PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Ben White?

Womanthrower
02-11-2009, 10:32 PM
I dunno why but I'm really curious about this. he just disappeared from the mag and I've never heard an explanation in any of the threads I've seen on MD. I was hoping maybe Dave or John or whoever knows could shed some light on this.

MrDiamondCalves
02-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I liked Ben White. Hes a cool dude and his training videos were really cool too. He trains like a beast!

Juntao
02-11-2009, 11:17 PM
I read a while ago he was gunning for the NY PRO.

Big Al
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I believe he said that if he will not win NY Pro, he will quit bodybuilding. I guess he didn't lie....

ReeBPM
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
There was a thread on BB.com's IFBB section about a month ago where a guy was asking the same question. He actually emailed him and Ben said he'd been spending the last year starting a PT studio and is gunning for the 09 NY Pro. It'll be interesting to see what he looks like.

MartyMcFly
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
I dunno why but I'm really curious about this. he just disappeared from the mag and I've never heard an explanation in any of the threads I've seen on MD. I was hoping maybe Dave or John or whoever knows could shed some light on this.
I've been thinking about this for a while now too. I remember my first MD issue had Ben White on the Cover, the one with the boxing gloves (remember?) and that's when I fell in love with what I thought would be the best (MD). But White just disappeared all of the sudden.

becks
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Ben always comes in condition and has a very aesthetic physique, although I think he needs size to be competitive in the IFBB. Standing alone he looks great but put in a line-up he tends to look small.

Professor X
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I believe he said that if he will not win NY Pro, he will quit bodybuilding. I guess he didn't lie....

Well, some are also saying he is taking the year off to gain some more size so who really knows?

ThePoser
02-12-2009, 01:39 PM
He realized that all the big talk wasn't worth much once you step onstage.

bigchamp89
02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
i heard he was gonna do the NY pro this year again, i hope he learned not to be a cocky jackass

Professor X
02-12-2009, 01:43 PM
i heard he was gonna do the NY pro this year again, i hope he learned not to be a cocky jackass

I honestly never thought of him that way.

If we start jumping on every guy who tries to make this more entertaining, this "sport" of ours is going to get really fucking boring.

I WANT to hear more "I'm the greatest" speeches. Why is everyone running away from drama?

becks
02-12-2009, 02:36 PM
I honestly never thought of him that way.

If we start jumping on every guy who tries to make this more entertaining, this "sport" of ours is going to get really fucking boring.

I WANT to hear more "I'm the greatest" speeches. Why is everyone running away from drama?

Ben needs to find a happy medium with the cocky role though, it cost him his sponsorship deal with MuscleTech.

It's entertaining and does create some anticipation, leading to more attention being directed to our sport.

I hope that with him keeping quiet and not spending any time in the media he shows up BIG and peeled. Of course followed up with a cocky post NY Pro interview LOL

Youngguns
02-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I agree drama makes the sport a lot more interesting.

Leigh Carmichael
02-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Not many guys can get in the condition he was in for NY.

He may have over dieted trying to achieve it. With a little added muscle I think he will be hard to beat.

If the judging keeps following the current lead and sticks more with the more proportioned, well balanced physiques, he will do well.

Bodybuilding needs more personalities. I wish him well.

Mike Hunt
02-12-2009, 03:15 PM
He morphed into 5ftmonsta.

ritch
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
For sure he has a good physique, but someone comming out and saying "I`m the greates of all time" and the likes just irritates me. If this guy would have won he would have became so egotistical, I don`t even want to think about it. Hope he learned his lesson.

becks
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Not many guys can get in the condition he was in for NY.

He may have over dieted trying to achieve it. With a little added muscle I think he will be hard to beat.

If the judging keeps following the current lead and sticks more with the more proportioned, well balanced physiques, he will do well.

Bodybuilding needs more personalities. I wish him well.

Could you imagine how BIG he would look keeping his small waist and adding 20lbs of stage weight to his frame?

Professor X
02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
For sure he has a good physique, but someone comming out and saying "I`m the greates of all time" and the likes just irritates me. If this guy would have won he would have became so egotistical, I don`t even want to think about it. Hope he learned his lesson.

That's hilarious. Arnold made his name and his mark on the entire world by acting the exact same way and people do nothing but praise him.

Why the double standard? I guess we had better teach Arnie some humility, huh?

Random Letters
02-12-2009, 05:04 PM
That's hilarious. Arnold made his name and his mark on the entire world by acting the exact same way and people do nothing but praise him.

The difference was that Arnold could back it up...Ben White proclaimed himself the best in the world and then placed 6th at the NY pro, which ain't exactly the Mr Olympia.

ritch
02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
The difference was that Arnold could back it up...Ben White proclaimed himself the best in the world and then placed 6th at the NY pro, which ain't exactly the Mr Olympia.

True enough, Arnold was way ahead of his time. I still don`t even see Ben cracking top 3 in any major show with the key players in this game.

Schmidy
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
His head exploded

tammyp
02-12-2009, 06:12 PM
he is from my neck of the woods. i judged a show he was at and we all went to lunch...he was working like hell to add some size. not retiring, as of then, this was Nov.

danger
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
oh wow, he lost his contract with muscle-tech too?

Cihan85
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, it was kinda stupid of him to say: "I promise you guys, if I don't at least make the top 5 at the Ny Pro, I'm gonna quit the sport". That's what he said in his "I'm the greatest" column in MD.

A month before that, he even went as far as to say that he was gonna win that contest. And when it was all over,and he got 6th place, he said: "Yeah I was trying to be controversial and get my name out there". Everybody hates King kamali for acting like that, because it makes you look like a fool.

But like John Romano said, Steve Blechman will drop you in a minute at the side of the road without mentioning anything about it in the magazine, if he doesn't need you anymore. He did that to a lot of guys. Their column just disappears like it never even existed.

Honour
02-12-2009, 08:35 PM
His head exploded

LoL:p

Womanthrower
02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, it was kinda stupid of him to say: "I promise you guys, if I don't at least make the top 5 at the Ny Pro, I'm gonna quit the sport". That's what he said in his "I'm the greatest" column in MD.

A month before that, he even went as far as to say that he was gonna win that contest. And when it was all over,and he got 6th place, he said: "Yeah I was trying to be controversial and get my name out there". Everybody hates King kamali for acting like that, because it makes you look like a fool.

But like John Romano said, Steve Blechman will drop you in a minute at the side of the road without mentioning anything about it in the magazine, if he doesn't need you anymore. He did that to a lot of guys. Their column just disappears like it never even existed.
I don't have a problem with what he says. I don't think it's anything like Kamali. The way Kamali goes about it, even if it is just for publicity and he isn't actually insane, he just comes off like this delusional asshole. The feeling I get from Ben White is just a lot of playful trash talk. it seems really light hearted and comical.

and yeah, that statement about dropping guys like that is what made me post. I was wondering if there was an interesting story behind it or if it was just something simple as to why Ben isn't in the mag anymore.

Womanthrower
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Because Arnold is an unquestionable demigod. Did Hercules in New York teach you nothing?

DOIT
02-13-2009, 04:33 AM
I competed with Ben White a few times when he was still power lifting and I thought man if this got lean he could be a top level pro. Fast forward 3 years and I see him in MD and to be honest he looked like a shell of his old self. I am not saying he is small but he wasnt that fat as a powerlifter and it looks like he lost a lot of muscle making the switch. He is a nice down to earth guy in person but I think it is ironic how much he used to make fun of bodybuilding then he becomes one.

Pearce
02-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Wherever the big fella is i hope hes doin well..

did he get his gyno removed?

flexingtonsteele
02-20-2009, 03:28 AM
He just recently signed with Nutrabolics.

Simon M
02-20-2009, 04:13 AM
His gyno was really bad. Quite frankly if you have gyno you shoudln't place anywhere.

APK
02-20-2009, 09:41 AM
His gyno was really bad. Quite frankly if you have gyno you shoudln't place anywhere.

U do realize that gyno comes form many places, NOT JUST STERIOD USE. Some people are BORN with gyno and did nothing to there body to get it, genetics

Simon M
02-20-2009, 09:45 AM
U do realize that gyno comes form many places, NOT JUST STERIOD USE. Some people are BORN with gyno and did nothing to there body to get it, genetics
Of course I do, but it's unsightly and is easily dealt with. If we're comparing bodies and one has gyno, well....