PDA

View Full Version : Purple Wrath vs Xtend: Is P.W. better due to EAA included?

NPCKnight
03-31-2009, 05:35 AM
I know everyone loves Xtend....

and I personally am NOW a devoted fan of Chain'd Out by ALR.

HOWEVER, if you are looking for a BCAA and EAA mix... instead of buying EAA's separately, do you think Purple Wrath would be a better supplement since it not only has BCAA's but also includes EAAs?

Both ratios are 2:1:1, 3.5g Leucine and 1.75g each of Valine and Isoleucine for Xtend. As far as Purple Wrath goes...I cannot find the individual values of the BCAAs. It must be less since the total with EAAs is 7g(proprietary complex).

Xtend has Glutamine(2.5g) and Purple Wrath doesnt.

Purple Wrath includes 6 other EAA's, Beta Alanine, Betaine Andhydrous, Ginger(from root), and L-Norvaline.

Both have Citurlline Malate, Vitamin B6

So...between the two of them...which one is better and why. And would you sooner buy EAAs separately or just get Purple Wrath if you wanted to add them to your BCAAs?

chasebny
03-31-2009, 09:57 AM
Vassive EA 8 by ON might be what your looking for. Has bcaa's listed and eaa's. But between the two, it depends if money is a factor. If so, Im going xtend.

militantmuscle
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
I'd buy EAAs separately.

fitcorps
03-31-2009, 11:31 AM
I wanted to know this...if there was a difference between using only BCAA duirng training or using BCAA with mixed EAA's during training. It's hard to tell. I do'nt feel there is a difference. I dont' notice anything different that isn't a result in eating more calories.

crashcrew56
03-31-2009, 11:32 AM
I really like purple wrath, I've taken it before workouts with my preworkout energy supp, and that shit really gives you an outragous amount of energy

timmytimm3
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
I really like purple wrath, I've taken it before workouts with my preworkout energy supp, and that shit really gives you an outragous amount of energy

Even by itself it's great. I mix it with a bunch of water and drink before, during, and after workouts.

fitcorps
03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
PW is a great product. I used a few tubs and like the flavor and the BA is definitely of benefit.

Gerb
03-31-2009, 02:49 PM
The "wrath" part is referring to the flavor. Absolutely horrible IMO. If you don't mind the flavor of powdered BCAAs (which I hate) you might like it but if you have ever tasted powdered CEE, it tastes like that only worse.

... appartently thou I am in the minority on this one cause everyone else above likes it.

... in regards to the label, on paper I think it is a great product. I just thought I would chime in on the taste.

crashcrew56
03-31-2009, 03:39 PM
I think the taste is alright, I used to mix purple wrath and white flood together with room temprature water, now that was hard to get down, it would take me forever drink it

NPCKnight
04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
anyone other opinions?