PDA

View Full Version : Supplement direct?

Jason Newman
02-11-2009, 10:09 PM
anyone have experience with bulk stuff from Supplement Direct? i had a store chain in SLO when i went to school there, but never bought bulk stuff, so lemme know

buster12
02-11-2009, 10:20 PM
none... srry

Legend
02-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I recommend www.Nutraplanet.com (http://www.Nutraplanet.com)

ribnof
02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
nutraplanet is great

andypro
02-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I recommend www.vitacost.com
shipping $4.99 on any size order.

Legend
02-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I recommend www.vitacost.com (http://www.vitacost.com)
shipping $4.99 on any size order.

Vitacost is a good site, but did you even read the original question??

When did Vitacost start selling bulk supplies and powders??

SallyAnne
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
I like puritan's pride

Bubba Bronko
02-13-2009, 10:22 PM
never delt with them but fitnessone.com has pretty prices and are very quick with shipping i always get my stuff within a day or two...yes i read the question!

militantmuscle
02-13-2009, 11:06 PM
I like puritan's pride

Wow, I thought I was the only one that knew about Puritan's Pride. They are ridiculously cheap, since they supply Vitamin Shoppe and other large retailers with vitamin/mineral supplements. They have everything, all your vitamins, omega-3, glucosamine, amino acids, 4-hydroxyisoleucine, alpha lipoic acid, basically anything that can be put in a capsule or softgel, they have it!

If you guys order from there though, I'd wait for the buy one get one free sale to end, it's actually a gimmick, the prices are usually cheaper than that.

GetLean
02-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Very interesting that they carry 4 hydroxyisoleucine, I have recently been doing a lot of research on that ingredient and have found that it is very hard to stabilize and keep from producing odor, if they have it down, I would love to try it out.

militantmuscle
02-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey allstar,

fenugreek seed extract is a good source of 4-hydroxyisoleucine, so search for fenugreek on puritan.com, not the amino acid name.

GetLean
02-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks a lot.

You ever tried it out?

militantmuscle
02-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Not me personally, I have encouraged my clients to use it along with their insulin protocols, I have an otc supplement cocktail that helps with insulin sensitivity that includes 4-hydroxyisoleucine, and I have my athletes use it during and post insulin usage.

GetLean
02-13-2009, 11:34 PM
I have been looking at mixing up AEE(or AAKG) with bitter melon extract and 4-hydroxyisoleucine, it should be a solid mix hopefully.

militantmuscle
02-14-2009, 12:08 AM
cool, look into d-pinitol and alpha lipoic acid as well, I think those would be good ingredients to put in that combo. What are you trying to achieve with that concoction?

GetLean
02-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I want to test out and see if NO2 does increase insulin mimickers effectiveness at all, from what I have read they do, but I'm not sure if I believe that. ALA could be good to add with its potent anti oxidant effect. What do you think about vanadyl sulfate?

militantmuscle
02-14-2009, 12:21 AM
I think more research needs to be done on it, and I wouldn't include it in your insulin maximizing formula. The research is kind of discouraging.

GetLean
02-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Exactly my thoughts, I also think that you can only saturate the cells with so much glucose at one time, so I don't see if by maybe speeding up the process could help, very black and white.

militantmuscle
02-14-2009, 12:32 AM
allstar, are you going to be using insulin with this formula?

GetLean
02-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Not straight up insulin, just mimickers.

militantmuscle
02-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Oh ok, good luck with the formula, keep us posted with your results!

Legend
02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey allstar,

fenugreek seed extract is a good source of 4-hydroxyisoleucine, so search for fenugreek on puritan.com, not the amino acid name.

Fenugreek seed extract is not 4-hydroxyisoleucine.

4-hydroxy is only one of the extracts taken from a fenugreek seed, another is fenuside.

Promilin is the patented name for 4-hydroxyisoleucine

Fenuside is a patented name for fenugreek seed extract.

The fenugreek extract (Fenuside) is supposed stimulate the body’s own production of Androgens. It stimulates the Adrenal cortex, and causes the release of the body’s own androgens. (Androstenedione)

The fenugreek extract (4-hydroxyisoleucine) is responsible for all the benefits related to GDAs, insulin, blood sugar, etc.

So, in other words, to get the GDA type benefit that bodybuilders, or athletes are looking for, the fenugreek product must say (fenugreek extract, standerized 4-hydroxyisoleucine)

militantmuscle
02-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Legend is correct, sorry for the miscommunication guys.

Look for (fenugreek extract, standerized 4-hydroxyisoleucine) to ensure you are getting the right ingredient that serves as a glucose disposal agent.

GetLean
02-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the clear up.

chucksm00th
02-17-2009, 01:31 PM
dpsnutrition is my fav

NPCKnight
02-17-2009, 08:39 PM
since when does Dpsnutrition sell bulk powders? Chuck...please stop trying to run up your post count and read the actual threads and what they are asking/debating. People will be inspired more by your intelligence in writing and debating subject matter than having a high post count.

chucksm00th
02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
since when does Dpsnutrition sell bulk powders? Chuck...please stop trying to run up your post count and read the actual threads and what they are asking/debating. People will be inspired more by your intelligence in writing and debating subject matter than having a high post count.

good god man..I dont buy "waxy maize" from DPS...i get it from bulknutrition. I perfer DPS since the prices are good and the shipping in to my house in a matter of 2 days.

Besides what is your issue with me?? It seems you troll around the site following me wherever i go bashing and making remarks to everything i say. Why dont you read up a few posts and make the same statements to everyone who had "ALSO" posted their favorite site as well.

NPCKnight
02-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Because Legend already said it to those people. If you had read the thread you would have seen that and that the issue is bulk powders. I dont troll around, but it is increasingly evident when you post on everything and half of it you dont know about or dont even post an answer corresponding with the question. That is all.

And for the record, Nutraplanet and Trueprotein for bulk powders.

ChowderPaw
02-23-2009, 05:47 PM
These are all very good sites and offer some great values, but Supplement Direct also offers great values some better than others and goes the extra mile with independent tests on each and every batch of raw material prior to packaging and selling. Show me another brand that does the same and I'll be equally as impressed.

GetLean
02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
That is pretty impressive that they do independent tests on each batch.

SonOfPluto
02-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I too recommend DPSNUTRITION, they almost always ship out same way, have great prices, and are very reliable.

andypro
02-25-2009, 12:48 AM
none... srry
hey bro the code -gng336- has expired.:confused: