O carbs

nsp
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
What is your take on carbs with IGF administration? I've seen believers on both ends of the spectrom here on this board. Some saying that carb consumption with the IGF will hender the responce while others say that it will inhance the responce. What do you guys think?

MrXman
06-09-2011, 11:46 AM
No benifits on a low carb diet

Dre23
06-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I like my igf with carbs. I don't find that it hinders the response, but only enhances it as they insulin response from the carbs seems to help the igf "do its thing".

And I guess there's the safety issue of doing it without carbs and going hypo, but I know some feel this worse than others.

I always believed in igf postworkout, but after reading some info and views on here regarding taking it preworkout and having done so for a couple of weeks, I am now sold on preworkout.

I just say that b/c nothing I do regarding these peps is written in stone. I think that they are so new that one must remain flexible and open to new approaches.

nsp
06-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I'd like to here from these gentlemen

RX Muscle Forums - View Single Post - Igf des

RX Muscle Forums - View Single Post - Igf des

RawLifter
06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Dre, when you say pre-workout do you mean, inject, eat a meal and work out and hour later or do you mean, inject, slam a shake with some carbs in it and hit the gym right away?

Dre23
06-09-2011, 12:27 PM
I'd like to here from these gentlemen

RX Muscle Forums - View Single Post - Igf des (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showpost.php?p=1459502&postcount=6)

RX Muscle Forums - View Single Post - Igf des (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showpost.php?p=1459723&postcount=8)

I know you weren't asking for my opinion, lol, but I agree with post number 2 and disagree with post number 1.

One of the reasons for taking hgh is to illicit a response from igf and get the benefits of igf, NOT the other way around. So while carbs/insulin may blunt the effect of gh, it will only do so by not allowing it to initiate its igf response.

But when taking straight igf, you don't have to worry about gh trying to 'activate' igf because you are already consuming straight igf!

Dre23
06-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Dre, when you say pre-workout do you mean, inject, eat a meal and work out and hour later or do you mean, inject, slam a shake with some carbs in it and hit the gym right away?

I've been injecting about 20-30mins preworkout, slam a vitargo shake with bcaa's and free from aminos along with my creatine, glutamine, beta alanine, and arginine. I then drive to the gym and by the time I get there 20mins or so have passed.

This happens around 4pm and by that time I've already eaten two whole food meals, and one protein shake earlier in the day, so this vitargo/amino shake is technically my 4th 'meal'. I then sip a similar concoction during my workout to keep from going hypo and keep my muscles full. This is only my first week doing this intra-training shake (Milos' protocol), and I am NOT taking insulin, but my stamina and strength and pumps have been amazing to say the least.

Upon completion of my workout, I do my cardio, slam a straight hydrolysate whey shake, and then eat egg whites and oatmeal about an hour later.

I know you didn't ask all of this, lol, but I figured I'd give you the full run down.

BigJD69
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
I've been injecting about 20-30mins preworkout, slam a vitargo shake with bcaa's and free from aminos along with my creatine, glutamine, beta alanine, and arginine. I then drive to the gym and by the time I get there 20mins or so have passed.

This happens around 4pm and by that time I've already eaten two whole food meals, and one protein shake earlier in the day, so this vitargo/amino shake is technically my 4th 'meal'. I then sip a similar concoction during my workout to keep from going hypo and keep my muscles full. This is only my first week doing this intra-training shake (Milos' protocol), and I am NOT taking insulin, but my stamina and strength and pumps have been amazing to say the least.

Upon completion of my workout, I do my cardio, slam a straight hydrolysate whey shake, and then eat egg whites and oatmeal about an hour later.

I know you didn't ask all of this, lol, but I figured I'd give you the full run down.
Not only are you Strong and handsome but I will also say SMART too!!!

Dre23
06-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Not only are you Strong and handsome but I will also say SMART too!!!

Lol, thanks BJD.

I think part of my perceived 'smartness' comes from my belief in less posting and more reading. Everybody on the internet would be a lot smarter if they spoke less and researched more.

That's my philosophy anyways...

nsp
06-11-2011, 07:00 PM
eeehhh, thought I would get more insight on than this. I guess Me and Dre are the only ones here who take IGF lol.

s2h
06-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Carbs are a must with my rats for any igf use...with des he needs carbs with all his meals..with lr3 carbs are def needed after the injection and with the meal that follows..i found my rat to get hypo on des if he didnt ahve carbs with all his whole food meals...

fudo myo
06-13-2011, 05:48 PM
similar to dre, i've been taking my lr3 pre-wo using it in place of insulin, following the same milos protocol with my drinks. last week was the first week and i'm already up 4lbs from it loading more creatine etc into the muscles. thats even with outside work all week in 95* weather.

BC123Jm
06-13-2011, 07:44 PM
eeehhh, thought I would get more insight on than this. I guess Me and Dre are the only ones here who take IGF lol.

I dont use carbs with Igf. pumps are great, never had a problem
going hypo. i was using 40mcg pre work out. i'm off it now

not saying i wouldnt use carbs with it but on my current program
it didnt fit in to my diet.

my diet comes first, everything else is built around that.

Bryan Hildebrand
06-13-2011, 09:13 PM
I have my rats using 100mcg pre workout. they get 80g isolyze and a cup of white rice 45 mins before training. workouts have been more energetic and they say their bi's, tri's and quads really get pumped. weight is up 4lbs in 9 days and 7 workouts.

nsp
06-13-2011, 10:04 PM
my diet comes first, everything else is built around that.

As it should...