PDA

View Full Version : Gretchen's Fitness Training Journal

FitnessGretch
07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
My name is Gretchen Quast and I live in Anchorage Alaska. I am in the process of training for my first competition. My competition date is August 20th and I will be competing in both Fitness and Figure. (Although my main focus will be the fitness division--but since I will have already leaned out and put in the work---why not enter Figure as well!)

I am a full time personal trainer and because of this I really understand the value in working with professionals. I have quickly come to the conclusion that training for a Fitness Comp is tremendously different then the 'general' diet and resistance training I teach to my clients. This being my first competition, and I am working with the fabulous Cinzia Clapp (IFBB Fitness Pro) for posing, routine, gymnastics and resistance training. I am also working with Shawn Clapp for my nutrition. In addition to Shawn and Cinzia, I am part of a amazing group of women in Alaska called 907 Muscle Girls. We are a group of Fitness, Figure and Bikini competitors who meet up regularly and keep each other accountable. The team is overseen by Shawn and Cinzia Clapp and is a sister team to Tanji Johnson's Save Fitness team.

Training for this upcoming fitness competition has been the ultimate challenge. I have never done gymnastics nor do I have any sort of background in dance or cheer. ((These seem to be great staples in any fitness competitors' background.)) However, I am a highly motivated individual who needs and thrives on being challenged. I love fitness and exercise. I love pushing my body to the next level. I love feeling capable in my own skin and competing seemed like the next logical step in my fitness journey.

I am 5'6" and am currently about 128lbs & 10.5% body fat. I started with Shawn and Cinzia a few months back and I was about 137lbs and 16% body fat. Our goal is to drop me down to about 8.5% for the show. I will be getting another test done shortly so I will be able to update these stats soon.

I am excited to get to know other competitors and fitness enthusiasts through this training journal. Will be checking in again soon! God bless!

MrsSims
07-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Welcome to Rx Gretchen!! We're glad to have another member posting journals.. I will be following your progress for sure and wish you all the best of luck coming up on Aug. 20th.. I'm sure your dieting super hard right now, stay focused, driven, and determined. Keep us posted on your prep and even off-season. I'm looking forward to it! I also forgot to mention that I have much respect for the fitness division, my former trainer started off in fitness and used to always go through the routines and it definitely looks very difficult, especially when you don't have alot of energy towards the end of the prep. I give you props.. Please update us with pictures! :)

The Prodigy
07-04-2011, 04:53 PM
YAHOO!!! Fitness! I love watching the routines and I am always amazed by the outfits! Post some pics lady! I will be following along!

I<3heavyliftin
07-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I love the fitness division, and i give you girls ALOT of credit! not only do you need to look as good as the figure competitors but you need to do a crazy hard routine on top of it! You rock girl!

The Prodigy
07-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Well Gretch....How is it going?

Sunnyday
07-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey Gretchen. Stopping by to encourage you on your journey. Fitness is the BOMB! :D