PDA

View Full Version : Physique off season log

I<3heavyliftin
07-01-2011, 09:31 PM
So, I've been stalking these forums for weeks and finally decided it's about time to start a training journal.
I am an NPC bikini competitor who has decided to make her way into the new physique division! I've been training hard in the gym for years now, but have only done three shows (which i placed horribly in, because i came in way too hard for bikini). I realized while i was back stage at my last show, not only was i more muscular and lean than the bikini girls, but i was more built then some of the figure girls! I've been holding myself back training wise so i could still compete in bikini, but i'm happy to say "no more light weight!" It's time to get back to heavy lifting!
My goal in this offseason is to stay fairly lean while putting at least 10 lbs of muscle on. My plan is to compete in physique in fall 2012 the earliest, summer 2013 latest.
My biggest challenge is going to be building my hams and glutes and widening my back. These are my biggest challenges because I have back injury (nerve compression in my spine). :(
So, to start.... today was shoulders!

Seated DB press:
45X8, 45X9, 45X8

Standing side laterals:
25X9, 25X9, 25X9

Cable side laterals:
25X8, 25X8, 25X8

Reverse Peck Deck:
85X17, 85X15, 85X15 drop set 40X20

Was planning on doing cardio today, but spent the whole day in the kitchen instead making peanut butter cup cheesecake for my family's 4th July party!

The Prodigy
07-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Welcome aboard! Can't wait to learn more about you! Post some pictures and tell us where your from...etc...

I<3heavyliftin
07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, this whole holiday weekend has totally been messing up schedule so I have yet to post my leg work out from Saturday morning, and I don't have my book on me, so you'll just have to wait to 'till next week to see legs.
Anyways, I just ordered a new lifting belt to help with my back issue, but it won't be here 'till next week. So, I skipped out on my SLD's after my squats on saturday because my back was killin' me. I've been thinking about going to a chiropractor for it, what do you guys think? Anyone get a lower spine nerve compression treated by a chiropractor?

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-03-2011, 11:33 PM
WHOO HOO WELCOME TO RxGirl!!!!!! =)

tammyp
07-04-2011, 06:14 AM
welcome....quite the leap....!

I<3heavyliftin
07-04-2011, 09:11 AM
welcome....quite the leap....!
Tammy, if I wasn't so out of the bikini league i would agree with you! I totally did not fit in with the bikini girls it was almost funny.
It def is not going to be easy to get to physique stage shape, but i plan on taking a nice long off season to build up what i need, and if it takes more than one year, so be it, i'll just take more time to grow.

MrsSims
07-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Ms. Heavy Liftin, Welcome my friend! I'm looking forward to following your jounral, and hope to compete with you on stage.. Great to meet another Bikini Girl with alot of Potential! Keep up the good work, and post pics of your progress.. Have a Happy 4th! :)

GirlyMuscle
07-04-2011, 10:17 AM
So you're going from Bikini to Physique and bypassing Figure altogether?

MrsSims
07-04-2011, 10:22 AM
So you're going from Bikini to Physique and bypassing Figure altogether?

Yes.. I'm doing the same thing.. Bypassing Figure and jumping to physique. Its a better look for me as well. I love training heavy and taking off 1yr and 1/2 to prep for next year. Currently having a huge off-season with SUPER heavy training and dieting, with 1 cheat meal per week. Heavy Liftin is also doing the same.. :)

I<3heavyliftin
07-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Ms. Heavy Liftin, Welcome my friend! I'm looking forward to following your jounral, and hope to compete with you on stage.. Great to meet another Bikini Girl with alot of Potential! Keep up the good work, and post pics of your progress.. Have a Happy 4th! :)

MsSims, I'm looking forward to watching/reading your progress as well. It's nice to get to know another bikini to physique competitor! Hope you're enjoying this 4th!

MrsSims
07-05-2011, 11:54 AM
MsSims, I'm looking forward to watching/reading your progress as well. It's nice to get to know another bikini to physique competitor! Hope you're enjoying this 4th!

Yes ma'am! We gotta stick together.. I had to work yesterday, sucks, but luckily I got off early and headed over to the gym for back. Your workouts are super heavy, you definitely weren't kidding when you told me that you love heavyliftin! I will always k.i.t with you, and hopefully get to meet you soon.. Stay focused and driven! :)

I<3heavyliftin
07-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Alright, so I def indulged this weekend on LOTS of 4th of July goodies, but since Monday I've been good diet wise. Monday I was able to get into the gym early and do chest and tri's. Tuesday is supposed to be an off day, but I decided to go in and do a spin class to work off those holiday weekend treats. Today was back and bi's. I really love training back, but for some reason bi's is DREADFUL to me! And, on top off it my boyfriend (who is also my training partner) picked my least favorite exercise to start off our bi sets, preacher curls! lol And i finished off tonight with another spin class. I was not planning on spinning at all during the off season, but I had an entire cheat DAY on Sunday, and I def needed to do some extra work! Next week I'm aiming for three to four 45 min cardio sessions, and each week I will progressively taper off my cardio.
So,this is only my second week into "offseason" training and my weights are going up! I'm so happy to feel strong and energized again!
Chest:
Incline BB:
115X11, 125X8, 125X8
Machine Press:
110X13, 130X8, 130X9
Incline Flies:
35X12, 35X12, 35X12 (tweaked my shoulder on first set, so i took it easy on these)
Tri's:
Seated Overhead Extension w/EZ curl BB:
40X12, switched grip to avoid hurting "tweaked" shoulder anymore 40X16, 50X13
Cable push downs:
80X11, 80X12, 80X12

Back:
Pull downs (wide grip):
160X13, 160X11, 160X11
BB Bent over row:
135X9, 135X10, 135X10
Single arm Hammer Strength Row:
90X16, 115X11, 115X10
Pull ups:
8, 8
Shrugs:
135X16, 185X12, 185X10

Bi's
Preacher Curl:
20X12, 20X12, 20X12
Seated DB Curls:
25X10, 25X10, 25X10

stephaniewicked
07-07-2011, 04:05 AM
Hey girl... welcome to Rx! ;)

I did the same thing on Sunday and been feeling guilty ever since, but trying to use that food to fuel this week's workouts, which have been awesome so far (to say the least)!

I'm so excited to see the bikini-turned-WP girls here! I'm a bikini girl who loves lifting heavy, but I'm probably going to stop at figure first since I'm impatient and don't want to wait a year or longer to get back on stage... I think you ladies are making an awesome statement by going from one extreme to another and I'm excited/proud to follow your journeys!

I<3heavyliftin
07-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey girl... welcome to Rx! ;)

I did the same thing on Sunday and been feeling guilty ever since, but trying to use that food to fuel this week's workouts, which have been awesome so far (to say the least)!

Isn't it great to actually have energy back into the workout! All throughout my contest prep I was draggin' in my workouts! And I got so freakin' weak!

I'm so excited to see the bikini-turned-WP girls here! I'm a bikini girl who loves lifting heavy, but I'm probably going to stop at figure first since I'm impatient and don't want to wait a year or longer to get back on stage... I think you ladies are making an awesome statement by going from one extreme to another and I'm excited/proud to follow your journeys!
Thanks girl! I know exactly what type of package i want to bring on stage, and I promised myself I would not rush to get on stage until I reach that point, no matter how long it takes.

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Damn that is heavy lifting! Jealous!

I<3heavyliftin
07-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Today was an off day from training, but went in this a.m. for a spin class, then spent the rest of the day by the pool. Somewhere between the gym and the pool, I found some time to make some "clean" brownies. Now, when I made the first batch, I put protein powder and teddy's pb in it, and made it so one brownie = one meal. Then, my boyfriend was like "so, one brownie is an entire meal?". And, i started thinkin' It would be really great if i could have one meal= one brownie w/peanutbutter "frosting" + a shake. So, i made ANOTHER batch of brownies minus the protein powder and pb. And, they came out AWESOME! I used Stephaniewicked's recipe as a guideline. Next time I have this as a meal, i'll be sure to take some pics for all of you to drool over :drool:

I<3heavyliftin
07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
mmmm.... brownie :drool:

MrsSims
07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Yummy Brownie!! I must admit that Steph has the BEST Healthy cheat recipies i've ever seen on here.. Glad to see your workouts and off-season is going well! Keep training heavy and lets show people what us former Bikini girls are made of! ;)

I<3heavyliftin
07-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Killed shoulders this A.M. with the boyfriend! And now trying to find the motivation to go do some cardio. :no: don't want to do no more stinkin' cardio! I was doing three hours a day during my prep for a little more than a month, so now spending even an hour on the stair master makes me cringe. But, it must be done! I've been holding an insane amount of water since I started my off season "supplements".
On a side note, pertaining to "supplements" I was going to post pics of me on this forum, but I am choosing to stay anonymous so I can talk freely about my supplement usage without any backlash from potential clients or employers.
So, back to my water issue. I started running EQ three weeks ago, and ever since I have been like a freaking water balloon, which sucks cause just three weeks ago i was one of the leanest competitors on stage, and now I look like an umpa lumpa. or more like her: http://thelongthread.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/violet-beauregarde.jpg I went from being less than a size 2 to a six in a matter of a week! ugghhh! I've been drinking almost two gallons of water a day, watching my sodium, basically doing all the right stuff, but this water will not drop. My boyfriend told me water retention is one of the main reasons woman do not run cycles. And, I can totally see why, being bloated like this, especially during bikini season is a total mind f*ck. :(

2hot4u
07-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I thought physique was "suppose" to be more drug free per what bob was saying in telling girls to get off the juice and you will do better???? The whole thing he keeps harping on??? guess maybe it is a case by case or person by person issue. I am confused.

stephaniewilles
07-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I like your idea of moving from bikini to WP.

On shoulder day after my press I love to do a burn out on a machine shoulder press, do four sets of 10 a little bit lighter do one arm at a time with no rest until u get four sets with both arms...

Burn baby burn!!!! :yep:

I<3heavyliftin
07-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I thought physique was "suppose" to be more drug free per what bob was saying in telling girls to get off the juice and you will do better???? The whole thing he keeps harping on??? guess maybe it is a case by case or person by person issue. I am confused.
I don't think it's a stretch to assume that the newly crowned physique pro's are not natural. I mean, figure girls are juicing....
I understand what you're saying, but let's get real here, people will do whatever it takes to win if they want it bad enough.

I<3heavyliftin
07-08-2011, 09:06 PM
This is a figure competitor, you think no juice? Come on now....
http://www.nutrex.com/team-nutrex/larissa-images/larissa_reis_bio.jpg

2hot4u
07-09-2011, 07:11 AM
i totally get what you are saying and i agree. I am just pissed that Bob claims that he is getting the drugs out of the women by creating this new division and telling current wbb to get off the juice to have a shot in this physique division. Nothing towards you cause i get it.
I don't think it's a stretch to assume that the newly crowned physique pro's are not natural. I mean, figure girls are juicing....
I understand what you're saying, but let's get real here, people will do whatever it takes to win if they want it bad enough.

I<3heavyliftin
07-09-2011, 09:47 AM
2hot4u, sorry if i got a bit defensive, I'm in the same boat as you... confused about what exactly this organization wants.
Anyways, gettin' amped for leg day today! I'm so excited to try my new Schiek belt! Be back later to tell you all how it goes!

Suzanne
07-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Not true not everyone will do anything it takes and I know many people do much less than people think

You did 3 hours of cardio for bikini? I would never do even close to that for bbing!! that is insane and completely unnecessary

If you are doing an hour off season you are wasting you supplements since the cardio will interfere with growth

I<3heavyliftin
07-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Not true not everyone will do anything it takes and I know many people do much less than people think
Ok, let me rephrase, I will do what it takes, because I want it bad enough.

You did 3 hours of cardio for bikini? I would never do even close to that for bbing!! that is insane and completely unnecessary
Three hours totally felt insane, but I did what I had to in order to bring the package I wanted to on the stage. Once again, it maybe crazy, but I wanted it THAT bad. Plus, the first couple weeks of my prep were F*cked up by someone who claims to be a prep guy, when in reality has no idea what he's doing. So, I'm sure three hours of cardio a day would not have been needed if my prep had started on time. Also, everybody's body is different, what works for one does not work for all.

If you are doing an hour off season you are wasting you supplements since the cardio will interfere with growth
I totally agree with you on this, that is why I am tapering it off. This week is an hour, next week 45 min for less days, you get the point. My last competition was only a couple weeks ago, so I didn't want to just drop cardio to a halt, and up calories all at once. I am increasing calories and decreasing cardio each week. Trust me I can't wait to not be doing cardio anymore!

MrsSims
07-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Suzanne u are correct on the statements made about cardio.. For bikini I got up to 30mins 2x per day, and that was even too much for me.. I was severely overdieted..Heavyliftin you are also right that everyone's metabolisms are different and we all respond to cardio differently.. but 3 hours is something I would never ever do for prep. If I were falling behind my coach would just cut down the food, not increase cardio. Hopefully for Physique you don't have to overdo cardio so much if your diet is on point and monitored. The pic of that Figure competitor is a perfect example of what physique will most likely look like at the pro level, just legs a bit bigger. I am willing to do what it takes to win, but i'm not willing to do certain things or drugs I should say. I also know plenty of competitors that people claim are on tons of juice, while they rely on their genetics and get away with only taking minor orals such as clen, t3.. and maybe gh..
On my off-season since i'm a pretty clean eater with 1 cheat meal per week (sushi), my cardio is at a minimum.. 20 mins. 3-4x per week.. Have u hired a coach for off-season yet? :)

I<3heavyliftin
07-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Yes I have an off season coach, he was also my prep coach for the last 10 weeks of my prep. And, he's amazing.
I know plenty of competitors who have done 2-3 hours a day. Maybe not most bikini girls, but it's not unheard of in figure or FFBing. And, for me I would have done four, five hours if that is what it would take. I guess it's a mix of dedication and craziness in me. I refused to give up, and would not drop my calories below 1200.
Wow, were is the love ladies? I know female steroid use is a taboo topic, but I thought here I could actually have a support system of woman who also use. And, it's not a crazy assumption to make that there are plenty of woman on these forums who use, I mean there is an ENTIRE section dedicated to "Fem Chem".

stephaniewilles
07-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Here is some love girls!!!

To each her own. We all make our own choices on what we want to do and what we don't want to do. It's (drugs) in the sport, some use and some do not. Just bring the best you to the stage that you can, that's what you can do. No one should be judged based on their decision to use or not to use. In my opinion it's not considered cheating. Your just going beyond what your body can do naturally and you would have to work harder to get the results you wanted because supplements allow you to do that. Womens BB is an amazing and beautiful sport, I am just not willing to take it to that extreme but am a huge fan and have many fbb friends I admire. This is a bodybuilding site and muscle is part of it no matter how you get it.

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-09-2011, 11:47 PM
its getting hawt in hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

chillax my sistas! :hmn:

We are all friends here to support and let each other be who we want to be!

I think this is in the case of a very hard user female bodybuilder to 'soften up' in the face, and loose a little bit of mass to ((come down)) to WPD. However, I do think that for Bikini girl to go to WPD she will need to gain some serious mass,

Which A will take quality diet and nutrition and an amount of time
and B, may or may not take the use of anabolics to gain. . .

Ok, let me rephrase, I will do what it takes, because I want it bad enough.

Three hours totally felt insane, but I did what I had to in order to bring the package I wanted to on the stage. Once again, it maybe crazy, but I wanted it THAT bad. Plus, the first couple weeks of my prep were F*cked up by someone who claims to be a prep guy, when in reality has no idea what he's doing. So, I'm sure three hours of cardio a day would not have been needed if my prep had started on time. Also, everybody's body is different, what works for one does not work for all.

I totally agree with you on this, that is why I am tapering it off. This week is an hour, next week 45 min for less days, you get the point. My last competition was only a couple weeks ago, so I didn't want to just drop cardio to a halt, and up calories all at once. I am increasing calories and decreasing cardio each week. Trust me I can't wait to not be doing cardio anymore!

3 hours a day seems a little intense. I feel your pain. Just a questions:

1) Have you had your blood work / Thyroid levels checked
2) How much weight did you have to lose and how fast / dead line did you set for yourself that you were to be up to 3 hours per day? Did you need to lose like 30lbs in 12 weeks or something?

Here is some love girls!!!

To each her own. We all make our own choices on what we want to do and what we don't want to do. It's (drugs) in the sport, some use and some do not. Just bring the best you to the stage that you can, that's what you can do. No one should be judged based on their decision to use or not to use. In my opinion it's not considered cheating. Your just going beyond what your body can do naturally and you would have to work harder to get the results you wanted because supplements allow you to do that. Womens BB is an amazing and beautiful sport, I am just not willing to take it to that extreme but am a huge fan and have many fbb friends I admire. This is a bodybuilding site and muscle is part of it no matter how you get it.

xoxo

MrsSims
07-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Let's all try to stay positive in eachother's journals.. What I have to say that I admire the most about "Heavyliftin" is that you have soooo MUCH Determination.. More than alot of competitors I know. I would never ever bash anyone for using certain types of drugs.. Like Stephanie said, "to each's own". If that is the route you want to take in order to look a certain way, then i'm all for it. I've never ever been against AAS, and never will be.. Some competitors can get away with taking little to none, while others have to rely on taking more. But truth of the matter is, very few competitors in the NPC are on minor drugs.. Meaning atleast taking orals. You keep training your ass off, and make this off-season worthwhile, because NOW is your growing time.. Lets stay focused together! :)

stephaniewilles
07-11-2011, 12:19 PM
POSITIVE VIBES.... I like that!!

Heavy Lifting... Love it!!!

Keep up all the great work girls!! And hey even more great news, I completed my first arm day, I mean 4 weeks out of the hospital and I did all my sets. I know its just arms but 12 sets for bi's and 12 sets for tri's, I'm one proud chica!!! Even if the weight was alot lower than normal, it felt great and my body was totally ok with it. Funny how you just have to mentally back off and let your body decide what it want's to do in the gym. It was ready to go on Saturday for sure!!!

Have a great day!!!
xoxo

2hot4u
07-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I am not trying to make it hot in here at all. Just simply talking about what bob is saying that is all. Trust me i am totally right there with you. I am excited to see what the pro level of physique is going to bring.

partsRheavy
07-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Just wanna add my support to a newer member. I have no idea your age or anything like that but as we get into 40's folks are more likely to be less judgmental about *chem stuff.

Heck, so many of our sedentary compatriots own those SuMTWTFSa compartmented pill sorter-boxes.... (while I hide from the doctor like a cat runs under the couch to hide from being taken to the vet....)

It's a big big lift between bikini and WPD.

I hope in your offseason that you are eating hearty, sleeping a lot and getting plenty of building goodies like olive oil, eggs your choice of lean meat/fish etc. If you can get to a farmers' market, try some local eggs/produce. Try organic veggies - different stuff shows up each week at farmers' markets during the summer.

I'm new to barnyard eggs myself but DANG but they are XXJumbo size and very rich in nutrients - I can taste the difference even versus the best brand at the supermarket.

Log your lifts, write down your workouts. Watching the numbers is great motivation!!!!

Sunshine in moderation is pro-hormonal because vitamin D converts into hormones. (just try to avoid getting burned....) Similar to the cholesterol in barnyard eggs.

Forget what that guy with the last name that relates to day-old mail-order new poultry hatchlings says. (chicks - peep-peep)

Unless you're under 25-30 years old, the appropriate workouts and techniques for bikini may not apply. Offseason shouldn't do too-too much cardio unless recently splurged on carbs.

Once again ---- log workouts to motivate and watch progress. Your lift stats are nice and strong!!!!!!

If you start losing the taste for sweet stuff (even the organic cane sugar sweetened cereals from Kashi, Cascadian etc.) and start having a taste for olive oil/meats/veggies you're definitely on the right track.

I<3heavyliftin
07-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I've been away too long! Sorry ladies, life's been busy! But thank you everyone for the support! :)

3 hours a day seems a little intense. I feel your pain. Just a questions:

1) Have you had your blood work / Thyroid levels checked
2) How much weight did you have to lose and how fast / dead line did you set for yourself that you were to be up to 3 hours per day? Did you need to lose like 30lbs in 12 weeks or something?

1) My prep coach is also encouraging me to get blood work. He said I was the most difficult person to strip fat off of. We decided to not go below 1200 calories and up the cardio instead. I have no insurance so, blood testing will have to wait :(
2) I went from 141 to 120 in ten weeks.

POSITIVE VIBES.... I like that!!

Heavy Lifting... Love it!!!
Thank you Stephaniewilles!

Just wanna add my support to a newer member. I have no idea your age or anything like that but as we get into 40's folks are more likely to be less judgmental about *chem stuff.

Heck, so many of our sedentary compatriots own those SuMTWTFSa compartmented pill sorter-boxes.... (while I hide from the doctor like a cat runs under the couch to hide from being taken to the vet....)

It's a big big lift between bikini and WPD.

I hope in your offseason that you are eating hearty, sleeping a lot and getting plenty of building goodies like olive oil, eggs your choice of lean meat/fish etc. If you can get to a farmers' market, try some local eggs/produce. Try organic veggies - different stuff shows up each week at farmers' markets during the summer.

I'm new to barnyard eggs myself but DANG but they are XXJumbo size and very rich in nutrients - I can taste the difference even versus the best brand at the supermarket.

Log your lifts, write down your workouts. Watching the numbers is great motivation!!!!

Sunshine in moderation is pro-hormonal because vitamin D converts into hormones. (just try to avoid getting burned....) Similar to the cholesterol in barnyard eggs.

Forget what that guy with the last name that relates to day-old mail-order new poultry hatchlings says. (chicks - peep-peep)

Unless you're under 25-30 years old, the appropriate workouts and techniques for bikini may not apply. Offseason shouldn't do too-too much cardio unless recently splurged on carbs.

Once again ---- log workouts to motivate and watch progress. Your lift stats are nice and strong!!!!!!

If you start losing the taste for sweet stuff (even the organic cane sugar sweetened cereals from Kashi, Cascadian etc.) and start having a taste for olive oil/meats/veggies you're definitely on the right track.
wow, tons of great advice, thank you!

Ok now that i kinda caught up with you ladies, I can't wait to tell you about my fist leg workout with my new lifting belt! It was FREAKIN awesome! My weights all went way up! I have always been a nay sayer on lifting belts, but if you any lower back issue, you NEED to get one! I was able to smith squat 180 lbs! That's the most I've done ever! SLD I got 185! I used it again today for back and killed BB Rows with 155!

I<3heavyliftin
07-13-2011, 04:04 PM
I am not trying to make it hot in here at all. Just simply talking about what bob is saying that is all. Trust me i am totally right there with you. I am excited to see what the pro level of physique is going to bring.
I am also excited to see where it's going, I'm love seeing physiques like Dana Linn Bailey! I may have a slight girly crush on her :p

MrsSims
07-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I am also excited to see where it's going, I'm love seeing physiques like Dana Linn Bailey! I may have a slight girly crush on her :p

Ahhhhh same here! I so think she has the BEST PHYSIQUE in this division.. She is such a HUGE inspiration and Role model to me.. I really do believe that she has the Ultimate and Perfect physique to win the first Olympia title. ;)

MrsSims
07-13-2011, 06:20 PM
One of the members at my gym has this amazing belt that most powerlifters use and I tried it last week on Leg Day and it was amazing.. Although my phone deleted her text msg with the name and website to buy it.. I love schiek belts also, and i'm also one of those lower back sufferers.. Glad you were able to lift heavy, and i'm waiting to see your killer Leg workout.. Can't Wait!!!

stephaniewicked
07-14-2011, 05:08 AM
I want to get a belt... can you find out again and let us know? lol

And I'm soooooo with you guys... I'm really excited about everything I've seen related to women's physique so far. Not to mention, the routines look like so much fun! I wanna do it too, but I'm not trying to gain the mass right now. I'm so stubborn and can't get past the weight gain... it totally messes with my head! I'm rooting for all of you who are making the leap, especially from bikini... gives me motivation and inspiration to keep rockin' it hard!

MrsSims
07-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey Heavyliftin'!! Just checking in with you! Hope you are having a fantastic thursday!!

Steph, i'm going to find out the name of the belt and post it on here for you guys along with the website.. LOL.. It definitely takes motivation, and tons of compliments from my fiance' to be able to stay on track.. Being fluffy and bloated sometimes is definitely no fun while off-season and does tend to mess with your head at times,
(especially during pms mode), but the mental prep is what has to be there 100% of the time..I'm glad that we can inspire and motivate eachother. You motivate me to cook more healthy goodies.. LOL. I was just showing off your recipe pics to my friends that think they can't diet and eat good cheats! ;)

I<3heavyliftin
07-14-2011, 08:27 PM
I want to get a belt... can you find out again and let us know? lol

And I'm soooooo with you guys... I'm really excited about everything I've seen related to women's physique so far. Not to mention, the routines look like so much fun! I wanna do it too, but I'm not trying to gain the mass right now. I'm so stubborn and can't get past the weight gain... it totally messes with my head! I'm rooting for all of you who are making the leap, especially from bikini... gives me motivation and inspiration to keep rockin' it hard!

The weight gain is still slightly messing with my head, but I found one way to subside my anxiety about it by NOT stepping on the scale. The scale has been my enemy for a very long time, and I even stopped looking at it half way through my prep this year because it was giving me so much emotional anxiety! For my weekly weigh-ins I would step on the scale backwards and make my boyfriend (who also is my prep coach) look at the number. Crazy, well yes.... but if the number was not up to my expectations I would freak out for the entire weekend, thus wrecking not only my weekend, but my boyfriend's too.
As for the routine.... I'm so excited to get on stage and showcase my hard work without having to look/feel like a damn stripper! One thing I HATED about bikini was having to shake my ass like a whore. No offense to any of my lovely bikini girls, but that type of showcasing of my assets just does not fit my personality. I certainly stayed on the side of class when it came to my posing, but even my MOTHER said I needed to shake my ass more! lol Steph I give you a lot of credit for staying in this class, sometimes it's harder to hold yourself back in order to stay in a class than it is to grow into one.

Hey Heavyliftin'!! Just checking in with you! Hope you are having a fantastic thursday!!

Steph, i'm going to find out the name of the belt and post it on here for you guys along with the website.. LOL.. It definitely takes motivation, and tons of compliments from my fiance' to be able to stay on track.. Being fluffy and bloated sometimes is definitely no fun while off-season and does tend to mess with your head at times,
(especially during pms mode), but the mental prep is what has to be there 100% of the time..I'm glad that we can inspire and motivate eachother. You motivate me to cook more healthy goodies.. LOL. I was just showing off your recipe pics to my friends that think they can't diet and eat good cheats!

Happy Thursday to you too girl! Hope it was good to ya!
Speaking of cooking, I prep my boyfriend's, my mother and my food for the week and now am thinking of starting a bodybuilding food blog. All my cooking for the week is clean of course, and fits exactly into our macros... what do you girls think? Would you be interested in reading the culinary adventures of Heavylitin and family? lol :p

So today was an off day from training, which is good 'cause my back is sooo sore!!! I do have the pleasure of watching my 8 yr old nephew on Thursdays, so we took advantage of the absolutely beautiful weather and took a bike ride down to our town docks. The mixture of sun, fun, and biking wore me out, so a decided against going in for my 45 min of cardio. I am trying this week with all my might to back down on the cardio! And, I was pretty good this week. Next week, no cardio on training days and NO more spin classes!

Here's back day from the other day:

Pulldowns: (switched from wide grip to close grip this week that's why weight went down not up)
170X6, 150 X10, 150X10

Bent over BB Row:
135X12, 145X13, 155X11

Single arm Hammer Strength Seated Row:
115X12, 125X10, 125X10

Overhand pull ups:
5 on my own, 3 w/spot
6 no spot, all me baby!!!

Bi's:

Seated DB Curls:
25X12, 25X12, 25X12

Hammer Cable Curl:
80X10, 90X8, 90X8

Tomorrow is delt time!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Hmm, I think there are free clinics where you can actually get it done! You have to check in your area, but I'm positive there are!

MrsSims
07-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Nice Chest session Heavyliftin!! I would definitely follow your food journal, and use some tips and ideas for my cheat snacks.. I'm in love with Sweets, its always been my source of comfort food.. However, because of most of the stuff out there is "horrible" for you, I refuse to touch it, only on special holidays.. and my coach wouldn't approve either. LOL.. A book of healthy recipes would be a great idea for you, and would help all of us competitors stay sane while prepping :)

stephaniewicked
07-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I hear you about the posing... I don't feel it came as naturally to me as it does to many of the other girls and that's half the battle unfortunately. I'm not staying in bikini though. I'm moving up to figure... I had to stop training upper body for 2.5 months pre-contest and I was sooooo unhappy about it. I've been in such a better headspace training-wise since I got back to my regular bodybuilding training split every week. I feel strong again and I love the way my upper body looks so I definitely want to keep working hard to develop what's already there... I agree with you though, holding back is definitely a hard thing to do. I'd rather be happy though, so now I'm just training my way and having fun in the gym again. :)

And I haven't stepped on the scale in almost a month... I have the same fear, so for now I just go by what the mirror reflects and how my clothes fit. I don't think the number will be that bad, but at the same time, I don't wanna know...

Darielle
08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Im glad to see a thread like this on the forums..im usually more of a spectator of these threads but wanted to chime in and tell you its nice to see more bikini girls with the desire to really Work in the gym and reach a new level. When I first decided to compete I wanted to do figure because I Loved that look..but by the time I was getting close to my first show everyone told me I'd do much better in bikini. So after a lot of hesitation i made the switch. Not gonna lie, I've had fun with it, but I've also been dieting non stop since last year and Just began my first real off season. I've felt the same way as you, energy low in the gym, overdieted, and lost Any size I had. Now Im back in the gym lifting heavy too and getting my numbers back up there! Training is my passion and I would Never want to hold myself back again to fit into a division. I look at it as I will train as hard as I can to build as much muscle as I want and I'll place myself in a division, not the other way around ;) Good luck girl and I'll be following along...oh and I think the cooking thread would be a great idea!