PDA

View Full Version : Cody Lewis recovery

Bbpros2b
06-25-2011, 10:34 AM
On may 22nd I had major shoulder surgery due to a motorcycle crash. I seperated my shoulder at the ac joint causing the bone to stick up in order for me fix this and have nice physique back that I had I needed surgery. I tore the legiments and had to have to tendons donates to me. I am now just being able to post on here because of the pain ivebeen in i'm on my fourth day of recovery and still in to much pain to move. Doctor says recovery is 3 months but we'll see about that. Here is a pic before the surgery where u can see thebone Sticking up http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6cd8b9e-f1b7-95ca.jpg very painful !!!

Dadup
06-25-2011, 10:53 AM
best of luck to you in your recovery Quadfather!

Bencher
06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Best of luck in recovery man. While your in the midst of recovery it seems like its going to take forever. Im At 3 months post surgery for bi lateral quad tendon rupture(completely tore quads on both legs). Looking back it wasnt that long. Looking ahead at rehab, well, thats another story :)
Getting back in the gym is frustrating cause there is so much you want to do, but physically not able. Take it at a rate you feel comfortable. Im a month ahead of schedule on what they thought it would take.

Bbpros2b
06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
6 th day into recovery still layed out in bed with shoulder on an ice cooling machine but I know I'm getting better. I picture myself back in that gym being freaky training insane I can feel the grit in my fingernails the sweat dripping in my eyes the skin tearing in my palms the burning in my muscles as I push through that last rep that will seperate me from the rest. I remember taking this picture right before I got injured http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6cd8ba2-494d-97be.jpg weighing 255 the best I had ever been. I wish I would have known what I had but I can't go back I must heal now and take my consequences. I made a promise with the man that has given me my strength when i started this journey, that I will never let him down therefor coming back better than ever is not an option it is a must! See u at the top!

Curt James
06-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Best of luck in recovery man. While your in the midst of recovery it seems like its going to take forever. Im At 3 months post surgery for bi lateral quad tendon rupture(completely tore quads on both legs). Looking back it wasnt that long. Looking ahead at rehab, well, thats another story :)
Getting back in the gym is frustrating cause there is so much you want to do, but physically not able. Take it at a rate you feel comfortable. Im a month ahead of schedule on what they thought it would take.

Congrats on being a month ahead of schedule, Bencher. :beerbang: That's awesome news, man!

Curt James
06-28-2011, 06:03 PM
6 th day into recovery still layed out in bed with shoulder on an ice cooling machine but I know I'm getting better.

Good luck with your recovery.