PDA

View Full Version : Fat Girl Turned Bikini Competitor, moving on to WPD!

Pages : [1] 2

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Hey Everyone.. I'm new to the Rx Muscle Forums, as of yesterday and want to meet people with similar interests as me in the fitness industry, so its great to be a part of this site.
I don't have the typical athletic background as many others do. I was always obese as a child and growing up was extremely hard for me.. Constantly being teased, made fun of, and my diet always consisted of cuban food (white rice, beans, and tons of pork). In 2006, I weighed in at 220 pounds and my doctor told me it was either diet down and be healthy, or end up like the rest of my family and have to get gastric bypass in the future. I took the initiative and hired a personal trainer.. I did my first competition in March 2010- Sunshine Classic here in Florida and then Southern States in July. Because I fell in love with training heavy, I felt that I had too much definition (upper body) for Bikini, once I placed 12th out 18 girls at Southern States. I'm currently training for the newest category "Physique" in 2012, training and off-season diet are going well.. I'm a part of Team Wolfe. I have always kept a journal, since my journey began in 2006, and I will continue my training journal on this site.Any tips and advice are always welcome! Open ears and mind! http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2010/06/22/24108421/progresspic/1mwpcHW0FsxnnwNQDj8cO9gPFoWIS41853.jpg:yep:

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2010/06/22/24108421/progresspic/1mwpcHW0FsxnnwNQDj8cO9gPFoWIS41853.jpg
http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2010/06/22/24108421/progresspic/1mwpcHW0FsxnnwNQDj8cO9gPFoWIS41853.jpg

Bencher
06-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Great job on taking the harder, though more rewarding path to getting in shape. And congrats on the transformation! Best of luck with your journey into the sport.

nsp
06-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Congrats on the transformation and new life style. That back shot looks great. Good luck with WPD and welcome to RX.

daywalker72
06-21-2011, 10:39 AM
good job.

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the support guys! I sincerely appreciate it.. I look forward to meeting many people on here and keep a log of my diet, training, and prep once it begins. This is only the beginning for me, i'm still learning the ropes of the fitness world.. :)

elizabethm173
06-21-2011, 11:31 AM
You go girl!!! I'm proud of you.

Bencher
06-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the support guys! I sincerely appreciate it.. I look forward to meeting many people on here and keep a log of my diet, training, and prep once it begins. This is only the beginning for me, i'm still learning the ropes of the fitness world.. :)

Question. Looking back at the pics. Is that the top of a tattoo im c'ng just above your bikini bottoms? In front.

yarddog
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Amazing....great job!

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 11:46 AM
You go girl!!! I'm proud of you.

Lizzzz!!! You have no idea how proud I am of you! You looked so Amazing on stage.. I was so excited that you had the first call out.. Only a few steps away from that Pro Card! You Inspire and motivate me to be a better competitor!

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys.. Now don't be a perv "Mr. Bencher", yes that is a tattoo.. and no I won't reveal what it is.. Thats only for my husband to see. LOL..

Bencher
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys.. Now don't be a perv "Mr. Bencher", yes that is a tattoo.. and no I won't reveal what it is.. Thats only for my husband to see. LOL..

Nah no perv :yep:

Was just curious.

The Prodigy
06-21-2011, 12:10 PM
WOW....so proud of you!

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
WOW....so proud of you!

Thank you so much Gail! I look forward to doing some interviews and videos with Rx Girl next year during prep, I would love to share my success story with other women. The journey was not only a physical one, but also emotional.. I never thought in a million years that I could accomplish so much. I look up to women like yourself. That is one of the many tools I use to help continue motivate me to be the best that I can be!

Dadup
06-21-2011, 12:48 PM
great transformation, you look great! your story will inspire alot of people :yep:

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM
great transformation, you look great! your story will inspire alot of people :yep:

Thank you so much.. That is one of my biggest goals; to inspire others who are looking to accomplish similar goals, who think they can't do it.. I plan on doing videos and interviews with Rx Muscle..and most importantly, I kept a record of all my diets, pictures, and show preps. Maybe, someday I can be a Motivational Speaker, that would be a Dream Come True!

Suzanne
06-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Congrats on your transformation!

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Congrats on your transformation!

Thank you so much Suzanne!! :yep:

katt981
06-21-2011, 04:25 PM
wow you've come so far and changed it all up! Great!!!

Dadup
06-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Thank you so much.. That is one of my biggest goals; to inspire others who are looking to accomplish similar goals, who think they can't do it.. I plan on doing videos and interviews with Rx Muscle..and most importantly, I kept a record of all my diets, pictures, and show preps. Maybe, someday I can be a Motivational Speaker, that would be a Dream Come True!
sounds great to me! best of luck to you, we're all looking forward to it!

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Thank you for the comments guys, I really appreciate it.. while on this journey to the big shows next year, I will be posting diets and training splits.. along with videos.. Stay Tuned, theres no ending to this story. haha.. ;)

MrsSims
06-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Omg.. Just realized that my before pic was posted 3 times on this thread. Sorry guys, just ignore the reposts of pics..lol Still a newbie and learning how to post. haha

beezy13
06-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Truley amazing transformation. Just proves what hard work can do for someone. Congrats.

stephaniewicked
06-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Hey girl! Congratulations, and welcome to Rx!! This is so badass to read your story... I love that you're skipping figure and going straight for physique! I was just joking with my friends this weekend that I wish I could do that, lol. I'll be following along for sure... you look fantastic!!

True Iron Chick
06-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Awesome story! Looking forward to seeing you kick some ass in the new division!

Ibarramedia
06-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Great job on the transformation.

MrsSims
06-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Truley amazing transformation. Just proves what hard work can do for someone. Congrats.

Hey girl! Congratulations, and welcome to Rx!! This is so badass to read your story... I love that you're skipping figure and going straight for physique! I was just joking with my friends this weekend that I wish I could do that, lol. I'll be following along for sure... you look fantastic!!

Awesome story! Looking forward to seeing you kick some ass in the new division!

Great job on the transformation.

:) Thanks so much for all of your compliments!! I have beat the odds, proved my doubters wrong, and most importantly reached one of my biggest goals.. With determination, focus, and heart ANYTHING is possible.. The reason why I wanted to jump from Bikini to Physique is because at Southern States, standing next to the other girls, I was much harder up top.. and not to mention now that I could accomplish my biggest goal, I love a challenge! Later on tonite, i'll give some insight on current training splits, off-season diet i'm on, and some updated pics later on. I look forward to meeting you guys at some upcoming shows next year. I might be going to Olympia this year.. Maybe you guys will be at the booths? Thanks again for the positivity on this site, it really means alot to me!

Mr.Dedication
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Amazing transformation!!!! :yep: Great job and keep up the good work

MrsSims
06-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Amazing transformation!!!! :yep: Great job and keep up the good work

Thank you "Mr. Dedication"! Stay tuned for my constant updates in my online journal.. I'm definitely going to make next year, a GREAT one!

sweetjane57
06-22-2011, 07:03 PM
;) you have the BEST support behind you! Your before and after is RIDONKULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsSims
06-22-2011, 07:30 PM
;) you have the BEST support behind you! Your before and after is RIDONKULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalieee!! I had no idea u came on here.. haha.. Great that we can keep in touch on the boards.. and Yes I do believe I have the BEST support ever, with you, Nate, and Aj... This is going to be the best prep ever for me! I'm super excited, been training my butt off.. and can't wait to finally meet you guys soon! We should definitely train together. :)

MrsSims
06-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Since today was "Leg Day" and I just got back in from my training session. I figured I would give an over view of what my coach has me eating for my off-season Leg Day Diet..

Meal 1: 25gr. Protein, 50gr. of Carbs
Meal 2: 25gr. Protein, 60gr. of Carbs (This meal is eaten right before training)
Meal 3: 25gr. Protein, 50 gr. of Carbs
Meal 4: 25 gr. Protein, 50 gr. of Carbs
Meal 5: 25 gr. Protein, 50 gr. of Carbs
Meal 6: 25 gr. Protein, 8 gr. of Fats

Here are the sources that i'm currently using for my Protein, Carbs, and Fats:

Protein: I'm on a Tuna Burger kick right now, (I listed the receipe under the Rx Girl Diet Receipes Thread), Egg Whites, Chicken Breast, and Protein Shakes

Carbs: Brown Rice Shell Pasta (tastes incredible with the Tuna Burger), Brown Rice, and Old- Fashioned Oats

Fats: Barlean's Flax Oil, Almond or Organic Peanut Butter

Pic Below is from my hubby's show Europa on April 29, 2011:

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2011/06/08/24108421/gallerypic/1DCDCOz7endoSpAiDjePIoyCwXtY0842.jpeg

ChristyLaurenPoole
06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
WOWZERS THIS IS AWESOME! I LOVE TRANSFORMATIONS!!!!!!!! I also like how your jumping from Bikini to WPD!!!!! YOU GO GIRL !

MrsSims
06-23-2011, 06:25 PM
WOWZERS THIS IS AWESOME! I LOVE TRANSFORMATIONS!!!!!!!! I also like how your jumping from Bikini to WPD!!!!! YOU GO GIRL !

It's amazing how your skin wasn't affected, also, i did notice your tat, NICE!.

Thanks so much Christy! I sincerely appreciate your compliment.. Yes, a HUGE jump, but i'm taking almost 2 years off to accomplish it.. Its ALOT of hardwork, dedication, and focus.. But after the accomplishing my biggest goal which was to lose almost 100 pounds, I feel like the sky is the limit for me.. and i'm more than determined to chase it!
My skin was affected during the weightloss process. My stomach was huge.. I was constantly questioned everyday of my life since I was 16 years old, "if I was expecting (a baby)", I would go home crying to my parents.. However, I did see a plastic surgeon to see if I should have a tummy tuck after losing the weight, due to the excess skin (it was hanging and stretched out very badly), and he recommended that I continued going to the gym and training abs on a daily basis.. I did just that, and then had "Fraxel Laser" done to my stomach, which helped to tighten up the little bit of skin left over and also removed about 90% of the stretch marks. And yes, it was an extremely painful 6 sessions of treatments.

MrsSims
06-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Heres a pic from my last comp., where you can slightly notice the stretch marks left behind from my transformation:

stephaniewicked
06-25-2011, 06:27 AM
That's an OFF season pic for you??! Incredible!!

MrsSims
06-25-2011, 09:54 AM
That's an OFF season pic for you??! Incredible!!

LOL.. I feel like a fatass right now, but could be because i'm not used to this prep...While prepping for bikini my coach at the time had me on starvation mode and it wasn't fun.. But my coach now (WolfPack Nutrition) has me on a great plan for off-season with sushi as my cheatmeal once per week.. That pic was taken on April 29th, right before I started my off-season, and before I ate a HUGE Chicago deep dish pizza after the Europa in orlando. Trust me, I definitely wasn't feeling pretty after that! haha.. oh and then after the pizza, it was Mexican food to celebrate my bday! :)

MrsSims
06-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Due to a high demand of information regarding my transformation, I will also be creating a "Like" Facebook Page.. I will post the link to my new page soon! Thanks to all who have been following my journal! :)

dbmneto
06-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Congratulations!

dmatuszak
06-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Following !!!!!! Congrats on your transformation that is awesome !!!!!!

MrsSims
06-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Congratulations!

Following !!!!!! Congrats on your transformation that is awesome !!!!!!

Thanks for the warm wishes and compliments guys! Danielle, let me know how the surgery goes. I'm sure it will turn out AMAZING! :)

MrsSims
06-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Hey everyone! I've attached a few more before and after photos.. Today was Legs, and my hubby trashed me in the gym.. I can barely walk, and nearly puked during my workout. I honestly, have never felt the drive and motivation that I have now.. I have been achieving my PRs over time. I love Thursdays, because they are high carb days, so my energy is up throughout the day. Here are some of the movements for my workout I did earlier:

Leg Extensions- Warm up: 3 sets 20-25 reps
Leg Press- 5 sets, 3-6 plates a side 12-20 reps , 4 sets
Hack Squats- no weights, 30reps to failure , 3 sets
Lying Hamstring Curls- 70-90lbs, 15-20 reps, 4 sets
DB Stiff Legged Deads- 25-40lbs, 10-15 reps, 4 sets
Squats on Smith- 35lbs each side, 15-20 reps, 4 sets
Vertical Leg Press- 45lbs each side, 12-15 reps, 4 sets
Leg Press Machine- 120lbs, 10-15 reps-Slow negatives 2-3 secs. down, 3 sets

Pics Info.: Tropical Photo: Sept. 2006- I was at my heaviest, 220 pounds
Red Tank Top Photo: December 2007- about 200 pounds
Pink Blouse: December 2007- 200 pounds
Silver Formal Dress: November 2009- This pic was taken during my prep for March 2010, I was over dieted, 130 pounds
White Bathing Suit: February 2009- about 165 pounds. Honestly, although this was a photoshoot for my sister's fashion school degree, I was soooo Self-conscious, was before my breast lift surgery and attempted to look sexy at 5am in 40 degree weather..
Halloween Photo: October 2009- 140 pounds. This was my first time in a 2 piece after I had my surgery done. Wow, did I feel confident.. It was a Great moment in my life, that I will always cherish!! :)

katt981
06-30-2011, 06:40 PM
wow - great pics! Nice halloween costume!!

MrsSims
06-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Pink Blouse: December 2007- 200 pounds

MrsSims
06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
wow - great pics! Nice halloween costume!!

Thank you Katt! Was definitely a nerve wrecking day for me.. I was trying to cover up my stomach. I still wasn't used to showing my body and was a bit self-conscious about the way I looked.. But that night, I looked at as practice before getting on stage for the first time! :)

AJSIMS
06-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Very very proud of my amazing beautiful fiance !! You have come so far and continue to kill it everyday baby ! I will always be there to help you , push you and keep you focused :) .. Next stop WPD pro status ! I love you and what a great group of people on RX everyone is very motivating and friendly !

I<3heavyliftin
06-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Great progress girl! I am also switching from bikini to physique. I had the same problem as you, i placed horribly because i was "too hard". I love lifting heavy and training hard, so I just decided to change up divisions. I totally feel your pain with the diet switch too! I went from a nearly starvation bikini precontest diet, to an off season bulker diet for physique!
Keep up the great work, and I can't wait for the updates!

MrsSims
06-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Great progress girl! I am also switching from bikini to physique. I had the same problem as you, i placed horribly because i was "too hard". I love lifting heavy and training hard, so I just decided to change up divisions. I totally feel your pain with the diet switch too! I went from a nearly starvation bikini precontest diet, to an off season bulker diet for physique!
Keep up the great work, and I can't wait for the updates!

First off, I LOVE your sn.. Its AWESOME! Yes I completely feel you on the "too hard" look. I was so upset at my last show, I felt like I let myself down.. That is until I came back to reality. I looked over my pics from my first show in March and the 2nd was in July.. In less than 3 months of dieting and getting back in the gym, I had HUGE gains in between March and July. I was happy with my results and the way I looked on stage, I did Southern States which is one of the biggest state shows here in FL and I wont say what the judges told me after the show, because I was left with my jaw wide open from their lousy critique they gave me. I always wanted a challenge in the gym, and got tired of using 2-8lb weights for Bikini.. Thats what I was using to lose 100 pounds and my goals were different once I hit the stage and felt what it was like to be confident and present the package I had been working on for so long. Let's definitely keep in touch and i'm super excited for you as well. Its a long journey to go from Bikini to WPD, but is possible with a successful off-season. I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully we can do a show together next year. Would be awesome to finally meet some great competitors!!

Photo Info:
Blue Background: March 2010
Black Background: July 2010

stephaniewicked
07-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Well I think you look stunning, woman... I love how we're all jumping ship on bikini, lol. Training is so much more fun now that I'm not restricted anymore, so I know exactly how you ladies feel! I wanna skip figure too, haha... Not sure that will happen for me too soon since I'm keeping my cals pretty low still so I don't get too fluffy during bikini season... but I'm hoping to make some improvements with the slight increase. I'm excited to see what you bring to physique next year! I'm really loving that division so far!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-01-2011, 03:28 PM
amen to that!

MrsSims
07-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Well I think you look stunning, woman... I love how we're all jumping ship on bikini, lol. Training is so much more fun now that I'm not restricted anymore, so I know exactly how you ladies feel! I wanna skip figure too, haha... Not sure that will happen for me too soon since I'm keeping my cals pretty low still so I don't get too fluffy during bikini season... but I'm hoping to make some improvements with the slight increase. I'm excited to see what you bring to physique next year! I'm really loving that division so far!!

amen to that!

Thanks so much Steph.. I actually took a look at your photos on facebook, and you are one HOT chick!! Tell me about the training.. LOL.. Going heavy has always been my thing, and whats even funnier is that as I grew to love weights while losing weight, I would train 3 days out of the week with my sister, and would go super heavy while my trainer wasn't around. Haha.. She never found out, because I knew she would get pissed that I was gaining too much muscle for Bikini. My cals were sooooo low, I would fall asleep driving to and from work, and had to take about 3 naps a day just to get through both off and on season. I honestly, love this new division and am looking forward to seeing many more women transitioning over to Physique. I honestly wasn't comfortable with many of the women backstage at my last show. I couldn't get ready behind stage because there were a few that were threatening to steal my stuff, and one bikini competitor's coach was booing me on stage.. I couldn't even believe it!! But that was my "warm welcoming" into this sport.. Gotta take the bad with the good! Hopefully I will get to meet you girls soon, possibly at Olympia this year.. The off-season Physique prep, is one that I am definitely not used to. Luckily I get to eat tons of food, with one cheat meal per week (which is Sushi, my fav), and I get to lift as heavy as I can. But the being fluffy part is the only thing I don't like.. I guess i'm traumatized from being so fat, that I hate even being a little bloated. But the final result is what i'm looking forward to, and most importantly showcasing my new body to everyone.. I get nervous just thinking about it! :p

MrsSims
07-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Very very proud of my amazing beautiful fiance !! You have come so far and continue to kill it everyday baby ! I will always be there to help you , push you and keep you focused :) .. Next stop WPD pro status ! I love you and what a great group of people on RX everyone is very motivating and friendly !

Words could never describe the feelings that I have for you.. You are my everything, my soulmate, my training partner, great cook, amazing partner, and most importantly my bestfriend! Thank you babe for always being there for me, for pushing me when I think I can't go anymore, and for believing in me. You are the reason that I wake up with a smile on my face every single day. I will continue being the best that I can be for you and for us, forever! :)

I<3heavyliftin
07-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Steph, I think moving into figure would be a good move for you. I was thinkin' about keepin' my cals low for the rest of bikini season too, but i couldn't stand the thought of being all weak and depleted for any longer! I guess i'll just have to live with a little extra "fluff" :p

MrsSims
07-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Steph, I think moving into figure would be a good move for you. I was thinkin' about keepin' my cals low for the rest of bikini season too, but i couldn't stand the thought of being all weak and depleted for any longer! I guess i'll just have to live with a little extra "fluff" :p

Haha Tell me about it! Id rather have all the extra Fluff than to be falling asleep behind the wheel.. I just didn't feel healthy either. Although I was eating veggies and taking supps all day long. I was so depleted all year long and my trainer wasn't too knowledgeable in the off-season department. I went from people asking me if I was pregnant to Do you eat? Are you suffering from Anorexia? LOL.. Terrible! Steph should def. consider Figure, by the looks of her pics, she already has a great base for muscle, just has to build on top of it.. and would be even better to be able to eat more cals. :yep:
P.S. Heavy Liftin, you should create a journal so we can all follow it!

I<3heavyliftin
07-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Haha Tell me about it! Id rather have all the extra Fluff than to be falling asleep behind the wheel.. I just didn't feel healthy either. Although I was eating veggies and taking supps all day long. I was so depleted all year long and my trainer wasn't too knowledgeable in the off-season department. I went from people asking me if I was pregnant to Do you eat? Are you suffering from Anorexia? LOL.. Terrible! Steph should def. consider Figure, by the looks of her pics, she already has a great base for muscle, just has to build on top of it.. and would be even better to be able to eat more cals. :yep:
P.S. Heavy Liftin, you should create a journal so we can all follow it!

I just started my journal!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-03-2011, 11:32 PM
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!

MrsSims
07-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Yayyy! Definitely Following, my fellow Bikini Girl!! :)

MrsSims
07-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Just got into work not too long ago.. And while i'm here, I typically respond to comments and messages on RX. I'm officially hooked to posting on the forums and getting feedback. It definitely keeps me busy while bored all day for 8 hours.
Tomorrow is Bis and Tris w/ cardio, and calves.. I'll post my workout tomorrow for all to see!
Hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July! Time to get back in the gym and to work! ;)

KiNG BLiTe
07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Congrats on all the hard work. Inspiration for anyone indeed. Rx is a good place, full of great people and inspiration/motivation. I do no post alot, read more then anything here, but this transformation and your mind set rocks!

MrsSims
07-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Congrats on all the hard work. Inspiration for anyone indeed. Rx is a good place, full of great people and inspiration/motivation. I do no post alot, read more then anything here, but this transformation and your mind set rocks!

Thank you King! I have noticed that Rx is a Great place to be inspired by other competitors and enthusiasts in the fitness industry. I hope that you read and post on my page, as i'm not going anywhere and plan to make this journey a memorable one on here. I will continue to strive and be the best that I can, not only in the competition industry, but also in every aspect of my life. Sending lots of positive energy your way. Thanks for Posting! ;)

KiNG BLiTe
07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Thank you King! I have noticed that Rx is a Great place to be inspired by other competitors and enthusiasts in the fitness industry. I hope that you read and post on my page, as i'm not going anywhere and plan to make this journey a memorable one on here. I will continue to strive and be the best that I can, not only in the competition industry, but also in every aspect of my life. Sending lots of positive energy your way. Thanks for Posting! ;)

I will definitely check out your page... Positivity and good vibes are always good to have in ones life, that goes along way in getting things done and accomplishing one's goals... I just realized that recently myself. I look forward to your contribution to my readin material!!! :)

MrsSims
07-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey Everyone! Wanted to post my Chest Workout that I just got done with.. I have noticed that my strength is going up tremendously every week.. But before I post I wanted to express how thankful I am to have come this far in my life and how I am able to know help and inspire others who were once in my position. Recently on Bodybuilding.com I recieved an email from their headquarters, stating that I was chosen for "Female Transformation of the Week".. I worked very hard on a detailed article along with before and after pictures and am pleased to announce that my article will be up for everyone to see around the week of August 21st. I will post the direct link on here once they send it to me. It was an amazing opportunity to discuss how far i've come and how hard I have worked both physically and emotionally, to transform my life. I'm definitely looking forward to helping bodybuilding.com and other websites such as Rx Girl, to write articles and teach others how to create and achieve goals, and most importantly to always dream BIG! :)

Chest Workout

Started with Smith Machine incline bb presses, 5 sets, 95-135lbs, 10-15 reps
Flat DB Bench, 3 sets, 25-40lbs
Cybex Close Grip Chest Busters, 3 sets, 135lbs
Hammer Stength Incline Machine Press, 3 sets, 120-155lbs, 12-15 reps
Flat DB Flys, 3 sets, 20-25lbs
Last: 1 Set of pushups to failure for extra blood flow in the chest..

And last but not least: 20 mins. of Cardio, which I do 3-4 times per week, to try and stay as lean as possible with all the food i'm eating.. :)

I<3heavyliftin
07-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Hey Everyone! Wanted to post my Chest Workout that I just got done with.. I have noticed that my strength is going up tremendously every week.. But before I post I wanted to express how thankful I am to have come this far in my life and how I am able to know help and inspire others who were once in my position. Recently on Bodybuilding.com I recieved an email from their headquarters, stating that I was chosen for "Female Transformation of the Week".. I worked very hard on a detailed article along with before and after pictures and am pleased to announce that my article will be up for everyone to see around the week of August 21st. I will post the direct link on here once they send it to me. It was an amazing opportunity to discuss how far i've come and how hard I have worked both physically and emotionally, to transform my life. I'm definitely looking forward to helping bodybuilding.com and other websites such as Rx Girl, to write articles and teach others how to create and achieve goals, and most importantly to always dream BIG! :)

Chest Workout

Started with Smith Machine incline bb presses, 5 sets, 95-135lbs, 10-15 reps
Flat DB Bench, 3 sets, 25-40lbs
Cybex Close Grip Chest Busters, 3 sets, 135lbs
Hammer Stength Incline Machine Press, 3 sets, 120-155lbs, 12-15 reps
Flat DB Flys, 3 sets, 20-25lbs
Last: 1 Set of pushups to failure for extra blood flow in the chest..

And last but not least: 20 mins. of Cardio, which I do 3-4 times per week, to try and stay as lean as possible with all the food i'm eating.. :)
Congrats! I can't wait to read it!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Whooooooooooooo hooooooooooo congrats! I can't wait to read it!

MrsSims
07-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Whooooooooooooo hooooooooooo congrats! I can't wait to read it!

Thanks Christy! Definitely worked my butt off for this one.. So i'm looking forward to the final look and how the fitness community will respond to it.

MrsSims
07-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Hello to all! Happy Monday, I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.. Wasn't long enough, thats for sure.. So I just got into work for the next 3 hours.. And i'd have to say that today's "Back Day" was pretty intense for my off-season.. While i'm trying to stay as focused as possible and on a great diet that Coach Nate Wolfe is helping with, the determination is there, but after my training sessions (especially on back and Leg Days), I feel super fatigued and normally take mini naps before coming in to work, as a refresher..
So heres what I did today, Let me know what you guys think.. ;)

Pull Over Machine- 3 Sets, 65-85lbs, 12-15 reps
Machine Pull Downs (with weird handles, lol.. Not sure what the name of it is)
- 4 sets, 45lb plate each side & 20lb plate each side, 12 reps
Bent over BB Row- 60lb e-z bar underhand grip, 4 sets, 12-15 reps
Seated Rows- 4 sets, 85-120lbs, 10-12 reps
Hammer Strength one-arm row- 4 sets, 45lb plate & 10lb each side, 12 reps
Finished w/ Racked Deads- warmed up with 135lbs. for 12-15 reps, 2 sets- 185lbs. 10 reps..

It was my first time doing Racked Deads, and was a Success.. Great squeeze and movement! :)

Suzanne
07-11-2011, 06:07 PM
But the being fluffy part is the only thing I don't like.. I guess i'm traumatized from being so fat,

I can totally relate her! after losing all my weight the only reason i switched from bbing to figure back in 04 was fear of being "big" in the off season thinking i would have to be fat or what i thought was fat

And gong back to bbing in 07 then form LW to MW was the best and most enjoyable thing I have ever done

Keep up the hard work

MrsSims
07-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I can totally relate her! after losing all my weight the only reason i switched from bbing to figure back in 04 was fear of being "big" in the off season thinking i would have to be fat or what i thought was fat

And gong back to bbing in 07 then form LW to MW was the best and most enjoyable thing I have ever done

Keep up the hard work

Suzanne!! You are such a HUGE inspiration to me.. Thats why I added you to my facebook.. The truth is that going from Bikini to Physique is a huge jump, and this fluffy look has gotten to me a little bit only because our transformations were more emotional than physical, especially when you go from one extreme to the other. I was complaining to my fiance' earlier, questioning my diet only because i'm so used to being lean all year round, which is how I was for Bikini.. But then I think of how loopy I was on 30gms of carbs a day, and I wouldn't trade this off-season for the world.. I'm training to win, and every single workout counts this off-season. We can definitely relate to eachother on that. Thank you so much for your advice and support, it means alot to me.. While I don't get it from many others.. So when is your next show?

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeh I think a lot of us that come from being over weight to muscle chicks, have this 'fear' I know I do, even when I say 'I need a break and am perfectly ok with gaining some fat' . . . there still is that 'fear' ingrained that we might easily slip back into our old ways. But I think thats why RxGirl is great, we keep each other in check. I know I need it to keep pushing on to the finish line!

MrsSims
07-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Yeh I think a lot of us that come from being over weight to muscle chicks, have this 'fear' I know I do, even when I say 'I need a break and am perfectly ok with gaining some fat' . . . there still is that 'fear' ingrained that we might easily slip back into our old ways. But I think thats why RxGirl is great, we keep each other in check. I know I need it to keep pushing on to the finish line!

I think it is something psychological that sometimes cannot be erased. Because in my years growing up, because of all the personal issues I struggled with, I recieved counseling for about 8 years since the age of 11. The junk food, was my comfort when I was stressed as a kid and grew into my adulthood years.. Even now as a competitor, when i'm off-season, and gain 5 pounds, the little light bulb in my head goes off telling me its time to up cardio and cut back on food.. LOL.. Of course, I only listen to my coach and don't do it.. But honestly, if I didn't have such a good support system like my fiance' that I can complain and nag to about it.. I'm not sure how sane i'd be. RxGirl is a great place to lay out our frustrations, everyday thoughts, and most importantly connect with other women in the same situations and industry we are in.. I'm very thankful for sites like this one for this purpose, because I know the minute I second guess myself or have any negative thoughts, I can express myself on here, and you guys have my back regardless how crazy it may seem!

MrsSims
07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Glad to have an off day from the gym. It gives me time to reflect on my week so far and the training sessions that have been accomplished. On my heaviest days, Back and Leg days, I set new goals each week and attempt to accomplish them one by one. I am thinking of creating more videos and posting them on here, because sometimes its better for me to see how I can improve on my form, and continue hitting PRs.. Tomorrow is Arms and will keep everyone posted on my progress. Maybe even do a little video while looking all fluffy! I hope you all are following my journal, since I haven't recieved much love lately.. LOL.

I<3heavyliftin
07-13-2011, 04:24 PM
:hmn: here's some love hun!
Can't wait to see the videos!

AJSIMS
07-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Can't believe the strength gains shes obtaining now .. And I am so happy we decided to take the rest of this year off to build and refine a quality physique so next year she can make a big impact on the national stage .. Very proud of you babe and it will only continue with your hard work and determination .

MrsSims
07-13-2011, 06:47 PM
:hmn: here's some love hun!
Can't wait to see the videos!

Thanks HeavyLiftin', you always know how to cheer me up on here.. Your Journal cracks me up sometimes.. with everyone's posts.. hahaha The Vids will be posted by tomorrow, still tryin to figure out how to post the damn thing on this thread.. :p

Can't believe the strength gains shes obtaining now .. And I am so happy we decided to take the rest of this year off to build and refine a quality physique so next year she can make a big impact on the national stage .. Very proud of you babe and it will only continue with your hard work and determination .

With your help and my determination babe, we can make anything AMAZING happen.. and we have our entire lives to create and accomplish all of our goals together. How great is that? I'm so blessed to have found the perfect man, who is not perfect, but who is "perfect for me".. Lets keep killing it in the gym together, mark our progress every week, and continue to always strive for more! Go Team Sims!:love:

katt981
07-13-2011, 07:33 PM
wow - I can't wait to read that article!!

I<3heavyliftin
07-13-2011, 08:31 PM
With your help and my determination babe, we can make anything AMAZING happen.. and we have our entire lives to create and accomplish all of our goals together. How great is that? I'm so blessed to have found the perfect man, who is not perfect, but who is "perfect for me".. Lets keep killing it in the gym together, mark our progress every week, and continue to always strive for more! Go Team Sims!
Awwww, you guys remind me of my boyfriend and I! Do you guys train together? I am lucky enough to train with my amazing boyfriend everyday! I couldn't imagine getting through my last prep without him. It was nice to have him prepping for the same show as me. The day of the show was by far the best! Do you guys prep together too?

sassy69
07-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say first - congrats on your transformation, and more congrats on your future path! Back when I started competing there was no figure or bikini - just BB. Its so much more different these days, and I'm going to say that I'm very frustrated w/ the sport's current perception of women's BB. But I guess that's just propaganda. What hasn't changed is that women want to continue to grow in themselves and not be told they "shouldn't" be a certain way. The worst thing this sport can do is chop off the growth path for women who discovered the iron and want to grow. Its a 1-2 yr journey to get on a bikini stage, but by then you're addicted and want to see what else you can do. WTF are you supposed to do when you've been at it more than 4 yrs....?

4evrstroud
07-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Wanted to chime in and said great transformation! good luck in WPD.. you will have fun building up to the new you once again :)

Sunnyday
07-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Stopping by to say awesome transformation and keep up the great work! Super-inspiring!

MrsSims
07-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Awwww, you guys remind me of my boyfriend and I! Do you guys train together? I am lucky enough to train with my amazing boyfriend everyday! I couldn't imagine getting through my last prep without him. It was nice to have him prepping for the same show as me. The day of the show was by far the best! Do you guys prep together too?

Yes ma'am!! We are training partners for life! And it is definitely a blessing to have someone who is in the same industry as you, and believes in hardwork and dedication.. We've accomplished so much together, and can you believe that today is our 11 month anniversary? LOL.. I made his last prep as easy as possible, from the moment it started, until he got on stage.. My nerves were completely shot, I felt like I was with him up there.. I was even doing 4-5am cardio with him the entire prep! ;)

Just wanted to pop in and say first - congrats on your transformation, and more congrats on your future path! Back when I started competing there was no figure or bikini - just BB. Its so much more different these days, and I'm going to say that I'm very frustrated w/ the sport's current perception of women's BB. But I guess that's just propaganda. What hasn't changed is that women want to continue to grow in themselves and not be told they "shouldn't" be a certain way. The worst thing this sport can do is chop off the growth path for women who discovered the iron and want to grow. Its a 1-2 yr journey to get on a bikini stage, but by then you're addicted and want to see what else you can do. WTF are you supposed to do when you've been at it more than 4 yrs....?

Thank you for the comment Sassy.. I appreciate everything you post because not only are you extremely knowledgeable (and I truly respect that), but you also "tell it like it is" and i'm one of those people as well.. No bullshit over here.. I understand where you are coming from completely, with bikini not taking long to prep for, although my transformation is what took the longest for me to accomplish, however, I did diet my ass off, but had no freakin' idea what it was like to train as hard as I am this off-season.. I have so much respect for women's bodybuilding, and i'm definitely not opposed to it.. I have had several talks with my coach and fiance' about possibly transitioning into bodybuilding, once and if I turn Pro in Physique. I want to continue setting goals and hitting Prs, and consider bodybuilding and physique both works of art.. After becoming addicted last year to this sport, i've never set boundaries for myself as far as growing and becoming a better athlete..

wow - I can't wait to read that article!!

Thank you for following Katt!! The article will be up next month, and I couldn't be more excited to share my hardwork with you all! :p

Wanted to chime in and said great transformation! good luck in WPD.. you will have fun building up to the new you once again :)

Thank you 4everstroud!! Great to meet you! Yes, I feel that my journey still isn't over, not only have I set goals to reach, but i'm working towards them, and that feeling in itself.. is one that I cannot explain! Its a self esteem booster, humbled and confident feeling.. just knowing that I am helping others who were once in my position! :)

Stopping by to say awesome transformation and keep up the great work! Super-inspiring!

Thanks Sunnyday, you are truly an inspiration to me.. And I hope that someday I can get Christy's energy and your training sessions, to kick some ass in the gym! Maybe we can all train together sometime, although we live in other states.. :yep:

MrsSims
07-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Leg Day was a SUCCESS!!!
Today was a great day for legs.. I had so much energy and even got some filming done today, a brief preview of what my Leg training sessions are like every week..

Here is what was accomplished today:

Leg Ex Warm Up : 4 sets 20-25 reps
Smith Machine Squats : 5 sets 95lbs - 165lbs 15-25 reps
Hack Squats : 2-4 plates 3 sets 15-20 reps
Leg Press : 3-4 plates on each side 15-25 reps
Leg Extensions : 95lbs - 150lbs 5 sets 12-20 reps

&#x202a;Nicoles Leg Video.wmv&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

MrsSims
07-14-2011, 07:21 PM
My Video isn't working.. Does anyone know how to embed a video on here, I can't get my video to work :(

Ibarramedia
07-14-2011, 08:10 PM
My Video isn't working.. Does anyone know how to embed a video on here, I can't get my video to work :(

wMSDc5HzsP4

Fixed.......

MrsSims
07-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Ahhhhh ur the best Ibarramedia!! Thank you also for the comment! I still have to learn how to post the vids, i'm going to be posting them every week! Maybe you can teach me.. Thanks again! ;)

I<3heavyliftin
07-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Just watched the video!!!! AWESOME!
BTW I could not help but stare at your boobs nearly the entire time! LOL!:bouncy: I wish I was blessed with a chest like that!
Nice weights on everything! Keep up the hard work! I can't wait to see more vids! Keep postin' them!

Ibarramedia
07-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Ahhhhh ur the best Ibarramedia!! Thank you also for the comment! I still have to learn how to post the vids, i'm going to be posting them every week! Maybe you can teach me.. Thanks again! ;)

RX Muscle Forums

Click on the link to see how to post videos. :)

MrsSims
07-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Just watched the video!!!! AWESOME!
BTW I could not help but stare at your boobs nearly the entire time! LOL!:bouncy: I wish I was blessed with a chest like that!
Nice weights on everything! Keep up the hard work! I can't wait to see more vids! Keep postin' them!

LOL.. I always had HUGE boobs while I was fat, and then once I lost all the weight they went completely down.. SO I had to have a lift and implants.. Thanks for the compliment, heavyliftin! Every week i'll post a video to mark my progress on my journal! :p

MrsSims
07-15-2011, 11:23 AM
RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=53471)

Click on the link to see how to post videos. :)

Thank you so much for the info! You are the BEST! :hmn:

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Love the video!!! You looking fine little mama! You keep pushing that weight around!!!! Rawwwwwwwwwwwr!

MrsSims
07-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Love the video!!! You looking fine little mama! You keep pushing that weight around!!!! Rawwwwwwwwwwwr!

LOL.. Thanks so much Christy! "Ibarramedia" gave me the link to learn how to post the videos. Me and my little pot belly, offseason! Haha. At first I was a bit skeptical posting vids every week.. Then I thought, Ahhhh what the hell do I have to lose?? I'm Super Fluffy Off-season baby!! ;)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeh Exactly, its always scary at first. I mean, I still get scared to post some things, because I'm afraid of how it will be received, but I find that people still love it. And if they don't, well its a lesson to me to be better!

I want to start doing VIDEO journal updates....don't steal my idea! ;) lol ! ! ! ! ! ! !

stephaniewicked
07-16-2011, 01:43 PM
First of all, congrats on being selected to have your transformation and article posted... I can't wait to read it!

And watching your video and reading all the comments in here just makes me feel SO normal. THANK YOU!!!! :hmn:

It's only been 4 weeks since I was on stage last and I've been working hard, still doing double cardio on most days, still doing everything in my power to maintain leanness while lifting heavy again and trying not to get too fluffy. I get SO self conscious and it really takes a toll on how I feel about myself... so to see you ladies all posting/discussing your off-season bodies really makes me feel alot more at ease. I absolutely love my contest physique and being short, I feel like even a tiny bit of weight gain sticks to my hips and ass like glue, therefore making me appear to be disproportionate and I hate it... I need to get more comfortable with my body that way and it's so comforting to know my Rx ladies can relate! Also, it reminds me that I'm NOT the only one experiencing this... thanks for inspiring me! ;)

I can't wait to see your WP physique next year Nicole... I wish I could skip figure and go right to physique. I'm in love with the new division... plus the routines look like so much fun!

MrsSims
07-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the Congrats Steph! You have no idea how hard I worked on this article.. I feel like this may be my break for people to get to know who I am and what kind of background I come from, so that next year when I step on stage, people won't be thinking "Who is this girl again, i've never seen her in my life".. Which is what I got alot of last year.

The transition to a new category in the fitness industry is always an "iffy feeling" that you get.. While you are excited to be able to lift the way you want to in "your playground" and go heavy and nuts, you also have the flipside that you will put on fat during the off-season while growing at the same time. I honestly have never had an off-season. When I was training for Bikini, my previous trainer kept me on low carbs all year round.. which resulted in tiredness (all the time!), bitchiness (couldn't help it), and constant fatigue (although I wanted to train super heavy). It wasn't until I met my fiance' that he opened my eyes to training even harder and introduced me to a new trainer ( Nate Wolfe) that I was able to be "at ease" with myself and the way that I look until next year..

I seriously had to talk myself into doing the training videos, because i'm one of those people who believes in putting work on paper/journal, and showing/instruction with it. Being in this sport can at times play with your head like being a bit heavy off-season.. and thats why its great to have a support system, like all of us on here on Rx.. It helps to bring us back to reality when we are facing times like these, and only us women can understand eachother when it comes that.. I tell my fiance' I feel fat as hell, and he laughs, tells me i'm crazy and that I look beautiful all the time.. Only "us women" understand what its like to feel bloated and fat. LOL..
I'm glad that you enjoyed the video, Aj did most of the editing. and he says we will do a different bodypart every week..

I think you should continue to see how Bikini goes and when you feel 100% confident and ready to go into figure, you should do a hardworking off-season and come in strong! The routines do look like alot of fun in WPD, and i'm excited to be one of the girls on stage for 2012; which is when i'll feel 100% ready to kick some ass. And hopefully i'll have supporters like "you" in my corner! Im excited! :)

AJSIMS
07-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Holy Smokes !! That avi Mrs.Sims is wow !! :drool: ...

MrsSims
07-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Holy Smokes !! That avi Mrs.Sims is wow !! :drool: ...

Yes, and ALL YOURS BABY!!! :biglove: Lets play Dressup when I get off work!! Woo hoo!! ;)

AJSIMS
07-16-2011, 04:56 PM
:yep:
Yes, and ALL YOURS BABY!!! :biglove: Lets play Dressup when I get off work!! Woo hoo!! ;)

Sounds good to me !! :yep:

AJSIMS
07-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Sounds good to me !! I'll grab the firefighter outfit:yep:

MrsSims
07-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Sounds good to me !! I'll grab the firefighter outfit
LOl.. I like the "Nothing On" outfit much better.. Just put on the blindfold and i'll go to work. :"Trading Places By: Usher" playing in the backround: Love you! :p:p:p

AJSIMS
07-16-2011, 05:24 PM
LOl.. I like the "Nothing On" outfit much better.. Just put on the blindfold and i'll go to work. :"Trading Places By: Usher" playing in the backround: Love you! :p:p:p

What a great smile !! :eat: Alright hurry home ... Now get this thread back to discussing squats and amino acids , tilapia etc... Lol

Sandpig
07-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Ok, you two. Stop it!

Nice vid, Nicole. Keep up the good work.

MrsSims
07-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Ok, you two. Stop it!

Nice vid, Nicole. Keep up the good work.

YES! Back to talking training, diet, bitchiness, and Tilapia! Thanks for the comment Sandpiggy!! Yummy Pizza! We had some Chicago Deep Dish Pizza after Ajs last show, Europa and it was freakin' amazing! I don't know why, but talking about food makes me sooooooo Happy.. :)

Sandpig
07-16-2011, 07:55 PM
talking about food makes everyone around here happy.

And eating it is even better.

http://www.lechefsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Rudie.gif

thesamewords
07-16-2011, 08:14 PM
^aint that the truth

Sunnyday
07-16-2011, 09:46 PM
LOL @ the pizza eating kid! This is exactly what I'm like when I step into my favorite pizzeria. :drool:

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Lololol ! ! ! ! Get a room you two!!! So cute though~!!!!!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-18-2011, 01:07 PM
First of all, congrats on being selected to have your transformation and article posted... I can't wait to read it!

And watching your video and reading all the comments in here just makes me feel SO normal. THANK YOU!!!! :hmn:

It's only been 4 weeks since I was on stage last and I've been working hard, still doing double cardio on most days, still doing everything in my power to maintain leanness while lifting heavy again and trying not to get too fluffy. I get SO self conscious and it really takes a toll on how I feel about myself... so to see you ladies all posting/discussing your off-season bodies really makes me feel alot more at ease. I absolutely love my contest physique and being short, I feel like even a tiny bit of weight gain sticks to my hips and ass like glue, therefore making me appear to be disproportionate and I hate it... I need to get more comfortable with my body that way and it's so comforting to know my Rx ladies can relate! Also, it reminds me that I'm NOT the only one experiencing this... thanks for inspiring me! ;)

I can't wait to see your WP physique next year Nicole... I wish I could skip figure and go right to physique. I'm in love with the new division... plus the routines look like so much fun!

Seriously that is the reason I keep updating as much as I can even on my shitty days because of all the support and understanding we have for eachother. Thats one thing I DID NOT expect to have at all......so glad I started my journal! :hmn:

Sunnyday
07-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Seriously that is the reason I keep updating as much as I can even on my shitty days because of all the support and understanding we have for eachother. Thats one thing I DID NOT expect to have at all......so glad I started my journal! :hmn:
I can totally echo this^! Even on my worst lifting days I can feel OK to post it and sure enough somebody is there to encourage me right into my next day. Can't imagine life without my RX family! :gh:

Cdimeo
07-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Sims-Your transformation is awesome!!

MrsSims
07-18-2011, 05:24 PM
LOL @ the pizza eating kid! This is exactly what I'm like when I step into my favorite pizzeria. :drool:
LOL.. Tell me about it! I prefer Chicago Deep Dish, ever since I went there to visit, that is the only kind of pizza I dream about.. :p:p:p

Lololol ! ! ! ! Get a room you two!!! So cute though~!!!!!!

Hahahaha.. These are the kinds of posts I recieve while at work and bored out of my mind.. And especially, when none of you are online to talk to! BTW Christy, I saw your post on FB yesterday about the Icecream advice Steph gave you, and am picking up some Artic Zero for my treat after sushi in the next few days.. I almost went through my entire jar of Walden Farms Chocolate Dip, LOL.. Oh well, cravings what else can I say? The joys of being a woman.. Hahaha

I can totally echo this^! Even on my worst lifting days I can feel OK to post it and sure enough somebody is there to encourage me right into my next day. Can't imagine life without my RX family! :gh:

Yes, I can honestly say that I am very thankful Aj introduced me to this site. For soooo long, I felt alone in this industry and that no one (friends and family included) could understand where I was coming from with diet, training, and getting emotional.. So being a part of the Rx Family, helps me stay positive and focused while i'm off-season. I feel extremely blessed to have you guys in my life! :hmn:

Sims-Your transformation is awesome!!

Thanks so much, CDimeo! Are you new to posting on Rx? and do you have a journal? :) Lets all keep in touch!

MrsSims
07-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Ok here is the update on my last 2 training days of Chest and Back.. I've been pretty busy with 3 dogs to take care of, which are all driving me freakin' nuts, cleaning everyday, taking care of meals, and training of course, oh and work too.. I've been a busy bee for the past few weeks.. So here we go!

Chest Day
Incline Smith Bench= up to 135lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Incline DB Press= up to 45lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Chest Buster Nautilus Machine= up to 140lbs, 3 sets, 8-12 reps
Pec Dec= up to 85lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Back Day
Front Pull Downs= up to 140lbs, 4 sets, 11-12 reps
Bent BB Rows= 5 sets, 11-12 reps
1 Arm Hammer Row= up to 150lbs., 4 sets w/ drop set, 10-12 reps
Nautilus Pull Down w/ Turning Handles= up to 130lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Seated Rows= 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Hammer Strength High Row= up to 80lbs., 3 sets, 11-12 reps
Pull Over Machine= up to 110lbs., 3 sets, 12 reps

And last but not least, i'd like to mention that yes I am and will always be a "Fat Girl" at heart, while I was addicted to sweets all the time, if any of you can come up with a recipe that is low-fat, and low-carbs, and can look like the Most delicious Donut cake below, please please let me know.. Always looking for healthy cheats (Steph, HeavyLiftin, and Christy), ahhhh i'm dieing over here and Sandpiggy and i have been going back and forth on yummy food! ;)

Sandpig
07-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Nice work. Up to 135 on the Smith inclines is pretty damn good.

I don't do cakes so you're on your own with that one.

Most of my cheats are of the fatty type.

MrsSims
07-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Nice work. Up to 135 on the Smith inclines is pretty damn good.

I don't do cakes so you're on your own with that one.

Most of my cheats are of the fatty type.

I'm getting stronger, which is a great feeling.. I no longer feel like such a pussy in the gym! I love ALL bad foods equally, whether its sweets or fatty foods like Carrabas pasta and burgers.. We went to this new LA Fitness in Gulf Coast Town Center and they have so many restaurants, movie theater, and shopping places.. I think we are gonna plan an all day off-day from the gym and hang out there. I'd like to try either Red Robin or Fosters for a HUGE Burger with some fries and then end the night with Artic Zone Icecream that Christy and Steph turned me on too, with some Walden Farms Chocolate mixed in.. But yet, still trying to figure out if there is any way to bake a big donut cake with little to no fat, low carbs, and sugar.. Hopefully my Rx Girls can help me out with that! ;)

PS. Do you have any idea how Aj trains? Hes an f*ing maniac in the gym.. So my training styles come from him, hes a monster in the gym and No doesn't exist in his vocabulary.. So while I was still in Bikini training mode, he would laugh at me.. Now I get pat on the backs for my lifting, its a GREAT feeling! Haha

Ibarramedia
07-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm getting stronger, which is a great feeling.. I no longer feel like such a pussy in the gym! I love ALL bad foods equally, whether its sweets or fatty foods like Carrabas pasta and burgers.. We went to this new LA Fitness in Gulf Coast Town Center and they have so many restaurants, movie theater, and shopping places.. I think we are gonna plan an all day off-day from the gym and hang out there. I'd like to try either Red Robin or Fosters for a HUGE Burger with some fries and then end the night with Artic Zone Icecream that Christy and Steph turned me on too, with some Walden Farms Chocolate mixed in.. But yet, still trying to figure out if there is any way to bake a big donut cake with little to no fat, low carbs, and sugar.. Hopefully my Rx Girls can help me out with that! ;)

PS. Do you have any idea how Aj trains? Hes an f*ing maniac in the gym.. So my training styles come from him, hes a monster in the gym and No doesn't exist in his vocabulary.. So while I was still in Bikini training mode, he would laugh at me.. Now I get pat on the backs for my lifting, its a GREAT feeling! Haha

Do post some updated pics and video for us. :) Keep up the good work.

MrsSims
07-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Do post some updated pics and video for us. :) Keep up the good work.

Yes sir! Right away! I plan on doing video on Wednesday, "Arms Day".. ;) I have also posted some pics both old and new on my profile for you all to see.. Let me know what you think!

stephaniewilles
07-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Nicole, I liked your video. We should train together when you come down for the O!!

I know what you mean in the offseason too, its hard especially if your a numbers girl like me. The scale is an evil evil thing, so I just have to go by the way i look and by the way my pants fit!! =)

MrsSims
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Nicole, I liked your video. We should train together when you come down for the O!!

I know what you mean in the offseason too, its hard especially if your a numbers girl like me. The scale is an evil evil thing, so I just have to go by the way i look and by the way my pants fit!! =)

I was just getting ready to write you back girlie! Of course we can train when I visit for the O.. and we can do a vid together! I haven't stepped on the scale either this off-season, but 5 mins. ago I recieved an email from my coach and he wants to monitor my weight, so I guess that means I will have to.. UGH! How depressing this is gonna be!! Yesterday, I had to go buy more slacks for work, because my size 2s and 4s are no longer fitting, my quads are growing! :)

Ibarramedia
07-18-2011, 07:50 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=620&pictureid=6215

MrsSims
07-18-2011, 07:55 PM
LOL.. Brief preview of what a "Former Stick Skinny Bikini Competitor" looks like! No more of that.. Fluffy-girl off-season mode right now! :)

Ibarramedia
07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
LOL.. Brief preview of what a "Former Stick Skinny Bikini Competitor" looks like! No more of that.. Fluffy-girl off-season mode right now! :)

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=620&pictureid=6217

And here we go with a classic strongman.

Cdimeo
07-18-2011, 11:14 PM
New for this year--but took a few weeks off from journaling :)

It's good to see a girl with a hot bod pushing some weight. I try to keep my weights up even when I go into summer-skinny-girl mode :). Winter time I eat all my carbs and pound it like a good little fbb'er. I tend to be self destructive this time of year if Im not in contest prep mode. Miss a meal here and a meal there and youre down or up 5 lbs you weren't planning on . Whatever--that which makes us work harder :)

Sandpig
07-19-2011, 06:28 AM

I will bring the video camera. :drool: Well if I had one I would.

Nicole just saw your location is Ft. Myers. My mother in law lives in N Ft Myers in the winter. I was out there a couple years ago to catch some Red Sox spring training. I love that place!

MrsSims
07-19-2011, 09:03 AM
New for this year--but took a few weeks off from journaling :)

It's good to see a girl with a hot bod pushing some weight. I try to keep my weights up even when I go into summer-skinny-girl mode :). Winter time I eat all my carbs and pound it like a good little fbb'er. I tend to be self destructive this time of year if Im not in contest prep mode. Miss a meal here and a meal there and youre down or up 5 lbs you weren't planning on . Whatever--that which makes us work harder :)

Amen Sista! Thanks for your compliments! You are HOT HOT too! Are you also doing Physique this year? I'm still getting comfortable with being off-season and having a higher Bf than i'm used to, because with Bikini there was never an off-season for me.. Just starvation mode, which is what I like to call it. I've always been a hard worker in the gym since I started training to compete last year, and its amazing how far i've come.. I only started with 2-5lb dbs when I was 220 and my cardio which consisted of walking on a treadmill or spinning, I would be dead after my sessions and in constant pain.. Glad to meet another pretty female competitor with lots of drive and dedication! Looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you better :)

I will bring the video camera. :drool: Well if I had one I would.

Nicole just saw your location is Ft. Myers. My mother in law lives in N Ft Myers in the winter. I was out there a couple years ago to catch some Red Sox spring training. I love that place!

Awesome Sandpiggy!! Did you see how I taped Cape Coral in my vid on the way to the gym? The beaches and weather here is gorgeous. Its like living in paradise everyday! Most people here are "snowbirds" and only live here in the winter, so right now it looks like a ghost town.. Hahaha Better for us, because now we can get the entire gym to ourselves. Aj loves Baseball and we were gonna go to their training season this past spring, but he was prepping for Europa.. So I couldn't torture him with hotdogs, sodas, and cracker jacks.. Maybe next spring while the weather is beautiful outside! I can get free tix here at work.. So let me know the next time your down here ;)

MrsSims
07-19-2011, 09:05 AM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=620&pictureid=6217

And here we go with a classic strongman.

LOL.. Ibarra, are you posting your fav. pics out of all of them? hahahha and Yes Mr. Andy Haman, the "nice/ comedian bodybuilder".. That guy has an Awesome sense of humor!:p

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Hahahaha.. These are the kinds of posts I recieve while at work and bored out of my mind.. And especially, when none of you are online to talk to! BTW Christy, I saw your post on FB yesterday about the Icecream advice Steph gave you, and am picking up some Artic Zero for my treat after sushi in the next few days.. I almost went through my entire jar of Walden Farms Chocolate Dip, LOL.. Oh well, cravings what else can I say? The joys of being a woman.. Hahaha

HA HA HA...I hear ya. . . I get bored too so I post on here,I have to finish up a report for the week then I'm done, so I'll have WAY more time on here then too...HA HA

Yes, I can honestly say that I am very thankful Aj introduced me to this site. For soooo long, I felt alone in this industry and that no one (friends and family included) could understand where I was coming from with diet, training, and getting emotional.. So being a part of the Rx Family, helps me stay positive and focused while i'm off-season. I feel extremely blessed to have you guys in my life! :hmn:

I totally agree, I've always felt so alone, and the people I'd surround myself with were local small time 'know it alls' that always put me down and never made me feel good enough, like my struggles were a sin!!! Not until I stepped away from the 'local peeps' and got up to know the NATION / RxMuscle Family, did it open my eyes to the bigger picture and feel more comfortable about my struggles and not beat myself up so hard if I had them.

That donut cake looks unreal. . . how big is it? Like the size of a donut or ? I'm sure there is totally a way . . . but it would still have cals/carbs, but maybe not the fat

Yes sir! Right away! I plan on doing video on Wednesday, "Arms Day".. ;) I have also posted some pics both old and new on my profile for you all to see.. Let me know what you think!

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=620&pictureid=6215

SO PRETTY! ! ! ! !

FitnBuf
07-19-2011, 03:32 PM
From one former fat girl to another.....GREAT JOB sista!!! Proud to follow :)

MrsSims
07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
HA HA HA...I hear ya. . . I get bored too so I post on here,I have to finish up a report for the week then I'm done, so I'll have WAY more time on here then too...HA HA

I totally agree, I've always felt so alone, and the people I'd surround myself with were local small time 'know it alls' that always put me down and never made me feel good enough, like my struggles were a sin!!! Not until I stepped away from the 'local peeps' and got up to know the NATION / RxMuscle Family, did it open my eyes to the bigger picture and feel more comfortable about my struggles and not beat myself up so hard if I had them.

That donut cake looks unreal. . . how big is it? Like the size of a donut or ? I'm sure there is totally a way . . . but it would still have cals/carbs, but maybe not the fat

SO PRETTY! ! ! ! ![/QUOTE]

Your comments mean alot to me Christy, so a BIG THANKS TO YOU!! My boobs look Gi-normous in this pic! I swear they aren't that big in REAL Life! Haha..I also had similar people in my life when I started losing the weight.. And my biggest critics were myself, and my family. I didn't have the support I thought I would going into my transformation. Instead, after losing the weight and deciding to compete in Bikini, my father and sister would criticize me for being "too skinny" and that I had no booty.. LOL.. I've always learned that the only person you can please is "yourself and no one else".. My close friends couldn't understand where I was coming from because most of them could care less about the way they looked and constantly partied on the weekends.. I understand where your coming from completely. And when I first posted a Blog on Bodybuilding.com, you wouldn't believe the nasty/negative comments I recieved, it was absolutely ridiculous. And that is why i'm glad to have met you guys on this website, where I feel 100% comfortable in my own skin and can express myself on a daily basis. I feel very blessed!! :p:p:p:p

Oh and that Donut is like the size of a HUGE platter!! Ahhh I so want a recipe to that Donut, healthy version of course!

From one former fat girl to another.....GREAT JOB sista!!! Proud to follow :)

Hahaha Thanks FitnBuf!! Glad you are following, and I also hope to keep you guys entertained with my craziness!!

Photos and Pics will be up tomorrow, of my crazy ass in the gym trashing Arms!! :yep:

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Bodybuilding.com is such a waste!!! No one on there is actually a legit competitor!!! I used to post on there all the time and I found that 95% of their members are about 17. . . so not even worth it. I never got a damn thing off that website forums wise. They do have cheap supplements though. . .

AND Do you have the recipe for that donut cake? I totally bet I could make it healthy if you gave me the recipe.

MrsSims
07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Bodybuilding.com is such a waste!!! No one on there is actually a legit competitor!!! I used to post on there all the time and I found that 95% of their members are about 17. . . so not even worth it. I never got a damn thing off that website forums wise. They do have cheap supplements though. . .

AND Do you have the recipe for that donut cake? I totally bet I could make it healthy if you gave me the recipe.

Yeah I learned my lesson about posting on there, real quick! Rx is my home!! :) I got that image from google, here is a sample of the recipe.. and when I went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday, I saw the giant donut cake maker.. I wanted to buy it, but Aj refused to let me :(

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/chocolate-glazed-donut-cake.html

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-19-2011, 07:20 PM
ha ha wow that is so easy to transform, its just a cake really. . . you can totally make a protein cake. But I mean, you probs wanna not. lol. I mean who the hell needs A CAKE that big. LOL

Sunnyday
07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
ha ha wow that is so easy to transform, its just a cake really. . . you can totally make a protein cake. But I mean, you probs wanna not. lol. I mean who the hell needs A CAKE that big. LOL

Christy, did you really have to ask?! Answer: peeps like YOURS TRULY! :yep: Thinking seriously about making one and bringing it to my next show. Heh. :drool:

stephaniewicked
07-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Hey girl... I'm behind on my journal catch ups, but HAD to share this with you! ;)

I love browsing this woman's blog and I think you'll appreciate this particular page...

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/06/its-national-donut-day.html

Sandpig
07-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Christy, did you really have to ask?! Answer: peeps like YOURS TRULY! :yep: Thinking seriously about making one and bringing it to my next show. Heh. :drool:

STAY AWAY FROM THE CAKE! :p

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
LOL Steph beat me too it! ! ! !

MrsSims
07-20-2011, 05:27 PM

LOL.. Ummm.. Just like Sunny, Id love to make a Huge cake like this one!! Listen, i'm a Fat Girl at heart, with a Huge appetite.. I just got into work and saw all of your comments. You will see on my video how big my appetite is in fact. My Sushi Maker got on vid. today and answered how many rolls I eat within 20-30 mins. I don't even think Coach Natester knows how many rolls I eat on cheat days.. He'd probably flip out on me! Ahhhh, I just want something sweet, and I really wanted that Artic Zone icecream you had the other day, but feeling this bloated right now, is making me tired..not craving sweets:p:p:p

Christy, did you really have to ask?! Answer: peeps like YOURS TRULY! Thinking seriously about making one and bringing it to my next show. Heh. :drool:

Yeah Sunny! I can't wait till we can all do a National Level Show, "Together".. all of us.. and then we can all bake goodies and share, like a potluck right when we get off stage! I did that last year with one of my friends that competed with me at Southern States. Oh, and the Big Donut Cake Pan got 5 stars online..;)

Hey girl... I'm behind on my journal catch ups, but HAD to share this with you!

I love browsing this woman's blog and I think you'll appreciate this particular page...

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/06/its-national-donut-day.html

I will definitely check it out when I get home Steph! Thanks for the info., your the BEST!!!:hugme:

STAY AWAY FROM THE CAKE! :p

:)Sandpiggy ur the one who likes to torture me, now the freakin' Fries?? Ur killin me over here man! I'm in no way happy or proud of how I used to eat but here is what I would get from MickeyDs and my typical breakfast from Starbucks (also included):

This just made my day, looking at more torturous food that I allowed to rule my world! Haha..

MrsSims
07-20-2011, 05:54 PM
CORRECTION! I meant to say "Artic Zero Icecream", LOL.. Still waking up from my nap after my Sushi Re-feed! :)

MrsSims
07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Today's Arm Workout followed by All You Can Eat Sushi

VCleYiJ0oY4

I supersetted all of my training for today:

Rope Pushdowns: up to 130lbs, 5 sets, 8-12 reps
Preacher Curl Machine: up to 95lbs, 5 sets, 10-12 reps

Close Grip w/ Skull Crushers: up to 60lb bar, 4 sets of each, 10-12 reps
Incline DB curls: 25lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps w/ 1 drop set 15lbs for 15

E-z bar Pressdowns: up to 130lbs, 3 sets, 10-12 reps
Straight Bar Cable Curls: up to 70lbs, 3 sets, 10-12 reps

Dip Machine: up to 140lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Hammerstrength Preacher Curl: up to 1 45lb. plate w/ wrists turned down, 4 sets, 10-12 reps

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-20-2011, 09:43 PM
You are SO awesome. . . but like. . . I'm sorry I HAD to stop watching as soon as the sushi eating began! LOL ! ! ! ! ! I want some yum! ! ! ! !

FitnBuf
07-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Great vid Mama!!! keep up the hard work!! :D

(crap, now I'm hungry) LOL

MrsSims
07-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Hahaha Thanks guys.. And Christy you are Invited anytime! Those guys at Sakura love to feed us till we pop.. Just don't tell Natester! ;)

Here is a Pic of the FatGirl Roll as described in the vid:

todoni
07-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Love your vidoes!! Yum Yum gotta wait for my cheat meal coming this saturday :)
Keep training hard!

Ibarramedia
07-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Lots of food porn. Lol.

MrsSims
07-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks Guys! Ahhhh Foodporn.com is my FAV. Website!!! :)

Sandpig
07-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Nice work!
Actually the fries are the only thing I really like a McDonald's. I'm a burger junkie and I think their's suck.

I will change my avi just for you. No food! :hmn:

FitnBuf
07-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Lots of food porn. Lol.

Food Porn....is.....soooooo.SEXAH!!!!!!!:drool:

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-21-2011, 01:10 PM
HA HA HA I am going to do a mini-prep soon and will probs be hating all ya'll ! lol ! ! ! !

MrsSims
07-21-2011, 05:20 PM
LOL.. Mini prep??? Getting ready for Olympia? You won't believe what Aj showed me earlier?! This past weekend on South Beach they had their Fashion Week, and one of the Designers does Bikinis for Brides on their Wedding Day!!! Should I take that as a "sign" or what? ;)

Food Porn is an AMAZING website.. that we use while we are prepping and daydream about food!

Thanks for the change of the Avi, Sandpiggy! Did you get that from the "18 and over threads" on here?
AJ said that you train late at night around 2am??? So when we go to visit for Olympia, will you be able to make it earlier, and maybe get in some footage with us?? :)

MrsSims
07-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Today was Leg Day and I almost puked and passed out! Haha.. Coach dropped some carbs and although it was a minor drop like 15-25gms less than what i'm used to, I really felt it. The Stackers and 3 scoops of Nano Vapor really did the trick for me today and we even got some footage done today.. I'll try to post the vid later on when I get off from work..

Leg Day Session

Warm up Leg Extensions & Lots of stretching before hitting it hard!
90x12
90x12
105x10
105x10

Leg Press
3-45 platesx12
3-45 platesx12
4-45 platesx15
5-45 platesx20

Walking Lunges
2 sets- 40lb bar
2 sets- 50lb bar

Reverse Hacksquat
2-45lb plates x 15
2-45lb plates x 15
Super-setted w/ Reg. Hacksquat
2-45lb plates x 12
2-45lb plates x12

Ok so by the time I was done with all of these diff movements I was soooo Beat!!! Almost busted my ass and my legs were super pumped, little did I know I still wasn't done.. Hubby sent me over to Leg Extension for working sets..

Leg Ext.
105x15
105x15
135x12
135x12
150x11
150x11

LOL.. Then I thought I was done, and nope, I was told to do more lunges and squats, thank GOD it was with no weights!

Lunges w/ squats
1st set- 5 walking lunges, 5 squats
2nd set- 10 lunges, paired w/ 10 squats

Finished w/ Single Leg Ext.
2 sets- 30lbs each leg, 12 reps

Took a 30min. Nap before coming into work.. and right about now, feeling extremely loopy and Ready for more sleep and rest.. Luckily tomorrow is Chest and i'll be more relaxed..:):)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Nice Work ! ! !

Ok, I'm not trying to be mean, but how did you feel the carb drop if you just had that big sushi cheat yesteray??? Just curious is all?

Sometimes the day after a cheat I feel worse trying to get back into Keto....

Just curious.

Well a mini-prep bc we want to bring me down to 130 it was decided by the end of the year. . . so time to lock it up tight. I'm calling it a mini-prep. =)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-21-2011, 06:20 PM
HA HA HA AND reading your workouts made me laugh bc I remember when I first started to train with Shelby I had no idea what was coming up and I hated it! LOL ! GREAT JOB GIRL ! ! ! ! !

MrsSims
07-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Nice Work ! ! !

Ok, I'm not trying to be mean, but how did you feel the carb drop if you just had that big sushi cheat yesteray??? Just curious is all?

Sometimes the day after a cheat I feel worse trying to get back into Keto....

Just curious.

Well a mini-prep bc we want to bring me down to 130 it was decided by the end of the year. . . so time to lock it up tight. I'm calling it a mini-prep. =)

HA HA HA AND reading your workouts made me laugh bc I remember when I first started to train with Shelby I had no idea what was coming up and I hated it! LOL ! GREAT JOB GIRL ! ! ! ! !

LOl.. Not a mean question at all.. For some weird reason, Aj and Coach Natester believe that I should have sooooo much energy the day after a cheatmeal, and believe it or not.. its actually the quite opposite for me.. Because Aj seriously kicks my ass in the gym on a daily basis, I am tired every single day.. Leg and Back days are the worst for me.. I felt the carb drop maybe because after I had the Sushi, I stopped all carbs for the remainder of yesterday, and then today they were lower than usual.. I typically get in 2 meals before training.. So that could be it??

I made a deal w/ Coach and i'm now doing some kind of caffeine load before leg and back days, for more push in the gym.. and with you guys inspiring on here, I can't wait to see what all this new muscle looks like once I diet down and get to business.

Can't wait to see what you look like once you diet down.. and if I do come up with the wedding idea, I might be in for a mini-prep also!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-21-2011, 06:33 PM
oh that would be fun we could mini prep together! !! !

Ok yeh I see. I am usually a monster the day after a cheat myself, so it sucks you can't be like that ! ! ! KEEP ROCKING GIRL YOU GOT THIS ! ! ! ! !

MrsSims
07-21-2011, 06:52 PM
AJ thinks i'm ready to start dieting down and get on stage for Nationals.. I think I should wait it out, but we shall see! Coach Natester also thought the same when he saw my last pics, but i'm not 100% mentally ready for Tilapia (God I hate eating that shit), so still thinking about it and will let you guys know.. Most likely its a Go for next year! And mini prep for you Christy, sounds Awesome, so hopefully I can join you and we can get super sexy together!! Woo Hoo! :)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Im ready lets go ! =)

MrsSims
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Brief preview of todays kick ass Leg Session.. Thought I did 5 plates for 20reps but it was actually 21 reps, had to get in an extra one for you guys! ;)

And Aj aka Lovely Fiance' was the Narrator, telling me to "get deeper", LOL.. if you just heard his voice without the vid. ud think its porn! Hahaha!

7XS1Vu5cTy8

Cdimeo
07-22-2011, 12:27 AM
I love looking at everyone's food yummmmmm!

Why is it, though, that I can get equally as fat sitting here eating pretzels & almonds as I can get popping a few donuts? WTF? Why can't my food choices lend themselves to a more equal distrubution??? Like--maybe since Im snacking "smart" it goes to a smart place like my breasts? And when I eat more provocatively the cals & fat can shift to my ass??? Theres got to be some type of invention that can be schemed up for this purpose..whoever finds it will be a true genius!

Great arm workout. Good eats!

Sandpig
07-22-2011, 06:34 AM
[COLOR=magenta]AJ said that you train late at night around 2am??? So when we go to visit for Olympia, will you be able to make it earlier, and maybe get in some footage with us?? :)

I believe I was the on that posted that pic on these forums a long time ago. But nah I just Googled Red Sox images. I don't store shit like that on my computer so I had to find it again.

Train late at night? Depends on your definition of late night. To me, it's early morning. It's 3:30 am right now. I'm will be heading to the gym at 4.
Normally when the O is here, If I go to the shows, I will train a little later. Cause I won't get to sleep till about 5 hours after my normal bed time.

Sunnyday
07-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Great lookin' food porn you got here!

Killer leg WO, too! Bet you can just feel them muscles growing! :D

MrsSims
07-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone !! Killed chest today even though I was still feeling yesterdays leg session ! Also set some new PR's so I am very happy!!

Incline Hammer Strength Machine Press : 5 sets 1 45 on each side - 2 45's on each side 8-15 reps

Incline DB Press : 25lbs-50lbs ( 50lbs NEW PR !! ) 10-15 reps

Cybex Close Grip Chest Buster Press : 1 45 on each side - 2 45's on each side 3 sets 10-15 reps

Flat DB Fly's : 25's 4 sets 10-12 reps SQUEEZING !!

Decline Hammer Machine Press : 1 45 each side 3 sets again squeezing as hard as possible at the top 10-12 reps ...

Finished with 20 mins of cardio . All in all a great training session , nasty weather here on our part of FL . Ready to head into work get the rest of my meals in and relax after . Will keep updated with everyone and very excited about Master's Nationals , my old trainer is competing in Class C over 35 .. Hope everyone is having a great day !

MrsHammer
07-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Ok here is the update on my last 2 training days of Chest and Back.. I've been pretty busy with 3 dogs to take care of, which are all driving me freakin' nuts, cleaning everyday, taking care of meals, and training of course, oh and work too.. I've been a busy bee for the past few weeks.. So here we go!

Chest Day
Incline Smith Bench= up to 135lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Incline DB Press= up to 45lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Chest Buster Nautilus Machine= up to 140lbs, 3 sets, 8-12 reps
Pec Dec= up to 85lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Back Day
Front Pull Downs= up to 140lbs, 4 sets, 11-12 reps
Bent BB Rows= 5 sets, 11-12 reps
1 Arm Hammer Row= up to 150lbs., 4 sets w/ drop set, 10-12 reps
Nautilus Pull Down w/ Turning Handles= up to 130lbs, 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Seated Rows= 4 sets, 10-12 reps
Hammer Strength High Row= up to 80lbs., 3 sets, 11-12 reps
Pull Over Machine= up to 110lbs., 3 sets, 12 reps

And last but not least, i'd like to mention that yes I am and will always be a "Fat Girl" at heart, while I was addicted to sweets all the time, if any of you can come up with a recipe that is low-fat, and low-carbs, and can look like the Most delicious Donut cake below, please please let me know.. Always looking for healthy cheats (Steph, HeavyLiftin, and Christy), ahhhh i'm dieing over here and Sandpiggy and i have been going back and forth on yummy food! ;)

Wow! Great training! Super Strong!

MrsSims
07-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks so much MrsHammer!! You are an inspiration to me, and being the fact that you are so strong, motivates me to keep pushing it hard in the gym!! ;) Trying my very best to keep going strong until showtime for the Physique Category! :)

Sandpig
07-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Torture time! :hmn:

http://foodbeast.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/triple-chili-cheese-burger.jpg

Sandpig
07-22-2011, 10:01 PM
What the hell, why not. I'm not dieting. ;) :flowers:

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2007/03/13/sh0703_fries_lg.jpg

Sunnyday
07-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Torture time! :hmn:

http://foodbeast.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/triple-chili-cheese-burger.jpg

Looks like a 5 Guys burger to me. :drool:

FitnBuf
07-22-2011, 10:14 PM
What the hell, why not. I'm not dieting. ;) :flowers:

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2007/03/13/sh0703_fries_lg.jpg

mmmmmm...........thats the sexiest thing I have seen all night.....:bouncy:

Sandpig
07-22-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't know what it is but it sure looks good.

Sunnyday
07-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Looks like nacho-fries to me. Looks completely different from my pre-contest menu, so it MUST taste good AND be bad for me!

MrsSims
07-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Good Morning to all and Happy Saturday!! So this is what I have to come in to work to?? Ahhh... the pleasure of being tortured by Mr. Sandpiggy! Thank the lord i'm off-season and have my 1day a week cheats.. Hhahaha, or right about now, i'd wanna punch a whole through my monitor.. LOL.. So let the pics begin.. I'll post what i'm craving at this moment, and you guys should do it too.. It'll definitely keep me entertained while i'm here at work and bored out of my f*ing mind. xoxoxo

MrsSims
07-23-2011, 10:21 AM
http://www.chilis.com/EN/MenuItemImages/burger_avocado.jpg <----Had this burger w/ added bacon, 2 wks. ago for my cheat! :) http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/09/05/mag07crava1__1220645914_9694.jpg
For Lunch time I used to work in North Miami Beach aka. Jewish Town, and for lunch we would have Falafel stuffed in pita like this one.. Absolutely delicious. I had to cut it down to once a month when my pre-contest diet started for Bikini..

http://www.indusbusinessjournal.com/Media/PublicationsArticle/11ColorGourmetCombo.jpg

I ultimately miss Charley's Philly Cheesesteak subs, and have been craving them for quite some time now.. Cheese and Bacon fries, also another great way to stuff your face with more junk. ;)

MY ULTIMATE FAVE Dessert is....

http://loyalcustomerclub.com/facsites/tsunamisushifl/images/userimages/dessertImage.jpg
Tempura NY Cheesecake w/ Tempura Icecream on top.. I had this dessert when we first moved to Ft. Myers and it was absolutely delicious!! :p

MrsSims
07-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Heres a Mini Collage of pics, me appreciating food.. and love taking pics while eating! Weird, I know.. But I need some good food to look at while prepping and use many of these great memories for reminder of once the show is over :).. Enjoy!

11Hungrybb
07-23-2011, 02:02 PM
I love threads like these! You've done a magnificent job and I look forward to following your journey :)

MrsSims
07-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Sorry Collage didn't show up.. Here it is:

Ps. The pics of me drinking the wine and eating at the Argentinian SteakHouse, was the first time I had eaten fries in over 2 years, so you know I was freakin' excited! ;)

AJSIMS
07-23-2011, 02:05 PM
This thread is turning into food porn !! Lol , now I want a cheat meal

MrsSims
07-23-2011, 02:07 PM
I love threads like these! You've done a magnificent job and I look forward to following your journey :)

Thanks for posting and keeping up with my thread, "11Hungrybb".. I look forward to sharing my journey and experiences with everyone, while keeping it entertaining.. So welcome, and you are in for a long ride! :p:p

MrsSims
07-23-2011, 02:10 PM

Woo Hooooo!! Babe, does that mean we're going out for Burgers tomorrow? Hurricanes sounds good right about now..

shankuan
07-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone !! Killed chest today even though I was still feeling yesterdays leg session ! Also set some new PR's so I am very happy!!

Incline Hammer Strength Machine Press : 5 sets 1 45 on each side - 2 45's on each side 8-15 reps

Incline DB Press : 25lbs-50lbs ( 50lbs NEW PR !! ) 10-15 reps

Cybex Close Grip Chest Buster Press : 1 45 on each side - 2 45's on each side 3 sets 10-15 reps

Flat DB Fly's : 25's 4 sets 10-12 reps SQUEEZING !!

Decline Hammer Machine Press : 1 45 each side 3 sets again squeezing as hard as possible at the top 10-12 reps ...

Finished with 20 mins of cardio . All in all a great training session , nasty weather here on our part of FL . Ready to head into work get the rest of my meals in and relax after . Will keep updated with everyone and very excited about Master's Nationals , my old trainer is competing in Class C over 35 .. Hope everyone is having a great day !

Nice workout lady! Definitely moving some big girl weights :) I find once you cross over to lifting hard and heavy, its like having your eyes opened to so many things. Like finding out you are waaaay stronger than you ever thought. As such you get excited to see just how MUCH more you can move, push, pull ya know?? Liked your vids and the hubby sure sounds like mine...he's a slave driver in the gym (and you love that :)) and its great you get that support from him. Makes living this lifestyle much more enjoyable doesn't it!

Looking forward to more vids! :yep:

Heres a Mini Collage of pics, me appreciating food.. and love taking pics while eating! Weird, I know.. But I need some good food to look at while prepping and use many of these great memories for reminder of once the show is over :).. Enjoy!

Gurlllll, I am the same way with food. To not obsess over the bad foods though i've taken some of that 'love for it' and poured it into making my diet (pre-contest) food at least 'look' the part of being yummmy! Its a mind trick really...as I am sure you know...lolol but it sure as hell gets you over the "oh no more bland diet food?" .

Btw i think its in here i saw 'foodporn.com' mentioned so i went to check it out! OMFG!! I am a pretty sure the sounds I made were quite orgasmic in nature...if the looks I got from my co-workers was anything to go by. lolol! But i know what i'll be looking at when i need a 'look-see' at 'too decadent to be real or healthy' foods' fix from now on!! This site is appropriately named...so thanks! :hugme:

AJSIMS
07-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Woo Hooooo!! Babe, does that mean we're going out for Burgers tomorrow? Hurricanes sounds good right about now..

Haha , sweet potato fries and a cheeseburger :drool: .... But of course since nate is watching **cough** .........egg whites and oatmeal ..

Sandpig
07-23-2011, 02:21 PM

We got some good stuff in here! :yep:

Official dudebro cheats thread - warning graphic food porn - RX Muscle Forums

AJSIMS
07-23-2011, 02:27 PM
We got some good stuff in here! :yep:

Official dudebro cheats thread - warning graphic food porn - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=50077)

Damn it sandpig lol !! Man I miss IN N OUT and golden spoon !! Also Hash house a go go one of my favorite cheat spots !

MrsSims
07-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Nice workout lady! Definitely moving some big girl weights I find once you cross over to lifting hard and heavy, its like having your eyes opened to so many things. Like finding out you are waaaay stronger than you ever thought. As such you get excited to see just how MUCH more you can move, push, pull ya know?? Liked your vids and the hubby sure sounds like mine...he's a slave driver in the gym (and you love that ) and its great you get that support from him. Makes living this lifestyle much more enjoyable doesn't it!
Looking forward to more vids! :yep:
Gurlllll, I am the same way with food. To not obsess over the bad foods though i've taken some of that 'love for it' and poured it into making my diet (pre-contest) food at least 'look' the part of being yummmy! Its a mind trick really...as I am sure you know...lolol but it sure as hell gets you over the "oh no more bland diet food?" .

Btw i think its in here i saw 'foodporn.com' mentioned so i went to check it out! OMFG!! I am a pretty sure the sounds I made were quite orgasmic in nature...if the looks I got from my co-workers was anything to go by. lolol! But i know what i'll be looking at when i need a 'look-see' at 'too decadent to be real or healthy' foods' fix from now on!! This site is appropriately named...so thanks! :hugme:

Great to see you in my journal Shankuan! I have seen you in other journals like Christys, nice to meet another fellow competitor with alot of ambition and drive to success!!:hmn:

Hahaha.. Posting the pics of food make me happy, because i'm a huge fat girl at heart.. And yes i'm still learning from you guys and on other websites on how to substitute bad for good in order to make the eating diet food worth while.. You are right about it playing tricks with your mind.. We are all victims to this, and sometimes our mind can play tricks on us, only if we let it of course.. Foodporn.com is an amazing site that my hunnie turned me on to while he was prepping for his last show, and whoever created that site is an absolute genious! We also watched the Food Network everyday, (which I wasn't used to) and that also helped with the cravings.. I know its weird! Haha.. Throwing those kinds of weights around in the gym has always been a dream of mine, and while I was prepping for Bikini, I just didn't feel as though using the 5-10lb weights was challenging enough for me.. I believe in oldschool movements and training, and since I began lifting heavy, its always been a priority of mine to keep track of everything, so thats where Rx Girl and keeping vid logs comes in.. Although I feel like a complete fatass while being off-season, I plan on keeping my journal up to date on a daily basis and including a video of a diff. body part every week to monitor progress.

It is great to meet another competitor in a healthy relationship, I look forward to learning more from you both about relationships and training/dieting.. We have an awesome partnership and relationship, I couldn't be in this industry without his love, support, and kicking my ass in the gym everyday.. thats for sure..

Are you going to be competing in the states anytime soon? :hugme:

Haha , sweet potato fries and a cheeseburger :drool: .... But of course since nate is watching **cough** .........egg whites and oatmeal ..

Yes sir, Big man.. Coach Natester is ALWAYS watching!!;)

Ibarramedia
07-23-2011, 05:09 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=99946&d=1311444260

Very nice. :ok:

MrsSims
07-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Haha.. Glad you liked my Ghetto Little Collage, "IBarra"!! ;):);)

todoni
07-23-2011, 10:05 PM
great food pics, i am so drooling right now lol
what I crave is a fat juicy cheeseburger with sweet potatoes fries and for dessert the biggest size at Coldstone: cake batter ice cream mix with these oroe cookies browniehttps://kraftvendingocs.com/html/images/news/Kraft-OREO%20Brownie.jpg

Sandpig
07-24-2011, 08:01 AM
That ^^ got me thinking about one of these.

http://www.savingwithshellie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/blizzards.jpg

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I have a LOT to catch up on in here! WOWZERS

1) THAT WORK OUT LOOKS SOOOOOO SICK!!! I LOVE IT ! !!!
2) HA HA I never used to 'grunt' or 'moan' in the gym, but now that I'm trying to lift heavier, it just comes out...and I swear, I want to like make a mix tape and sell it to a porn website! ha ha ! The gym is the only nookie I'm getting these days! hahahah
3) I f'ing LOVE falafel.....I don't know why either. . . but it is amazing!
4) What is Tempura Ice Cream? Like fried?
5) You are so pretty, even in those pics of you devouring food! I love them all!!!!!
6) I love to take pictures of food that I can't eat. I have a collection of pics of foods that like, I've been offered but had to turn down due to dieting......its cool to look back and see how much will power I have in that album!!! I feel like if I take the picture of the food too, its 'almost' like having it. . . I know WIERRRRRRRRRRRRD! HAHAHAHHAHAAH!!1

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! I don't check up on my clients, but occasionally I'll see a facebook post and be like....hmmm...I wonder how their update with me on sunday will say. .....hahahah!!!

great food pics, i am so drooling right now lol
what I crave is a fat juicy cheeseburger with sweet potatoes fries and for dessert the biggest size at Coldstone: cake batter ice cream mix with these oroe cookies browniehttps://kraftvendingocs.com/html/images/news/Kraft-OREO%20Brownie.jpg

I didn't think that brownie was that good. I had it once and was kinda let down.... :(

UGH I LOVE DQ ! ! ! ! ! We hardly have them out here!

MrsSims
07-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey Everyone... Sorry I haven't been on today, its been a bad and stressful day.. Just found out that my grandfather passed out and was rushed to the hospital and is currently in Icu.. and just when things couldn't get any worse, on my way to work, my 2008 Solstice, was over heated and had to get it fixed. Its been an extremly rough day, and I will get on tomorrow and update my journal..

Diggy
07-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Be strong.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G with Tapatalk

Ibarramedia
07-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey Everyone... Sorry I haven't been on today, its been a bad and stressful day.. Just found out that my grandfather passed out and was rushed to the hospital and is currently in Icu.. and just when things couldn't get any worse, on my way to work, my 2008 Solstice, was over heated and had to get it fixed. Its been an extremly rough day, and I will get on tomorrow and update my journal..

Sorry to hear about that. I'll be praying for him.

MrsHammer
07-25-2011, 09:20 PM

Aww. Sorry for your grandfather. Hope he's okay. Wishing good things to come your way.

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-26-2011, 12:20 AM

LOVES AND HUGS YOUR WAY MAMA!!!!!! NO rush at ALL to get in here and update, we ALL know that we do have lives outside the forums.

Just take care of YOU !!!

stephaniewicked
07-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Aww Nicole, I am so sorry about your grandfather... sending him happy, get well wishes! :( Mine spent a while in ICU over the past month so I can definitely sympathize. Thankfully I was within driving distance, so I was able to visit. I'm sure it's difficult to live so far away, knowing you can't do much except send him lots of love! :hugme:

Also, ugh... I hate car problems! Hope it isn't too serious and you can get it fixed... it's always one thing after a-freakin'-nother! *sigh*

Sandpig
07-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Hope your grandfather is doing well.

MrsSims
07-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Good Morning to ALL!!

Here at work, rough start, but back in business! No word on how my grandfather is doing at this very moment, but I wanted to thank you guys for being such a great support system and how thankful I am to know that you all have my back! :hugme::hugme:

Today, i'm back in the gym after work.. to trash arms.. Maybe get some footage in, we'll see how it goes.. I haven't been to the gym around rush hour time, so i'm sure im in for an awakening and it will be super crowded.

Thinking positive thoughts today to keep me in a great state of mind, so I don't lose it..

Ps. Thank you for the yummy dessert treats on my page guys, it brightens my day! Oh, and for the Oreo Brownie pic that ShanKuan posted, I'm REALLY into the "Oreo Cakesters", those are SUPER delish, I got sick after eating so many after the last show! :p

http://thisnanook.com/images/oreo_cakesters.jpg

This also looks very YUMMY!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KuaAihD4oVk/SLIb36joe7I/AAAAAAAADfo/N4HZeM5ncOE/s400/oreo%2Bcheesecake.jpg

MrsSims
07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I also forgot to mention that the other day Aj and I went on a date after the gym, since its in this HUGE towncenter, which has all these amazing restaurants and shops.. We ate at a place called Foster's and they serve Char-Grilled Burgers and their fries are extremely fresh.. I was very impressed, however, i'm still an even BIGGER fan of Five Guys, and will always be.. But was good to relax and not be stressed, while spending quality time with my hunnie! LOVED IT! :p:p:p

shankuan
07-26-2011, 10:55 AM
sending prayers your way for your grandpa! hope all works out for your car as well!

MrsSims
07-26-2011, 11:49 AM
sending prayers your way for your grandpa! hope all works out for your car as well!

Thank you for all of your support ShanKuan!

Latest info. on my grandfather was that they were doing some testing and checking on his Pacemaker to see whats going on.. I posted on Christys page that this situation is extremely difficult for me because my grandparents are living in New Jersey and I haven't seen them in so long.. Recently my mother told me that Aj and I should move the wedding date to next spring, because neither of them have been doing well, my grandmother was also just in the hospital a few weeks ago.. its alot of pressure because my grandmother's last wish before she passes is to see her oldest and favorite grand daughter get married.. They have lived a long time and have been married for over 50 years and I know its almost their time to go.. But I just can't see them go "Yet".. Not until I make their final wish come true! :(

KiNG BLiTe
07-26-2011, 12:32 PM

Latest info. on my grandfather was that they were doing some testing and checking on his Pacemaker to see whats going on.. I posted on Christys page that this situation is extremely difficult for me because my grandparents are living in New Jersey and I haven't seen them in so long.. Recently my mother told me that Aj and I should move the wedding date to next spring, because neither of them have been doing well, my grandmother was also just in the hospital a few weeks ago.. its alot of pressure because my grandmother's last wish before she passes is to see her oldest and favorite grand daughter get married.. They have lived a long time and have been married for over 50 years and I know its almost their time to go.. But I just can't see them go "Yet".. Not until I make their final wish come true! :(

Sorry to hear about your grandparents. My grandparents are the world to me so I understand how you feel... Stay strong for them, easier said then done I know, and have a good day! Your awesome and your journal is great!

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Omg Nicole, so so sorry.
Iam thinking of you and your family.

My internet has been down since wed last week. I only have my phone which is a pain to send msgs. I hope to have it up and running today. Ill send more later :)

MrsSims
07-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandparents. My grandparents are the world to me so I understand how you feel... Stay strong for them, easier said then done I know, and have a good day! Your awesome and your journal is great!

Thank you for constantly keeping in touch "King Blite".. Means alot to me! Yeah they do mean alot to me.. The short amount of time they lived here in FL, I took them everywhere and I loved to be able to just go over and visit, make sure they were ok every single day, and just spend time with them.. Not to mention, they were 2 little comedians.. haha.. I miss them dearly, and had such a close relationship with the both of them.. It is sad to watch them deteriorate since they are much older, but my main concern is to make their wish come true.. which i'm hopeful that it will happen.. Thanks again for your positive and kind words :hmn:

Omg Nicole, so so sorry.
Iam thinking of you and your family.

My internet has been down since wed last week. I only have my phone which is a pain to send msgs. I hope to have it up and running today. Ill send more later :)

Its all good Stephy! I just got your message and will reply once im done here at work.. I've missed you since you've been gone! :( But glad you are back, up and running.. Thank you for the post.. I'll talk to you in a little bit.. xoxo:)

MrsHammer
07-26-2011, 09:24 PM

Latest info. on my grandfather was that they were doing some testing and checking on his Pacemaker to see whats going on.. I posted on Christys page that this situation is extremely difficult for me because my grandparents are living in New Jersey and I haven't seen them in so long.. Recently my mother told me that Aj and I should move the wedding date to next spring, because neither of them have been doing well, my grandmother was also just in the hospital a few weeks ago.. its alot of pressure because my grandmother's last wish before she passes is to see her oldest and favorite grand daughter get married.. They have lived a long time and have been married for over 50 years and I know its almost their time to go.. But I just can't see them go "Yet".. Not until I make their final wish come true! :

A( Awwww. So sweet

KiNG BLiTe
07-26-2011, 11:01 PM
I don't post much like I said before, but your journal/thread is just good positive reading. It'll be exciting to see you compete in WPD. I don't see myself competing in the near future at all but I do have a goal to look the best possible when I go to the Europa Supershow in Dallas or Branch's NPC show next year just to check them out. This forum and threads like this that scream dedication are great encouragement. Never know who you might inspire so keep it up!

stephaniewilles
07-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Hope your having a good day girlie!!!

thinking of you and yours!!!

MrsSims
07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Awwww. So sweet

I don't post much like I said before, but your journal/thread is just good positive reading. It'll be exciting to see you compete in WPD. I don't see myself competing in the near future at all but I do have a goal to look the best possible when I go to the Europa Supershow in Dallas or Branch's NPC show next year just to check them out. This forum and threads like this that scream dedication are great encouragement. Never know who you might inspire so keep it up!

Keep killing it in the gym "KingBlite".. Thank you for your constant support and feedback, its people like you that help me remain motivated and driven to get that ProCard and continue reaching Prs!! Keep me posted on your progress, and if theres any advice or guidance you need, please feel free to send me a pm anytime. :)

Hope your having a good day girlie!!!

thinking of you and yours!!!

Thank you all for the support you have shown me.. You have no idea how great it feels to meet people that are so understanding and have your back.. ;)

MrsSims
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey Everyone!! Its been a very very long morning..Got 40 mins of cardio done around 6am while my hunnie was training a client.. Had more car trouble yesterday, and my car almost blew up, so it basically took all day to get it into the shop, rental and fix those issues.. Luckily yesterday was my off day from the gym, so I was able to get everything situated.. I have included my Arm day from Tuesday, and just got finished with Leggies.. I hope everyone is having a GREAT day, and damn did I just kill it in the gym!! ;):)

Arms on Tuesday

Rope Pressdowns- 70-130lbs., 5 sets, 10-15 reps, Drop set to 80lbs on last set to failure..

Close Grip Bench Press
95x15
115x12
135x10
135x10

V-Bar Pressdowns
90x12-15
120x12
140x10

Dip Machine- up to 195lbs, 3 sets, 10-12 reps
Super-setted w/
One arm overhead cable ext.- weight not noted, 10-12 reps, 3 sets, hurt like hell..

Over-head Dumb bell over head ext.
40x12
50x12
55x10

Preacher Curl Machine-up to 110lbs., 5 sets, 10-12reps

Seated Dumb bell Curls
25x12
25x12
30x10
30x10

Ez Bar Curls- Close Grip
50x12
50x12
60x10
70x8
Drop set to 40lbs. for 15 reps

Incline one-arm Isolation Curl- Did 2 sets of 40lbs ea. arm for 12 reps and wasn't feeling it, so I moved on to next movement..

Rope Hammer Curls-up to 75lbs., 3 sets, 10-12 reps
Super-setted w/
Hammer Strength Preacher Curl
35lb. platex12
35lb. platex 12
45lb. platex 10
Drop set for 25lb. plate for 30 reps

Did seated calve raises for 5 sets, 20 reps ea.

Will submit Leggie Day in about 1 hour, currently getting ready for work.. xoxo :)

KiNG BLiTe
07-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Awesome!

Sandpig
07-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Tell AJ to fix the damn car. ;)

Those are some nice #'s on some of those exercises. Even for a guy!

MrsSims
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Awesome!

Tell AJ to fix the damn car. ;)

Those are some nice #'s on some of those exercises. Even for a guy!

Thanks Guys!! Yeah my numbers are definitely going up and I hit some Prs the other day as well as today on Leggies.. Especially the E-z bar curls with 70lbs.. Felt GREAT to push some heavy ass weights around, and by the time I was done, I was ready to go to bed.. I planned on filming it, however, it was my first time there during rush hour, and lets just say it looked like a club and it was so hard to move around.. Not to mention, ALOT of lookers and questions from the members during training.. Gosh I hate that! The car is a piece of crap. I love my Wonderwoman, but we have to get rid of her because we are having way too many issues, that shouldnt be happening since shes only a 2008 with 20,000mi. on it.. THe car overheated to 300* and luckily the warranty covered it, I was looking at about $400 to fix it, had they not covered it.. Craziness!! So now at work and going to post Leggies Day.. Coming up shortly! ;)

Ibarramedia
07-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks Guys!! Yeah my numbers are definitely going up and I hit some Prs the other day as well as today on Leggies.. Especially the E-z bar curls with 70lbs.. Felt GREAT to push some heavy ass weights around, and by the time I was done, I was ready to go to bed.. I planned on filming it, however, it was my first time there during rush hour, and lets just say it looked like a club and it was so hard to move around.. Not to mention, ALOT of lookers and questions from the members during training.. Gosh I hate that! The car is a piece of crap. I love my Wonderwoman, but we have to get rid of her because we are having way too many issues, that shouldnt be happening since shes only a 2008 with 20,000mi. on it.. THe car overheated to 300* and luckily the warranty covered it, I was looking at about $400 to fix it, had they not covered it.. Craziness!! So now at work and going to post Leggies Day.. Coming up shortly! ;)

Wait what kind of car is this? I don't have time at the moment to look back in the old posts but 2008 and 20,000 miles is not that much. Something is amiss here.

MrsSims
07-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Wait what kind of car is this? I don't have time at the moment to look back in the old posts but 2008 and 20,000 miles is not that much. Something is amiss here.

Hey "IBarra".. Its a Pontiac Solstice 2008.. I got it used with only 3,000mi. and now its having problems, but luckily its fixed.. I'm guessing it has something to do with it being an American car, that they typically have alot of issues, especially once the warranty expires. Aj has a client that works for Cadillac and he took care of everything, even had the warranty back dated so that we didnt have to pay the $400 to fix it.. and I work for Mercedes, so its easy to get a rental, since everyone here is very helpful :) Problem solved.. But was very stressful and unexpected..

MrsSims
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Leg Day-Today, we did a high intensity training session and ass to grass squats! Almost forgot to mention that I have the Versa Grip wraps and they are AMAZING, really helped with grips on Arm day!

Leg Extensions : 90-110lbs.. Warm up 4 sets, 12-15 reps

Smith Machine Squats : 135-185lbs 20-15 reps then did 2 sets of 105lbs ass to grass for 20 reps ( saw stars after )

Leg Press : 6 plates - 8 plates, 3 sets, 15-20 reps feet close then Aj had me do 4 plates for 100 rep set (after last set, my legs went numb.. of course I still wasn't done yet!) ;)

Walking bb lunges : 40lbs, 2 sets, 50 yards each

Leg Extensions supersetted with Leg Press Machine : 3 rotations ( 110lbs-140lbs on leg extensions straight to leg press machine close stance and wide stance ), 15-20 reps ea.

Weighted Step Ups : 1 set to failure with a ull stretch at the bottom and squeezing at the top nice and slow

Could barely walk outside of the gym, and my legs still feel pumped up 3 hours later... Definitely gonna be sore the next 2 days.. :):)

shankuan
07-28-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm glad you got the car sorted out. Ain't nothing more annoying than have to deal with a bum car especially if it gets in the way of everything else. Good for you on saving that $400 bucks...in these time EVERY bit of savings count.

Leg Day-Today, we did a high intensity training session and ass to grass squats! Almost forgot to mention that I have the Versa Grip wraps and they are AMAZING, really helped with grips on Arm day!

Smith Machine Squats : 135-185lbs 20-15 reps then did 2 sets of 105lbs ass to grass for 20 reps ( saw stars after )

Leg Press : 6 plates - 8 plates, 3 sets, 15-20 reps feet close then Aj had me do 4 plates for 100 rep set (after last set, my legs went numb.. of course I still wasn't done yet!) ;)

Leg Extensions supersetted with Leg Press Machine : 3 rotations ( 110lbs-140lbs on leg extensions straight to leg press machine close stance and wide stance ), 15-20 reps ea.

Weighted Step Ups : 1 set to failure with a ull stretch at the bottom and squeezing at the top nice and slow

Could barely walk outside of the gym, and my legs still feel pumped up 3 hours later... Definitely gonna be sore the next 2 days.. :):)

^^^^^Now THAT'S a workout!!!

Nice numbers lady, you are a strong one aren't ya! Sweeeet! Definitely going to be sore but sooo looking forward to it i'm sure ;) lolol!

MrsHammer
07-29-2011, 08:17 AM

Strong Girl! Great training. Love the 100 reps leg press, one of my personal favorites

MrsSims
07-29-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm glad you got the car sorted out. Ain't nothing more annoying than have to deal with a bum car especially if it gets in the way of everything else. Good for you on saving that $400 bucks...in these time EVERY bit of savings count.

^^^^^Now THAT'S a workout!!!

Nice numbers lady, you are a strong one aren't ya! Sweeeet! Definitely going to be sore but sooo looking forward to it i'm sure ;) lolol!

Strong Girl! Great training. Love the 100 reps leg press, one of my personal favorites

Thanks for your comments Ladies!! Lets just say that my lower back is stiffer than glue!! My legs are Super sore and its hard to walk.. hahaha.. I wore my knee wraps, gloves, and belt.. My lower back isn't used to squatting that much weight on the Smith so i'm suffering because of it.. I've taken Liquid Ibroprofens every 4-6 hrs, had 2 massages from my hunnie, and got stretched over and over again.. So hopefully tomorrow i'll feel better for Shoulder and Hammies after work.. Today has been extremely rough and my workout totally sucked! :( I'll definitely make up for it next week! The 100 reps on Leg Press, was Ajs pure craziness, and felt great when I was finished.. Misson accomplished.. Now if only my back would get better by tomorrow, i'll get right back to business with some serious lifting ;)

LisaRD23
07-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Wow...you literally kicked your own ass!!
Nice job on that leg workout:yep:

MrsSims
07-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Just saw this Juicy Burger on the front page of Msnbc News and had to post it on my page!!

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/g-tdy-110729-donut-burger-6a.grid-6x2.jpg

Gasp! State fair features 1,500-calorie ‘Donut Burger’

Decadent dish promises a quarter-pound burger in between slices of grilled doughnut

Heres the link to the Article!! Enjoy!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43935974/ns/today-food/t/gasp-state-fair-features--calorie-donut-burger/

MrsSims
07-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Wow...you literally kicked your own ass!!
Nice job on that leg workout:yep:

Thanks so much Lisa!! I've been killin it in the gym and enjoying all of this heavy training.. My back is suffering right now, but will be at the Chiro for my weekly visit on Monday.. I should've taken video, haha.. I trained so hard, I was seeing stars from being dizzy and wanted to puke.. Now thats a kick ass Leggie Session! :p

GENESIS
07-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Great Journal. I love how detailed, honest, and insightful it is.

My question to you is your view point on anabolics. A lot of women (and men for that matter) make the plunge at a point very early in their career, without necessarily doing all the things they can do to be their best on their own. Something that many think can take years or even decades to achieve, depending on genetics and varying factors...

Although men can get away with it to an extent, women will have a more difficult time with the outcomes they may receive. My belief is that from the outside looking in, its issues like these that are going to inhibit this sport from becoming mainstream because its seen as if all the competitors are taking the easy way out. As a competitor you know there is no easy way out, but one will allow someone to climb the ranks faster than they may have on their own, and the other will clearly be a much more difficult journey... What are your thoughts on the matter?

Sandpig
07-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Just found out today that we now have a Five Guys Burger here. Don't know exactly where. But I will soon.

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-30-2011, 01:35 AM

I just realized that there is 'fruit' in this picture. . . .LOL.

I AM SO BEHIND, BUT.............

I am back and need to hecka catch up with everyone! Im so glad you got your car all sorted out! I'm so happy for you!

Now, I'm looking at your lifting though, and seeing your numbers and thinking....I gotta go EVEN HEAVIER lol ! ! ! ! !

Sandpig
07-30-2011, 06:41 AM
Just found out today that we now have a Five Guys Burger here. Don't know exactly where. But I will soon.

And I found it. Best part? It's on my side of the valley!

:jump:

KiNG BLiTe
07-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Wowzers on that donut burger...

Sandpig
07-30-2011, 07:58 AM

You'll like this then.

http://marketpower.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/11/donutburger.jpg

MrsSims
07-30-2011, 09:40 AM

And I found it. Best part? It's on my side of the valley!

:jump:

You'll like this then.

http://marketpower.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/11/donutburger.jpg

Aj says that In N Out Burger is much better than Five Guys, so don't expect it to be #1.. LOL.. The only reason why we love going there is because there isn't an "In N Out" Burger place around here.. Where did you find this pic? I soooo want a Donut Burger!! They look absolutely amazing.. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

P.S. "Blite", Sandpiggy loves to come on my journal and torture me with yummy cheats, so Beware.. especially if ur dieting! :)

MrsSims
07-30-2011, 09:47 AM
I just realized that there is 'fruit' in this picture. . . .LOL.

I AM SO BEHIND, BUT.............

I am back and need to hecka catch up with everyone! Im so glad you got your car all sorted out! I'm so happy for you!

Now, I'm looking at your lifting though, and seeing your numbers and thinking....I gotta go EVEN HEAVIER lol ! ! ! ! !

LOL.. Do you guys have DQ Grill and Chill up where you live? They have the most amazing blizzards, but in my eyes, nothing beats Coldstone and this little hole in the wall called "LoveBoat Icecream"..
http://images.citysearch.net/assets/imgdb/guide/2010/8/12/0/QEmVtVNk496.jpeg

They have over 100 flavors, and are homemade, even sugar/fat free yogurt icecream.. Absolutely amazing.. When Aj took me there a while back, I had Raspberry Cheescake, Angel Cake, Peanut Butter Cup, and Cookies N Cream Icecream.. All in one huge bowl! Yum!!

My Lifting Numbers are going up tremendously.. Just been focusing on doing it the smart way, constantly protecting myself with the Versa Grips, Belt, Knee wraps.. and luckily Aj is always to make sure form is right, contracting muscles, and doing plenty of isolation movements.. By the time I reach my off day, i'm super dead, like today.. Still recovering from my sore back but it feels "a little" better after he stretched me out and gave me like 3 massages.. Glad to see you are back on schedule and getting your journey rolling with mini-prep! Love ya Girlie! xoxo

MrsSims
07-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Great Journal. I love how detailed, honest, and insightful it is.

My question to you is your view point on anabolics. A lot of women (and men for that matter) make the plunge at a point very early in their career, without necessarily doing all the things they can do to be their best on their own. Something that many think can take years or even decades to achieve, depending on genetics and varying factors...

Although men can get away with it to an extent, women will have a more difficult time with the outcomes they may receive. My belief is that from the outside looking in, its issues like these that are going to inhibit this sport from becoming mainstream because its seen as if all the competitors are taking the easy way out. As a competitor you know there is no easy way out, but one will allow someone to climb the ranks faster than they may have on their own, and the other will clearly be a much more difficult journey... What are your thoughts on the matter?

Thanks so much for following my journal :) .. My take on anabolics is pretty simple . As most people keep a " taboo " in our sport we all know that they are there and yes some people may rely on them without having proper knowledge of training , nutrition , supplementation and rest and recovery . I feel once you have those down and have built a foundation so to speak that if you want to venture over to them correct and smart usage is fine . I am a big believer in getting regular blood test on anabolics or not I feel the only way to know whats going on inside your body is by getting regular blood test . We are all looking for that edge in this sport / industry and some people may take it to far but to each their own I will continue to work as hard as possible with my fiance Aj by my side learning as much as I can everyday and applying that knowledge each day to better myself .

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok, 3 massages!? Hello! AWESOME! ;)

We just have yogurtland and coldstone, but I just tried yogurt land and it might be up there!!!!! I LOVE coldstone but everytime I cheat with it I feel so 'heavy' I am liking the yogurt idea more and more now bc its not so 'dense' ?

MrsSims
07-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Ok, 3 massages!? Hello! AWESOME! ;)

We just have yogurtland and coldstone, but I just tried yogurt land and it might be up there!!!!! I LOVE coldstone but everytime I cheat with it I feel so 'heavy' I am liking the yogurt idea more and more now bc its not so 'dense' ?

LOL.. Pampered with Heaven and Hell.. It felt great but at the same time hurt like hell and was practically crying.. hahaha.. Aj takes great care of me! Hmm.. I wish there was a Yogurtland here, i'd love to try it out.. AJ says that theres a Golden Spoon in Vegas that he used to visit often and thats where he would get his icecream, it was also frozen yogurt.. I have to see if we have one in the area.. And you are right with the feeling after eating Coldstone, I always used to feel 5lbs heavier after leaving that place.. Your idea of "Artic Zero & Walden Farms" worked perfect for me last week! ;):)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-30-2011, 11:53 AM
LOL.. Pampered with Heaven and Hell.. It felt great but at the same time hurt like hell and was practically crying.. hahaha.. Aj takes great care of me! Hmm.. I wish there was a Yogurtland here, i'd love to try it out.. AJ says that theres a Golden Spoon in Vegas that he used to visit often and thats where he would get his icecream, it was also frozen yogurt.. I have to see if we have one in the area.. And you are right with the feeling after eating Coldstone, I always used to feel 5lbs heavier after leaving that place.. Your idea of "Artic Zero & Walden Farms" worked perfect for me last week! ;):)

HA HA HA AWESOME! What flavor did you get? I didn't like the vanilla at ALL!

MrsSims
07-30-2011, 12:04 PM
I got the chocolate flavor.. It was kind of bland, but with the Caramel Walden Farms Smothered all over it.. It was absolutely delicious!! :) LOL.. You gotta try it, its AWESOME!

Sandpig
07-30-2011, 05:45 PM
P.S. "Blite", Sandpiggy loves to come on my journal and torture me with yummy cheats, so Beware.. especially if ur dieting! :)

It's not just you. I spread the torture around. Although I have become quite fond of messing with you. ;) :hmn:

MrsSims
07-30-2011, 05:51 PM
It's not just you. I spread the torture around. Although I have become quite fond of messing with you. ;) :hmn:

Hey i'm cool with it "for RIGHT NOW", but when Prep comes around.. Beware of the Monster thats going to attack you for posting the yummy cheats on my page! LOL.. and I'll be sure to stay away from the other thread of Food Porn as well.. haha.. Your a SUPER COOL guy, Sandpiggy!
Friends Forever!!! :):):)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yj9J8Jrv66A/TZk6JGYJYJI/AAAAAAAAADQ/jF8OUNPHiO0/s1600/hug.jpg

Sandpig
07-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Yep :yep:

And honestly I will not be messing with you during your prep. UNLESS you are playing along.

I've competed once in 95, so I know what it's like.

Sandpig
07-31-2011, 08:26 AM
And AJ is right. 5 Guys is over rated. It's good but I'll stick with In N Out.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/in_n_out_burger(1).jpg

Quilia
07-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Great story... Love it...

MrsSims
07-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Yep :yep:

And honestly I will not be messing with you during your prep. UNLESS you are playing along.

I've competed once in 95, so I know what it's like.

Haha.. My Gosh Sandpiggy!! Your a Veteran.. What show did you do and how was your prep? Rough I bet.. In 95' I was only 8yrs old.. LOL.. Yeah 5 Guys is overrated, but what can you do when thats all you have around and no In N Out? You just resort to the next best thing.. Hope you enjoyed the play by play from the USAs last night, why couldn't you go? Atleast we got to see all of the live coverage on here.. ;)

Great story... Love it...
Thanks for the comment and for reading my journal. Have a Great weekend and welcome to RX GIRL!! :):)

MrsSims
07-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Happy Sunday everyone!! AJ and I are about to go hit up some shoulders and hammies, then off to sushi, and some relaxation at the pool with our pups!! I'll be back on later to post my training session! Hope you all enjoyed the play by play, I honestly am still shocked at the results over WPD.. it was craziness! Talk to you guys later!!! ;):);):)

~peaches~
07-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Amazing transformation!

Sandpig
07-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Haha.. My Gosh Sandpiggy!! Your a Veteran.. What show did you do and how was your prep? Rough I bet.. In 95' I was only 8yrs old.. LOL.. Yeah 5 Guys is overrated, but what can you do when thats all you have around and no In N Out? You just resort to the next best thing.. Hope you enjoyed the play by play from the USAs last night, why couldn't you go? Atleast we got to see all of the live coverage on here.. ;)

I went to the finals last night. Didn't go to either prejudging cause of financial reasons.

I did my prep by following Negrita Jade's advice in her book Sliced.

http://images.betterworldbooks.com/080/Sliced-Reynolds-Bill-9780809241163.jpg

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-31-2011, 05:32 PM
HAPPY SUNDAY GF! ! ! ! !! Enjoy the sunnny day! I hit the beach yesterday and going to train my legs now! First day as a BraunFitness girl! ! ! LOL

KiNG BLiTe
07-31-2011, 10:29 PM
I went to the finals last night. Didn't go to either prejudging cause of financial reasons.

I got this book!!! I bought it for about $5 I need to give it another look over, especially now.

Figure.this
08-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Hey Everyone.. I'm new to the Rx Muscle Forums, as of yesterday and want to meet people with similar interests as me in the fitness industry, so its great to be a part of this site.
I don't have the typical athletic background as many others do. I was always obese as a child and growing up was extremely hard for me.. Constantly being teased, made fun of, and my diet always consisted of cuban food (white rice, beans, and tons of pork). In 2006, I weighed in at 220 pounds and my doctor told me it was either diet down and be healthy, or end up like the rest of my family and have to get gastric bypass in the future. I took the initiative and hired a personal trainer.. I did my first competition in March 2010- Sunshine Classic here in Florida and then Southern States in July. Because I fell in love with training heavy, I felt that I had too much definition (upper body) for Bikini, once I placed 12th out 18 girls at Southern States. I'm currently training for the newest category "Physique" in 2012, training and off-season diet are going well.. I'm a part of Team Wolfe. I have always kept a journal, since my journey began in 2006, and I will continue my training journal on this site.Any tips and advice are always welcome! Open ears and mind! :yep:

Your story is very similar to mine. I used to weigh 242lbs but dropped over 100lbs and ended up competing. 5 years in, I have been hooked since I first stepped on that stage! Congrats on your hard work!!! :)

Sandpig
08-01-2011, 07:08 AM
I got this book!!! I bought it for about $5 I need to give it another look over, especially now.

Lots of good common sense info in there. Even with all the info we have on the net these days, I still have it.
I was also following advice for John Parrillo. Negrita used some of his principles too.

MrsSims
08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Everyone!! Its been a Super Stressful 2 days and just trying to get through.. Unfortunately from legs last thursday, my lower back was acting up, and sleeping on it the wrong way, putting heat and ice (which I was only supposed to be using ice), basically aggravated the muscles even more and right now i'm in the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life.. Went to the Chiro earlier and he said that my Spinal Erectors are both inflammed serverely, and my pelvic bones had to be popped back into place.. So basically, i'm a HOT MESS right now.. I tried hitting shoulders yesterday and did pretty well, but this morning when I woke up, I could barely get out of bed, and crying in excruciating pain..
If it weren't for the love of my life, who knows what might've happened.. Hes helped me every step of the way, has had to cook all my meals and take care of the house, while i've been resting the past 2 days..Its been rough, so please bare with me..
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends and is doing great! Please keep me in your prayers! :)

MrsSims
08-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Amazing transformation!

Thank you so much Peaches!! I hope you are able to follow my long journey with me! Welcome to my crazy life! ;)

Understand completely.. Plus it was a super long show with over 700 competitors.. Atleast you were able to follow the play by play..

This looks like an amazing piece of info for any prep.. plus I love old-school advice.. Not to mention, Negrita is exactly what I would love to look someday.. Maybe i'll try to pick this book up or you can give me yours when your done using it.. I'm always up for hand-me-downs! :)

HAPPY SUNDAY GF! ! ! ! !! Enjoy the sunnny day! I hit the beach yesterday and going to train my legs now! First day as a BraunFitness girl! ! ! LOL

Glad you had an awesome sunday!! Saw your posts on Fb, and looks like things are going great for you, which i'm very happy for you.. You deserve only the best, and you are such a strong and amazing woman, its people like you who inspire me to become a stronger person.. Can't wait to see you evolve into an amazing competitor and with Pj, your good to go! Just when I thought I was getting better yesterday, my back started acting up this morning, and its been hell.. Just workin through it..

It has to be good if both you and Sandpiggy say so, will definitely pick it up.. Love Fitness books and expanding my knowledge!! :) I will get back to you later on, on your belt message!! Glad you are doing well Blite! :p

Your story is very similar to mine. I used to weigh 242lbs but dropped over 100lbs and ended up competing. 5 years in, I have been hooked since I first stepped on that stage! Congrats on your hard work!!! :)

Its always great to meet other competitors with similar stories as mine, as I have only met 2 women with similar backgrounds.. Its great to meet you! Thank you for taking the time to look at my journal and for your comments, I truly appreciate it! Do you have a journal on here as well?? Would love to follow and keep in touch! ;)

Sandpig
08-01-2011, 06:36 PM
If you come to the O and give me a big hug, you can have my copy. :D

And hope you get well soon.

MrsSims
08-01-2011, 06:45 PM
If you come to the O and give me a big hug, you can have my copy. :D

And hope you get well soon.

As long as you join Aj and I, and Steph and whoever else wants to shoot the training vid to post on here!! :) Thanks for the get well wishes.. I must really love you guys, i'm at work for another hour and it even hurts to sit here at my desk and type.. Geez!! Talk about pain! :(

Cdimeo
08-01-2011, 10:26 PM
:( anything lower back/sciatic/hip-related is like completely debilitating. I've had so much trouble since having babies--and it radiates along the entire back and some days--even up the spinal column. Feel better soon!! My gut is always to run to the chiro but my nervous anxiety over knowing it might get worse before better is awful!

It's great to have such an awesome wingman isn't it? That's how my husband is too...we are blessed.

Get better!!

Sandpig
08-02-2011, 07:25 AM
I hear you ladies. I can deal with pain easily. BUT low back and head pain suck the most.

katt981
08-02-2011, 11:26 AM
oh so sorry to hear about the back pain - that's got to be the worst for me! Reminds me of a time a while ago while we were on vaca and at a zoo.. my back pain was so intense that I literally had to stop walking and just sit while everyone else enjoyed the zoo. I was driving too, which I wasn't looking forward to after we were done... but as I was sitting in my car and reached around for the seat belt, I heard this tremendous "POP" almost scared the shit out of me... but amazingly .. the pain in my back was completely GONE.. weird stuff.

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-02-2011, 01:02 PM
UGH GF I wish we lived closer so I could come help take care of you!!! Seriously back pain is NO JOKE! I have to be SO SUPER CAREFUL bc I was knocked out for like 3 weeks earlier this year for having too much pride and lifting too heavy for deads. Now I have to be like , I know I can go heavier, but I also know that will kill my back.

I ended up buying the iceyhot patches and wearing them like all day. ALSO take a lot of aspirin to help the inflamation! I took 800mg 3x/day for 4 days. Don't go any longer than that. But it did help. I'd also recommend taking off from lifting for a week. Just do mild cardio. The longer you keep pushing, the more inflammed its going to get. Also drink plenty of water. :hugme:

Things are really going good! I love my diet bc it makes me STRONG. I have SO MUCH MORE POWER in the gym!!!! Its unreal. Every single lift has gone up in weight tremendously!!!! I almost just want to stick to this diet and keep lifting heavy till the end of the year, not caring if I lose weight. HAHAH! Its just perfect for me right now. I'm still hungry between meals, but not dying like I was before.

Also, hopefully this will put a smile on your face! :p

stephaniewilles
08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
UGH GF I wish we lived closer so I could come help take care of you!!! Seriously back pain is NO JOKE! I have to be SO SUPER CAREFUL bc I was knocked out for like 3 weeks earlier this year for having too much pride and lifting too heavy for deads. Now I have to be like , I know I can go heavier, but I also know that will kill my back.

I ended up buying the iceyhot patches and wearing them like all day. ALSO take a lot of aspirin to help the inflamation! I took 800mg 3x/day for 4 days. Don't go any longer than that. But it did help. I'd also recommend taking off from lifting for a week. Just do mild cardio. The longer you keep pushing, the more inflammed its going to get. Also drink plenty of water. :hugme:

Things are really going good! I love my diet bc it makes me STRONG. I have SO MUCH MORE POWER in the gym!!!! Its unreal. Every single lift has gone up in weight tremendously!!!! I almost just want to stick to this diet and keep lifting heavy till the end of the year, not caring if I lose weight. HAHAH! Its just perfect for me right now. I'm still hungry between meals, but not dying like I was before.

Also, hopefully this will put a smile on your face! :p

Oh my goodness, that is the most awesome cake ever!!!! YUUUUMMMM!!

stephaniewilles
08-02-2011, 06:18 PM
As long as you join Aj and I, and Steph and whoever else wants to shoot the training vid to post on here!! :) Thanks for the get well wishes.. I must really love you guys, i'm at work for another hour and it even hurts to sit here at my desk and type.. Geez!! Talk about pain! :(

Yes, yes shoot a training video, I'm in!!!

Sorry to hear about your back. Mine is acting funny too, muscles are just so tight right now. I need a chiro and massage. Hope your feeling better soon girlie!!

xoxoxo:hugme: