PDA

View Full Version : New to this board. Who's here?

BigLifter800
06-26-2011, 07:08 PM
What's goin on, I am new to this board and lookin to see who all is on here. What federation do you lift in? How many years have you been at it? What gear are you wearing? Thanks all, stay strong and God Bless!!!

Ryan Bracewell
06-26-2011, 07:20 PM
What's goin on, I am new to this board and lookin to see who all is on here. What federation do you lift in? How many years have you been at it? What gear are you wearing? Thanks all, stay strong and God Bless!!!

There seems to be more Strongmen than true powerlifters on this board, but most of us do compete in PLing. I've only done APF but am looking into some meets in other feds this year.

BigLifter800
06-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for Sharing Ryan. I see you live in kingwood, I have competed at Tiny Meeker's meets there in the past. Also there is a USAPL meet in spring in a few weeks. I will be lifting there. It runs in conjunction with the Branch Warren NPC classic, and I know there is also a strongman competition as well like last year... Will you be there?

BigLifter800
06-26-2011, 07:33 PM
There seems to be more Strongmen than true powerlifters on this board, but most of us do compete in PLing. I've only done APF but am looking into some meets in other feds this year.

Thanks for Sharing Ryan. I see you live in kingwood, I have competed at Tiny Meeker's meets there in the past. Also there is a USAPL meet in spring in a few weeks. I will be lifting there. It runs in conjunction with the Branch Warren NPC classic, and I know there is also a strongman competition as well like last year... Will you be there?

Ryan Bracewell
06-26-2011, 07:53 PM

I am undecided on whether I will be at the branch, may decide last minute to compete in the powerlifting meet. Unfortunately the strongman show this year is not sanctioned by NAS which makes it kind of pointless, so I have no desire to check it out or help.

crashcrew56
06-26-2011, 10:05 PM
I compete in APF and UPA, I have been powerlifting for a little over 2 years now, but weightlifting for about 11 years. For gear I have a Rage X bench shirt, Overkill briefs, and Metal Ace squat suit.

BigLifter800
06-26-2011, 10:28 PM
I compete in APF and UPA, I have been powerlifting for a little over 2 years now, but weightlifting for about 11 years. For gear I have a Rage X bench shirt, Overkill briefs, and Metal Ace squat suit.

I hear that ragex is the shit!! I know all the big benchers use it. Im a single ply lifter. How much carryover do you get?

True Iron Chick
06-27-2011, 12:26 AM
welcome to RX!!!

Bryan Hildebrand
06-27-2011, 12:48 AM
welcome. we are building our information and coverage of strongman and powerlifting. glad to see you here.

matei
06-27-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm an IPF lifter.. looking forward to competing next year at the Europeans or the Worlds.

zmcdole
06-30-2011, 11:55 AM
I have only competed in the AAU currently, but eventually I'm gonna branch out and compete in some other feds. I'm also gonna do a strongman event sooner rather than later.

fitgirltitone
06-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey Hey hey!! Great to meet you! Im not powerlifter or strong...woman for that matter, however, I AM participating in the Bros vs Pro next weekend...gonna get my strength on...LOL Well is great having you here...you can find lots n lots of helpful info and great support!!

crashcrew56
06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
I hear that ragex is the shit!! I know all the big benchers use it. Im a single ply lifter. How much carryover do you get?

I wear the double ply Rage X, and get about 200lbs out of it right now. I have a friend that wears a single ply Rage X, and loves it. I'm not sure how much carryover he gets out of his though.

BigLifter800
06-30-2011, 11:48 PM
I wear the double ply Rage X, and get about 200lbs out of it right now. I have a friend that wears a single ply Rage X, and loves it. I'm not sure how much carryover he gets out of his though.

200 lbs sounds about right in the middle of the spectrum from the ragex (so i hear). What is the learning curve? Do you feel like you will get more out of it in the future? I lift single ply and I am around 110-130 out of it, think there is still more to learn and eventually getting more weight to get out of it!

crashcrew56
07-01-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm currently back in the shirt after a long lay off, and I definitely will be getting more out of it. Definitely a tough shirt to learn with, especially mine, my shirt is grid stitched with a reinforced collar. I would say this shirt is definitely more technical, form what David Hoff was saying everyone at Westside has thrown out their Rage X shirts, but they also don't wear their shirts very often, and it's a shirt you really have to spend a lot of time in. It does not have a forgiving groove at all, which I guess is a big downside to it.

BigLifter800
07-01-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm currently back in the shirt after a long lay off, and I definitely will be getting more out of it. Definitely a tough shirt to learn with, especially mine, my shirt is grid stitched with a reinforced collar. I would say this shirt is definitely more technical, form what David Hoff was saying everyone at Westside has thrown out their Rage X shirts, but they also don't wear their shirts very often, and it's a shirt you really have to spend a lot of time in. It does not have a forgiving groove at all, which I guess is a big downside to it.

But sticking with it has its rewards yes? Though it is unforgiving and very tough to learn, would you say it is superior to most other multiply shirts? I know frankl has hit all of his benches in a ragex. 800+ @ 220 which ungodly. From what you said that makes sense, I see all of them lifting in SDP's or denims. The SDP is more forgiving and easier to touch than the ragex? Would you say you get as much carryover from an sdp?

crashcrew56
07-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Sticking with it definetly has its rewards, I haven't worn any other multi-ply shirts, but I know a lot of guys that have worn the Overkill shirts, which in reality is almost the same exact shirt, and both are awesome shirts once you learn it. The SDP is definetly much easier to touch than the rage, I remember Hoff saying he had to have something like 840 on the bar to touch in his Rage X, and has no problem touching with lighter weights in his SDP. I've touched with as little as 405, again it's all in the technique. I've never used the SDP, but I have heard great things about it, I would imagine the carryover from the two is about the same, though if you are looking to wear a SDP, the shirt has to be much tighter.

BigLifter800
07-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Great insight cash, gained some knowledge. I know someday I will be competing multi ply. stay strong
-Ryan

The Prodigy
07-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I just bought my first bench shirt! I can't wait to put it on again! Only a few more months!

BigLifter800
07-03-2011, 08:36 PM
What shirt did you get? Is it single or double ply?? Good news, keep us updated on how it works out for you. When was the last time you lifted in a bench shirt?

GRAYHORSE
07-10-2011, 11:36 PM
I just switched from a Rage X custom single to the SDP. We'll see how it goes next weekend. It feels better and seems easier to get down so far for sure even though it's a lot more shirt.

Not sure which Inzer Coker is using now days but i've seen him push over 800lbs at 198.