PDA

View Full Version : Drag Curls

The Celt
03-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Who does them? How do you like 'em? I just started doing them again for the first time in years and love them, I can really feel the bi's working and get a great pump with them. Thoughts ?

Strikerrjones
03-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Is this the exercise where you pull the bar up along your body and your elbows move back? If so, I did it for awhile and kind of liked it. I don't remember why I stopped doing it actually, I might add it back in.

kraken
03-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Who does them? How do you like 'em? I just started doing them again for the first time in years and love them, I can really feel the bi's working and get a great pump with them. Thoughts ?
Love 'em. Under-rated movement.

The Celt
03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Is this the exercise where you pull the bar up along your body and your elbows move back? If so, I did it for awhile and kind of liked it. I don't remember why I stopped doing it actually, I might add it back in.

Exactly, can't remember why i stopped either but they're here to stay now!

Hardly Krishna
04-01-2009, 12:17 AM
I think they're effective, but they hurt my shoulders for some reason, so I don't do them.

Dan_Manslaughter
04-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I do them and believe they are great movement. A Vince Gironda staple

bigtimektz
04-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I have never tried them. Might throw them into the mix next time I change my exercises.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I just did them for the first time today. Used an EZ curl bar and had to use only 10s on each side :( I did about 20 sets. I will let you know in a couple days what was worked!!

Frosty
04-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm a little sore in my biceps, so it hit the right area, but I'm a bit disappointed in the level of soreness. To do the motion right I had to use really light weight. Wonder if I'm just really weak in that lift or if I was doing something wrong?

As of now I prefer a low incline DB curl.

chasebny
04-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I really like the movement. I dont really do drag curls anymore, but kind of half and half of a drag curl and a regular standing curl. Although its "bad form" to let the elbows float back, I get a superior feeling from it.

orhochris
04-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Great exercise... I prefer incline db curls also though

HeavyDutyGuy
04-04-2009, 12:35 AM

Well, I'm not into cross dressing, so I've never really gotten into drag curls..... (sorry, I tried to resist, but finally had to..)