PDA

View Full Version : GROWING SEASON - evolution of a lightweight bodybuilder

justinptrainer
06-16-2011, 06:05 PM
my name is Justin Stange. i have been competeing since 2002, and have entered 12 bodybuilding shows over that period of time. ive competed mostly in the lightweight class, less the few times i may have come in a bit on the softer side..and ended up a class up from where i needed to be. Having said that, i have has much sucess at the local level competing as a lightweight. until this past saturday, i had yet to qualify nationally..winning most of my titles in local npc district competitions, that werent deemed as national qualifiers. sat june 11th i recorded a unanimous victory at the npc rochester..earning qualification status through 2012. i have been told by many top names in the sport, including dave palumbo, george farah, and npc vice president Jim Rockell that i have much national level potential. George even remarked i could ultimately achieve pro staus...IF..i moved up a class, and came in solid rock hard condition. having said that, i have decided to devote this entire next 10-11 months, to achieving that goal. ill need to accumilate roughly 10-12lbs of raw muscle mass, and be at the top of the welterweights. this thread will chronicle my progress, along with my diet,training, and supplement schedual.ive had alot of successs coaching other athletes to national level status..and now its my time. its GROWING SEASON friends.

Dadup
06-16-2011, 06:13 PM
cool man, sounds like it'll be a good thread! any pics?

justinptrainer
06-16-2011, 07:16 PM
this is our starting point. ive been told my symmetry and size are pretty good..but we are after greatness. and that means another 12lbs of meat

justinptrainer
06-16-2011, 07:19 PM
ive had quite the post contest rebound..thus my weight rt now is around 179. (was 154 on stage 5 days ago). therefore 179 is my starting point. while i dont have a goal offseason weight yet..i typically get up to around 186..in decent condition..so im guessing 197-200lbs is going to be the ultimate goal before we start precontest. the 2012 ifbb NORTH AMERICAN will be the next move. my first national show. over the next 10-11 months..i am putting together a mass construction plan..to move me on up to the top of the welters

justinptrainer
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
MASS CONSTRUCTION PHASE 1 - JUNE15-JULY15

base diet - i will be following for the most part our very own Dave Palumbo's mass diet. when you break it down rationally..it only makes sense. quality protein and essential fats are the building blocks of muscular hypertrophy..end of story. a moderate amount of carbs are needed to fuel the training, and energy demands of our lifestyle..while also giving us that all important insulin spike both pre and post workout..driving those amino acids into our muscle cells. dave's diet has worked for me in the past..and i certainly will be modeling my diet after his recommendations.
TRAINING - my training split will be mon-friday..day 1 chest, day 2- delts/abs, day3-back,day 4-legs,day 5-arms. i will be utilizing some training routines from JOHN MEADOWS..you can google his name and check it out. his routines are AWESOME.

justinptrainer
06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
JOHN Meadows doesnt know me..but yesterday he kicked my butt with his phase 1 leg routine. we started weith lying hamstring curls..afetr a couple 20rep warmup sets..we pyramided sets of 15,12,10...and then the fun part..a triple drop..10 reps..drop a plate..10reps(get em done)..back UP a plate...25 stretch partials...ahhh! blood engorged my legs..as i moved on to the stiff leg deads..using 25s as to get a deeper strech i endured 2 sets of 10..slow..squeeze..allll the way to the floor. my hams were so pumped from the curls that this was truly a challenge. thats it for hams..quads were up. first..LEG PRESS..feet slightly wider than shoulder width..3 warm up sets..then 3x10..heres the catch.. 3 sec negatives EVERY REP..AND explode out of the bottom. GREAT FOR building adductor thickness..not too mention the quad pump was sick. after this we did some extreme quad stretching(dc style)finally hack squats...2 sets of 10..ROCK BOTTOM..3 SEC NEGATIVE..and a final set of 10..folowed by a drop to 1/2 the weight for 15 explosive reps. ouch! and then once again EXTREME STRETCH...gotta loosen that fascia! wow..next day my legs felt like they were beaten with sticks. try it!

NEEDTOBUILDMUSCLE.COM
06-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Great work man!

JM is an incredible man and knows his stuff. Mountain Dog it baby! Keep killing it!!

mountaindog1
06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Justin - thank you for the kind words!

JM

justinptrainer
06-20-2011, 05:34 PM
its monday..fresh start to the training week. i want to first congratulate SHELBY STARNES on his victory at the 2011 npc jr nationals. Shelby was the person to turn me on to the MOUNTAIN DOG style of training devised by renown trainer JOHN MEADOWS. today i started off my training week with an intense back session. we started with a unique rowing exercise named after john..the Meadows row. this involves rowing the end of a tbar row..with a single limb at a time(go to the mountaindogdiet.com web site for more details)..after 3 intense sets my lats had some serious blood flow. i then moved on to a one arm dumbell row..coming to a complete stop on the floor..and accelerating the weight up to my hip.3 sets of 8 reps, and my whole entire back began to fill up. after the rowing, we moved on to some stretching exercises. i started with a basic set of lat pulldowns for a couple warm up sets..then progressing to 3 sets involving 6-8 HEAVY REPS, followed by 12 STRETCH PARTIALS at the tail end of each set..only moving the bar a couple inches at that point. wow! my lats were on fire. i moved to the v bar, for 2 sets of 8 reps of close grip pullodwns..continous tension style, and finshed with a jogn meadows recommended DUMBELL SHRUG WITH 3 SEC PAUSE AT THE TOP. oh boy..my traps were cramped! diet has pregressed, eating more and more each day as my body has begun to accept larger amounts of food..after a week removed from show. the water bloat from post contest rebound has subsided..and we are in buisness! stay tuned!

justinptrainer
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Training has gone extremely well thus far this week. quick recap..
tuesday - chest
dumbell press with full rotation 4x8 with 6 stretch patials
incline dumbell press dead stop 3" abv chest 4x8 (last set 6 stretch partials)
cable crossover 1 1/2 reps 4x10
wed - shoulders/abs
cable rear delt raise from high pulley 3x25(ouch)
lateral "swings"(partial lateral raise) 3x25
face down rear delt raises 3x25
swiss ball cruches w weight 3x15
thurs - repeat of last weeks JOHN MEADOWS phase 1 leg blast
lying leg curl 15,12,8,10+25 stretch partials
stiff leg deads 2x10 fullll stretch
leg press 3 sec negatives+explosive reps 3x10
hack squat 3x10 full ROM/ last set continous tension+drop set(1/2 weight 12 reps explosively) legs were fried!
seem to have hit a good rebound thus far, afetr the show..strength and bw are up from previous years

justinptrainer
07-04-2011, 09:03 AM
quick results stats..3 weeks

starting numbers - bw-176 arms -17.3/4" leg-25.5 waist -29.75
today bw-183 arms -18 leg 26.2 waist -30.25

having a very good post contest reboind so far..doing alot of john meadows style training..with dave palumbo's offseason diet...stay tuned!