PDA

View Full Version : The Road to the San Francisco 10.1.11

mkris7
06-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Hello everyone. I picked out a show for October. It is the San Francisco Bodybuilding Championships (NPC) held this year in Hayward California.

Current body weight is 208. My birthday is Wednesday (6/29) and I will be 46.
Got to do this now or never. :)

masterschamp
06-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Good Luck with your prep.........give it everything you have.

Keith

Hammerfit
06-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Hello everyone. I picked out a show for October. It is the San Francisco Bodybuilding Championships (NPC) held this year in Hayward California.

Current body weight is 208. My birthday is Wednesday (6/29) and I will be 46.
Got to do this now or never. :)

I had a friend do that show a couple years ago. He said there was some great Masters competition. Good Luck with your prep. I'll be following.:yep:

Baldiewonkanobi
06-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Way cool. I won the Mr. San Francisco Over 50 several decades ago. Since I was born in San Francisco I always cherished that title.

Baldie

mkris7
06-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks Guys! :)

6.27-Cardio 60 min. Still nursing my lower back injury.
6.28-Shoulders and Arms

Side laterals machine 8 sets 20-10r
Rear Delts Dumbells-5 Sets
Rear Delts Calbles-5 sets
Upright Rows Cables-5 sets 15-12r

Super-sets:

Straight bar curls SS w/cable press downs-5s 15-20R
Concentration Curls SS w/Rope Pull Downs 5s 15R
Hammer Curls SS/w Close Grip Bench 5s-15-10R
Preacher Curl Machine-4sets 12-15 reps (Squeeze and hold on top of the movement)

Cardio 45m

mkris7
06-29-2011, 06:34 AM

Its my birthday today. I can't believe I am 46. Time to sit back and reflect on where I been and think about what the next chapter of my life looks like. Today I won't feel guilty having that one piece of cake and short stack of pancakes or maybe a nice juicy hamburger for lunch later today. And then early this evening, it's legs.:)

Won't go crazy, just a nice sized cheat meal and then back on track. I guess there's no better day to take time out and smell the flowers per say. :)

Will post workout later this evening.

Mac
06-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Happy Birthday. I wish I was 46 again. Enjoy your cake and cheat meal.

Hammerfit
06-29-2011, 09:09 AM

Its my birthday today. I can't believe I am 46. Time to sit back and reflect on where I been and think about what the next chapter of my life looks like. Today I won't feel guilty having that one piece of cake and short stack of pancakes or maybe a nice juicy hamburger for lunch later today. And then early this evening, it's legs.:)

Won't go crazy, just a nice sized cheat meal and then back on track. I guess there's no better day to take time out and smell the flowers per say. :)

Will post workout later this evening.

Happy Birthday Bro! Enjoy your day..let your hair down and let it rip. tomorrow you can get back to sanity, mine is coming up 2 weeks before a show, I may celebrate w a pixi stick:yep:

V-Man
06-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Happy Birthday, many more years of health and lifting to you.

V-Man
06-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Congratulations on the new journal. I wish you all the best and you have my support. I'm in your corner. Knock em dead or at least out.

masterschamp
06-30-2011, 07:55 AM
Congrats on the birthday......enjoy your day.

Keith

mkris7
07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Masterschamp, Michael, V-ManM MacTech, Bill,

Thanks guys for the best wishes and further encouragement.

Still nursing the lower back issue so on 6.29. I did some circuit training and 1 hr cardio. Had a Hamburger, fries for lunch and then four mini burgers and fries for dinner and two pieces of cake. Didn't feel to bad because I did cardio but really didn't enjoy it like I thought I would?

Still nursing back pain.

Leg presses 5 sets 20-50 reps
leg extensions 8 sets x15-20r
Seated leg curls 8 setsx15-20r
one leg extensions 4 sets x -15r
Lying leg curls 3x20
One leg kick backs with low cable attachments for hams and glutes.

30 minutes cardio.

Legs feel real soar today.
Methods:
Peak contraction
full range of motion
sets completed to failure
High intensity

Hammerfit
07-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Masterschamp, Michael, V-ManM MacTech, Bill,

Thanks guys for the best wishes and further encouragement.

Still nursing the lower back issue so on 6.29. I did some circuit training and 1 hr cardio. Had a Hamburger, fries for lunch and then four mini burgers and fries for dinner and two pieces of cake. Didn't feel to bad because I did cardio but really didn't enjoy it like I thought I would?

Still nursing back pain.

Leg presses 5 sets 20-50 reps
leg extensions 8 sets x15-20r
Seated leg curls 8 setsx15-20r
one leg extensions 4 sets x -15r
Lying leg curls 3x20
One leg kick backs with low cable attachments for hams and glutes.

30 minutes cardio.

Legs feel real soar today.
Methods:
Peak contraction
full range of motion
High intensity

Peak contraction
full range of motion
High intensity

= Receipe for success

What no birthday cake? Mine is coming up 2 weeks before a showw but you better believe Im goin to have some cake (and then go cardio it off!)

mkris7
07-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Michael,

Yes I had two pieces of birthday cake and oooh it was good. :yep:

Chest:

-Smith machine Incline Press: 5 sets pyramid up to 265x8r (last set drop set 265x8 225x8r, rest pause 225x6r).

-low incline dumbell press 4s x 12-15 reps
-Cable flyes 6 sets 12-15r
-Incline Machine 4 sets 12-15r

Back:

-Close grip pull downs 5 sets10-15r
-Front wide grip pull downs 5sets 12-15r
-Seated row machine 5sets 12-15r
-Specialized Pull downs gripping the top bar (Not handles) 5sets 12-15r

SOME THOUGHTS:

Lower back (right side only) still tender but working through it. Dumbell presses was a little tough because of the tenderness when taking the dumbells off the rack and then replacing them at the end of the set. Only could go up to 75lbs because of it but made the reps count (Isolate and squeeze it for all that's it worth!):dunno:

BODY WEIGHT 207 with jeans and shoes on. One of the great things I forgot about contest training is that even after a eat up day your metabolism is going so fast whatever you eat burns right through you! Of course this is temporary state but man, you got to love it!:yep:

One of the other things that great about this sport is that when you are working around an injury, you can actually shock the body with a different exercise or training style and presto you stumble upon some great workouts as a result (all though nobody wants to be injured, just looking at the bright side of it):yep:

KevinCouch
07-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Michael,

Yes I had two pieces of birthday cake and oooh it was good. :yep:

Chest:

-Smith machine Incline Press: 5 sets pyramid up to 265x8r (last set drop set 265x8 225x8r, rest pause 225x6r).

-low incline dumbell press 4s x 12-15 reps
-Cable flyes 6 sets 12-15r
-Incline Machine 4 sets 12-15r

Back:

-Close grip pull downs 5 sets10-15r
-Front wide grip pull downs 5sets 12-15r
-Seated row machine 5sets 12-15r
-Specialized Pull downs gripping the top bar (Not handles) 5sets 12-15r

SOME THOUGHTS:

Lower back (right side only) still tender but working through it. Dumbell presses was a little tough because of the tenderness when taking the dumbells off the rack and then replacing them at the end of the set. Only could go up to 75lbs because of it but made the reps count (Isolate and squeeze it for all that's it worth!):dunno:

BODY WEIGHT 207 with jeans and shoes on. One of the great things I forgot about contest training is that even after a eat up day your metabolism is going so fast whatever you eat burns right through you! Of course this is temporary state but man, you got to love it!:yep:

One of the other things that great about this sport is that when you are working around an injury, you can actually shock the body with a different exercise or training style and presto you stumble upon some great workouts as a result (all though nobody wants to be injured, just looking at the bright side of it):yep:

Happy B-Day Michael!! I'm a year behind you. I'll be 45 at Nationals this year. You're exactly right about working around injuries. I've stumbled upon a few great exercises this past year when I was nursing my lower back and my knees and I've continued to do them now. Unfortunatey at our mature ages it's part of life when killing it in the gym like we do. I had a big cheeseburger and french fries last night and woke up this morning a couple pounds lighter than I was yesterday.....good feeling when you don't feel guilty about cheat meals isn't it?

freebirdmac
07-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Belated Happy Birthday! And so great to hear you're doing a show :)

mkris7
07-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks Kevin and Freebirdmac for the b-day wishes! :)

Shoulders:

Front presses-5s-12-15 reps
Machine Laterals 6s-15-25r (last two sets were drop sets)
Rear Delts (Dumbells) 5 sets x12-15r
Reverse seated laterals (Machine) 3 sets to failure 15-20r

Arms: BICEPS/TRICEPS
Press downs-5 sets 12-20r/5 sets straight bar curls (SUPER SETS).
Seated Close Grip Press 5 sets 12-15r/4 sets preacher curls (SUPER SETS).
Seated Push downs 3 sets 12-15 reps/concentration curls 3 sets 10-12r (SS)
Tricep Machine 3sets 15-20r (2-3 second hold on each rep)
Preacher Machine 3 sets 12-15r (2-3 second hold on each rep).

Methods
Super sets
Drop Sets
Peak Contraction
30 min cardio

ayezer
07-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Happy birthday and good luck at show

mkris7
07-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the support Adam! :)
I loved your website, it looked real nice!:)

Tim Wescott
07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Happy belated birthday Michael!!

I just turned 56 on June 7th,but I tell people that I`m 29 again!! ;D

Great workouts,and speaking of lower back problems,mine is fried on the right side too.

It`s not as bad as it was in the past but I have to be careful.

You talked about your cheat meal not tasting as good as you thought it would............sadly enough,they never do! :(

Train hard bro!

mkris7
07-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks Tim for the b-day wishes

7.4.11-BWT 205

CHEST/Traps:

Incline Smith Machine: 5sx10@225-3sx15@185 (deep stretch and squeeze).
Incline Machine 5sx10-15r/shrugs 12-15r (Super Sets).
Cable Cross Overs 4x12-15r (high to low)/Cable Upright Rows 12-20R(SS)
Cable Cross overs (Low to high) 3x12-15r (to failure).
Decline Dumbell Press 3sx12-15r

40 minutes Cardio

mkris7
07-06-2011, 03:53 AM
First day back at work after a long vacation. Been soar the last few days. Did back tonight and it sucked:dunno:

I was weak as hell which tells me I was skimpin on my carbs, need a high carb day tomorrow. Speaking of carbs, I don't do the keto but on my low days carbs are anywhere from 100 to 200 (and trust me you can inhale that without even blinking LOL!).

So the game plan tonight was to focus on feeling the muscle and not worry about the weight. Overall, I was looking at about 24 sets and 6 exercises.

On a good note, I was in the sauna and this kid asked me how much I benched. He thought about 365 ha ha! Haven't seen 300 for a few years now. But then he hit me with a nice compliment, after I told him I lift much lighter he said, oh you just want to stay cut. STAY CUT! Haven't been called cut since 95! But brothers and sisters we all know "CUT" wont' cut it (pardon the pun LOL!). Keep working hard and you know what? I know I said the work out sucked but now that I am done, I am glad I stuck it out and...it was not really that bad come to thing of it:);)

mrky03
07-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Great workouts! Wish I lived on the west coast, love it out there!

Tim Wescott
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
First day back at work after a long vacation. Been soar the last few days. Did back tonight and it sucked:dunno:

I was weak as hell which tells me I was skimpin on my carbs, need a high carb day tomorrow. Speaking of carbs, I don't do the keto but on my low days carbs are anywhere from 100 to 200 (and trust me you can inhale that without even blinking LOL!).

So the game plan tonight was to focus on feeling the muscle and not worry about the weight. Overall, I was looking at about 24 sets and 6 exercises.

On a good note, I was in the sauna and this kid asked me how much I benched. He thought about 365 ha ha! Haven't seen 300 for a few years now. But then he hit me with a nice compliment, after I told him I lift much lighter he said, oh you just want to stay cut. STAY CUT! Haven't been called cut since 95! But brothers and sisters we all know "CUT" wont' cut it (pardon the pun LOL!). Keep working hard and you know what? I know I said the work out sucked but now that I am done, I am glad I stuck it out and...it was not really that bad come to thing of it:);)
No such thing as a bad workout,as long as you gave it all you had at that time!! :no:

Stay hungry bro!!

mkris7
07-06-2011, 10:49 PM
No such thing as a bad workout,as long as you gave it all you had at that time!! :no:

Stay hungry bro!!

Thanks Tim for the encouragement!:)

mkris7
07-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Great workouts! Wish I lived on the west coast, love it out there!

Thanks, West Coast is nice but not like it used to be as far as the bodybuilding scene, at least not the San Francisco Bay Area. Don't get down to the South LA area much which is a different world than Nor Cal.

I myself prefer to train in Tropical weather. I lived in Trinidad and Tobago for a few years and it was great! You would be soaked by time you finished your work out. No joint pain, did not eat as much (no over eating) and I was able to be in shape-Cardio Free! This was mostly attributed to doing much more walking daily(you walked most places), and had a lot of access to fresh and chicken, fruits and veggies (and were I was staying was more rural so not much access to fast food).

mkris7
07-06-2011, 11:07 PM
7/6/2011

Shoulders and Arms:

Machine Front Presses 6 sets 10-12 reps (Pyramid) Super Set (SS) w/ Machine Laterals-15-25 reps x 8 sets (Last two sets were drop sets).

Low Rope Pulleys (rear delts) 8 sets 10-20R
Behind the neck smith machine shrugs 4sx12-15R (Hold Squeeze on top).

Tricep pushdowns 5sx12-20r (SS) w/ bicep straight bar curls 5 sets.
Wide Grip straight bar curls (exaggerated for peak) 5sx15reps
(SS)w/Close grip presses 5 sets 12-15r

*Preacher Curl 3 sets 12-15r (SS) Tricep Machine extensions 3sets 15-20r
*Hammer curls 3sets 10-12r (SS) Tricep Rope pushdowns 3sets x 15-20r

*All sets completed with peak contraction in a controlled fashioned and flushing the muscle with blood.

mkris7
07-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Don't forget to take the time out to laugh after a hard workout...Enjoy!

mkris7
07-07-2011, 02:26 AM
Wife caught me in the kitchen today so I thought I would share.SF 121/2 wks out. BW207

masterschamp
07-07-2011, 07:16 AM
You are gonna do great, Michael....
Stay focused

Keith

MrsHammer
07-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Wife caught me in the kitchen today so I thought I would share.SF 121/2 wks out. BW207

Looking lean @ 207! Great training on the delts and arms.

ayezer
07-07-2011, 09:08 AM
thanks Michael you look lean big upper body should do great keep it going, stay focused

Hammerfit
07-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Looking lean @ 207! Great training on the delts and arms.

Opps, I was logged in as Lisa, although I'm sure she would say the same.

KevinCouch
07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Michael. Look very lean at 207! How's your lower back holding up?

mkris7
07-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Michael. Look very lean at 207! How's your lower back holding up?

Thanks Kevin.

As far as my back, it still a little soar when I move a certain way on the left side. But I am glad it is not worst. Training is steady and I am staying focused.

Hope your training is going well my friend.

mkris7
07-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Entered in Error

mkris7
07-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Bwt 207-209. I don't post many photos because I am self-conscious but here are few more. Shooting to bring it down slowly to about 187 over the next 12 weeks. More photos will come as I drop the weight. Lot of work to do!

mkris7
07-11-2011, 09:02 PM
BWT 206 today.

Double split today

ARMS:

Super set Tricep Rope Pulley with Machine Preacher Curls 4s
Super set Tricep seated press downs with Machine Hammer Curls 4s
Super Set Tricep Pushdowns with Straight bar wide grip Curls. 4s

8 sets of abs 15-20r.

Part II:

Behind the neck Shoulder Shrugs
Machine Laterals 8 sets
Rear Delts 4 sets
Rear Delt w/Rope 4 sets
Upright Rows/Cable Machine

40 minutes Cardio

m1-1/2 cup oatmeal/1/2 banana, two table spoons blue berry I scoop Protein (26 grams).
m2-Protein Shake (40g)
m3-2 oz almonds 8 oz chicken, 1 cup cooked steam rice.
m4-8 oz chicken, small (very small backed potato), cup of brocolli
m5-Protein shake (40g)
m6-12 egg whites (hard boiled egg/no yokes).

KevinCouch
07-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Bwt 207-209. I don't post many photos because I am self-conscious but here are few more. Shooting to bring it down slowly to about 187 over the next 12 weeks. More photos will come as I drop the weight. Lot of work to do!

Michael. You look really good brother in your "wife beater"...I wear those too.lol. You chest shoulders and arms are looking very round and starting to see some vascularity there too. Keep up the great work. It's a body of work isn't it. Never satisfiied always pushin to the edge!!!
Kevim

mkris7
07-11-2011, 09:56 PM
haha! thanks Kevin, yeah the wife beater, Arnold made that shirt look famous in Pumping Iron! man did you see his chest in it! But at my house, I am the only one getting a beaten LOL! :)

Seriously, thanks for the encouragement. The funny thing is that I never have been very vascular. When I was blessed enough to win my overall as a middle weight I had shape, symmetry, and conditioning but never had those beautiful veins running down the middle of my biceps like you have (what I would give for that).

I am thinking maybe it also had to do with the way I trained back then (I did not do as much volume) as it was in the day when all the mags were pushing the Dorian style of training. Now I am still training relatively heavy but in good form, higher reps and more sets and getting a lot of the blood in the muscle. If you have any advice please share? :)

KevinCouch
07-13-2011, 05:36 PM
haha! thanks Kevin, yeah the wife beater, Arnold made that shirt look famous in Pumping Iron! man did you see his chest in it! But at my house, I am the only one getting a beaten LOL! :)

Seriously, thanks for the encouragement. The funny thing is that I never have been very vascular. When I was blessed enough to win my overall as a middle weight I had shape, symmetry, and conditioning but never had those beautiful veins running down the middle of my biceps like you have (what I would give for that).

I am thinking maybe it also had to do with the way I trained back then (I did not do as much volume) as it was in the day when all the mags were pushing the Dorian style of training. Now I am still training relatively heavy but in good form, higher reps and more sets and getting a lot of the blood in the muscle. If you have any advice please share? :)

I've never been very vascular either until I turned up the volume on my training last year. Vascularity for me is something that comes and goes day to day depending on what my carb intake is for the day. One day my legs and arms will look like a road map and the next day nothing there. At least I know when I'm flat I'm most likely dropping bodyfat then I'll have a refeed/cheat meal about every three days get the carbs and fats running thru them veins again...

masterschamp
07-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Keep working hard...everything is loooking good.

Keith

ayezer
07-14-2011, 09:08 AM
loooking big and thick just try to put on lean muscle from now on I am in similar boat.

mkris7
07-14-2011, 10:32 PM
I've never been very vascular either until I turned up the volume on my training last year. Vascularity for me is something that comes and goes day to day depending on what my carb intake is for the day. One day my legs and arms will look like a road map and the next day nothing there. At least I know when I'm flat I'm most likely dropping bodyfat then I'll have a refeed/cheat meal about every three days get the carbs and fats running thru them veins again...

Thanks for the input Kevin...My body reacts the same way...I need my carbs or I look like a pancake! LOL :) But put it into perspective, it makes sense. And most people say they look better after a show when they have had some carbs in them. I know...too many carbs and it's fat city but zero carbs is just as bad for me. It is finding what works. I am 204 today, so the body fat is coming off at a regular pace. I am not doing crazy cardio at this point and don't feel the need to go overboard (2 hrs per day for some) as long as I am tightening up and continue to drop bf. Thanks again for your input and continued support!

mkris7
07-14-2011, 10:37 PM
ADAM

Thanks for the support, yes I am staying on target and things are starting to dial in. The big changes start happening once I crack the 200lb mark. I am 204 today, 3-4 pounds down from the last photos I posted. From this point, I scale will go up 3-4 pounds and then down another 4-6 pounds leaving me at 2 pound drop per week without doing too much cardio. Right now my cardio is 30-45 minutes 5 days per week.

mkris7
07-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Keith

Thanks Keith will do!! Now I am starting to get excited because I remember how quickly the changes come once I am sub 200. I remember when I won my over all (Eons ago!) L0L :)

Placed 5th in a prior show two weeks before hand. was banging about 185 but then showed up at the next show a crisp dry 175..Looked like a different person. Hopefully after 15 years I put a few pounds of muscle and bring a quality package about 10-12 pounds heavier if not it I will just continue to plug along until I get it right (There is two consecutive shows right after the San Francisco, If need be I will just keep bringing it down). Keep me in your prayers 11 1/2 wks to go...It's crunch time! :)

mkris7
07-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Training going well. Had a re-feed today and looking forward to a strong workout tomorrow.
Weights dropping regularly and now down to 204.

I want to know if anyone has experienced a little depression when dieting at times? I noticed if I go to long on the lower end of the carb scale I start asking myself if this is worth it or why I am I doing this? But then after a good re-feed or one or two high carb meals I feel great again?

Would love to hear any thoughts on this or unique experiences that you may have had and how you cope with them?

Thanks

Mac
07-18-2011, 07:20 AM
I want to know if anyone has experienced a little depression when dieting at times? I noticed if I go to long on the lower end of the carb scale I start asking myself if this is worth it or why I am I doing this? But then after a good re-feed or one or two high carb meals I feel great again?

Would love to hear any thoughts on this or unique experiences that you may have had and how you cope with them?

I have experienced the depressed feelings when I tried to use a Keto diet and also when limiting carbs and fats.

Until your body switches fully to using ketones for energy, your mental state is whacked. I don't know if your supplementing but testosterone and other hormone levels WILL change as a result of diminished carbs.

I like carb cycling and a re-feed is always a good way to feel better, for a little while.

Hammerfit
07-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Training going well. Had a re-feed today and looking forward to a strong workout tomorrow.
Weights dropping regularly and now down to 204.

Thanks

This is typical, so dont loose any sleep over it. When you deplete, your brain starts doing all kinds of weird chit because you basically stopped feeding it. Big scientific explanation for it but I wont get into that here.

The best thing to do when you feel that way is to eat! You trained hard, dieted hard, now reward yourself, eat a small serving of your "comfort" food.

mkris7
07-23-2011, 11:03 AM
This is typical, so dont loose any sleep over it. When you deplete, your brain starts doing all kinds of weird chit because you basically stopped feeding it. Big scientific explanation for it but I wont get into that here.

The best thing to do when you feel that way is to eat! You trained hard, dieted hard, now reward yourself, eat a small serving of your "comfort" food.

Michael,
Thanks for the encouragement! Go get them today! You have worked hard and we all here behind you! :yep:

mkris7
07-24-2011, 11:33 PM
BWT 202

LEGS:

Lying leg curls 4sx15r Supersets
leg ext4sx15r

Standing Leg ext 4sx15r Superset
Leg exts 4sx15 (different machine and angle)

Leg Presses 7sx15r Supersets
Seated Leg curls 4xs

One leg extensions 4sets (continous)
31 total sets for legs

preacher curls 4sx15r
decline press 4sx15-20r

Rope Crunches 8 setsx15-20r

Hammerfit
07-25-2011, 09:03 AM
BWT 202

LEGS:

Lying leg curls 4sx15r Supersets
leg ext4sx15r

Standing Leg ext 4sx15r Superset
Leg exts 4sx15 (different machine and angle)

Leg Presses 7sx15r Supersets
Seated Leg curls 4xs

One leg extensions 4sets (continous)
31 total sets for legs

preacher curls 4sx15r
decline press 4sx15-20r

Rope Crunches 8 setsx15-20r

new avi looks sic bro, when was that taken?

mkris7
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
new avi looks sic bro, when was that taken?

Thanks Mike, that was my last show over 15 years ago as a middle weight.
I posted on your thread but just wanted to say it again, You looked great and congratulations on your win!!:yep:

mkris7
07-25-2011, 08:21 PM
BWT 200

Chest and Biceps:

Decline Press 5 sets 12-15R
Super Set w/ Decline flyes 4 sets 12-15

Incline Press 5 sets 12-15R
Cable Flyes 5 sets 15S
Incline Press Machine 5 sets 12-15R

Flushed the chest with a lot of blood. Great pump through out.

Biceps:

4 Sets straight bar curl 5sx 15-20r
Preacher Machine Curles 5sx15r
Hammer Dumbell Curls 4sx 15r

Gorged the biceps today with blood, great pump!

Cardio: 40 minutes

mkris7
07-26-2011, 12:43 PM
I have experienced the depressed feelings when I tried to use a Keto diet and also when limiting carbs and fats.

Until your body switches fully to using ketones for energy, your mental state is whacked. I don't know if your supplementing but testosterone and other hormone levels WILL change as a result of diminished carbs.

I like carb cycling and a re-feed is always a good way to feel better, for a little while.

I hear ya, I am Italian, so I think I am predisposed to needing carbs to survive LOL :yep:

But since I have been playing around with my micro nutrients I have improvements. When I have gone to low, I almost feel like I was going into diabetes shock. Just hit a wall/blood sugar just hit rocked bottom. That has not happened for a long a while and the body fat is still dropping with a conservative amount of carbs in my regiment.

mkris7
07-26-2011, 06:30 PM

Back

Seated Machine Rows Lower lats 6sx12-15r (sets 5,6 triple drop sets)
Close Grip V-bar Pull downs-5 sets 12-15r (Sets 4,5 drop sets)
Pull downs to the front wide bar-8 sets 12-15r
One arm cable rows 4sx12-15r
Rope Pull downs 4 sets 12-15r

Lying extensions 5 sets 10-15 r
Super set w/ close grip presses 5s 10-12 r
Cable push downs 5 sets 12-15r
Single Arm dumbell kickbacks 3s-12-15r

8 sets abs
35 minutes Cardio-Stepper

Most sets done in a pyramid fashion going up in weight.
Focus on feeling the muscle and filling it with blood.

mkris7
07-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Here are few photos taken last week at 203. I just keep chipping away at it little by little till I get down to where I need to be. I am glad though I am approaching 200 which is a lot closer to the 180's than when I was at 250! LOL:)

mkris7
07-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Here we go.

mkris7
07-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Forgot the back shot. All photos taken same time. 1 week ago. Down another 2-3 pounds since then.

masterschamp
07-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Getting there one step at a time.....and there is alot of time to go yet. Just keep focused and you will come in loooking great.

Keith

mkris7
07-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Getting there one step at a time.....and there is alot of time to go yet. Just keep focused and you will come in loooking great.

Keith

Thanks Keith for the encouragement. Up until now I have not done a lot of cardio but now cardio will be everyday except legs day so that will make a big difference. Also, no more diary at this point (I was getting some dairy in with my protein shake according to the ingredients. And No more cheat meals, instead of I feel flat I will be just up my carbs with more of the "CLEAN FOODS". This is where I pull out all the stops and see if this OLD MAN still can get into shape over the next 10 weeks LOL!:)

Once again, thanks for your support, it means a lot to me (we got a tight nit family here and I m very lucky to be part of it):yep:

Hammerfit
07-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks Keith for the encouragement. Up until now I have not done a lot of cardio but now cardio will be everyday except legs day so that will make a big difference. Also, no more diary at this point (I was getting some dairy in with my protein shake according to the ingredients. And No more cheat meals, instead of I feel flat I will be just up my carbs with more of the "CLEAN FOODS". This is where I pull out all the stops and see if this OLD MAN still can get into shape over the next 10 weeks LOL!:)

Once again, thanks for your support, it means a lot to me (we got a tight nit family here and I m very lucky to be part of it):yep:

On the cardio...maybe not the day after leg day either, really need to let them relax after a taxing session. Maybe a dbl session thrown in here and there to compensate. It helped me, when I felt re-energized after a day off I would do 2-30 min sessions. Right now if you read my log you would say what the hell is he talking about hes doing cardio ON leg day and after leg day. But what Im really doing is working on my glute conditioning. I walk the stairs bent over the entire time and force just my hips to do most of the work, so its more of a conditioning thing than pure cardio.

Also on the cheat meals. Look into Skip Hill's theories on re-feeds aka Skip loading, truly magical stuff.

mkris7
07-27-2011, 12:17 PM
On the cardio...maybe not the day after leg day either, really need to let them relax after a taxing session. Maybe a dbl session thrown in here and there to compensate. It helped me, when I felt re-energized after a day off I would do 2-30 min sessions. Right now if you read my log you would say what the hell is he talking about hes doing cardio ON leg day and after leg day. But what Im really doing is working on my glute conditioning. I walk the stairs bent over the entire time and force just my hips to do most of the work, so its more of a conditioning thing than pure cardio.

Also on the cheat meals. Look into Skip Hill's theories on re-feeds aka Skip loading, truly magical stuff.

Yes, I saw that in your log but now that you clarified why it makes a lot of sense! You definitely know your stuff because you came in dialed Michael-Very Impressive!

I will check the Skip Loading and read up on it.

Thank you for your support and encouragement!

mkris7
07-28-2011, 03:18 AM

Shoulders:

8 sets hammer machine laterals 15-20r (all sets to failure w/burn).
5 sets behind the back shrugs 12-15r
5 sets upright rows (Charles Glass Style) 12-15r (all delts)
3 sets High Upright rows (Old school) 15r
6 sets rear delts dumbells 12-15r
4 sets Front raises straight bar 12-15r

35m cardio

great pump and burn
squeeze and flush the muscle w/blood
Cardio-stairs-jersey soaken wet

masterschamp
07-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Workouts looking great....if you are getting that soaked shirt look you are on the right track!! Great job!!

Keith

mkris7
07-29-2011, 02:58 AM

LEGS:

4 sets One leg extensions 15r (continuous)

4 sets Leg Presses 15r
4 sets One Leg extensions 15 SUPERSET

4 sets Standing Leg Curl 15r
4 sets Leg Presses 15r SUPERSET

4 sets Lying Leg Curl 15r
4 sets Leg extensions 15r SUPERSET

8 sets abs 15r

Hams/quads super pumped
28 sets in 55m

MrsHammer
07-29-2011, 08:33 AM

LEGS:

4 sets One leg extensions 15r (continuous)

4 sets Leg Presses 15r
4 sets One Leg extensions 15 SUPERSET

4 sets Standing Leg Curl 15r
4 sets Leg Presses 15r SUPERSET

4 sets Lying Leg Curl 15r
4 sets Leg extensions 15r SUPERSET

8 sets abs 15r

Hams/quads super pumped
28 sets in 55m

That was a brutal leg session there bro, you killin it! 12 sets of leg extensions...ouch!

mkris7
07-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Workouts going good, scale moving down little by little.

Chest and BI's

Smith Incline 5 sets 12-15r
Decline Flyes 4 seets 15r
Machine Incline 4 sets 12-15r
Cable Flyes 5 sets 15r
Flat bench (One plate undeneath bench for about 2inch inlcine) 4 sets 12-15r

All sets to failure
Focus in squeeze and flushing the muscle

BICEPS
Dis was a rough one. A buddy came by and took me through the ringer

Straight bar curl 5 sets 15-20 r Superset with Reverse curls 12-15r
Preacher curls 4 sets 12-15 reps superset with reveres curls 4 sets 12r
Preacher Machine 3 straight sets 12-15 r

Hold and Squeeze on top for 2-3 seconds
Sets to failure
Super Pump-couldn't move my arms afterwards

Implement Drops if needed to keep the reps high

7/31/11

Back

Seated Low Rows 5 sets 12-15r
One arm seated rows 5 sets 12-15 reps
Last two superset together
vbar pull downs 5 sets 12-15r
Wide pull downs 7 sets 12-15r
Rope Pull downs for back 5 sets 12-15r
Dumbell stiff leg deadlifs lower back 4 sets 15r

Triceps

Dumbell lying kick outs 4 sets 12-15 r
Cable Pushdowns 5 sets 10-20 r
Machine seated Tri extensions 4 sets 12-15r

All sets completed pyramid style
focus on the squeeze and carving out new detial into the muscle

45 min cardio

mkris7
08-01-2011, 09:15 PM

Legs

6 sets Leg Ext 15r
8 sets seated leg curls 15-20r
6 sets one leg Ext 12-15r
4 sets lying leg curls
4 sets leg abductors
5 sets leg presses 20r (last set drop set, 20r, 15r, 15r) Real Burn!
3 sets Charles Glass Special side leg presses 12r

30 min cardio

leanbody
08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
hey man - missed this before - looks like you are doing well on your prep. keep it going bro. i'm local and will likely see you on stage to pick up your hardware! Next year it will be my turn! Where do you work out? I'm at Golds in Oaktown or World in the city.

mkris7
08-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Hello Family,

Just an update, I have not posted for over week. Been swamped with overtime.
Working non-stop but training and diet is consistent. No missed workouts. But it did not leave me much time to work on my this log.

Just wanted to say I am still here and that I will catch up on Friday here.:)

mkris7
08-11-2011, 03:13 AM
hey man - missed this before - looks like you are doing well on your prep. keep it going bro. i'm local and will likely see you on stage to pick up your hardware! Next year it will be my turn! Where do you work out? I'm at Golds in Oaktown or World in the city.

Thanks for chiming in and your support. I am not sure about the hardware thing but thanks for the vote of confidence. My goal is a personal best after all these years. It's like a different world out there today LOL! :)

I train at Golds in San Jose on the weekends and 24 hr fitness in Fremont most weekdays (before work).

I am familiar with Golds Oakland. That is the one by Lake Merrrit, yes?
I have trained there a few times. I live in San Jose but work for Alameda County, so I work up that way. Never trained in the city at World but heard good things about it. I am not sure if you remember but isn't that were "Flavio Bacini" used to train. I am not sure if you remember he was a very short guy from Italy back in the 90's. I still remember Lou Forigno and him posing down in Olympia photos. It was great! :)

What ever support you need for next year, I got your back. I am sure you will do great! PM me if you want and maybe we can meet up one day for a workout and grab a high protein meal. Keep training hard! :yep:

masterschamp
08-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Hello Family,

Just an update, I have not posted for over week. Been swamped with overtime.
Working non-stop but training and diet is consistent. No missed workouts. But it did not leave me much time to work on my this log.

Just wanted to say I am still here and that I will catch up on Friday here.:)

It seems the busier I am, especially before a contest, the better I organize my day to make sure I get done what needs to be done.

Keith

mkris7
08-14-2011, 02:51 AM
[I]"It seems the busier I am, especially before a contest, the better I organize my day to make sure I get done what needs to be done"
[/]

Keith,
Your so right, it's funny how that happens. Training, eating and work-did not miss a beat and it felt great because I worked 30 hrs overtime last week. Just glad that is not a regular schedule.

One thing that I had forgotten is how tunnel vision you have to be when trying to dial in. Contest prep you just have to take it another level as far as focus. I have to say no friends all the time lately. At this point, (besides work) it has to be all about training, eating and rest. I do make time for my family-they come first but I am very fortunate that my wife is supportive.

Thanks Keith for your continued support. I hope everything is going great for you also! :yep:

leanbody
08-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Good to hear you have that laser focus - not long to go! Did u ever try MT2 for tanning. i just started a few months ago and its amazing. It wouldnt be dark enough for stage, but gives you a good base. Post up some progress pics if you get the time.

mkris7
08-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Good to hear you have that laser focus - not long to go! Did u ever try MT2 for tanning. i just started a few months ago and its amazing. It wouldnt be dark enough for stage, but gives you a good base. Post up some progress pics if you get the time.

I am not posting too much these days but I am working hard in the background to try to bring it all together the best I can. It's getting rough, started doing cardio twice per day plus my 1/1/2 hr workouts and I am going to bed hungry. I don't miss this part of it all LOL! :no:

Never heard of the MT2? Will have to look into it...The last thing I remember about tanning was "Dream Tan" back in the day LOL! :)

Thanks again for your support!

leanbody
08-20-2011, 11:30 AM
no worries about posting, im glad to hear that you are so focused. With 2 cardio sessions, you should be getting ripped in good time for the show. it will be great to see an RX brother on stage there! THe MT2 is a peptide. Only side effect is midnight boners. I got away with useig very little and turned way dark with a few hours of natural sun. Last week i did 100 ius for the first time in 6 weeks - went swimming sun and Monday and came back dark enuf to have a black friend call me an "honorary" brother! LOL

Good luck bro!

mkris7
08-22-2011, 02:15 AM
BWT 195

AM 30 minutes Cardio

Legs"

Lying Leg curls: 5 sets 15-20R
Revere Leg Curle 5 sets 15-20R (last set drop sets total 30reps)
Standing leg curls 4 sets 12-15R

5 sets pull downs mixed in between sets 12-20R
4 sets low seated pull downs in between sets 12-15R

Leg estensions 5sets 12-20 Reps
Machine Chest Press 4 sets 15R between sets

Leg presses 6 sets 15-20Reps
Side Leg Presses 4 sets continuous 15R (Charles Glass Special).

50 minutes Cardio

ayezer
08-22-2011, 06:32 AM
great improvement in back keep up good work!!

masterschamp
08-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Back looks great...stay focused.... you are going to do great.

Keith

mkris7
08-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Back looks great...stay focused.... you are going to do great.

Keith

Thanks Keith,

Tings getting real hard ha ha LOL! Yesterday worked overtime and did not get home until 2am. Really felt weak because my last meal was at 730pm earlier that day. Got this morning 1/2 cardio on empty stomach and just finished my oatmeal and ready to hit the gym for 90 minutes then back to work. I will throw in another 30-45min cardio on my lunch hour...Oooh I hate cardio but I can't slack off because while my back is dialing in the front part of my body needs to catch up. It's all those years of being too heavy, just need to stay focus on tightning the front.

Any one still using Prep H or another type compound to tighten up? All I remember is that Arnold and them back in the 70's used to do that?

Anyhow, Keith I hope your workouts are doing great and thank you for the support!:yep:

ayezer
08-26-2011, 06:09 PM
back looks goodand good workouts good luck in SAn FRan.

HeavyDutyGuy
08-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Back looks great! Keep it up.

Hammerfit
08-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks Keith,

Tings getting real hard ha ha LOL! Yesterday worked overtime and did not get home until 2am. Really felt weak because my last meal was at 730pm earlier that day. Got this morning 1/2 cardio on empty stomach and just finished my oatmeal and ready to hit the gym for 90 minutes then back to work. I will throw in another 30-45min cardio on my lunch hour...Oooh I hate cardio but I can't slack off because while my back is dialing in the front part of my body needs to catch up. It's all those years of being too heavy, just need to stay focus on tightning the front.

Any one still using Prep H or another type compound to tighten up? All I remember is that Arnold and them back in the 70's used to do that?

Anyhow, Keith I hope your workouts are doing great and thank you for the support!:yep:

The ingredient that was in Prep H is no longer available in the US; I have heard you can get it in Canada still but is expensive. I had a client who had similar problem wrap his waist in saran wrap before he went to bed and wear a neoprene wrap while training which did help some. The skin has to have time to shrink, there's really not much to hurrying the process, it just takes time. The best thing you can do is always stand as tall as possible when posing. If you are 5-10 then try to be 5-11. Stretch your torso upwards as much as possible.

There are some topical cremes that are available but I heard mixed reviews on how effect they really are. Do a search for topical clenbuteral. I think the one Ive seen is called Incenerator.

mkris7
08-27-2011, 03:22 AM
The ingredient that was in Prep H is no longer available in the US; I have heard you can get it in Canada still but is expensive. I had a client who had similar problem wrap his waist in saran wrap before he went to bed and wear a neoprene wrap while training which did help some. The skin has to have time to shrink, there's really not much to hurrying the process, it just takes time. The best thing you can do is always stand as tall as possible when posing. If you are 5-10 then try to be 5-11. Stretch your torso upwards as much as possible.

There are some topical cremes that are available but I heard mixed reviews on how effect they really are. Do a search for topical clenbuteral. I think the one Ive seen is called Incenerator.

I hear you Mike, really just time-there's no easy fix. I will stand tall and proud and hope that my abs don't let me down LOL!:)

I did some reading on the products and it seems that they are more for fat loss but what I need is to get the skin tighter. Maybe a trip to Brazil next year for cosmetic sugery LOL!:) But seriously, if I do it right I think I will be alright
after staying leaner over the next year or two instead of blowing up like a big fatty. I really appreciate your advice-Thank You:yep:

back looks goodand good workouts good luck in SAn FRan.

Thanks Adam!

mkris7
08-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Back looks great! Keep it up.

Thanks for the encouragement...It has been a long time since I dieted and trained like this and oh lord it's hard LOL! :)

You and the rest of the guys and gals here keep me encouraged when I start to doubt myself.

swingslammer
08-27-2011, 06:18 AM
I am pretty sure all those creams are COMPLETELY bogus....but I did read on here in the Masters forum about a guy who got this thermaladge treatment and he was very happy with it....you can google more links but I put one in here. Good luck Kris.

http://www.thermage.com/Before-and-After-Photos/

mkris7
08-31-2011, 12:18 PM
I am pretty sure all those creams are COMPLETELY bogus....but I did read on here in the Masters forum about a guy who got this thermaladge treatment and he was very happy with it....you can google more links but I put one in here. Good luck Kris.

http://www.thermage.com/Before-and-After-Photos/

Thanks, I will check it out. I heard it hurts like heck LOL! :yep:

mkris7
08-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Update: BWT 192....Man, haven't been under 200 since the late 90's! It feels good to get that excess weight off. Gosh I learn so much about what real conditioning is from you guys and gals here-Thank You :)

Working going great, cardio bumped up to two sessions per day.
Between work, family and training haven not had time to breath let alone post but
I am still here working hard and here to support everyone else also.

Thanks for the continued support from everyone!:yep:

masterschamp
09-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Looking great.....I find that lying in the sun a much as I can the last 4 weeks really tightens up things as opposed to lying in a tanning bed. Fortunately, I live in SoFlo, and I realize that might not be a viable option for others.

Keith

Hammerfit
09-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Looking great.....I find that lying in the sun a much as I can the last 4 weeks really tightens up things as opposed to lying in a tanning bed. Fortunately, I live in SoFlo, and I realize that might not be a viable option for others.

Keith

I agree with Keith, the best grainy tight look I had this past year was when I had a good natural base tan down weeks before the show. Also taking a dip in the Gulf is good too, the salt really drys the skin out and tightens it up (and the BP oil is good for conditioning) LOL

KevinCouch
09-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I agree with Keith, the best grainy tight look I had this past year was when I had a good natural base tan down weeks before the show. Also taking a dip in the Gulf is good too, the salt really drys the skin out and tightens it up (and the BP oil is good for conditioning) LOL

You guys are spoiled to live in the southeast! All we get here in Richmond are earthquakes and hurricanes.

You guys are right natural sun is better than tanning beds but tanning beds will tighten up the skin some. So if you don't have time to layout in the sun, take 20 minutes three days a week in the beds Michael from here on in to your shows. Your color will be better once you've applied the spray too.

mkris7
09-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Body Weight 193. Started tanning, hoping that will tighten up the skin a little.
This was the first week I had a zero weight loss. Been hitting 2lbs per week like clock work. Not trying to worry about the scale and just taking it day by day and see where this thing takes me. I know I don't have a National Caliber Physique but just trying to see what type of shape I can get into for a few local shows. Don't know if it is normal but everyday I am asking myself "Can I do this?" But I kinda love the madness in a strange way. Go figure LOL :)

Here is few photos for an update. Got a long way to go still :sad:

ayezer
09-05-2011, 08:35 PM
look bg real thick keep up good work

mkris7
09-06-2011, 01:05 AM
look bg real thick keep up good work

Thanks for the support just keep chiseling away at this thing.

Today body weight 191.

Man, the scale really messing with me. Freaked out yesterday that I was up a pound at 193 and now today I am two pounds down. But I was glad when I saw those numbers dropped because it reassured me what I am doing is still working.

Today was real rough-30 min cardio when I woke then before I knew I was in the Gym for 31/2 hours!

Today was back and shoulders and me and workout partner was just killing the muscle with high reps in a "Squeeze manner" with a rope for back and shoulders (taking a page out of some old 90's Charles Glass articles) and hitting the muscle from different angles. Then finished up with 45 minutes cardio. Glad it was a holiday as I could not find the time or energy to do this on a work day.

mkris7
09-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Just posting this photo again to remind myself were I started, how far I have come. Never gonna back there again. I was thinking about what happened? How did I do this to myself. The answer was the I was self-medicating and food was the drug I chose to mask the pain. One of the life lessons I learned from this was "Never Punish Yourself, Your Health and Happiness is Priceless"

NEEDTOBUILDMUSCLE.COM
09-06-2011, 07:12 AM
^^ Situations like this is what keep us going. You have made great progress and should feel incredible about yourself. Nothing can stop you now!

leanbody
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
props man - Nice work!

mrky03
09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Yes you have come a long way! Good job! Awesome side chest shot too! You really have a lot of mass on your frame, it just takes time to get into top shape, you can do it!

HeavyDutyGuy
09-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Look thick. Throw away the scale and go by the mirror.

Hammerfit
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Body Weight 193. Started tanning, hoping that will tighten up the skin a little.
This was the first week I had a zero weight loss. Been hitting 2lbs per week like clock work. Not trying to worry about the scale and just taking it day by day and see where this thing takes me. I know I don't have a National Caliber Physique but just trying to see what type of shape I can get into for a few local shows. Don't know if it is normal but everyday I am asking myself "Can I do this?" But I kinda love the madness in a strange way. Go figure LOL :)

Here is few photos for an update. Got a long way to go still :sad:

Looking great, big and full!

mkris7
09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Looking great, big and full!]

Michael thanks, your a real inspiration! I hope I look half as good as you when I am your age.....and I love those T-shirts-Awsome!:yep:

mkris7
09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
^^ Situations like this is what keep us going. You have made great progress and should feel incredible about yourself. Nothing can stop you now!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

mkris7
09-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Look thick. Throw away the scale and go by the mirror.

HDG,

Your right, the numbers game can really mess with your mind. The mirror don't lie! Thanks for the great advice! :)

mkris7
09-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes you have come a long way! Good job! Awesome side chest shot too! You really have a lot of mass on your frame, it just takes time to get into top shape, you can do it!

I agree, whittle away at this little by little. More than likely I will not be 100%. Probably closer to about 80-85....Need to keep my weight down under 205 and tighten up that loose skin. Not short selling myself, but I will do my best for where I am at...and it will be a good starting place after all these years away from this. Thank you for the compliment and encouragement! You and everyone else here are amazing...not too many people "get" what we do or "why" we do it so it is nice to have a place to come to that you can get support!:yep:

mkris7
09-07-2011, 12:41 PM
props man - Nice work!

Thanks Michael! Hey man, your looking great too! You need to post some recent photos. I was really impressed with your size an quality of mass you put on.:yep:

mkris7
09-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Update: Between 189-190 today. Really starting see changes every 3 days. It seems the longer I am doing this the hungrier I am getting. Last night I almost cracked on the way home from work. Called meh wife and told her, I was stopping by Denny's and getting a short stack and some fries! With her encouragement, I came to my senses and settled for 1/2 cup of oatmeal to get me through. I could believe the stomach pangs. Real cramps LOL! :)

Taken today

mkris7
09-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Here is one more taken today taken today between 189-190 BWT.

mkris7
09-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Well here is another post that hopefully will give everyone a few laughs--never forget through all the madness to take time to laugh:yep:

Hammerfit
09-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Well here is another post that hopefully will give everyone a few laughs--never forget through all the madness to take time to laugh:yep:

After Life Cycle, gotta love it LMBO

Mac
09-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Here is one more taken today taken today between 189-190 BWT.

You had a lot of muscle hiding. Good job, looking great.

mkris7
09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
You had a lot of muscle hiding. Good job, looking great.

Thanks Mac! Just chislin it down one pound at a time. :yep:

mkris7
09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Shoulder and arms today. Started working on Mands and posing. Lord, I sweating like a crack addict. Posing is harder work than training! :drool:

Here is a photo from my Arms session.

mkris7
09-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Entered in Error

mkris7
09-11-2011, 08:23 PM
One more from today.

leanbody
09-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Nice work bro. Definition is really starting to pop! Legs are looking good. Keep going & hit the cardio hard.

masterschamp
09-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Looks like things are really coming together nicely..........you are gonna do great!

Keith

mkris7
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Looks like things are really coming together nicely..........you are gonna do great!

Keith

Thanks, I appreciate it. It coming down to the wire. Keith, I probably be about 85-90 percent. But I am getting my second wind so I am gonna muster up enough strength and put my head down and plunge through. Thanks again, I value your input and encouragement! :yep:

mkris7
09-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Nice work bro. Definition is really starting to pop! Legs are looking good. Keep going & hit the cardio hard.

Thanks Michael! Get ready because your next my friend! Like I said, I was really impressed with the mass and quality your carrying. I am pulling just a little back on cardio but still doing it daily now that I am throwing in the posing. Made a few minor adjustments to my diet so I will see what happens over the next few weeks. BTW, have a great time at the Mr. O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yep:

Speaking of the O, I know I am going get flamed for this but man I am really routing for Kai. I know, I know, Jay and Heath are gonna be tough to beat if they are spot on (Especially that Heath with those superhero type full muscles). Any way it goes down that top 5 is gonna be real rough, especially breaking in the 3rd,4th and 5th spots...Can't wait!!!!!!:yep:

Hammerfit
09-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Just read an article by Lee Haney that said he started posing @ 4 months from his last Mr O comp. He attributed that to the best package he had ever brought to the stage. Posing practice makes you hard as nails. I realized this last year when watching a IFBB pro backstage getting ready to go on stage. He never once touched a weight to get pumped up, he just kept posing, the more he posed the harder he would get.

Hammerfit
09-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks Michael! Get ready because your next my friend! Like I said, I was really impressed with the mass and quality your carrying. I am pulling just a little back on cardio but still doing it daily now that I am throwing in the posing. Made a few minor adjustments to my diet so I will see what happens over the next few weeks. BTW, have a great time at the Mr. O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yep:

Speaking of the O, I know I am going get flamed for this but man I am really routing for Kai. I know, I know, Jay and Heath are gonna be tough to beat if they are spot on (Especially that Heath with those superhero type full muscles). Any way it goes down that top 5 is gonna be real rough, especially breaking in the 3rd,4th and 5th spots...Can't wait!!!!!!:yep:

If George brings Kai in dry and in his best conditioning, no one can touch his mass and detail. But............throw in the human judging factor and all bets are off. It's def Jay's show to lose as it should be. If it's close it will go to the champion. A defending champion must be clearly beat.

mkris7
09-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Man Down, Man Down!!!! I am heading over to urgent care today. I bruised my tail bone on Friday and the pain is getting progressively worse. Yesterday felt like I needed a pillow strapped to my tail bone it hurt so bad. Will update once I know what the prognosis is.

mkris7
09-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Good news and bad news. X-Ray came back Negative for any fractures but the Dr told me that I severely bruised the Sacrum and Coccy and that she does not want me to do anything other than normal walking for the next six weeks!!!!!!!

I admit the pain hurts like a "son of a gun." It feels like there is this protruding bone coming out meh rear. Not now, to close. Got some serious thinking to do about this and quick.

Worked out after the Dr's visit and it was rough but took it one set at time. I can do the bike for cardio with no pain but the stepper agitates it. I also can't do any lying exercises (including lying abs) without feeling a sharp pain hit me. If plan to stick it out I will have to resort to the sitted and recombant bike for cardio and machine and rope exercises for abs. Other than that I will have to stick to machines, calbles and the rope for all other exercises. It even hurts standing but the pain is manageable but trust it there and not letting me forget it!

Please chime in ( I know at the end of the day this is my decision) because I would like to hear what you guys/gals think also feel free to share any similar situations and how you could or could not work around it.

Mac
09-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about your setback. How did you injure it?

I have always trained around my injuries. But if I were going to compete, and something like this would happen, I would change plans. No sense in going thru all of that work and not be able to give it 100%.

mkris7
09-14-2011, 08:37 PM
More bad news.....Me and my wife been caring for my mom who has Congestive Heart Failure and is on Oxygen 24/7.....Dr. Told her today "enjoy the time you have left". Her condition is progressively worse and there's nothing left they can do treat her condition.
Man, ever wake up and feel like someone just hit you in the stomach.....

mkris7
09-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about your setback. How did you injure it?

I have always trained around my injuries. But if I were going to compete, and something like this would happen, I would change plans. No sense in going thru all of that work and not be able to give it 100%.

It was a freak accident, I was coming up after doing some dumbell presses and the bench I used had a break in between two pads with a metal bar running horizontal. When coming up to rack the dumbells my tailbone hit the metal bar directly.

hifrommike65
09-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Every moment is precious now, so make the most of it. Will be praying for you.

freebirdmac
09-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Sorry to read about your mom. And your injury. I'd definitely work around the injury, but your mom... that would be a deal breaker. :(

Hammerfit
09-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Man I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I know how hard you have trained to get where you are. Speaking from someone who has busted every bodypart at least twice I will tell you NOT to give up. First of all I am a firm believer that keeping blood pumping into an injured area is critical to fast healing. That being said this is not an exact science and has to be done by feel and only you can determine what to and not to do. Take baby steps and ease into anything you do and be cautious when the brain tells you that you are ok. Our tendency is to go all out when the pain has started to subside. Take it slow! The best way to train around injuries is to adapt the ROM to the pain. If it starts to cause pain, back off just a tad until you can go almost to that point of pain.

As far as your Mom, goes. Only thing I can say is once they are gone, they are gone forever. We lost a son last year and it still stings me and crushes Lisa. Spend your time wisely, NOTHING in this world is more important than family!

Stay Strong my Friend, always here for ya!

mkris7
09-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Man I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I know how hard you have trained to get where you are. Speaking from someone who has busted every bodypart at least twice I will tell you NOT to give up. First of all I am a firm believer that keeping blood pumping into an injured area is critical to fast healing. That being said this is not an exact science and has to be done by feel and only you can determine what to and not to do. Take baby steps and ease into anything you do and be cautious when the brain tells you that you are ok. Our tendency is to go all out when the pain has started to subside. Take it slow! The best way to train around injuries is to adapt the ROM to the pain. If it starts to cause pain, back off just a tad until you can go almost to that point of pain.

As far as your Mom, goes. Only thing I can say is once they are gone, they are gone forever. We lost a son last year and it still stings me and crushes Lisa. Spend your time wisely, NOTHING in this world is more important than family!

Stay Strong my Friend, always here for ya!

Great advice Michael-I agree 100%

I talked to my mother this morning and she wants me to go for it (as long as I can train around the injury). This is a sticky situation because the Dr. can not give us a time frame. It is like she is ticking time bomb. It could happen with her bending over to pick something up or 1 year from now when she is taking an extra step. I feel helpless because there is nothing I can really do besides be there for her like me and my wife have been. Just take it day by day and leave the rest in GOD's hands.

Michael, I want to thank you and your wife being such amazing and caring people. And I am deeply sorry for your lost. I could not even begin to imagine how painful that could be.

mkris7
09-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Sorry to read about your mom. And your injury. I'd definitely work around the injury, but your mom... that would be a deal breaker. :(

Thank you for your support. The last six years have been rough. I came back from working in the Caribbean to take care my grandmother and then after she passed, I cared for my grandfather, now it is my mother I am watching slip away from me. But I believe that whatever we go through GOD will find someway to use for good at some point in your life down the line. Thanks again, I really appreciate your support.

mkris7
09-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Every moment is precious now, so make the most of it. Will be praying for you.

Thank you very much

swingslammer
09-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Any updates? Hope you and your Mother are feeling better. See you, Cal

mkris7
09-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Any updates? Hope you and your Mother are feeling better. See you, Cal

Thanks for asking Cal.

My mom is in good spirits, she has had a lot of visitors this weekend. We are just working on how to squeeze out as many miles that we can from her heart before it finally gives out. Sometimes it is the luck of the draw. My grandmother smoked until she was 90 years before she passed in remarkably great health.

Me and my mom are in a very good place. We had a rocky relationship when I was younger (My grandmother raised me) but we healed and are very close now. We are enjoying the time we have together. Actually, when the doctor told her "enjoy the time you have left", it really struck home how precious life is and how we are not promised tomorrow. We all should enjoy the time we have left "for we not know the day nor the hour".

As far as training everything is pushing through. My tailbone fudggin hurts every time I lie down but hey most of us work through injuries and just suck it up. I will post some progress pics. My mom wants me to do the show because it more than likely it will be the last time she will be able to see me step on stage. Yeah, I won't be my best (No shredded glutes here LOL!);l I am not making excuses but I will be in the best shape that I have been in many years, so it will be personal victory for this old man LOL!:)

How are you doing? How is your training coming a long?

Thanks again for your support Cal.

mkris7
09-20-2011, 09:08 PM
BWT 191

Training is going good, made some adjustments this last few weeks. I feel over trained, all the classic symptoms (feeling flat, tired, soar) but that is what I get for letting myself get way too fat. I was going to use the adjective "heavy" but a more accurate description is that I was FAT LOL! :) As result this has been one long diet even though it has gone through different stages. But I am not complaining. This has been a great experience and I am enjoying the process and challenge. I guess it's a love/hate relationship but at the end of the day, I embrace the madness with heart, smile, and eagerness of a child LOL! :)

Hammerfit
09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
BWT 191

Training is going good, made some adjustments this last few weeks. I feel over trained, all the classic symptoms (feeling flat, tired, soar) but that is what I get for letting myself get way too fat. I was going to use the adjective "heavy" but a more accurate description is that I was FAT LOL! :) As result this has been one long diet even though it has gone through different stages. But I am not complaining. This has been a great experience and I am enjoying the process and challenge. I guess it's a love/hate relationship but at the end of the day, I embrace the madness with heart, smile, and eagerness of a child LOL! :)

r u doing re feeds?

mkris7
09-21-2011, 12:49 PM
r u doing re feeds?

Had a "bump day" last week (about an extra 150 grams of carbs) but nothing since then. Scared to re-feed at this point, was going to wait until I start carbing up next week. I am about 12 days out and unfortunately, I am going to keep making small changes to my physique over this period. Next time, I will try to be in shape at least 2-4 weeks out to give me some room to breath. What are your thoughts?

Any shirts come in yet?

Thanks
Michael

Hammerfit
09-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Had a "bump day" last week (about an extra 150 grams of carbs) but nothing since then. Scared to re-feed at this point, was going to wait until I start carbing up next week. I am about 12 days out and unfortunately, I am going to keep making small changes to my physique over this period. Next time, I will try to be in shape at least 2-4 weeks out to give me some room to breath. What are your thoughts?

Any shirts come in yet?

Thanks
Michael

Everyone is different as we all know but if I didnt learn but one thing this past year it would be that refeeds are like majic. Once the matab stalls its like beating your head up against a wall to get tight and hard. I used to starve myself and or carb deplete / reload. Never again. Once your conditioned, stay that way, keep training the same way and dont buy into "by the book" Study how your body reacts with a journal, write everything down I mean everything. Once you go back and review your journal it will tell you what to do. I ate chocolate cake the saturday before my last show and had pancakes for my breakfast and was by far in my best conditioning ever.
Check out Skip Hill on Intensemuscle.com. Ken re wrote the book on metabolism cranking IMHO.
No shirts yet should be very soon.

mkris7
09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Error

masterschamp
09-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Everyone is different as we all know but if I didnt learn but one thing this past year it would be that refeeds are like majic. Once the matab stalls its like beating your head up against a wall to get tight and hard. I used to starve myself and or carb deplete / reload. Never again. Once your conditioned, stay that way, keep training the same way and dont buy into "by the book" Study how your body reacts with a journal, write everything down I mean everything. Once you go back and review your journal it will tell you what to do. I ate chocolate cake the saturday before my last show and had pancakes for my breakfast and was by far in my best conditioning ever.
Check out Skip Hill on Intensemuscle.com. Ken re wrote the book on metabolism cranking IMHO.

Couldn't agree more, Mike.......I swear not only can I "feel" when I need a bump...my body actually tells me exactly what I neeed to eat!

Keith

mkris7
09-22-2011, 05:40 PM

I agree with your philosophy. It makes since. I reviewed some of the skip Hill methods and it is very interesting. This something I am going to explore while getting ready for the next one. This time around I am just a little scared to try to change much this close.

Can't wait for the shirts to come in-You got a real winner there Michael ! :yep:

mkris7
09-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Couldn't agree more, Mike.......I swear not only can I "feel" when I need a bump...my body actually tells me exactly what I neeed to eat!

Keith

Actually, you are so right. When I think about there has been days that my body was screaming for a bump but I did not listen because of the "Bro-theory" that says you have to really suffer, suffer and then suffer some more to get into decent shape. Like Michael and you subscribe, listening to your body and knowing what works for "YOU" makes much more sense.

Thank you for your support Keith! :yep:

mkris7
09-22-2011, 05:51 PM
I can't attach any photos over the last few days? Can anyone help? I checked my computer and It it works with Facebook and my email but I get an error message here on RX Muscle??:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.

mkris7
09-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Okey, Made it through day one of my carb depletion.

Today Legs morning and 1/2 cardio
evening-Arms and posing.

Already thinking about breakfast and looking forward to my oatmeal.
Tomorrow shoulders-AM and back pm.
Tuesday full body workout and then then only posing for the next three days.

Hammerfit
09-26-2011, 07:19 AM
I can't attach any photos over the last few days? Can anyone help? I checked my computer and It it works with Facebook and my email but I get an error message here on RX Muscle??:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.

whats the error message say? when you hit the upload button does it try to upload or are you getting a upload failed message? Check your file size compared to requirements of various file types listed for uploading

swingslammer
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
A. I was having the same picture problem??

B. I didn't reallize you were THAT close to your contest??

C. I won't really say "Good Luck" because the process is mostly about HARD WORK, not luck....and you have already put in the work and fought through obstacles....now go have the fun. See you, Cal

mkris7
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
A. I was having the same picture problem??

B. I didn't reallize you were THAT close to your contest??

C. I won't really say "Good Luck" because the process is mostly about HARD WORK, not luck....and you have already put in the work and fought through obstacles....now go have the fun. See you, Cal

Thanks Cal,

This prep was very personal to me because I wanted to get back in shape after many years being away from the sport. I just hope that everything comes together the day of the show. Water has always been a problem for me, so I am paying close attention to that this time.

The last few days, man I been suffering. Ready to carb up starting tomorrow.
I will post some photos after the show. At this point I can only be the best me that I can be....Maybe if I decide to do this again, it will be a good platform to see what adjustments I need to make in the future.

Now enough about me, how are you doing? You keeping yourself safe for us?
I saw your photos, wow real sparta living conditions. I take my hat off to you!

Blessings
Michael

mkris7
09-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Entered in Error

mkris7
09-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Here are few photos taken last week at 189. Today I look flat as a pancake, my wife said, I looked flat and starved (She don't pull any punches but I appreciate her honesty LOL! :) A few days on low carbs can wreack havic on all your hard work LOL! :)

mkris7
09-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Just to clearify, I did not post the proverbial Pancake photos of me. Looking at them was two painful LOL :) The ones above were taken before carb depleting.

Today is a good day, starting fill out a little. Tomorrow start limiting my water. I hope the stars and moon align in the sky for Saturday and I look halfway decent.

Hope everyone is doing well and training hard.:yep:

Hammerfit
09-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Just to clearify, I did not post the proverbial Pancake photos of me. Looking at them was two painful LOL :) The ones above were taken before carb depleting.

Today is a good day, starting fill out a little. Tomorrow start limiting my water. I hope the stars and moon align in the sky for Saturday and I look halfway decent.

Hope everyone is doing well and training hard.:yep:

Looking good Michael, you already look way more than "half way decent" Feel good about what you have accomplished. You are in a very small elite group of "mature" guys that look as good as you do. Cherish that! IT IS A BIG DEAL!
Great job on your hard work, it shows!

Mac
09-30-2011, 05:06 PM
You will be a winner tomorrow Michael. You look great and be proud as hammer stated.

mkris7
09-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Looking good Michael, you already look way more than "half way decent" Feel good about what you have accomplished. You are in a very small elite group of "mature" guys that look as good as you do. Cherish that! IT IS A BIG DEAL!
Great job on your hard work, it shows!

Thank you Michael for all your support. I appreciate your words of confidence.
Thanks for including me in the "Club" :)

I am real nervous today because I forgot how the body can change in a matter of hours. This morning I looked pretty flat still but by meal three, I looked like different person. And the water manipulation is a big question mark. Going to be conservative regarding my approach. I forgot how much of science often goes into preparing for a contest. But like you said, keep a journal, write everything down so you know what works for you. :)

Will probably update on Sunday. Thank you again for your support. :yep:

mkris7
09-30-2011, 07:37 PM
You will be a winner tomorrow Michael. You look great and be proud as hammer stated.

Thank you for your kind words. Only those who do what we do, know what we go through physically and mentally. I was thinking the other day about when I was younger and blessed enough to win an overall before I stopped competing.

Today, a friend asked me if I thought i might win my class tomorrow. I told him that I won already...Every time I look at that photo when I first started I have already won.

Every time I think about how much support you and so many others here in the forum have given me-I already won. Some of the friendships I have made here are priceless. And it has been a great experience to "get back on track". Thank you for being apart of my journey :)

Thank you again:yep:

mkris7
10-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Taken Yesterday morning at 186 before I started to drop my water. Still a little flat.

Today is the day. WOW, it has been 16 years since the last time I stepped on stage! Just reflecting in the moment. I still can't believe I am getting back up there. I would be lying if I said I was not nervous. Just going to try to have some fun today and embrace the experience. Thank you again "TEAM RXMUSCLE MASTERS" for all your support. :yep:

Hammerfit
10-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Taken Yesterday morning at 186 before I started to drop my water. Still a little flat.

Today is the day. WOW, it has been 16 years since the last time I stepped on stage! Just reflecting in the moment. I still can't believe I am getting back up there. I would be lying if I said I was not nervous. Just going to try to have some fun today and embrace the experience. Thank you again "TEAM RXMUSCLE MASTERS" for all your support. :yep:

Look GREAT! Go get it!

KevinCouch
10-01-2011, 12:16 PM

Incredible job! Stay focused and show them all the hard work you've put in!!

mkris7
10-02-2011, 02:16 AM
The show was very well ran and I had a wonderful time. The Master Class competitors were very friendly. Actually, I forgot how interesting going to BB shows are...Just people watching and it is amazing the different and interesting characters you see. Plus, now there is fitness/physique men and woman classes. All very interesting.

First, I would like to say I missed my peak this time around. And actually looked much better after the pre-judging when I had a hamburger with bacon. I actually, filled out after the added fats and started tighten up more.

As far as placing, there was three competitors and I placed third. Overall, it was a good experience to get my feet wet. However, I was very happy with my condition. I was not as hard and shredded as judging criteria for today is (felt I looked better on Friday morning). I estimate that I would had to drop another 6-8 pounds to get there.

Trouble Area is the excess skin around my lower abs. I think even if I was leaner I would still have a problem there at this time. Going to keep weight down and work on tightening over this year. Did zero calf work, so that will be a priority and just keep focusing on conditioning (and posing!):)

I SWEAR FOR MY NEXT SHOW I AM GOING TO GET SOME OF THOSE TRUNKS, ARNOLD, FRANCO, SERGIO AND OTHERS WORE IN THAT AREA (I am going to bring em back!) LOL :yep:

Here are a few photos from pre-judging. Will try to get official photos later.

mkris7
10-02-2011, 02:36 AM
PS. I was the only one at the show with a FANNY PACK!!! LOL:yep:

swingslammer
10-02-2011, 03:49 AM
I swear I was going to mention the Fanny pak and then you beat me to it. I also have looked online for the "Old school" trunks....couldn't find them.

As far as the show goes... I think you have a great attitude. You can only do what you can do...the rest is in someone elses hands.

That is one thing I do not like about today's contests, it has turned too much in to a Dieting contest. I have test judged a number of times and the criteria says " Must be more muscular than the average athlete" I have competed against some guys who had the body of a triathlete or marathoner....but they were ripped so Ding Ding Ding...there is your winner. I think sometimes the judges go "Who is most ripped...winner" without taking the whole physique in to the equasion.

That being said....you looked great and ....you will get them next time, becuase even after 16 years....there is always a "Next time". See you, Cal

masterschamp
10-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Michael......you looked great, especially after such a long layoff from competition. Now you have a much better perspective of what needs to be done from here, and by looking at you, the potential to get it done is absolutely there. The skin thing is something most of us also deal with at this age, but staying leaner in the off season will definitely help.You accomplished a hell of alot.

Keith

mkris7
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Michael......you looked great, especially after such a long layoff from competition. Now you have a much better perspective of what needs to be done from here, and by looking at you, the potential to get it done is absolutely there. The skin thing is something most of us also deal with at this age, but staying leaner in the off season will definitely help.You accomplished a hell of alot.

Keith

Thanks Keith! check back tomorrow, my friend sent me some photos (kinda blurry) but I will post them. I ordered the professional ones but have to wait a few weeks to get them. Thanks again for your support.

mkris7
10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Official Thank You to Kevin Couch.

Kevin I would like to thank you for helping me in prep work. After being away for so long, it was your guidance and experience that helped steer me in like a plan coming down for a safe landing.

Kevin, I know you have a lot on your plate and it was selfless of you to take your time to answer my many questions, review my photos, and help me make adjustments. We both agreed, I could have used another 4 weeks to tighten up and work on conditioning but you know I was on a looooooong diet and just did not have it in me to go another month.

But I am happy because even though I was not my best, I was the best I have been in many many years.

Kevin at the end of the day "it's just bodybuilding" it is the friendships that you make along the way in the arena of bodybuilding that really makes it all worth it! Thank you your good man, a great father and son. I am proud to call you friend.

The next time you decide to get on stage, I am here with anything you need, even if it is just a few words of encouragement on those low carb days LOL!
Seriously, you are going to fantastic and really bring it when your ready!:yep:

Hammerfit
10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Michael you looked great. Nice and full in the dbl bi pose. The skin issue will tighten up. It has memory just like muscle does. It takes months staying lean for it to tighten up. Great reason to stay in shape! Dont worry bout where the judges paced ya, it only matters what you got out of it.

mkris7
10-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Here some photos a friend sent me, sorry about the quality.

mkris7
10-02-2011, 04:42 PM
I swear I was going to mention the Fanny pak and then you beat me to it. I also have looked online for the "Old school" trunks....couldn't find them.

As far as the show goes... I think you have a great attitude. You can only do what you can do...the rest is in someone elses hands.

That is one thing I do not like about today's contests, it has turned too much in to a Dieting contest. I have test judged a number of times and the criteria says " Must be more muscular than the average athlete" I have competed against some guys who had the body of a triathlete or marathoner....but they were ripped so Ding Ding Ding...there is your winner. I think sometimes the judges go "Who is most ripped...winner" without taking the whole physique in to the equasion.

That being said....you looked great and ....you will get them next time, becuase even after 16 years....there is always a "Next time". See you, Cal

Thanks Cal, I agree on many of your points regarding judging. It would also be nice if they use the night show as part of the judging, it would give many competitors who was spilling over or too depleted a chance to make adjustments for the night show and get some of those points back.

Thanks again on your support Cal and be safe buddy!
BTW, how long are you going to be over there?

mkris7
10-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Michael you looked great. Nice and full in the dbl bi pose. The skin issue will tighten up. It has memory just like muscle does. It takes months staying lean for it to tighten up. Great reason to stay in shape! Dont worry bout where the judges paced ya, it only matters what you got out of it.

Thanks Michael for your support, promise will keep my weight down this time around and give that waist a chance to tighten up. Great advice as always.
As far as the placings, I agree 100% I didn't get caught up with that.

Everyone goes out there and tries to bring the best package they can and the rest is up to the judges.

Michael I had a great time overall and meeting a lot of the "mature athletes" was very refreshing; no attitudes, friendly and humble guys. I believe one of the best classes in the show was 60 and over!

mkris7
10-03-2011, 03:44 AM
One more from Saturday.

KevinCouch
10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Official Thank You to Kevin Couch.

Kevin I would like to thank you for helping me in prep work. After being away for so long, it was your guidance and experience that helped steer me in like a plan coming down for a safe landing.

Kevin, I know you have a lot on your plate and it was selfless of you to take your time to answer my many questions, review my photos, and help me make adjustments. We both agreed, I could have used another 4 weeks to tighten up and work on conditioning but you know I was on a looooooong diet and just did not have it in me to go another month.

But I am happy because even though I was not my best, I was the best I have been in many many years.

Kevin at the end of the day "it's just bodybuilding" it is the friendships that you make along the way in the arena of bodybuilding that really makes it all worth it! Thank you your good man, a great father and son. I am proud to call you friend.

The next time you decide to get on stage, I am here with anything you need, even if it is just a few words of encouragement on those low carb days LOL!
Seriously, you are going to fantastic and really bring it when your ready!:yep:

Michael, You're welcome it's was my pleasure buddy. There's no need to thank me really. It was awesome seeing your physique change almost daily. You've done all the work my friend and deserve all the credit here...I'm just happy that I was able to help you with your prep and get you back on stage lookin great. IF...you decide to get back on stage again next time we'll know what works with your prep and what doesn't since we've experimented a little this time around. I'm very happy for you Michael! Now eat some carbs (but not too many;))
Kevin

leanbody
10-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Major props to Mike! I went to the show an he looked awesome! The other 2 competitors were extremely well conditioned, but also lacked a bit of muscle mass & thickness (IMO)that Mike had. Still and all, great showing and a really nice job on the routine - you looked really relaxed and professional up there!

swingslammer
10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
So I know you have some family issues but............when is your next contest? You are not going to wait another 16 years are you??

P.S. You worked so hard getting the weight off, don't go too crazy on the pizza.

mkris7
10-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Major props to Mike! I went to the show an he looked awesome! The other 2 competitors were extremely well conditioned, but also lacked a bit of muscle mass & thickness (IMO)that Mike had. Still and all, great showing and a really nice job on the routine - you looked really relaxed and professional up there!

Thanks Michael for the kind words. Your next my friend! Can't wait to get together again and train!

mkris7
10-08-2011, 12:31 PM
So I know you have some family issues but............when is your next contest? You are not going to wait another 16 years are you??

P.S. You worked so hard getting the weight off, don't go too crazy on the pizza.

No worries Cal that was an isolated incident. I learned a lot from the experience. Actually I have never been that far out of shape in my life and I felt like a stranger in my own body. Yes, food is a great comforter but many other's things can be as well that are far less hazardous to your health! LOL:)

I like being in shape, it makes me feel good, I am less stressed, I feel I am more focused at work, I am a better father, husband and son because I feel centered. Pizza was never my thing...but don't worry I won't let the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches get the best of me!!!! LOL :)

I figure the next show I do will be 62 (16 years away). I have a lot of time to put on mass and diet down. I should do very well in the Grand Master over 60 class. JUST JOKING! Seriously, I plan on getting back on stage around the same time next year. :yep: I can't imagine another long layoff.

I start my off-season training today and eating regiment today. going to keep my bwt between 200-210. From the photos I reviewed, I need to come in much tighter with the same degree of Muscle or more and I should be happy with my improvements. Some specific areas I am going to focus on is waist, lower back, calves (and of course conditioning).CAL thank you for all your support and keep training hard!

hifrommike65
10-09-2011, 09:03 PM
You did great after all those years offstage. It's 51 weeks & counting! ;)

mkris7
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM

Thank you for your support. Yes, 51 wks....looking forward to it. Any plans for next year? Keep training hard! :yep:

ayezer
10-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Michael great job sorry did not keep up I have alot of things going on but keep up great work afte long layoff look real thick up top and legs yes if get waist a little slimmer will make you look even better symmetrically.

Thanks for checking in on me too.

mkris7
10-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Michael great job sorry did not keep up I have alot of things going on but keep up great work afte long layoff look real thick up top and legs yes if get waist a little slimmer will make you look even better symmetrically.

Thanks for checking in on me too.

I agree, I have always said, I need to work on. I was at 32 this year but when I competed before, I was about a 28-29. But Ayezer, I came down from a 42! LOL :)

Actually, I was so much tighter the day before and just made some rookie mistakes. Won't let my waist get over 34 this year, so it will be much tighter next year. Thanks for the positive critique, I agree with your assessment. :yep:

mkris7
10-23-2011, 01:45 AM

Yes, my friend and I am already looking at the calender! LOL :yep:
Thank you for your positive comments! :)

masterschamp
10-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Michael....GREAT to see you have been bitten by the bug once again!! Go for it!!

Keith

Baldiewonkanobi
10-29-2011, 12:40 PM

Bump

Fantastic for first show back. I have stayed lean (way too lean) for almost 3 years and skin has tightened up. My only problem has been dehydration last week of show prep.....loosing over 10 pounds of muscle fullness 2 years going. You did not show dehydration. Stay the course and you will garner those awards.

Baldie

mkris7
10-31-2011, 12:37 AM
Bump

Fantastic for first show back. I have stayed lean (way too lean) for almost 3 years and skin has tightened up. My only problem has been dehydration last week of show prep.....loosing over 10 pounds of muscle fullness 2 years going. You did not show dehydration. Stay the course and you will garner those awards.

Baldie

I agree my friend. Ready to turn it up for next year. The goal is to come in much improved as far as conditioning. May stay LH or drop to the top of the middles to get dryer if I need to. Getting to know my body again is real education.

Thanks again for your support.:yep:

Hammerfit
10-31-2011, 09:02 AM
I agree my friend. Ready to turn it up for next year. The goal is to come in much improved as far as conditioning. May stay LH or drop to the top of the middles to get dryer if I need to. Getting to know my body again is real education.

Thanks again for your support.:yep:

That's it in a nutshell......getting to know your body and how it responds to different stimuli and nutrition, it is an every evolving experiment