PDA

View Full Version : Won my (2nd) Pro Card :)

the mighty stu
06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
So this past weekend at the INBF Hercules, I won a very competitive Open Middleweight class to snag my WNBF Pro Card. Last Spring (2010), I had won the Overall at the USBF NJ Classic, securing Pro Status in that federation. I guess now I have the 'what do I do now?' question to answer -lol.

I gotta say though, the highlight of the show for me was when my girlfriend, who surprised me when she first expressed interest in competing at all, handily won the Women's Novice Figure class (her first show!)

I've only been competing a short while, but in that time, I've just been having a blast, and meeting some truly amazing people in this sport. Once I get pics and videos I'll share what I can. Anyone's who has been to this show before knows the level of competition that shows up. I had to rearrange my trophies so that this one is prominently featured in the middle up front! :D

S

Dadup
06-28-2011, 11:30 AM
both of you look great man, congrats! :beerbang:

BigJD69
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
AWESOME Job!!! Congrats on your accomplishments!!!

IvesDewitte
06-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Grats to the both of you

shankuan
06-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Congrats to you both! I do know this show is usually pretty stacked so great job on that win! Will you be doing Worlds in Nov? Will your gf be moving to the open in Naturalmania or even Worlds later this year?

Growin24/7
06-28-2011, 02:56 PM
good job brother!

ritch
06-28-2011, 03:14 PM
you look great, always...

no homo of course...

Curt James
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Congratulations! :beerbang:

the mighty stu
06-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Congrats to you both! I do know this show is usually pretty stacked so great job on that win! Will you be doing Worlds in Nov? Will your gf be moving to the open in Naturalmania or even Worlds later this year?

Yeah, this show is always a toughie, and this year was no different. While part of me is tempted to jump right in at the Worlds, I'm thinking I'd be better suited trying to make some more improvements. I know I still have weak points, especially if I'm going to be mixing it up with some of the top caliber guys I've seen at the Worlds in recent years.

My girl is definitely going to try her hand at the open (she's caught the 'bug' -lol). A couple of figure pros she met last month told her she had the potential to go for the open right away, but we figured it would be better to take this one step at a time and see how she did in the Novice first. As of now, I know of several Fall shows she could throw her hat into, one especially in October that is promoted through the USBF, but is always very well run, and would even allow her to crossover into the 35+ category as well. Doing the Worlds as an amateur pretty much guarantees that you're not going to get onstage until after 11pm, so I don't know if she'd be game, but we've got some time to plan things out.

Right now, we're both going to just enjoy a little break. It's been a rough prep, and as we're both teachers, we can take advantage of some time off to give our bodies a bit of a rest, at least for a short while :)

S

True Iron Chick
06-28-2011, 09:56 PM
how awesome! congrats! you both look great!

the mighty stu
07-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Despite the fact that my neck always looks creepily scrawny when I diet down, I love this pic. We now refer to our "His & Hers" trophies :)

S

daywalker72
07-08-2011, 01:31 PM
awesome

newaza007
07-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Congrats!